Old 06-08-2016, 10:05 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,
I have been back from Hawaii for a week and am starting to get my schedule back on track. I gained 5 - 6 pounds in my 2 weeks away and was hovering around 184 when I returned. Of course this weight was after a long flight and with bowels that still had a 5 hour time difference. I am pleased to say that I am back below 180 today. I just went back to mostly clean eating, although I have been struggling a bit (today was hard I found myself eating some candy that I left alone for the last 6 months, I finally went to the cafe to get a couple of hard boiled eggs, it helped a bit. But when I got home I realized that I could have eaten my oatmega bars as a snack but did not.

Getting my veggies in and the snacks my folks had around (and even that I bought) were my biggest problem. Nice to be back to some veggies and lean protein meals. Made crackslaw for supper last night and I think we are going to have lettuce roll ups for supper tomorrow.

KellyC - this is our group, where we do most of our sharing. We have started to recognize each other on the other IP forums. The losses are definitely not linear. Some weeks the scale would read the same every day and then the next day, down 2 pounds. Others I would see 0.2 - 0.4 come off each day.

Blue - I have not been tracking -- I think I need to commit to tracking for a week (because I cant think of much longer than that) - one week at a time. I also need to get a new pair of jeans, my once tight jeans are now a little loose. I have been using a pair of shorts as my "tight jeans".

Linda - You own this, forget what those folks said you look fabulous. I understand the long days, I am trying to figure out how to take advantage of my new shorter commute home, but we have not gone bike riding yet (remember this is my reason for not going back on P1) - please hold me accountable. I like the 2 /2/ 2 strategy for a big weekend / even for a post vacation situation. I struggled with when / how to do a P1 on vacation. I figured the Luau was a splurge - I felt stuffed and sick. I tried my best to do P1 for breakfast and lunch but was back to P4 by dinner.

Beth - congrats on the 2nd 13.1. Awesome achievement. Your arms look amazing. If I have one area that I am not happy with it is my flabby bat wing arms. I want to make a little gym in my basement with some handweights and other simple equipment. Re job, the experience of the interview is good. If you have not done it already, creating a list of questions to ask is a good thing. Google is wonderful. I hope your phone interview (yesterday?) went well.

MiWi - Awesome job being accountable and helping me to be. Hope you had a great vacation.

Lynn - I hope you have gotten rid of those close by now. It is freeing to see those cloths going away and I think HIS said it best the skinny cloths are cuter.

canadjineh - I wish I would have kept one thing of the larger size, but one of the tips I read was to deface the clothing so that you can't go back to them.

HIS - hope all is well with the foot, you have been faced with many challenges in the past few months. Here to a better few months.

Well we are on the final stages of the home sale our old house closes next Thursday. It will be nice to be taking care of just one house. We are slowly getting things in place at the new one. My husband seems happier and even more comfortable in the new place.

Well time to put a few things in there place and for some shut eye.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 03:34 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

smashed, good idea about defacing the old big pair of pants so there's nothing to sneak into if we start to climb in pounds. Never thought of that!

Oops, darn autocorrect - I just noticed s/b smdawheel not 'smashed'.
The permanent marker idea is great!

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-09-2016 at 02:20 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 11:36 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
smashed, good idea about defacing the old big pair of pants so there's nothing to sneak into if we start to climb in pounds. Never thought of that!
Ok - thats not a bad idea...keep a pair of jeans and use permanent marker to write things on the legs...doesn't have to be disparaging, but like:
"TIME TO EAT YOUR VEGGIES"

Sue - great to hear your Hawaii vacation went so well. Got the tools and thats terrific such a large chunk already came off
Restarting is difficult - be positive about it though - try to track and remember, "one meal at a time". We got your back!

Kelly - like Sue said, 3FC is our "home" but we see each other out-&-about on The Book. For me, it is so much easier to share pictures...also, feedback is almost instantaneous & there are quite a few coaches who monitor & comment.

Idk why, but I have a case of the 'blahs' today.

I called in sick yesterday and was able to enjoy one of the absolute finest days we've had in months - 70 degrees, perfect blue skies. Looking out the window now wishing I was home.

I was overwhelmed with what felt like a million things I had let fall to the wayside and was able to take care of most of them yesterday. I knew the next 2 weekends were going to be near impossible to get everything done with all our events.

It doesn't help that I come in and start feeling sick in our new environment -we are working 8+ hours a day in an active construction zone, breathing paint fumes, drywall dust and god-only-knows what else

...and my direct bosses attitude towards teleworking definitely isn't giving me the warm and fuzzy's...my other team members daughter was in an accident and has to do 2 months of physical therapy - he produced doctors notes, etc...and they still gave him a hard time about needing to work from home 2 days a week with the B-S around here I just don't get it...I know life isn't fair and some (many?) would have to use sick leave or vacation...but otoh, there is NO reason he can't work from home.

Trying to be grateful though...I have healthy children, a job, a roof over my head, good food, I am healthy, and I have running
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 11:52 AM   #154  

Interesting...going next week to talk to & 'interview' for an IP coaching position at a Dr's office not far from where I live.

I have had a lot going on but realized this summer was going to be kind of quiet, so its presenting itself at a good time.

& surprisingly I was upfront about doing IPA and they still want to talk to me...
Old 06-10-2016, 04:07 PM   #155  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Beth That's cool! IP coach. I can start referring coworkers who live down there to you. Ha! So awesome.

I have maintained all week...it has been SO stressful. Next week Phase 1, then two days of Phase 2, and three days of Phase 3 and off to our beach vacation.
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 01:27 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Sue – great to hear from you, sounds like Hawaii was wonderful, and you did amazingly well diet-wise those 5-6 lbs went so fast, they were definitely not all “real” gains. So nice to go on vacation and be able to enjoy!! And YAY for the loose “tight jeans” – we all know how good that feels!
You must be so happy to be almost done with the house/move. Nice time of year to get settled in, explore your new area.
And yes, of course we will hold you accountable ) GET ON THAT BIKE and go out and have fun! Actually, I’m one to talk… I bought a second hand bike a few weeks ago, thought it would be good exercise (and fun), keep in mind, I really haven’t ridden a bike in probably 30 years, so some learning to do (well, they say it’s not hard, it’ll come back to me, just like…well, you know…riding a bike
Anyway, I finally went out a few days ago and bought a helmet, new seat, light, so I’ve been slow to get at it myself, so you go ahead and scold me right back.

Beth – Sorry to hear things are not going well at work, sounds like no fun, and you don’t need the added stress. Interesting development – the IP coaching! If anyone knows all the ins and outs of IP and the challenges, you’ve certainly been the poster child! Sounds like it would be a big change. We’ll be interested to hear how the interview goes.

Candi – good luck with prepping for the vacation, sounds like a good plan. How long will you be beaching? Someplace nice? Lucky you, sounds like fun.

I got some of the new Combat Crunch Chocolate/Coconut bars this week. First of all… YUM!!! If you haven’t tried them yet, go! So, the other day I was looking through the cupboards for something sweet, and couldn’t find anything. I didn’t want a whole bar, so I cut one up into 6 pieces (the size of a chocolate) and put them in a ziploc bag in the fridge. Perfect solution. Small bite-size treat. And even better cold!!

Have a great weekend, everyone.
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:56 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Height: 5'4"

Good Sunday Morning Everyone-from my "Happy Place" enjoying a cup of coffee on the deck whilst DBF is still sleeping below. So- as luck would have it- 2/2/2 seems to work beautifully. Good to know another tool in the toolbox-most especially for thos longer "indulgence periods" Though I will most definitely try to keep those to a minimum. I was back to 125 point (can't recall exact #) Thursday morning, which was my 1st P3 and yesterday morning (back to normal eating day) I was 125.6- so all in all- not a terrible experience- but still- as much as I India poo-pooed my girlfriend saying how hard it is to get back on to the program....I see it now. I'd much rather control my indulgences and just do a P1/2 day after then having an all out "fest" and have to go back on for a couple of days. Oh, how I missed my Combat bar snack! Again though, the important thing here for me is that I have NO EXCUSES-I HAVE TOOLS to keep the weight off. If I keep my food log-so I know where I'm at and what I am eating- and how much I am eating, follow "the rules" and not be an idiot (my words for myself- no one else) I should be able to keep my new self just fine. Now for the hard part- lol- getting all this saggy baggy skin in check. I did freeze my gym membership at the Y. I have till August- 10 hour days at work are not making me want to go to the Y after work- so I will have to get myself back in to the habit of doing something in the morning- strength wise and keep up my lunch time 25 minute walks.
HIS- how is the foot? I am so sorry- I can't believe all of this is happening to you. I'm also sorry about all of the other things that have gone on for you recently. I sure hope that things are calming down and you will have some peace....*hugs and positive vibes to you*
Sue-I think the house has closed-or is it this coming Thursday? That's amazing how quickly it all went for you. That would be very unusual in these parts. Congratulations!!! Hoping that all of your things are finding just the right spots in your new home. Vacation sounds like it was amazing and you have done amazingly well. You are an inspiration to me!!
Lynn- I hope you ditched the old clothes. Don't procrastinate- that's what I did and it became an overwhelming task to get rid of them- to the point I almost just threw the bags up in the attic- THAT defeats the whole purpose now doesn't it? So I had 2 contractor bags of 14's/x/l's and 2 bags of 12/L's with some additional findings stacked on top- put each size on my FB page 100. For each size - well, eventually, one of my dear friends from a lifetime ago (read prior marriage) texted and said she is floating between the 2 sizes but would like the 12's - well...she came over Friday afternoon- and I just wanted to be ri of them- so for the 100 bucks she got it all- PLUS I went in to another closet while she was there and gave her about 6 suits, 10 skirts 6 sports...plus a bunch of other stuff- If I had there wherewithall I probably could have sold it off individually for about 1000 bucks there was so much stuff- and I told her when I go to the attic- she gets first dibs.My point being- don't wait- because it does get overwhelming (especially since I am the self proclaimed clothes hoarder) and I always had hung n to the clothes and it made it too easy to climb back in to the larger sizes.
I did keep one pair of size 16 Lee jeans- I wish I had hung on to a pair of the 18s- they hang in my closet where I see them every day - with a sign on them that says "never forget" they are one of the first things I see when I walk in there- I remember talk way back-Beth - I think you were the one talking about it- and putting the picture on the fridge? I think I am going to do something like that also- which means I probably should put one on the peanut butter container too....lol- Oh, speaking of which - I bought a jar of the PB2 chocolate flavored powder. Kinda diggin it I must say- I think I might be able to use that to appease my sweet too the when it hits-
Candi- you got this no problem- I know it!! My .02 - (I say this as I am already thinking of my Vineyard vacation) I'm pretty much planning to eat most meals as P2/3 as possible so that if I do indulge in some ice cream or something, I'll be ok. Again, MFP- I don't foresee myself stopping that- I mean, it's become second nature and since I eat mostly the same things most of it pops up as I start to input the information. They've come a long way with the app since I first started using it 4 or 5 years ago- (which is funny- because it tells me I've lost 114 lbs- well, yes because I weighed 239 lbs when I first started using it that long ago- lol) anyhow I digress....Have fun at the beach- think about what you're eating, but don't obsess over it.
Blue- aren't they amazing?? I love them- and thanks for the idea of chilling them!! Never thought about that. I hope that things are going well for you.
Beth- Glad that you took a MH day for yourself- with all the stress you are going through there, and the b/s they're pulling- you need it, deserve it and shouldn't deny yourself it. Yes, it's great that you have those things to be grateful for- I get that- but don't let them walk all over you. How exciting!! I can totally see you as a coach! The things you have learned about this, taught us, encouraged us, shared with us- I thnk that you would be amazing.
Well, since I've been sitting here typing for almost an hour- I hope that it posts-if not - I'm throwing myself overboard- lol and I think I'll grab a second cup of coffee and some breakfast.
Oh I meant to mention - as we have talked about thrifting and all through our various stages- I am totally in love with it now- because, yes, still a clothes hoarder.....(only smaller sizes...lol) Ok- again sidetracked....Damn you Starbucks instant coffee- which is quite good for instant-Shopgoodwill.com - lets just say there are some amazing bargains on there- obviously as with any online stuff - you have to really look at the pics an pay attention to the descriptions- but- some of the better ones- out in Nevada, LA, etc- I have found some really awesome things NWT on the cheap- the shipping- a little more than I would like- BUT Still- paying way less than in a store- some of this stuff I would NEVER actually buy new- 7 For Mankind jeans- I paid 24 bucks with shipping- I looked this particular pair up- $395 ARE.YOU.KIDDING.ME????? I would never in a million years- and they are on great shape - and because all the jeans you buy now are faded and all that- no one has been able to tell the difference. My heartsick story- there was an amazing Spyder NWT jacket $695- My max bid was 85- someone got it for 86- KILLED me!! Everything closes on PST so that's 3 hours behind for me- I fell asleep before checking the bids and checked it in the middle of the night when I woke up and it had already closed...I couldn't go back to sleep for like an hour..... Lol- Yes, it's my new obsession. Can't wait to get home today- apparently there are some more treasures waiting in my mailbox- ok- NOW I will make breaky and another coffee- Have a great day everyone!!! Keep up the amazing work- and if I don't get back to check in for a bit- have an AWESOME week-
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 05:59 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Has anyone heard from Cheryl??
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:14 AM   #159  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Has anyone heard from Cheryl??
I went and checked her profile and she was on 3FC yesterday

Cheryl, hope you are ok and check in

HIS - you too lady! Any word on the foot?

Linda - Saw a FB 'regular' post about a 2 day, hedonistic binge - conventional wisdom on the P2,3,4 board seems to be its only the 1 day of P1 that 'counts' (did you see the post I am talking about...?)...so I started thinking about how your coach recommended the 2/2/2 and was wondering if they gave you some details on this method. Obviously it worked like a charm Congrats!
My $0.02 though...4 days at P1/P2 *could* restart ketosis...for all my research, there doesn't seem to be a set, magic number of days though. Not crapadoodling on it, I just have my own concerns about jumping in / out of ketosis too much (& I know you don't plan to make a habit of 4 day binges ) and was just wondering if this was something they had tried successfully with other clients or got directly from IP, or...?
I ask a lot of questions

We had a fantastic weekend with our Carbon Leaf family their non-paid photography friend captured a perfect moment in time between DH & myself that just summed up the day <3

So I go tomorrow to talk to the doctors office affiliated with IP. I saw someone a little closer also responded...and DH was kind of like 'what do you mean it's going to be a quiet summer' and started listing plans we've talked about...I still want to go talk to them and see what opportunities there are
...and Linda, I am a keyboard-cowgirl what I mean by that is I am actually an introvert (per Myers-Briggs & self-knowledge). I was talking with a co-worker this morning, reminiscing about my days trying to sell Kirby vacuums I also tend to be honest, to a fault, and wonder how well I'd actually do selling the brand...but it's worth a shot...& If this works out, it will definitely be a step outside my comfort zone.

...but given the new, very suspicious 'documentation' email request I received this morning, I think I'd better get a move-on finding a source of income, pronto!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CL 2016.jpg (29.9 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-13-2016, 11:51 AM   #160  
Ready to Reboot!

Beth You look fantastic! And happy! Do you mean Carbon Leaf the band? I think I'd like an honest IP coach. At least from 3FC, you tell us what you think, but you are kind too. That's the perfect person to help someone overcome a big challenge!

Linda Thank you so much for your thoughts. I need to think IP compliant about my meals...not to go into ketosis, but like you said, if I stay low carb during my regular meals, I can have some ice cream and not freak out completely.

HIS How is your foot? How is everything?

blue I am going to Orange Beach, Alabama. It's a gorgeous beach. My brother-in-law owns a beach condo so we get to stay for free. Plus it has a full kitchen, so we buy groceries for the week and save there too. Your frozen Combat bars sounds like a plan!

Sue Wishing you well with the house. I think this group is so supportive that it's easy to stay accountable. The worse thing I did before my reboot is stop posting on here.

I joined the Phase 2,3,4 group on the book. I feel awkward posting, but it's fun reading what others have to say. So I am doing Phase 1 this week and I feel weird about going into ketosis with the goal of going out so quickly, but I feel like I need to get a hold of the music fest/Disney weight gain before I go to the beach. Then I can continue to work on maintenance on vacation...it's hard to do maintenance at home, but I am going to focus on keeping the carbs low in general and see how it goes. Take care and have a great week everyone!
Old 06-13-2016, 02:55 PM   #161  

Candi - thanks it was truly magical.
Yup, Carbon Leaf, the band - I believe you and I chatted about them on the boards last summer
The Leaf Family pooled our resources for a private show. It was less than 30 people. I think it was really special for all of us, including the band, to be together in such an intimate setting. We talked with the lead guitarist for quite a while, and he said how nice / comfortable it was to be with fans they knew by name. They are just awesome people

& I appreciate the kind words going into the interview tomorrow. Again, typing a response is a lot different than speaking one-on-one with a client...I can go back and edit a post if I feel it's too unkind or snarky...won't have that delete button IRL
Old 06-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

Well the scale is a little up and down. Had a complete binge on Friday ( 1.5 large muffins). Did a full P1 day on Saturday plus a little cheese. I am just not fitting the split fats and carbs into my life. So today P1 breakfast, p2 lunch and now pizza for supper. (a 400 calorie serving) . I need some time to do more meal prep.

My folks are have a 50th Anniversary party on Saturday so the prep time has been going to that DH and I smoked 60# of pork shoulder. DH is so good and cut a lot of the fat off before smoking it. We finish it in the oven and I had to get up at 1 AM to pull it. So I am tired too.

Beth - I think you would be a great IP coach. The clients are going to be more nervous than you and you will be seeing the same people each week. I would bring a photo along too (the one that was very motivating to me of your before and after). I wish I would have had a coach like you -- wait I did - you have been coaching us newbees for at least 6 months.

As a Myers Briggs introvert you are likely better at listening that those of us that are extroverts.

MiWi - I understand your struggles. Your story sounds similar to mine. Wishing you the best for your short P1 journey. Your beach vacay sounds awesome!!

Linda - I love your posts. So happy to hear that you are back at your happy place. Interesting how the 2/2/2 worked for the longer indulgence. My closet is getting toward the minimalist side. I may have to check out your site - of course I would have no clue what is designer or knock off. Cute is what I am after. Before Hawaii we stopped at an outlet mall and I think I had 30 minutes to shop. Stop 1 was for tank tops and stop 2 was for bras. That all I had time for (and that was with DH standing in line to pay for the stuff from stop 1).

I am trying a new organizational tool for work called Personal Kanban. I on day 2 and feel that I have a better handle on what I have going on. It utilizes a white board and sticky notes where you pull stuff from the ready to do - into the doing and then into the done column. The focus is on limiting your work in progress so that you can finish stuff and move it to done. You are suppose to be able to incorporate it into your personal life, but I have not reached the chapter in the book that tells me how to mix the 2... (if it is there). I definately have had too much in my work in progress section of personal life.

Have a great week all.

Good luck on your interview / meeting tomorrow Beth!!
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 11:01 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

SMDAWHEEL So i just googled Kanban and I am really liking this!! I am very visual so I think this would be perfect for me. Are you using the website, or did you get a white board? I think this is great!
Kellyc14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:17 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 176.4/168.4/140

Thank you everyone for the "GET RID OF THE CLOTHES" advice. My first Goodwill bag is in the car ready to go AND some of my nicer things I LOVE (four Royal Robbins Skorts) are getting shipped to a friend.

After WI today I am four pounds from my original goal, though I am thinking I will go with my Coach's advice to get five pounds under that. I'm thrilled and petrified at the same time! Similarly, I'm very afraid of, but feel VERY READY for the next phases, thanks to all the amazing thoughtful guidance on these here boards!

In a miraculous act of TIMING, my husband will be away from 6/20 through 7/1, so I'm hoping for a nice final stretch of strict clean P1 living! Not only that, but I'm really hoping to really get caught up and chime in on the boards. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the long responsive replies that pinpoint/reference all of our fellow journey goers and what is going on as individuals, but never have the time to reply in the same fashion. But in my head, I'm following everyone's stories religiously and can take something personally from all of them, so THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Keep on keepin' on!
Lynn Margaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:29 PM   #165  
Ready to Reboot!

Hey Everyone!

Lynn Margaret Wow! You are so close. I agree to try to get below goal because carb bloat is practically inevitable. Thrilled and petrified sounds normal to me. I still go between feeling proud of myself and worried I am going to go back to old habits. It's an ongoing process.

Beth Oh yeah! I remember talking about music, but I totally forgot Carbon Leaf!!! Well, that is so cool. As a huge music fan, I am jealous. How was your interview today?

sue Hope things stabilize. I am hoping that going through Phase 1 will restart me. I can already take a step back from the carb cravings right now to make better decisions. Kanban, huh? Gotta look that up.

Just wanted to check in and say everything is going well on Phase 1. I lost 3 lbs yesterday of carb bloat, I'm guessing. I actually feel better this time because I'm choosing Phase 1...like I don't have to do it, but I'm doing it because it feels good to me. My mindset has changed. I am feeling more confident about the beach. Wishing everyone well. Two of my coworkers have lost weight on IP and another coworker told two friends who have also been successful, so I feel like I played a role in the health of four people!