Old 03-20-2015, 07:35 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Good Morning Rebooters. Weekends tend to be the hardest for me to stay OP. I think it is the ideal of associating weekends with food and drinks. Having a family dinner this weekend with my sister cooking. She does not cook healthy. She did not know I had been on my reboot for almost a month. I informed her that I will come to the dinner but don't be offended if I do not eat. Her theory is there is always tomorrow. I felt like if I informed her ahead of time there will not be any drama. On this diet we need to be selfish and look out for ourselves and not worry about what others might think. I will go to the dinner stay 100% OP and have as good of time as everyone else.
coffeebean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 12:13 PM   #122  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

eandc - do NOT feel defeated. I know the feeling all too well, but try and think of the positives - I know, easier said than done, right? Being able to maintain within a range you're comfortable with is a huge victory!

Like you have planned, avoid the scale until you're feeling better about how your clothes are fitting and you're through with TOM.
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:53 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 164/141/130

Height: 5' nothing!

Default Reboot too!

Hello all! I've been lurking around here for a long time now and finally registered, lol. I lost 30 lbs on IP last year, went off just before the holidays without phasing (yikes, I know!) but it was due to a combination of diet fatigue and finances. I did really well through the holidays, I gained back 5lbs fairly quickly, which was kind of expected from what my coach told me. I recently gained another 2lbs, and now I just feel bloated and miserable and my pants are tight.

So, I'm going to ReBoot, probably starting on Monday. I have a friend that still goes to her coach and will get me some boxes. I also buy from Nashua Nutrition and will do a combination of both. I say Monday because in my mind, I have to give myself that dropdead date, kinda like quitting smoking!

I don't eat horribly most of the time and was pretty happy being able to maintain even after the initial 5lb gain. I don't know what the trigger is now, but I'm thinking it's the weather. The weather up here in the NE just isn't cooperating and I am an emotional eater. The weather REALLY gets me depressed. I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Wish me luck!
SkinnyMe12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 08:02 PM   #124  

Starting week 5 on my reboot. All my siblings are at the beach visiting us. We are on vacation for the month of March. Walked to get ice cream last night I was surprised that I never once thought I should would like ice cream. Watched them eat it and did not feel deprived. I am keeping my eye on the prize. Getting into my cute clothes in my closet that is too tight.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:41 PM   #125  
Ratfancy

S/C/G: 155/155/145

Height: 5'2"

Default Back to counselor!

Today I started back with an excellent IP counselor with an actual nutrition/exercise degree. I feel confident. Got the foods and veggies - now I can make some progress instead of dinging around!!
ratfancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 11:07 PM   #126  

I am ready to reboot. I have been hit and miss for the last few weeks and my progress stalled. I am ready to reach my goal, 10 pounds to go!
Snackykat01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:09 AM   #127  
Ratfancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyMe12 View Post
Hello all! I've been lurking around here for a long time now and finally registered, lol. I lost 30 lbs on IP last year, went off just before the holidays without phasing (yikes, I know!) but it was due to a combination of diet fatigue and finances. I did really well through the holidays, I gained back 5lbs fairly quickly, which was kind of expected from what my coach told me. I recently gained another 2lbs, and now I just feel bloated and miserable and my pants are tight.

So, I'm going to ReBoot, probably starting on Monday. I have a friend that still goes to her coach and will get me some boxes. I also buy from Nashua Nutrition and will do a combination of both. I say Monday because in my mind, I have to give myself that dropdead date, kinda like quitting smoking!

I don't eat horribly most of the time and was pretty happy being able to maintain even after the initial 5lb gain. I don't know what the trigger is now, but I'm thinking it's the weather. The weather up here in the NE just isn't cooperating and I am an emotional eater. The weather REALLY gets me depressed. I have that Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Wish me luck!
Yes - best of luck - we'll get there!
Old 03-24-2015, 07:24 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I've seen so many rebooters posting in so many varied places (monthly newbie threads, 50+, 100%ers), I thought I'd create a spot for everyone.

Since rebooters aren't newbies and often make some alterations to 100% protocol, it seems fitting there be a spot.

There is a "gaining it all back" thread, but many don't fit there. Many of us have some up lbs to drop but didn't gain everything back. And even those who did, a restart is a restart.

Be sure to post in the daily chat, as well so everyone in the community can benefit from the experience we all have!
Hi Lisa, I was really hoping to pick your brain on an issue Im having. Its an eating schedule issue. So I now work 12hr night shifts in a really busy ER, Im pretty much running around on my feet for the whole shift, rarely sitting down. Anyways I work 7pm-7:30am, then I come home and sleep about 5 hours. On my days off my sleeping is all over the place. I cant figure out how to spread out my food, I end up eating sometimes 5 packets on my 12hr shifts because I get HUNGRY........I havent been cheating with foods off of IP, I just tend to eat more IP packets then recommended. Have you had anyone with this problem of working long hours and how to handle it??? Thanks Lisa! ~Sara
AlaskanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:41 AM   #129  
Ratfancy

Default Restricted foods

I just restarted with all IP foods instead of my alternative. I know the brownie I just ate for breakfast is restricted. Since I forgot which of my new "groceries" are restricted, is there a way to tell from the box? I know the brownies say one per day. Any other clue if you forget?
Old 03-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #130  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Starting my official reboot tomorrow> am up 16 pounds and feeling very disappointed in myself. I want this weight off. I was truly feeling great and just let it go. I've tried to reboot a couple times this last month and just didn't stick to it. I was hoping to get it off by my daughter wedding on April 18th but I dont believe that is even realistic. I am also going to the Bahamas on May 16 and I Must have it off by then or all I will think about is how fat I look.
jemma51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 11:21 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Hi Lisa, I was really hoping to pick your brain on an issue Im having. Its an eating schedule issue. So I now work 12hr night shifts in a really busy ER, Im pretty much running around on my feet for the whole shift, rarely sitting down. Anyways I work 7pm-7:30am, then I come home and sleep about 5 hours. On my days off my sleeping is all over the place. I cant figure out how to spread out my food, I end up eating sometimes 5 packets on my 12hr shifts because I get HUNGRY........I havent been cheating with foods off of IP, I just tend to eat more IP packets then recommended. Have you had anyone with this problem of working long hours and how to handle it??? Thanks Lisa! ~Sara
Hi AlaskanRN: I also work night shifts 2100-0530 then sleep until noon or 1 pm. If you can, try to keep the same schedule for your off days or at least something fairly close to it. It's the switching around within the week that screws us up.
Have a breakfast within 1 hr after you wake up. (I post this as my lunch in MyFitnessPal food diary)
Eat lunch at your usual 'dinner time' just before you leave for work. 5 or 6 pm.
Eat again at midnight. (I usually have a couple HB eggs and 2 cups raw veggies like cauliflorets and pepper strips because I have no access to a microwave. You could take leftover veggie stirfry & your protein - tuna or eggs or lean deli ham rolled up - if you have a microwave)
Have an IP snack (or two if you need to) between 3am & 6am. Then you are done. Don't forget your water - that usually gets left behind. Also drink herbal tea like a peach or apple cinnamon instead of eating outside of your prescribed times.

Works for me.
Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:03 AM   #132  
Ratfancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Day 19 of my reboot without cheating. I have tried rebooting in the past but I guess I wasn't committed. We are at the beach for a month so it would be so easy to blow it off as I have done in the past. We have guest most of the month so I have been cooking things they like. Cooked a huge breakfast yesterday but I never once considered going off plan. I do not know what has clicked this time to keep me motivated but I feel so much better not eating processed foods. I am a carb addict. Once I take that first bite I am eating junk the whole day. For me it seems like it is all or nothing. I need to work on that in maintenance.
Boy, can I relate to the carb addict thing! And something clicked for me this time - on the road with my new coach!
Old 03-25-2015, 07:16 AM   #133  

Winding down my month beach vacation. What a busy crazy month. Family and friends all month. I am so proud of myself for staying 100% OP all month. It feels good to be in control of my eating and not eating controlling me. We can do this. Last night sitting around talking and eating cake. I was not tempted one time. The thing is I am scared of maintenance. Once I start eating carbs it seems like I lose control.
Old 03-25-2015, 11:44 AM   #134  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Winding down my month beach vacation. What a busy crazy month. Family and friends all month. I am so proud of myself for staying 100% OP all month. It feels good to be in control of my eating and not eating controlling me. We can do this. Last night sitting around talking and eating cake. I was not tempted one time. The thing is I am scared of maintenance. Once I start eating carbs it seems like I lose control.
Coffeebean - CONGRATS! Being able to stay 100% OP while on vacation and with all the temptations is HUGE!
Maintenance can definitely be scary. I've reached it twice and both times fallen off the deep end within a few months. I believe the reason I have failed in the past is because I hit maintenance right before a big event or vacation. Then I go out and celebrate hard. I'm hoping when I finally get to goal this time I can slowly add things back in and see how my body reacts and what I can handle and what I cannot. Have a small ice cream for dessert one weekend but stop there. Just because I'm "allowed" to eat starches, doesn't mean I need one every day.

I'm actually starting a journal, to remind myself why I'm doing this. Keeping track of my feelings and thoughts - both how amazing I feel when I'm eating healthy, and how crummy I feel when I eat off plan. I also have a motivation board on pinterest, with quotes and photos - sometimes all it takes is a quick quote to get your mind right or seeing another success story to remind you that you too can do it. Finally, I'm racking my brain to come up with hobbies - something as simple as knitting so if I'm exhausted and just want to be lazy and watch tv, I can, but keep my hands busy with something other than reaching into the cookie jar. Anyways, just some thoughts - I know I've read all these suggestions before, but maybe if I actually listen to them this time around I might finally see some success in maintenance! Now it's just getting to goal!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 07:21 AM   #135  

I am starting week 6 for my reboot. I am looking forward to getting to goal. With that comes the realization that once I reach goal I need to figure out a way to maintain. I start thinking of all the food I will be able to have wine, cake and then I get control of my thoughts and reel myself back into reality. I will have to only have those foods on occasion not daily. That is the hard part. I am a carb addict. I do well not eating carbs but once I start I can't get enough. This part I need to work on.