Old 06-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Lynn - isn't it nice having the house / kitchen to yourself I am that DH goes on our friends *bachelor party* weekend fishing excursion

Candi - that's awesome that you've been able to help so many people! I talked to a handful of people around the workplace, but from what I've seen, no one has done it - or they were not successful unfortunately

So...yah...um, lets just say I was very surprised by what I found out yesterday and as of now, no, I won't be coaching on the side.

I'll just keep helping out when I can here and on FB

& I was reading some posts from 3 weeks ago (trying to figure out when TOM happened last month)...I forgot about my 'no nuts' commitment
I've worn myself out though since 6/4 & the 13.1 - I really didn't rest / recuperate the way 'experts' advise b/c I felt so d@m good - but I think it caught up with me & I actually bonked on our run Monday. I am still really tired. I am also exhibiting TOM signs though, so it could be a combination of both. Taking an extra rest day this week (today) and keeping my diet / calories right around 2,000. We'll see how tomorrow morning's run goes.

DD11 has her promotion to middle school ceremony tonight *sniff* my baby...my 5'3" baby with size 8 hoofers

Last edited by hysteria_625; 06-15-2016 at 02:22 PM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:28 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Beth – Though I’m not familiar with CarbonLeaf, what a cool idea to have a private concert. Had no idea something like that was even possible. Sure looked like you had a great time!
Interesting about the interview…I would have loved to be a fly on the wall…
Never mind, something good will come your way. Any more news about what’s happening at work?

Candi – good to hear you dropped those few lbs, and you’re sure to lose a few more before you head off to the beach.
Don’t you all think with vacations, we’ve reached a stage where we know we can accept a small gain, I know I’ve seen enough of us that have, and come back and dropped it off by being smart, whether it’s a P1 reboot with Phase off, or a few P1/P2/P3 days or combinations.
Good for you for helping some of your co-workers/friends to get started on IP. I’ve had a number of people ask how I lost my weight, and usually just give a short answer, but a few have seemed really interested in more details, and sound like they’d like to give it a try, but I don’t think any of them actually have.

LynnM – Congratulations on being so close to gaol. I think we’re going to be celebrating with you by the end of the month!!
YAY for getting rid of the clothes. Although I’m one to talk I’ve gotten rid of quite a few through the P1 stages, but still had a lot left. Donated some to the women’s shelter, sent a bunch to one of my sisters, sold a few, donated some to various thrifts. My coach said the clinic might try a clothes exchange day, which I thought was a fantastic idea, but she said they’re just so busy, if they did, it wouldn’t be till the fall. So anyway, a few days ago, I took everything that I had left off to one of the local thrift stores, and it felt so good to see the empty bed in my guest room finally!!

Sue, those muffins don’t sound like a bad binge, a nice little indulgence maybe, and I hope the P1/P2 day took care of it. I have trouble with the fat/carb separation too, fat at lunch is easy, but lower fat/higher carb for dinner is harder, I often just have some fruit as my dinner carb.
That pork shoulder sounds wonderful, wish you could send the leftovers my way!!

HIS – hope all is well with you? Any news on the foot?

Linda – sounds like you’re finding time to enjoy the boat, what a wonderful “happy place” . Though it sounds like you need it, with work so busy/long hours for you. Thanks for sharing the 2/2/2 solution and good to know it worked. Interesting what Beth commented though on it maybe re-starting ketosis, did you notice any sign of that?
Interesting about the Goodwill online link. Now, I readily admit I am no fashionista, and have very little idea about great labels, I know I’ve found a few brands that seem to appeal/fit. And yes, I still love thrifting, and it’s fun to find something great when I go. Never thought about buying online, worry about returning if it didn’t fit. Though I suppose if it was a brand you knew would fit?

This week was pretty good diet-wise. DH and I took his aunt out for lunch on Tuesday. She’s the last living aunt on either side of the family, she lives in a nearby town, and we get together for lunch every couple of months. Fantastic lady, she’s a bit crippled up, but sharp as tack. It’s always fun to get together.
I planned on lunch being a splurge meal, and it was, the sweet potato fries put it over the top, and the scale confirmed it the next morning, 135.4 – definitely salt/carb bloat there - but my planned P1 day yesterday took care of it, and 133.0 again this morning. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with these occasional splurges My body seems to have settled into that 132/133 slot and seems to be happy there. Though I have to admit, in the back of my mind, I’m tempted to try to lose another 5 or so, I am just a bit tight in some size 8’s and just a bit loose in some size 10’s. But I really don’t enjoy the P1 days I’ve had and don’t want to do a couple of weeks of P1.
What would you all do to drop 5 lbs at this stage?

We had a big storm here through the night, rain all day today, so a good day to get some work done. Unless I find some reason to procrastinate, which I’ve been doing a lot lately, thought my usual excuse has been that’s it’s just too nice out to be working. It’s going to be a beautiful stretch of great summer weather here for the next week or so, but I heard on the news this morning about the dangerous heat in the south, I can’t even imagine 110-120 …. if that affects any of you all (lurkers too!!) please take care
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:43 AM   #168  

Blue - I was just shocked...it was HOURLY, and not much at that. I can honestly see why some people get really $h!tty coaching - and why this clinic suddenly lost their coach. I would rather have my TIME on the weekends with my friends / family than work for peanuts.
I would genuinely love to help people be successful on IP - but would rather give my time for free. For what clinics charge for the food, there is no reason coaches shouldn't be commission-based. IMVHO, it would offer a lot more incentive to the coach to do what they can to motivate people to stay on the plan and grow clientele. There is the flip-side to that though of greedy coaches maybe not helping a dieter or potentially sabotaging weight loss to have more sales...but that wasn't this clinics reasoning.
It also sounded like a rotating door of clients - only 15 minutes per established dieter and 30 minutes for new clients. Any 'extra' support (via phone or email) was on-your-own / not paid - again, another reason for these clinics to go with commission imho.

So yah, that was that

HIS - FB stalker...know you're out there I saw an updated profile picture - looking gorgeous! Know you had a ton of family stuff going on too...Really hope everything is ok

DD11's promotion ceremony went well last night *sniff* my baby *sniff* - but I didn't cry...too much going on this week to cry lol
We went to Red Robin's for dinner afterwards - they have a new salmon entry with steamed broccoli and coleslaw - it was delicious and I think pretty healthy I did have a handful of DH's unlimited sweet potato fries though

& it had been awhile since I did a workday early-morning run. Got out there around 6a and banged out a decent 5 miles.
As much as I love DH, I have to admit & come to terms with the fact that I am a solo-runner.
When he was injured, I didn't mind running with him because I knew he needed to take it easy - but now that he is 95% mended (it still gets achy on rainy days - go figure...) I am ill-at-ease running with him. I constantly feel like I am holding him back, or even worse, playing catch up.
Running, for me, isn't just physical, it is MENTAL - it is convincing myself to keep running when my legs & lungs are aching and I want to walk...it's creating personal milestones and markers to reach each day, its the personal satisfaction of just being able to do it...and it is a time for me to zen, zone, & reflect - no distractions besides music (and minding traffic).

I think I'll be sticking with the morning runs for awhile
Old 06-16-2016, 03:54 PM   #169  
Ready to Reboot!

S/C/G: 165.8/161.4/150 (Reboot 2)

Height: 5'3

Beth My clinic had a lot of turn-over. I bet it's because of the tiny bit of pay. Our clinic also had 15 minute appointments, but honestly, it was actually quite enough time...because I had this place and didn't use them for much!!!! And Red Robin is a great place for IP peeps, isn't it?

OK, just checking...I cheated a bit today. Beef jerky and an extra bar. No full out carbs though. I am dedicated to going into vacation well.

Headaches! Ugh. Phase 1 gives me horrible headaches. This is why I have to learn to maintain. Ugh. I can't do this to myself over and over again.

Wishing y'all well!
MiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:57 AM   #170  

Happy first day of summer everyone. Quiet weekend on the forum, I hope that means you've all been out having fun!
Me too, definitely summer here, and we were out and about all weekend. Must admit to french fries from the chip-wagon at the lake, well worth the splurge, and umm.. a brownie...and a butter tart... I'll have a p1-ish day today to make up for it.

Hope this is the start of a great week for you all!
Old 06-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Yeah, blueskies... just last night we were remarking on the lovely sunset at 9:45 on our way back from a concert by the river - lots of fun with this band - everything from Neil Diamond, to Justin Timberlake, to Prince. Lots of dancing although not as much as my usual as I have a gimpy ankle right now. At least I worked off my Indian buffet dinner.

Happy summer to all!!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:57 PM   #172  

Yes, Happy Summer Solstice / full moon!

FYI - bodybuilding.com has a buy 2 get 1 free on Combat Bars - and Chocolate Coconut is available!!!!

Sounds like a yummy treat Blue

It was a very busy 3 day stretch for me - DD11 had her final dance recital Saturday and 3 full days of full-costume rehearsal leading up to the performance. I could never have been a pageant or true dance mom Things went really well though - and then Sunday was Fathers Day and we went out to the mountains for the day.

For all the eating out this week, I did ok with food choices - had fish again Saturday night when we took DH out for Fathers Day (with a yeast roll of some type) but rounded the evening out with a small hot fudge sundae (with peanut butter sauce)...I would have been in heaven without the ice cream - just a cup of fudge/ peanut butter

Although the clothes are still fitting fine, I am starting to see some chunk in my face - too many weekends of eating out / treats / desserts since the 13.1 on June 4. In fairness, my willpower is still there - when we went hiking yesterday, we stopped at a local eatery - DH & DD11 got milkshakes (for lunch lol) & they had absolutely AMAZING, fresh, homemade blackberry ice cream, but I got some hummus/pretzels instead and split a protein bar with DH later.

I just know it is time to reign it back in, although not P1, I am going to cut back this week - lots of veggies, PB2 instead of regular nut butter, no eating out, & no nuts!
Old 06-20-2016, 02:31 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 253.3 / 188.8 /195

Height: 5'5"

Hi all,

I started a post last night, but I lost it before I posted...user error?

I am above my scream weight after a splurge weekend with carbs cake, frosting, white rolls, chips.... and drink. My parents 50th snniversary weekend. My plan was to get back on the wagon today, but I felt like cap on sat night and when I woke up on Sunday I decided I needed to take action. No scale insight, no p1 foods packed, but I hoped to be back home for lunch. 1.5 eggs and a single strip of bacon plus celery sticks for lunch. I was amazed that I wasn't really hungry yesterday. Trying to do p1 again today, but I am going to add in some carb for supper. I think I will do p1 for athletes till I drop below 180..that should keep me from going into ketosis.

I am hungry more today, after weighing my brocholi for supper last night, I have not been getting my veggies in during p4.

Overall I feel good that I wanted to stop the madness and did.

I think it helped to have received many positive comments during the party. Bike is still hanging on the garage wall...lots of daylight today, so time to get them off the wall and explore.

Well I am warmed up after enoying my celery sticks outside...back to work for me.

Sue
smdawheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:37 PM   #174  

Beth - amazing job with the willpower this weekend. I can certainly understand the too many things going on. How are things going at work.

Liana - I am sorry to hear about your ankle. Long days are really nice..
DH and I went to a couples evening at the golf coarse tonight. It was a good thing to have the long days as I think we were double or triple over par for most of the evening.

Blue - I was with you on the treats this weekend. I think the many days of controlling my eating over the holidays came back to haunt me...I just wanted to be normal and enjoy the food at the event. (I know - that not normal - I should have been focused on enjoying celebrating with my folks).

MiWi- the headaches is one reason I have been avoiding going back into Ketosis.

Well day 3 of correction. Definitely experienced a lot of carb bloat and fluid retention as the scale is down about 3 pounds. I feel I am doing ok on the alt P1 for now. First goal is back to under 180... I think I need to see that number for several days as the last time I saw it (when I got back from vacation -- it was only a single day). Cloths are feeling better already.

Have an early day tomorrow so I need to head to bed.

FYI the house is sold now -- so one less to do...

Sue
Old 06-22-2016, 08:19 AM   #175  
Ready to Reboot!

Sue The house is sold! Yes! Congrats!
Beth Chunk in face...I think it's something only we see on ourselves at first, but I totally know what you mean.
blue What yummy dessert did you try?
Liana I love the summer and all of the outdoor music that comes with it!

I am pretty much sucking at maintenance. OK, not totally sucking but without the absolute of Phase 1 (like last summer) I am feeling tempted over and over again. I feel gross too. I go to Orange Beach, AL this weekend...driving from Maryland with two little boys. We bought a lot of snacks for the car so we won't be tempted to do so much fast food. Once we are there, I think I can eat pretty well because we will make most of our food in my brother-in-law's condo. Wishing everyone a super rest of the week!
Old 06-22-2016, 09:26 AM   #176  

Sue - glad to hear the scale is going in the right direction (are you back to full-on P1 or are you doing a mini-reboot...?) & congrats on selling the house! I can imagine the relief!

Candi - Oh gosh how I hear you on the temptations...last summer I wouldn't have batted an eye with DH & DD11 at the ice cream shop & enjoyed my Quest bar...have a fantastic & safe trip

So, job situation:
We had the 'official' managers meeting after my post Monday to be told, with 100% certainty, that head count reduction is coming and we need to be ready to let people go by 9/30...and that my department will be eliminated either 1/1 or shortly thereafter.
Nothing new - and it sounds like the terms we could potentially be offered have gotten worse - ie, retention pay / bonus to stick around until they are ready to go to the outsourcers. Originally people were talking up to a year - that would make it worth my while...now it's down to 8 weeks. I'm not planning to stick around to find out if I can help it
I am zen though - it is what it is. I mentally started checking out when my coworker gave me the unofficial news before Memorial Day - also, I've had time to process the situation - I know I am well qualified and intelligent enough to move on.
That said, I have an in-person, follow up interview next Tuesday for one of the positions I applied for and was interested in

Unfortunately, my resolve to negate some of the damage done last week crumbled last night. Idk what was going on, but I had the worst insomnia last night & was fighting hunger all night. I had my evening snack (Oikos with 2T chia powder, hot camomile tea) but was still famished, so I brushed my teeth and went to bed. Then, I would almost drift off and suddenly be hit by an overwhelming need for food - to the point I felt like I was getting sick. I ignored it for about two hours - tried relaxing videos, reading, etc...finally got up and got into all.the.things Nuts, granola, and ended with a slice of peanut butter bread. I went back to bed and went straight to sleep

Ugh! I thought I was finally getting a handle on these binges

This morning I decided to see how much damage I had done with the midnight binge *Danger Will Robinson!* I saw a number in the tens position I definitely didn't want to see

I am sure a lot of it is waste, water, and probably TOM, especially since my size 6 jeans still fit fine yesterday - feeling a little puffy right now and trying not to let that scale # get lodged too hard in my head...be aware of it, but not dictate my entire day, kwim?

Edit - good news is it looks like the majority of what I saw on the scale was water retention - went to the gym at lunch and after my work out, was down 4.5 pounds from this morning! Even the bloating in my face is gone.

Last edited by hysteria_625; 06-22-2016 at 03:33 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 05:24 PM   #177  

Miwi...I understand missing the absolute of p1, however I disagree with you ducking at maintenance. It is learning process..I think it is our myth that other skinny aka never been fat folks don't struggle too. Each day is a battle and we need to fight to maintain.

Beth..doubt that you r binge was enough to cause you to gain even 1 #. You sound like you are looking at this more as an opening of a door versus the closing of one, could your subconscious be still struggling? Hope the f2f goes great.

I am doing a correction /mini reboot. I am 2 pounds under screen weight now, but I would feel better if I was under 180.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:08 PM   #178  
Ready to Reboot!

The nanny got into an accident with my 2-year-old in the car. He is fine. It's our vehicle and it seems pretty damaged. I'm stuck at work and stressed. I want SUGAR. Ugh. Stress is an evil thing. Anyway, I am not getting any sugar. I probably suck as a psychologist right now though. Take care all.

sueYou're right...day by day. I'm on it.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:22 PM   #179  

Candi OMG and and thank heaven your son is OK!
Sorry about the car, but insurance, big hassle I know, but replaceable.
Good for you to recognize the sugar need, and fight it. Have tea . Deep breathing. If you can, get a quick walk outside. You just have to make it to the end of the day. And then give that little boy a GIANT HUG!
Old 06-24-2016, 12:14 PM   #180  

(((Candi))) - so glad your son is ok - how frikkin scary! Sorry about the car...& hopefully the nanny wasn't at fault.

Stress sucks...

Although I feel 'om' most of the time about my work situation, I know I am starting to stress a little about the panel interview I have next Tuesday. Meeting with 6 people and then the VP of HR - didn't realize it was going to be that extensive but glad I have some time to prepare.

So I had to try on my bridesmaid dress again last night - my friend is going a little 'bridezilla' about the dresses matching length-wise *sigh* and I was unable to meet up with them tonight for the alterations.
A little on the nervous side about the fit...it was tight through the chest when I tried it on a few weeks ago, but is tighter now. Everywhere else it fits fine
It wasn't a bunch of fat pushing up either - I can see in pictures where I've thickened - hopefully b/c of muscle...idk - maybe I'm fooling myself...but most of my clothes fit better than ever...and I can tell my stomach is starting to flatten.
Regardless, I am backing off the heavy butterflies / chest presses for a couple weeks

Also I am contemplating laying off the running / lifting 7/10 - 7/15 and taking Linda's coaches advice & doing a 2/2/2...not 100% certain about that yet - going to talk it over with my trainer & get his thoughts - more on taking the entire week off than the diet part since he's not that keen on IP