Old 06-08-2015, 10:25 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickinsp View Post
Ladies I have a question. How much your ring size changed? So far my ring went from size 6,5 to 5. I have resized my wedding band but I wonder if I should resize the e-ring as I am not sure if my finger will still shink. I lost 28lb so far and I still have at least 40lb to go. The ladies that lost a lot of weight, when did your finger stop to shrink?
Down 50#'s (35 to go...) and my ring finger has already shrunk & my engagement / wedding band spin like a top...debating on doing a string wrap like I did in 2004
I am not ready to resize - plus when it swells (heat, sodium), they can still get a little tight.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:55 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 236/199/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi All, Moved here from the May 2015 thread. I had my 4th WI last night and was down 6. I was shocked, since the last couple I haven't had a larger WI since the first one. I am down 16 total now which is exciting. In the past that would have taken 2-3 months, not 1 !!!!
acidlollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 11:04 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

WTG acidlollipop! Feels good, doesn't it!!

I just had my W6 WI, down 2.4
Last week, I was out of town for a few days, and was sure I wouldn't be down, just hoping for no gain,
so a happy dance for me too!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

NSV victory for me today, fit into my size 6 dress pants for work. What an awesome feeling!!
Can't wait to see my body shrink some more.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 05:20 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 126(PM)/116(PM)/100(AM)

Height: 4'11

Talking totally new!

Hello fellow IP dieters! Not only am I new to the Ideal Protein Diet, but I am new to this community! I am so glad that I found this. be warned, this is a long post. and if don't want to read most of it, please atleast kindly scroll down to my 3 questions I have and help me out

A little about me: I am 28 years old, only 4 feet and 11 inches tall, and I have been dieting since I was in highschool. I have always loved the foods that were bad for me and I hate exercising, so naturally, my weight has always been a struggle for me. My diet struggles include:

-Jenny Craig. the first diet I tried, worked great, but I of course got sick of the pre-packaged meals and small portions. I'd do jenny craig during my summers off from school, lost about 15 lbs, then would gain it back plus more during the school year, especially college.
-Regular diet and cardio. I did this for about 6 months after I graduated from college and lost 40-50 lbs. It taught me about portion control, calorie counting, exercising, and overall health.
-I was able to maintain my weight loss, got to down to about 110 lbs, then for some magical reason, I was losing weight "without trying" and got down to 102 lbs during the next year or two.
-After I started dating one of my ex boyfriends, AND taking birth control (believe me ladies, you can retain A LOT of water from birth control), I went back up to 110 lbs. Which to me, at that point, was too much because I became so used to my small body at 102 lbs.
-I tried to go back to the regular diet and cardio, but I got way too impatient and kept cheating over and over again. A friend then got me on the HCG diet for one round, which took me back down to 102 lbs. I became mentally unhealthy about my weight and so 102 lbs wasn't good enough for me, so I tried another round of HCG after a week or two taking a break and got down to my absolute lowest of 98 lbs. Ive never felt so confident about my body before.
-but mind you, I was eating 500 calories or less EVERY DAY for 21-25 days. and i did this TWICE! although the fast weight loss was addicting, I believe that the HCG completely ruined my metabolism. imagine how doing this can totally mess with your body? But at that point, the weight loss was so easy and addicting that I didn't care. being skinny was everything to me, even though I was so unhealthy.

now here I am. I am up to 125 lbs. I have gained the 25+ lbs in the last 9-10 months. not only did I get into a relationship with a man who I am absolutely comfortable and in love with and who loves my body no matter what size (aka we loved pigging out together, etc), but I also lost control of my eating and had way too many cheat days. but also, I believe that because of the fast and unhealthy weight loss from my HCG diet, it was easier for my body to gain back all those lbs in the most unflattering and unhealthy way (aka it's all fat, no muscle!). I have tried different diets for the last 9-10 months, regular diet and exercise, no carbs, HCG again (horrible, I know), and even though I'd lose a couple of lbs here and there, I'd only go back to my unhealthy ways and gain back even more.

I am really hoping that that the Ideal Protein diet will work for me. I know it's going to be a long and tough process, and I am absolutely willing to go through it. i am absolutely miserable at this weight. I hate buying clothes, i hate going out, i hate mirrors and pictures, all that jazz. people look at me and think it is a joke that i want to lose weight, but we all know that no matter what other people say, we have to face ourselves every day and we are our own biggest critiques. ideally, I'd like to be at 100-105 lbs, but I know it's going to be very very tough.

I started this diet about 3 days ago, and even though it's been going well so far, I have a few worries/questions. if you guys could help me out, I'd be so grateful!

1. how do you guys make your soups more appetizing/satisfying/filling? I haven't tried all the soups yet, but the ones I have tried (chicken soup, chicken noodle soup, tomato soup) haven't been all that great.
2. how do you guys make the most of your meals that you can make/customize on your own? especially when you don't have a lot of time to cook/prepare? the 8 oz of protein+2 cups vegetables. naturally I think of a grilled chicken breast with some steamed asparagus on the side, topped with olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, tabasco, salt. but I know that this will bore me eventually. i'll have to look more into the recipe threads, I guess.
3. so I am planning on NOT cheating AT ALL (keep your fingers crossed for me, please) for the rest of the month of June and all of July. August, however, has a lot of things going on almost every weekend. I'm planning on telling my coach about it so that maybe I could take a "break" during the month of August? This doesn't mean that i'll be eating unhealthy every day, but for the weekends that do have something going on, I'd like to not have to think about my diet. and I was thinking of not purchasing any of the ideal protein foods at all during August because I feel like it'll be a waste of money for a month of food when I'm not even losing weight that month. does that make sense? how do you guys think I should go about it?

anyways, so sorry about this long post!!! for those of you who actually took the time to read it, please do respond! I thank you guys so much!!! I can't wait to continue in this forum with a bunch of supporting people!
littlelulu1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:41 PM   #96  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Welcome to 3FC!!!
I have been down much the same path but never got my weight down until Ideal Protein.

Quote:
1. how do you guys make your soups more appetizing/satisfying/filling? I haven't tried all the soups yet, but the ones I have tried (chicken soup, chicken noodle soup, tomato soup) haven't been all that great.
I always add some veggies to the IP soups -- I like leek the best, but the chicken (without noodles) and the mushroom are ok too. I cut up yellow summer squash, zucchini, real mushrooms, and/or cauliflower - usually pre-cook them in some reduced sodium chicken broth. Some people do the veggies as purees -- check the first post on this thread or the Sticky threads and you will find a link called something like Fun with Veggie Purees.

Quote:
2. how do you guys make the most of your meals that you can make/customize on your own? especially when you don't have a lot of time to cook/prepare? the 8 oz of protein+2 cups vegetables. naturally I think of a grilled chicken breast with some steamed asparagus on the side, topped with olive oil, garlic powder, pepper, tabasco, salt. but I know that this will bore me eventually. i'll have to look more into the recipe threads, I guess.
I buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery that makes having chicken super easy throughout the week.
I also use the crockpot or slowcooker especiallyt on Sunday in prep for the week -- I get a pork tenderloin, season (salt, pepper, garlic powder) and sear it quickly in the skillet. Then I put it into the crockpot over about 4 cups of chopped rutabaga or turnip -- I hated both these veggies before IP, btw - I add 1 Cup of Walden Farms 0 cal/sugar/fat Pancake Syrup and half a cup of reduced sodium chicken broth. Cook on Low for 5 hours -- melt in your mouth pork with the closest thing to sweet potato that you will have while on IP. This is good for several meals. There is a thread with IP friendly Crockpot recipes.
And just the rutabaga or turnip cooked on the stove in the syrup/broth mixture makes for a good veggie side dish.
I have steak at least once a week Usually at home, but it's the easiest on program menu item to have out in a restaurant.
I have eggs for dinner with sauteed asparagus or scallions and thinly sliced zuke, with maybe roasted cauliflower on the side.
Check the thread "What are you eating today, IPeeps?" for more menu ideas.

Quote:
3. so I am planning on NOT cheating AT ALL (keep your fingers crossed for me, please) for the rest of the month of June and all of July. August, however, has a lot of things going on almost every weekend. I'm planning on telling my coach about it so that maybe I could take a "break" during the month of August? This doesn't mean that i'll be eating unhealthy every day, but for the weekends that do have something going on, I'd like to not have to think about my diet. and I was thinking of not purchasing any of the ideal protein foods at all during August because I feel like it'll be a waste of money for a month of food when I'm not even losing weight that month. does that make sense? how do you guys think I should go about it?
I understand, but I have to say, your plan for August sucks. It is not a good idea to just cave in and go off program -- better to plan ahead and find ways to stay on program and enjoy your social activities. Especially when by then you are likely to be 20+ lbs down from where you are now -- so close to your likely goal.... as you read through 3FC IP threads you will find lots of ways folks plan for travel and vacations and come back having lost nicely. All of this is good practice for when you reach maintenance. You are not going to want to diet again to re-lose what you will re-gain if you don't have new habits that reflect adoption of a new lifestyle.

Read through the Winter/Spring 2015 thread - those folks began 1 to 5 months ago and they have experienced all sorts of temptations - you will find what they planned and see how it worked for them. You will get plenty of good ideas, and once you get into ketosis and are melting away you will not want to screw that up.

Best of luck to you - you CAN do this!
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 07:54 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

littlelulu: Question #1 - sorry not much help there except to say I liked the broccoli cheddar soup especially with added cooked broccoli florets chopped into it.

Question #2 - my favorite meal is either pork tenderloin cut into strips or shrimp in a stirfry of broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and green onion. Add ginger powder, a bit of cinnamon or Chinese 5 spice powder, and soy sauce. Or instead, same ingredients but toss with curry powder. Baked salmon on a bed of fennel is good too (a classic combo).

Question #3 - What oneuh2 said! Do not plan to cheat - or you will be doing this diet all over again. Coping skills are necessary for maintenance (we are talking the rest of your life) - yes, your food choices change and expand in maintenance, BUT one still needs to learn to steer away from food as entertainment, or soothing 'medication.' Many have been helped by "Refuse to Regain" and the Beck Diet book (not a diet plan, but a way of coping with life that doesn't rely on your food).
And lastly welcome!! We are here for you!

Liana

Last edited by canadjineh; 06-09-2015 at 07:55 PM.
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #98  

Hi lulu

This is a really good read:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-protein.html

There is a lot of science behind how & why IP works and eating / drinking off plan will bounce you out of ketosis. Also, the thought of going through the 'keto' flu multiple times keeps me on the straight and narrow.

Also keep in mind, to truly safely phase out of P1 takes about 3 - 4 weeks (2 weeks P2, 2 weeks P3 I believe). I believe MiWi recently phased out successfully for a vacation.

I've personally been a 5 day vacation, 3 days of camping, and multiple concerts with very minimal off-protocol eating. My 'cheating' consisted of extra protein and vegetables. I avoided the booze and junk and was stocked up with IP-compliant alternatives (puddings, Quest bars, RTD's) so I didn't feel deprived.

It IS possible
Old 06-10-2015, 05:21 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Hi All! So many great things to catch up on here- such progress, and support to and for everyone! The successes are so inspiring, I just love reading them. Switched my weigh ins from Saturday mornings to Tuesday evenings starting with this week. I kinda of thought that I would have a good number (any number down should be considered a good number- but I think you all know what I mean) because there were 3 days additional days-Anyhow, I drank all of my water, and then some 13+ cups...anyways-I only lost 1 pound, and a half inch off my thighs-those this put me at 40 lbs lost!! It's the least amount (to this point) that I have lost. Now, in the past, I would have been very disappointed-and maybe even with this diet under normal progression. HOWEVER-you kow, I focused on the NSV this week of getting in to Levi's that are a size 14 that haven't been on in about 8 years-8 years!!! So, focusing on that, and how incredible it felt-so much so that I even told all the guys at work-(I manage a landscaping company office) I mean- what a way to start the week-these were pants that I couldn't get above my knees basically when I started-I probably will start trying to get in to the 12's around the end of the month. I know they won't fit- BUT i know that if I stick with this program, the same thing that happened with the 14's will happen with my 12's. (The beauty of hoarding all of my clothes is that I don't have to go shopping to feel as though I have a whole new wardrobe- and the 12's...I haven't worn them for over 10 years!!! but, as my former mother in law always says YES I CAN!! and yes, I WILL!!
So, I guess what I am saying is I am so incredibly happy to have found this diet - and more importantly, this group of friends who support one another, applaud one another and help pick up one another- for with out you all, I would be missing a piece piece of what is helping me to be successful!!
Thanks for letting me ramble and share. Happy Wednesday one and all!!!

Last edited by Destony; 06-10-2015 at 05:22 AM.
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Destony - just what I needed to hear. Your enthusiasm for sticking to this to the end is wonderful.
momat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #101  

Me too Destory! This is an awesome support group look at you go!
I am such a clothes hoarder too! Today, I wore a back/white polka dot dress that was bought 20 years ago this month! I got a boatload of compliments too and I had to laugh thinking about the age of the dress. I went through a nasty bought of depression a few years ago and donated quite a bit of my smaller clothes, thinking I would never get into them again so once I get below a 14, off to the thrift shop I go

I am just beyond tickled! I finally found rhubarb today!! Got home, made rhubarb compote and a protein pancake- oh it was so good

Walked 4 miles today too - 2 days in a row and will be able to get out tomorrow- Friday is the one maybe day since hubby and I are going to see Weird Al
Old 06-11-2015, 01:26 AM   #102  

Destiny you rock
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:26 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Quote:
I am such a clothes hoarder too! Today, I wore a back/white polka dot dress that was bought 20 years ago this month! I got a boatload of compliments too and I had to laugh thinking about the age of the dress. I went through a nasty bought of depression a few years ago and donated quite a bit of my smaller clothes, thinking I would never get into them again so once I get below a 14, off to the thrift shop I go
I am just beyond tickled! I finally found rhubarb today!! Got home, made rhubarb compote and a protein pancake- oh it was so good
Walked 4 miles today too - 2 days in a row and will be able to get out tomorrow- Friday is the one maybe day since hubby and I are going to see Weird Al
Isn't it fun?? I can't believe how long I have held on to some things!! That's cool about the polka dot dress! Maybe you need to get a pic and make it your profile on here! I'm having a ball- and yes, the thrift shops can be so much fun too-I think I am going to have to spend a fortune at the dry cleaners to get some of my dress clothes cleaned- WOW!!

Mom I am a firm believer in the old adage "We get what we need, just when we need it" happens to me all the time!! ☺ It's a great plan, stick with it, you won't be sorry, of this- I am certain!!(and I know that everyone else agrees!!)

Thank you Amber=You and Beth, Liana, and Frawnie are a huge part of the support here-your knowledge and experience, they're so important to this forum.

My b/f's (might as well be my DH we've been together for so long and live as such) mother has rhubarb in her garden, so I think I am going to ask for some and try it out. Yesterday, after spending close to the national debt at my clinic to "restock" the day before, I tried the Walden Farms Apple Butter on pancakes, I found that to help with the fruit craving. Would it be wrong to put it on a spoon and eat it plain?? Lol- that's what I used to do with Nutella....mmmm...Nutella....The ONE thing I actually had to get out of the house because I couldn't trust myself with it around...lol

Happy Thursday one and all!! Much success to you all in your journey!!!
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:19 AM   #104  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Destony: WTG!!! What a victory just to cross over to "regular" sizes. I can't wait to say goodbye to "plus" sizes. I plan on throwing out my large clothes as I lose. Does everyone do that?
Don't say nutella, lol, that is also something I cannot have in the house.
livinlrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 08:40 AM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destony View Post
Isn't it fun?? I can't believe how long I have held on to some things!! That's cool about the polka dot dress! Maybe you need to get a pic and make it your profile on here! I'm having a ball- and yes, the thrift shops can be so much fun too-I think I am going to have to spend a fortune at the dry cleaners to get some of my dress clothes cleaned- WOW!!

Mom I am a firm believer in the old adage "We get what we need, just when we need it" happens to me all the time!! ☺ It's a great plan, stick with it, you won't be sorry, of this- I am certain!!(and I know that everyone else agrees!!)

Thank you Amber=You and Beth, Liana, and Frawnie are a huge part of the support here-your knowledge and experience, they're so important to this forum.

My b/f's (might as well be my DH we've been together for so long and live as such) mother has rhubarb in her garden, so I think I am going to ask for some and try it out. Yesterday, after spending close to the national debt at my clinic to "restock" the day before, I tried the Walden Farms Apple Butter on pancakes, I found that to help with the fruit craving. Would it be wrong to put it on a spoon and eat it plain?? Lol- that's what I used to do with Nutella....mmmm...Nutella....The ONE thing I actually had to get out of the house because I couldn't trust myself with it around...lol

Happy Thursday one and all!! Much success to you all in your journey!!!
I thought about it...I am not the most tech savvy person, but would love to photoshop a picture from my sister's wedding 20 years ago (when the dress was bought) and put it side-by-side with a recent one I really love that dress & what goes around, comes around, right?

Did not know WF had a Apple Butter - sounds delicious! DD10 LOVES Nutella - she will eat Nutella on 2 slices of bread anytime.

For anyone craving fruit, yes, I highly recommend finding rhubarb. I know it gets really difficult when you get south of the Mason-Dixon. I was reading folks in Ohio now are having a difficult time finding frozen rhubarb (and MI is one of the primary growing states!). One of my dad's favorite desserts was strawberry-rhubarb pie. As a kid, I thought it was too tart - amazing how tastes change.

For anyone with the inclination / $ I found this - http://www.rhubarbnation.com/orderrhubarb.html
$35 for 5 pounds

I am going back to Global Foods tonight and buying the rest of the bin / chopping / freezing (still $3.99 a #)! Yes, I will probably get sick of it at some point, but figure frozen, it will last a while

Yes, Happy Thursday!
Concert tomorrow, outside (Wolf Trap for those familiar), in 95+ degree heat... have 4 water bottles freezing and a cooler stocked with even more. Protocol compliant foods are ready too Should be fun - my first concert (at age 10) was The Monkees / Weird Al in 1987 - almost 30 years ago!