Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:42 AM   #31  

Default Beck Diet Solution Daily Tip/Conversation Starter

Friday Weekend Warm-up

This weekend, work on saying NO to food pushers! Remember – it’s not their job to stop pushing food on you. They’re food pushers, that’s what they do. It is, however, your job to start saying no. Put the burden of change on yourself, not on them.

How do YOU resist the food pushers?

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-31-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:18 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

I just restarted today and am looking over the p1 sheet. Is the 2 salad a day (in addition to the 4 cups of veggie a day) still a requirement? I don't see it anywhere on the sheet.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:13 PM   #33  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire83 View Post
I just restarted today and am looking over the p1 sheet. Is the 2 salad a day (in addition to the 4 cups of veggie a day) still a requirement? I don't see it anywhere on the sheet.
Not a requirement. It's optional.
Old 08-01-2015, 02:29 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 182.5/182.5/115-125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereIStand View Post
Not a requirement. It's optional.
Thanks so much!
Old 08-03-2015, 07:45 AM   #35  

Happy Monday!

How did the weekend go?

We were super- busy cleaning out our garage preparing for a big sale at the end of the month. Our garage has stored way too much stuff for way too long. We're simplifying but need to get over this hurdle first. I was so busy, I didn't have time to focus on food. It's easy to stay p1 when you're busy. One of my biggest eating triggers is boredom.

Today I need to pack my old office in preparation for moving to my new job. Teachers have a LOT of stuff. I worked for several hours Friday and I'm going back to finish-up today. I'm not sure how long it'll take So my breakfast smoothie and a bar for lunch are going along. I'll make a cucumber slushie when I get home ( cucumber, cucumber water, fruit punch flavor stevia drops, ice. Whir in Vitamix)

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-03-2015 at 07:45 AM.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:43 AM   #36  
Alt. IP since 6/8/15

Height: 5' 10"

Yes, staying busy definitely helps. I noodle around with art so I usually have some project that will keep my hands busy for a few hours every afternoon or evening. And I walk 30 - 45 minutes in the evening to help ignore any hunger cravings I might have.

No real food temptations this weekend. There was a potluck lunch after church with a lot of pasta dishes and some Oreo brownies that I was able to ignore while I ate my salad with tuna and cucumbers, while wearing my new size 14 dress.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:46 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Pretty good weekend for me. A few temptations, but pretty easy to resist.

Moving to a new home this week, plus travelling, so it should be a bit more challenging. But as Lisa said, P1 is probably the easiest. Just have to plan and bring my veggies with me.

Have a great week everyone!
Old 08-03-2015, 11:52 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 214/195/165

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I am new around here and have been trying out a couple threads. It looks like there are a lot of different names for similar diets. I am on a "VLCD" with high protein; essentially a medically monitored fasting diet of 500-800 calories. The program and company I am using is not called Optifast, but that seems to be pretty similar to my program from what I have read. I am one week in and 10lbs down...looking forward to continuing to lose weight although realistic about not at the current rate!
Old 08-03-2015, 09:06 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
That cheesecake looks good! Thanks for the tip.
Did you say "cheesecake"? Please let us know how it tastes!
Old 08-03-2015, 11:43 PM   #40  

Well here goes... just dipping my toes in the water. I haven't been to the IP location yet (it's about 45 min away). This week I am mentally preparing myself to commit to the program. I just saw a friend that I had not seen in 6 months. She is down almost 60 lbs and shared IP info with me. I know I have to start somewhere and from what I've read this could be a good fit for me. This group seems to be a great source of info and support.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:16 AM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb1381 View Post
Well here goes... just dipping my toes in the water. I haven't been to the IP location yet (it's about 45 min away). This week I am mentally preparing myself to commit to the program. I just saw a friend that I had not seen in 6 months. She is down almost 60 lbs and shared IP info with me. I know I have to start somewhere and from what I've read this could be a good fit for me. This group seems to be a great source of info and support.
Welcome Deb! IP works! It takes a certain mindset to stick with it over the long haul (and then into maintenance). Those who stick with it get great results! I mentally prepared myself for about 6 weeks before jumping in & dropped 95 lbs in about 10 months.

There are tons of info links in the first post of this thread to help you on your journey. Be sure to post often. You'll be amazed how helpful it is.
Old 08-04-2015, 08:41 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

star - what is you avatar picture? It doesn't look very IP compliant

Hi Deb! This is a fantastic group! <3 my iPeeps! Everyone is very supportive and there is a wide variety of folks - newbie to years of maintenance, so there is a wealth of information to draw from!
My experience is very similar to yours - ran into a co worker I hadn't seen in a couple months who had dropped a very noticeable amount of weight and told me about 3FC / Ideal Protein. I did some research, made an appointment with a local clinic (although I ended up going alt-products b/c of a soy allergy) and have lost 65 pounds since 1/31
Old 08-04-2015, 10:32 AM   #43  

Hey all - got busy last week at work. About the only time I have to post on here since I have a 2 year old at home. I go to bed when she does normally. I'm super excited that my 6 year old daughter is headed home today. She spent the month of July at Grandma's. She had a good time, but for the last week she has really been missing home. It's a 2 day drive so they will be home tomorrow.

IP is going good, moving closer to the next 'decade' and will be so psyched when I get there. Been a long time since I've been under 160. I'm happy to be doing my thing every day. Passed up ice cream/pizza that my family was wanting and felt fine. My hubby makes protein every night so I am just in charge of the veggies. Tried the Vegetti noodles and roasted okra and all sorts of new stuff.

2 months to my birthday, turning 33. Will be happy to know I will be weighing closer to my early 20's weight than ever.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:32 AM   #44  

Height: 5'4

Welcome Deb! You will love it here. Everyone is friendly, inspirational and helpful.
This community has really kept me on track whether it's late at night and I need a mental pick me up or a I have a trip to plan for and I reference everyone else's travel routines.

Desirae - I just turned 33 last month. I too love watching the scale move towards the weight I held through most of my 20s. So satisfying! Congrats!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:41 AM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Welcome Deb! IP works! It takes a certain mindset to stick with it over the long haul (and then into maintenance). Those who stick with it get great results! I mentally prepared myself for about 6 weeks before jumping in & dropped 95 lbs in about 10 months.

There are tons of info links in the first post of this thread to help you on your journey. Be sure to post often. You'll be amazed how helpful it is.
I agree, I think it's good to take the time to really be ready. I waited two weeks per my coach's suggestion - I had a few treats and bigger meals as a kind of "last supper" and really got my mindset and my house and kitchen, and friends and family, ready for a long haul - I stayed on Phase 1 in IP for year to reach my goal and it was so worth it.

Last edited by Grateful4Health; 08-04-2015 at 11:42 AM.
Closed Thread