Old 01-20-2015, 05:43 PM   #136  

A little late to the game but very excited to join in the challenge! My first mini goal is to consistently get all water and veggies in. I'm also adding walking to my routine. I am curious if that will affect my weekly weigh ins. I did not exercise at all my first time around with IP and had good losses, but felt like a shut in.
AusTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 06:52 PM   #137  
IP Start Date Jan 5, 2015

S/C/G: 229/204/165

Height: 5'7"

WI #2 today and down 3.1lbs. I am very happy with that! Hope to keep this up until I hit my goal weight. Spreadsheet updated!
linda.lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 09:41 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 217/173/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by linda.lou View Post
WI #2 today and down 3.1lbs. I am very happy with that! Hope to keep this up until I hit my goal weight. Spreadsheet updated!
Congratulations
Jemcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 207/165/165

Height: 5.5

Lisa . Just did my weight in and have lost another 2 pounds. I will take it. Just wondering if you could "lock" or "freeze" the top column in the spreadsheet so it stays on top when you scoll down. My memory is not helping me see what the different numbers are when I get to my name. Don't worry if it can't be done. Just wondering. Thanks.
Largo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:25 AM   #140  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Ugh! Men!
Such different abilities to lose weight (usually faster) than women. (Testosterone!)
Us girls gotta stick together on that.
Sorry, we didn't do it on purpose... :-) However if it makes you feel any better.. my wife beat my weight loss this week at WI... Even by 2lbs!!
jeffpickl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:26 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5.2

Thank you for organizing a challenge. I am late to the party but want to join in
mmjenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:34 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 273/273/180

Jeff - we will forgive ya! Kudos to your wife, I am sure she was excited! And probably didn't gloat at all? Hehehe.

The challenge is going good so far, I love that it keeps me on track. I'll take every little thing that I can to keep my motivation up there. I think as we get further along in our journey it becomes harder to stay 100%. So this is good for me!

Last edited by TeagsC; 01-21-2015 at 11:35 AM.
TeagsC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:39 PM   #143  

Jeff:
Hope you know I was kidding.
We all have our own weight loss "speed" however, typically a guy will lose faster than a woman, mostly (I believe) because of higher testosterone levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largo View Post
Lisa . Just did my weight in and have lost another 2 pounds. I will take it. Just wondering if you could "lock" or "freeze" the top column in the spreadsheet so it stays on top when you scoll down. My memory is not helping me see what the different numbers are when I get to my name. Don't worry if it can't be done. Just wondering. Thanks.
Congrats on the WL!
I thought the top row WAS frozen. Perhaps something happened. I'll go fix it. Thanks for heads up!

ETA: I just checked. The top rows are frozen. I wonder why it isn't working that way for you? Try emptying cookies?

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-21-2015 at 12:46 PM.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:22 PM   #144  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

First official weigh in and going by what my scales say I'm down another .3 lb. Next week should be more inline with IP weigh-in.
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:34 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawniemae View Post
First official weigh in and going by what my scales say I'm down another .3 lb. Next week should be more inline with IP weigh-in.
I'm so excited for you frawniemae!!! You've got this
stacynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 09:21 AM   #146  
determined

S/C/G: 302.4/202.4/166

Height: 5'6"

Thanks stacynak! Who thought I could ever be excited about a "diet"! I feel great about this new journey!
frawniemae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 236/185.7/160

Height: 5'8

frawniemae- I know exactly what you mean!! I absolutely love the program and sometimes feel like a bit of a IP zealot. As you can see in my stats, I took a short break in December due to our annual pre-Christmas Hawaii trip & then the holidays in the wake. I didn't make it a free-for-all but I wasn't diligent and gave myself some latitude with some things that weren't on the program. My husband has since shared with me that he thought I might have trouble going back on the program. It was actually quite the opposite! I couldn't wait & it was such a relief to be back on. I think so much of one's success is the mindset you go into the program with & once you start seeing progress both on & off the scale, you'll be unstoppable!
stacynak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:57 PM   #148  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 179/179/159

Height: 5'7"

Hello all!

Loving this challenge to help push me to the finish line (or starting line depending on how you look at it!). But, as I get closer I am noticing a little bit of saggy skin (so far just upper arms) - not too serious but wondering if anyone has done any weight training? Did it help?

Thanks!
irishAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:12 PM   #149  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Bummer - I have broken my winning streak of so many weeks with no gain.... up 0.8lbs this week.

I have posted my gain as a negative number and I added a note to the cell to explain - I hope this was ok, Lisa -- if it messes up the sheet, please feel free to correct my entry to the proper format or let me know what to do to fix it and I'll get on it right away.

More eating out than I have done for the whole 6 months, some constipation, and I believe too much eyeballing. I know I need to get religious about measuring - perhaps the experience of a gain will be enough incentive to make me do what I know I need to do.
oneuh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 03:16 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuh2 View Post
Bummer - I have broken my winning streak of so many weeks with no gain.... up 0.8lbs this week.

I have posted my gain as a negative number and I added a note to the cell to explain - I hope this was ok, Lisa -- if it messes up the sheet, please feel free to correct my entry to the proper format or let me know what to do to fix it and I'll get on it right away.

More eating out than I have done for the whole 6 months, some constipation, and I believe too much eyeballing. I know I need to get religious about measuring - perhaps the experience of a gain will be enough incentive to make me do what I know I need to do.
I did the same thing last challenge (my first) - take out the negative number and just put in a 0.0
then just keep track for next weigh in to see if you have lost that .8 plus extra to correct your 'current' weight. I am putting in next week's weigh in as 0.0 already as I will be away in Mexico for a bit - not expecting to lose any then, lol. Hopefully not gain much either as I brought somewhat unforgiving clothes.

See y'all soon! Keep up the good work, oneuh2, you'll be fine and back on a downtrend soon.

Liana
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote