Old 06-05-2015, 12:55 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 252 / 252 / 135

Height: 5'5"

Hi, all! Moved over here from the April thread.

Just had my 7 week weigh in. I thought I wasn't going to lose anything this week, and I was down a surprising 2.6 lbs. Even though I weigh every day (I know I should stop), I just didn't see any loss during the week. Maybe I have a mental block when I look at the scale because I'm so used to diets failing.

Anyway, I'm pleased as punch and going to try to not look at the scale at all this week. Happy to meet a bunch of new peeps in this thread, too!
fiannalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 01:21 PM   #62  

Welcome Fianna
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 167.2/164.8/140-145

Height: 5'5

Hi all! According to my scale, after 5 days, I am only down maybe a pound and a half -- and first weigh in is tomorrow. Feeling disappointed! Was hopeful for 4 pounds! It seems everyone has high numbers that first week.

I have shared a bit of my story before -- 1 late miscarriage (12 weeks), 2 chemical pregnancies all in about 6 months, causing my body to be difficult and hormonal and gain weight and have acne, etc -- so I think my body may just be having difficulty getting in order. Plus, I am just now starting to enter ketosis (according to the strips). So maybe I will lose more next week?

On a positive note -- my face is a little clearer and I feel less bloated. After a couple months of trying to diet and not losing (and actually gaining), at least my body is starting to lose, albeit slowly. I promised myself I would give this a month before ruling on its effectiveness.

Any success stories of people with small loss the first week and a big loss the second? I am hoping for a bigger loss next week!
katyindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:23 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 187/182/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by hysteria_625 View Post
What a weekend - started great, ended 'eh', and with a lot of hurt feelings

Dysfunctional families suck

Ate 75% IP compliant - too much meat yesterday (16oz vs 8oz) and about 1,300 calories, but another pat on the back for avoiding the booze, cake (graduation), and s'mores.
Is there any other kind of family? i know just how you feel...I ate my feelings for many years...

I applaud you for not eating that other stuff...at least it was protein instead of that other junk. We need to be able to deal with these situations because they will not go away. Life happens...there will always be something...if it is not family. It will be at work...or it will be with friends...we need to take control...now I know this is easier said than done but we can't give up!

The other day I had this thing happen at work and usually on the way home I would stop at the store (under the pretense that I just needed something) and I would buy junk (and I mean lots of it ) and I would eat it on the drive home (30min) and then I would think...well since you blew it..and buy some more...
BUT this time I did not stop (but let me tell you I had to fight that little voice all the way home..you know the one that says..go ahead...you need food to feel better)...insted when I got home I put on my running shoes and went for a walk...let me tell you I was walking like I was on a mission...I was just thinking about my day...so mad....but sometime during the walk I felt like there was a release...and then I felt better. I was still thinking about it (you know the wheels keeps turning) but did not want to pig out...was so happy I did not eat that junk because i would of hated myself after.

We can do this! We deserve this!
Loser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:22 AM   #65  
IP start April 20, 2015

S/C/G: 227.5/136/140

Height: 5'4

Katyindc: don't get discouraged. There's so many inspiring success stories on these threads and everyone one of them had a different journey with different struggles. Even reading the maintainers thread, I realize that the battle never really ends. You will be successful! Your body has been through quite a bit of turmoil so be kind to yourself and stay strong. We're all in your corner here.
Loser13: What a great way to fight a craving. It's tough to not back down at the moment but the feeling after the walk is so much better. I have similar battles. What a way to keep strong. Way to go!
livinlrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 11:38 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

No loss for me this week, I'm guessing it's my period and hoping it's not the weights I did this week. I lost 1 inch overall so I'm happy with that. Hoping to have a bigger drop next week, fingers crossed.

Have a great week OP everyone! Nothing taste as good as skinny feels.
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 203.8/135/135

Height: 5"2"

Hi everyone
Hope you’re all having a nice weekend.

I’ve had my 5th WI, next one is Tuesday. So far, so good.

I had my first challenge this week, went away for 3 days, visiting family/friends for a retirement party.
Best part of a day driving each way, so, a few meals on the road, then once there, lunches/dinner with friends and of course the dinner at the party.

I knew there would be some choices, some not, but determined to do as good as possible to stay OP.
And NOT GAIN. All I hoped for was to at least stay the same.
Before I left, I made a list of what I could take (some limitations, because we would be crossing the border, veggies are a NO-NO ) figured what meal choices might be possible, what packets I could take.
Great planning, you would think. Got a couple of hours along the first day, and I realized.. WTH ) … I left 4 RTD’s in the fridge.

Fortunately I had talked to my coach about the trip a few days before, and she said, if I found I ate more than the 8oz protein, I could skip a packet, shouldn’t be a big problem. (She said, just as a rule of thumb, think of a packet like it was 4oz protein).
So I was able to manage pretty well (a few not-quite-legal things, but all-in-all not too bad).

I weighed myself at home before I left, and this morning, weighed again. EXACTLY THE SAME. Whew!!

So now I know… I can do it!
blueskiesahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #68  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi Winter/Spring-ers!

I started IP on April 29, but considered myself a May starter.

I have struggled a LOT with binge-eating in the last couple/few years, which is how I ended up a yo-yo dieter, clawing my way down a few pounds (10-15 or so) then binging my way back up and staying at the high weight for a while. Of course as the years go by it becomes easier and easier to gain & harder to lose.

I was successful with IP briefly in 2012 and again last year, both times got my weight down in the 130s again, but didn't really finish, just started binging and gave up and bounced back up 15-20 pounds or so. I'm a disaster in this realm and I don't even have that much weight to lose.

So this time I approached things differently. I committed to sticking to the plan for at least 4 months, which I thought should get my weight down back to a "reasonable" level (will evaluate when August/September rolls around). I will say what has happened so far has been pretty great!
  1. I have lost a total of 7.5 pounds in 5 weeks (I had lost a few before starting IP just by "cutting back")
  2. My overwhelming bingy-ness is gone. I still get hungry, really hungry sometimes - but it doesn't feel like the insane compulsion to STUFF MYSELF with carbs.
  3. It has gotten me back to eating lots of veggies & salads - I have an actual aversion to vegetables when I am in my carby mode. (It is HORRIBLE how many vegetables I have composted in my binge mode. I buy them and they just languish in the fridge... )
  4. I am back to planning my meals and thinking what I eat rather that waiting until I am ravenous and grazing
  5. With this whole new mindset, I have gotten back into exercising (lightly) again, run/walk, light strength-training and yoga... and...
  6. I actually have some optimism that I can have the slightest control over my body!
I've said it in other places, but body fat is my biggest problem, not my actual scale weight. According to what my lean mass is, and assuming I can preserve most of that, I need to weigh ~138 pounds to be below 30% body fat. To be less than 25% body fat, I would need to weigh ~128/129 pounds. That is actually such a good weight for me, with my stupid small frame , but I haven't seen that weight in nearly 10 years so I'm not sure it's attainable for me... we'll see!

I think my body is going to chose my weight. But my head is going to fight for fitting into my clothes!!

katyindc - Take a look at my numbers! Quite slow, but it adds up. It is so hard to focus on the scale number when it moves down sooooo slowly. Sounds like you have the right attitude in committing for period of time ... but (as someone asked me) what happens at the end of that month? I chose 4 months because I figured at a pound a week average that would be 16 pounds, which I would be OK with. If I stopped losing anything at all, it would be a real bummer, and if I see that for a few weeks I might have to re-evaluate sooner ...
loser13 - on combating the dive into food! I am working on strategies like that as well
blueskiesahead on a successful trip. I have a lot of trouble with being away from my safe home environment...

Everyone else - you continue to be an inspiration. I hope to get it together enough to be inspirational someday

Last edited by EmmaD; 06-06-2015 at 01:30 PM.
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 215/173.5/140

did our March starters thread change to this one?

I tried to post there and it is closed... not many people left from March?!
dickinsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:37 PM   #70  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 232.8/See Ticker/175

March moved here!!!!!!

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE!!! I'm working this weekend! Trying to stay focused on IP! HOpe everyone is a Big Loser this weekend!
asmuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:45 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 215/173.5/140

For people approaching mantaining phase, anyone thinking in adopting a low carbs lifestyle even after IP? I have been reading about ketogenic recipes and low carb recipes that looks wonderful and could be used as a life style after IP. I don't think I will be as strict as in IP once I finally phase out but seriously looking into keeping a low carb diet afterwards. Any thoughts?
dickinsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:02 PM   #72  
Started IP May 14, 2015

S/C/G: 290.7/240.3/190

Height: 5'8"

Hello, all!

I had my 3rd WI today and I am just so darned happy and pleased. Down 7.5 lbs this week (first week eating no red meats) for a total of 22.7 pounds. My first mini-goal was to lose 25 lbs before husband and I left on June 18th for our cruise. I think it's safe to say that I will be accomplishing that goal.
Tarier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickinsp View Post
For people approaching mantaining phase, anyone thinking in adopting a low carbs lifestyle even after IP? I have been reading about ketogenic recipes and low carb recipes that looks wonderful and could be used as a life style after IP. I don't think I will be as strict as in IP once I finally phase out but seriously looking into keeping a low carb diet afterwards. Any thoughts?
If you haven’t checked out the website “Refuse to Regain” - she also has a book that is really helping me - you might like it.
She talks about the issue of carbs.
I think overall it’s figuring out what your body needs. I notice that the higher density and glycemic carbs (rice, potatoes, etc.) just don’t work at all for me. Definitely not sugar flour etc.
I’m happier with the additions of healthy fats and fruits and the other veggies like tomatoes, I don’t need the other stuff, I feel satisfied. I’ve only been in maintenance for a few months though so still going through trial and error.
Grateful4Health is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:49 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 132/123.8/115

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
I am approaching maintenance and am nervous about doing anything that is NOT on the IP plan. Today I bought a journal (an actual journal with pages) because I have never been good about using an app or online journal (like when I did WW online). I am going to start writing everything down (cals, carbs, proteins, fats, etc.) along with my weight and see what my body does. Slowly I am going to play with foods and see how that goes. I don't see me ever going back to eating carbs like I used to (pasta dishes, stir fry with rice, etc), but definitely doing my cheat days. I like the idea of planning ahead for those. Before when I spontaneously ate badly, one bad meal lead to another. I just picked up a book about ketogenic dieting and right on the cover is said something about high fat eating with low carbs. I just put it down. I just want to eat healthy and exercise regularly. I need to get to know my body and how it reacts to certain foods.
Bootros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 10:35 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 252 / 252 / 135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Yes, I will be. I was already trying to eliminate grains, white potatoes and sugar before IP, and I will continue with that in maintenance (hopefully with more success). I just don't know any other way of controlling my weight. Calorie restriction stopped working after I turned 40, it seems. Before IP, I went on a 1400 cal/day diet per my doctor and gained weight on it. I think low-carb is the only way for me to go if I don't want to put it back on.
fiannalove is offline   Reply With Quote