Old 01-22-2016, 07:01 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 265.6/154/150

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post
CenTxChk: I found a smokin' deal tonite... Cancun from kitty-corner across the continent for $557 CAD ($412 USD). So we arrive on the 19th. Msg me here if you want to meet in person (if you are still there at that time) - a low carb drink or something, lol. Here's to our bikini commitment!!!!
Liana
Darn it! We are just going to miss each other. Leaving on the 17th. Super quick trip. That would have been so fun to meet up!
CenTXChk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 10:28 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday Maintainers!

Wouldn't it be fun if Maintainers could have like a giant beach meetup?
catlady1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:32 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Bummer, CenTxChk!! Andrea, that would be awesome!
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 11:55 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Andrea - love your new pic and the 2 step class sounds fun and good exercise. How is your knee holding up?

Liana - that is an amazing price for Cancun. A like the idea of a maintainers beach meet up.

What do people have my fitness pal settings at in terms of protein, fat, carbs? I need to reset mine and Need some advice

I'm struggling with my reboot as well. Did well for the first 5 and then engaged in a little self sabatage. Back on track today. Motivated to get it off before our trip to Disney and trying to think about it as a journey and not a race. 6 lbs to go!

Last edited by Jenny38; 01-24-2016 at 02:04 PM.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 12:34 PM   #335  

Happy Monday Maintainers.

I have my head straight for my reboot. I decided to do a full on P1 reboot as I am up 12 now from my happy place. It happens so quick! Yikes.

Jenny: Thanks for the pic love. My knee is a bit sore after I go dancing but after a few days it gets back to my normal. The fun outweighs the pain right now.

I haven't used MFP for over 2 months and now MFP has changed all my stuff!!! I was at 1700 calories for Maint. and now it shows 1200. My macros are all screwed up. They are showing 50/30/20 and I know I would never have set it for 50% carbs. I don't remember what they were. It might have been 40% protein/20 carb/20 fat? I think I will have to scroll back through my posts in Maint. to see what I was using. Ugh!!!

Went into MFP last night on my desktop because it's easier to go backwards and looked at my % for macros.
Carb 35%/Fat 40%/Protein 25% with 1700 as calories.

Also down 1.5 lbs. today. Yay!

Last edited by catlady1981; 01-26-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:47 PM   #336  

Default Jenny38 - Disney World on a Budget

Hi Jenny: Here's a site I just got on my email inbox (I subscribe to lots of travel stuff, lol). Maybe it's helpful if it's not too late: http://www.travelzoo.com/blog/fit-di...entationMode=1
With the dollar being what it is right now... could be useful.

Liana
Old 01-26-2016, 10:00 PM   #337  

Hi Maintainers!

Finally into the swing of things with my reboot. Had hand surgery last week that caused me to retain over 4lbs of fluids. I about had a heart attack when I got on the scale last Saturday. Finally yesterday and today I've seen movement in the right direction. I am at 155 today with a goal of 150. At the beginning of the month my goal was to try and get to 145 but after being on P1 for over 3 weeks I am kind of ready to head back into maintenance soon. Maybe another week or so.

You know, one of the primary reasons I want to be done with P1 is I am really missing my old work out regime. Who would have ever thought I'd turn into such a gym rat? My trainer is out of town for the next week so I'm going to see how hardcore P1 I can be before he gets back. I also miss spin and Bodypump classes with my friends.

I will say that P1 has helped me clean up my diet. Too many little cheats were starting to happen too often. Maybe it was because of the holidays but it was a constant battle. Girl Scout cookies have been all over work for the last week and they've hardly phased me. Gotta love ketosis!

Maybe I should stay in P1 until the end of Girl Scout cookie season....

Last edited by CenTXChk; 01-26-2016 at 10:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2016, 03:32 PM   #338  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTXChk View Post
Hi Maintainers!
Finally into the swing of things with my reboot...I will say that P1 has helped me clean up my diet. Too many little cheats were starting to happen too often. Maybe it was because of the holidays but it was a constant battle. Girl Scout cookies have been all over work for the last week and they've hardly phased me. Gotta love ketosis! Maybe I should stay in P1 until the end of Girl Scout cookie season....
Hi All! I'm in a little reboot for a month or two, but still consider myself a "maintainer" at heart.

Girl Scout cookies? You can't believe what it is to live in Louisiana during Mardi Gras season! I finished the Holidays and got onto P1. Been here a week and a half and I'm well into ketosis and have already lost 7 pounds. And now...every single day I have multiple emails in my work email about the "King Cakes in the Workroom." Every day people bring to us at least 2 giant King Cakes from specialty bakeries. I'm in ketosis (and happy) and not going to touch them, but I'm certainly out of the loop at work! This is craziness.

Regards to everyone! Have a great time in Cancun!

Last edited by joysh; 01-27-2016 at 03:33 PM.
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 04:44 PM   #339  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi everybody!!!!!

I read a page back so I could catch up with everyone. Sounds like we are all working maintenance the way we HAVE to. I do wish for my pre-30's metabolism again, but of course know it will never happen - SAD FACE.

Great to see you post here again Joysh! Good for you for getting back into Ketosis and walking the straight and narrow while in the middle of all kinds of delicious treats!

Jenny....when I just looked at my own MFP it is set for 1520 calories with 50% carbs, 20% protein, and 30% fat. Wow....I didn't realize my carbs were set that high etiher...eek! I think I will reset them for 40% carbs, and 30% protein and 30% fat and see how I feel.

My maintenance calories is 1700, but I am bumped down because I want to gradually lose a few pounds. I am finding that I am VERY IMPATIENT losing weight this way. Now that I have readjusted my protein and carb goals, hopefully this will keep me going. I am down to 133 from 135-137 at the beginning of the new year, so I am steadily getting it done. Not the quick P1 way, but I also did just eat 4 Hershey kisses as a part of my plan so that's a bonus, lol!

I am walking with a friend a few days a week right now. Not the most intense form of fitness, but it gets me moving and gets me filling up myself emotionally in a good way.

Hope that everyone is doing well! Boy, I will live vicariously with anyone who is getting to go to Cancun!!! I went there many years ago with my hubby and would like to go back for our 20th anniversary next year.

Take care!!!!!!
evemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 09:25 PM   #340  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi All! I'm in a little reboot for a month or two, but still consider myself a "maintainer" at heart.

Girl Scout cookies? You can't believe what it is to live in Louisiana during Mardi Gras season! I finished the Holidays and got onto P1. Been here a week and a half and I'm well into ketosis and have already lost 7 pounds. And now...every single day I have multiple emails in my work email about the "King Cakes in the Workroom." Every day people bring to us at least 2 giant King Cakes from specialty bakeries. I'm in ketosis (and happy) and not going to touch them, but I'm certainly out of the loop at work! This is craziness.

Regards to everyone! Have a great time in Cancun!
Joysh- I can't imagine what Mardi Gras in LA must be like while in P1. Be strong girl! I work for a restaurant company so I am kind of used to constantly having food around at work. GS cookies seem harder though...maybe because I was in P1 last year and will miss them again this year. But, I guess I "lived it up" 100 lbs overweight for the last 20 years. Maybe my GS cookie days should be over.
Old 01-28-2016, 03:38 AM   #341  

Hmmm, GS cookies don't tempt me. A tempting cookie for me would be peanut butter, or White Chocolate Mac Nut, warm from the oven. But you can't usually get those gluten free so I guess I haven't had a cookie in at least 8 or 9 years. carb free for you CenTxChk
I love NOLA (and other parts of the state as well...) but never during Mardi Gras. If I were a local, I think I would "get outta Dodge!"
Hiya Evemomma, glad it's going well for you!
Liana
Old 01-28-2016, 11:11 AM   #342  
Evemomma

Hooray!!!!! I got back down to the 132's today! I haven't seen that since December (but that was after a WICKED bout of stomach flu that had me under 130 for awhile). So, even though I'm doing this SLOWLY, I have to remind myself it is working. I think the hardest part about losing weight this way is that there is no way to justify having an over-calorie day because I'm only cutting about 150-200 calories a day from my maintenance level. I get to have some fun indulgences every day - so NOPE can't add extra.

Yesterday, I worked until 9:30pm and came home to a fridge with leftover Pizza Hut Pizza and chocolate dessert and I DIDN'T EAT IT!!!! What a reward to see that lower number on the scale today.

As for Girl Scout cookies, my hubby bought me a box of thin mint cookies a few weeks ago. That is my perennial favorite. Maybe they've changed the formulation, but I find them somewhat dry. The good news is that they are actually a pretty reasonable treat (when you're not on P1). 4 cookies are 160 calories....so that's just 40 calories a cookie. Even after sharing with my family, we still have a halfl-box left. Now the brownies I made for my hubby's returning from a business trip this weekend (that had icing and sprinkles on them)....those are GONE GONE GONE (and not from me...well a LITTLE bit from me).
Old 01-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #343  

S/C/G: 167.5/163.1/120

Height: 5' 4"

Congrads on 132!! I applaud your will power!

I've been reading "Refuse to Regain" - even though I haven't started on IP yet. (First intro workshop tonight) I think that getting my household moving in that direction incrementally will help when I go on maintenance.

My long term hope is that my DH will see my success and want to change his lifestyle to lose weight and get more healthy. I know that I can't nag him into changing, he has to want to do it for himself.
ladyejan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:22 PM   #344  

Happy Thursday Maintainers!!

It's good to see some familiar faces here. I'm plugging along on Day 4 of the strict P1 reboot. I will have to look at my previous reboot from last year but I seem to remember about 1.5-2 lb loss per week. I know that everybody is different but do the rest of you see losses like this? I want this 10 lbs gone already. I miss my breakfast sammies!!!
Old 01-29-2016, 08:15 AM   #345  
Evemomma

Liana...thanks for the encouragement! We are so blessed to have you on the maintainers board!

Ladyejan...good luck on your weightloss!!!

Andrea....good luck on P1! I have never done a P1 reboot - not because of no weight gain but because I feel like P1 messed up my hormones, and I really don't want to manage that again. So my "reboots" definitely go slower. Grrrrrrr.