Old 05-28-2015, 04:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 167.2/164.8/140-145

Height: 5'5

Default 2015 Winter/Spring Starters - Slimming into the Summer

Hey all! New to the board, and starting IP this weekend! I did it in the past and was successful.

Anyone want to join me in the process and encourage each other, plus share recipes and weight loss tips?
katyindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:08 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

come on over to the May start up thread, we need the company over there lol
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #3  

Sunflower -- I may have to join both. Technically I am starting the very last day of May....

Looks like you are doing well on your weight loss journey. You seem to be like me -- not too much to lose. I am worried that having not as much to lose means it will take awhile!
Old 05-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

If I get to 125 I'll be thrilled. I was at 135 last August on IP for my wedding and was very happy with that, but gained it back after two Vacations/honeymoon/xmas...excuses excuses lol.

If you did it in the past you know that the first few weeks are hard but once you get past week 3 and get into the groove of things you won't want to cheat. Lots and lots of planning. I plan my dinners in advance. Lunch and breakfast is easy. I add kale to my protein shake in the a.m., lots of it, to get my greens in. You don't even taste the kale.

I am guesstimating that it will take me another 4 months to get to 130 (1 lb a week), if I lose more then that will be great.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #5  

Sunflower -- I got down to 140-145 for my wedding 2 years ago too using IP/other similar products. I think I went in to weigh every few weeks as there was no center in my town. Had to go when visiting family.

Yes those first few weeks are the hardest but then you do get in a groove. So just have to make it 21ish days haha.

Adding Kale to protein shake is a great idea. I used to add it to smoothies, so why not IP shakes as well?
Old 05-31-2015, 02:34 PM   #6  

Default Starting Thursday, June 4

Hi All,
I haven't officially started the program yet. I have my initial consultation on Wednesday and am ready to get started. It's been quite a struggle to lose weight since I hit my 50s. I would diet and exercise quite vigorously and the scale barely moved. I am eager to learn how and when to eat the right combinations of food. I have spent time researching programs and I feel this is the one for me. It was such a pleasant surprise to find out there is a center in my town. I am looking forward to learning from everyone and sharing my journey. Thanks!
Esnonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 05:43 PM   #7  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyindc View Post
Hey all! New to the board, and starting IP this weekend! I did it in the past and was successful.

Anyone want to join me in the process and encourage each other, plus share recipes and weight loss tips?
Welcome back to IP, katyindc! This forum is a very effective tool in your IP journey!

I really recommend that you check in at the IP Community Weekday and the Weekend threads -- They are the best of all places to post any questions about working the protocol, and Lisa's opening posts on those threads (same opening post in every one of them) have well organized links to recipes, tips, and pertinent articles that will also contribute to your success.

I am guessing your screen name implies Washington DC -- I am in Northern VA and there are quite a few DC area IPeeps on 3FC IP. I really would love to schedule a get together - a Sunday afternoon walk, or meeting up in a restaurant for an IP compliant lunch.... no takers so far, but maybe we'll have some interest for summer.

You've done it before - you know that IP works and you can do this!

oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:37 PM   #8  

Hi everyone,
I am restarting IP, after successfully losing a few years ago. I didn't deal with my issues of emotional eating, though, and have put on weight. I had discovered this website when I was phasing off (reading the Phase 3 breakfast ideas was a great help!), and so I thought I should join in the group with my restart. Tomorrow is June 1st!
mkfrances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

Default 2015 Winter/Spring Starters - Slimming into the Summer

January / February / March / April / May / June 2015 starters

It appears there was some interest for this thread to get going - I am excited to share this journey with others who started around the same time (1/31 for me) in a thread where we can share our collective ideas and experiences

Everyone is welcome, of course

Last edited by hysteria_625; 06-01-2015 at 06:45 PM.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 234 / 146.2 / 138

Height: 5'6 / 38 / office slug

What a weekend - started great, ended 'eh', and with a lot of hurt feelings

Dysfunctional families suck

Ate 75% IP compliant - too much meat yesterday (16oz vs 8oz) and about 1,300 calories, but another pat on the back for avoiding the booze, cake (graduation), and s'mores.
hysteria_625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 09:05 PM   #11  

Boo for sucky weekends Beth but congrats on staying on track.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 10:26 PM   #12  
Ready to reboot

S/C/G: Reboot with 140 as my goal

I too started (reboot) 1/31 (if I remember right!!) I'm currently in a holding pattern swirling about in the 162-165lb waters for the month of May. The only good news out of this is that my muscle mass has continued to go up, fat mass down and losing 1/4" here and there etc. every WI. I wish my front waist was starting to sculpt as nice as my back waist is. So one of these days hopefully I'll have a whoosh attack!!!

(specs not shown in my profile bar = 5'4", 60 yo, 4 years post menopause)
Great Dane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 11:55 PM   #13  
Started 2/12/2015

S/C/G: 190/138/150

Height: 5'7

Beth Dysfunctional families are the new normal... Sometimes it helps to know that people displace a lot of their grievances, usually they are unhappy about things totally unrelated.

Looks like we are going to have a chance to dry out here in CenTex for a few days. Thankfully.

I'm having an easy time sticking with P1 for some reason. I'm in week 16, some weeks have been really tough but no problems right now. I just figured out that even though I'm only losing 1.something a week now, I averaged 2.3 lbs a week. Two more 2lbs to go.

Thanks for keeping the group together everyone.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 212/125/140orig/130 chgd 9/5

Hi Everyone!
Beth I agree- thank you for keeping the thread going. For me it isn't lack of interest, more lack of time to post. Though I do quickly scan the Feb2015 thread to keep up with everyone, just no time to post.
I'm glad to see everyone doing well, even in the midst of some difficult situations. Congrats to staying OP and losses.
Especially, I would like to thank everyone for their well wishes while I awaited my results. It really meant a lot to me
I've been staying OP, no real problems to speak of-maybe a hint of "diet fatigue" but this too shall pass if I've read correctly-and all I have to do is keep trying for my smaller sizes - that helps. Hoping for some rain here- the pollen is beyond words-so fingers crossed.
GDyou and I are at about the same point in the diet, (except this is my 1st time) I just turned 51, still in the "peri" phase-(joy oh joy) and have been losing about the same - though this past weigh in it was 3 lbs- I was shocked and excited- so that puts me at 39 lbs so far- about 35 to go.
Beth Sorry for the sucky weekend- but today is a new day - and we're here for you!!
Happy June 1st and Monday to you all~
Destony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 10:16 AM   #15  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esnonnie View Post
Hi All,
I haven't officially started the program yet. I have my initial consultation on Wednesday and am ready to get started. It's been quite a struggle to lose weight since I hit my 50s. I would diet and exercise quite vigorously and the scale barely moved. I am eager to learn how and when to eat the right combinations of food. I have spent time researching programs and I feel this is the one for me. It was such a pleasant surprise to find out there is a center in my town. I am looking forward to learning from everyone and sharing my journey. Thanks!
Be sure to check out the thread of IPeeps in their 50's - you will find good info and good connectIons for support with those of us in your age group!

oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote