Old 08-30-2014, 12:19 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Have you guys heard of ketostix? I guess you take them, and when you pee they come out lol if they're pink or dark it means you're in ketosis
ShelbyLynn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 12:25 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 209/184/150 Age:21

Height: 5'11"

Just kidding!! It's a stick that you dip in your pee! My mistake
ShelbyLynn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 02:21 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 240.1/230.7/165

Height: 507

Hello, I am so excited to start this journey. I started IP on 8/19 and was pleased as punch with my first weigh-in... -9.4 lbs. I've tried several other programs but this is the first time that I have felt like I was completely in control. Love the fact that the struggles that I anticipated (giving up my Diet Coke habit and my candy habit) have not been an issue at all.
okobojidawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 01:52 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 264/236.8/147

Height: 5'7"

Thank you so much.
nodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 03:43 PM   #140  

Default ketostix

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyLynn8 View Post
Have you guys heard of ketostix? I guess you take them, and when you pee they come out lol if they're pink or dark it means you're in ketosis
yes ive heard of them(trying 2 type w/ one hand bare w/me)! Some say they're not really accurrate,however, i still use them! U can get a bottle at target. it cost me like $12 dollars and has i think 50 stix. on the bottle it has colors that u will compare w/the stix after u hve dipped it in the urin. the darker the color the more ur in ketosis....according to the bottle.
thenewme42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #141  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

I find ketostix are motivational.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:59 PM   #142  
IP Start Date 6 Aug 2014

S/C/G: 248.8/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Talking Week 3

Things are going well at my end as we round out August. As of Tuesday, I am down a total of 17.6lbs in 3 weeks! Looking forward to breaking 20 at W4...

W1 (Aug 12): -7.7lbs
W2 (Aug 19): -3.7lbs
W3 (Aug 26): -6.2lbs
whirly_girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:43 AM   #143  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Hello, I'm a new IPeep. Started on Aug 26 and already seeing a tidy drop on the scales. My husband started nearly 4 weeks ago and his loss was inspirational.

I was expecting the packets to be blah in taste but so far there's only two that I don't actually like. Such a pleasant surprise.

Loving the recipe pages and I see so many that I now want to try. It's much easier having both of us on the plan.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:50 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 189.2/156.6/154

Height: 5'8"

Wow whirlygirly! You are really rocking this program!! Great work
Briael!
I've never used ketostix... But I can tell by the color of my urine (nice I know)- it's almost a neon yellow... Very light and bright...
RefreshingMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 03:17 AM   #145  
IP Start Date 6 Aug 2014

S/C/G: 248.8/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefreshingMe View Post
Wow whirlygirly! You are really rocking this program!! Great work
Briael!
I've never used ketostix... But I can tell by the color of my urine (nice I know)- it's almost a neon yellow... Very light and bright...
Thank you! The program is not as hard as I thought it was going to be, and I am so happy with the results so far. I acknowledge though, that I've had some great weeks and they won't all be like that so my target date for reaching my goal is still calculated using about 2lbs/week to keep my spirits up no matter how things go.
whirly_girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 07:31 AM   #146  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewme42 View Post
yes ive heard of them(trying 2 type w/ one hand bare w/me)! Some say they're not really accurrate,however, i still use them! U can get a bottle at target. it cost me like $12 dollars and has i think 50 stix. on the bottle it has colors that u will compare w/the stix after u hve dipped it in the urin. the darker the color the more ur in ketosis....according to the bottle.
Actually, any change of color will show you're in ketosis. Ketosis is kind of like being pregnant - you either are or you aren't!

And as your body gets more efficient at burning ketones you may start showing none on the stick - don't worry, you are still in ketosis (assuming you're still following the program) but at some point you will probably quit excreting them through your urine. Just wanted to warn you so you didn't think you did anything wrong when/if that happens!
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:59 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 205/201/150

Height: 5'4

Thanks everyone for the welcome...there is so much information and support on here! I'm trying to figure out everything. The stickies are helping. My coach wasn't very clear on a lot of things so having the information here is great. I am struggling with the headaches and I have read where the salt helps. I am going to try that today and hope that will do the trick instead of taking something. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
nana2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:10 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Iron Woman, Lose2Win and newsluv- YAY! Congrats on your losses! Can you believe how we're losing this weight?! Woohoo!!!

ShelbyLynn- Thank you for sharing the motivational quotes, they're very inspiring!

RefreshingMe- How is it going? Let me tell you that the healthy, delicious meals you describe make my mouth watery! YUM, I wish to one day be able to cook like you do, and ENJOY cooking! Once I go in maintenance. With IP I'm learning to look at food differently, and to be more conscious of what I feed my body. If you feel like you need something bubbly to drink, get a glass of mineral water with some lemon/limes..yum!

Daisyy- :welcome3 Daisyy! and good luck!!
[QUOTE=Lose2Win2014;5061675]Yay!! I weighed in on Monday and lost 3.4 pounds in week 3 too!

nodee- Grats on your loss! and on your 10k steps!! That's something I need to incorporate into my new lifestyle, the walking! The support from family and friends is HUGE, I'm so happy to also have support from my family, friends and coworkers! Keep up the good work!

nana- and yes, THIS IS THE PLACE! I'm glad you're here, and you can join us! Everyone here has a journey, some have more to lose than others, but we all have the goal, and this forum offers a TON of support and encouragement! Good luck!!

Ruth Ann- Thanks for your great help! It means a lot to us!
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:24 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 258/165/143

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefreshingMe View Post
ariel- how was the WI??
My second WI was last Wednesday, I lost 3lbs and about 3 inches! I was happy because I just didn't feel like I had lost anything, but I was very glad that I did because I had not cheated at all. My family, who see me everyday, tell me they can tell I lost weight (ALREADY!!!) They say my face got thinner, and my belly smaller I don't have the triple chin anymore Even a coworker is interested in doing IP because she's seen how I've been losing weight. I hope to get to 20lbs less in the first month of doing IP. I've joined the Thanksgiving Challenge, and I hope to lose at least 30lbs. Good luck to everyone have a happy, safe and 100% OP Holiday!

Last edited by Ariel13; 08-31-2014 at 07:01 PM.
Ariel13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:48 PM   #150  
ending 7+ years of yoyo

S/C/G: (body fat) >34.5%/?/<25%

Height: 5' 6", small frame, "obese" body fat

Hi August starters - I am dipping my toe in the IP water here. I am on plan as of today so I am officially an August starter

My mother has had great success with this program, and I have used many of the products. I will be doing alternatives, with no coach. I spent a lot of time reading up here on all the alternative threads, etc. I am almost entirely a vegetarian so that will present a challenge but I will eat some fish and seafood, especially on this plan. I won't miss dairy much, I eat very little already. I think my weigh-in days will be Mondays and I don't plan any strenuous exercise, since I don't do much now, but I do plan to continue regular yoga and walking.

I only need to lose a "few" pounds - I think 20 or so but if my composition changed (less fat) I might be OK with a higher weight. Many people my height are just fine at my weight, but they look far different than I do. If I ever make goal, I will post photos of what a difference those last 10 or 15 pounds can make. Since I turned 35 or so, I rapidly gained weight and it was mostly in the belly and is sooo much work to make it go away, in fact I have never actually been successful at getting back to where I was

I have been struggling to lose 25-30 pounds for about five years now. I lost some weight early this summer, but then stalled out and started creeping up again. I know I need a stricter plan than I have been following (which is theoretically South Beach but I have been diverging in crazy ways with very carby items -- clearly I have a big problem in this area)

I am very interested in using as many whole-food items as possible as well as maximal nutrition from the veggies. I go back and forth between going wild with cooking & recipes and then swinging to the other direction thinking I need to simplify as much as possible until I get myself on track. <sigh> this is an ongoing battle for me.

I am very excited to join this group!
EmmaD is offline   Reply With Quote