Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
My family is full of osteo arthritis...and I have a sister younger than I who has had 3 hip replacements already...yep...the first one has been redone. She was in her 40's when that 1st one happened. We have had a grandaughter with bilateral hip dysplasia...which was treated as an infnat. Years ago that never got any attention which is what we think happened with my sister. hope you heal well...and the newer hip joints and surgical methods work wonders for you. Another sis had one done about a year ago and she was weight bearing right away and has done amazing!! You'll be great and feel wonderful when it's over...!
I found out in October the worsening pain I was dealing with was hip dysplasia(and I only thought that was for dogs). I actually have really sturdy bone mass as does all the women in my family. We are not small people. I am looking forward to it, at least after the initial weeks. God has been sending me people since fall all the time. New people I meet, my age who have had them and are doing wonderfully. Finally He sent me the wife of the best surgeon in town. We met in December and have become friends. I have not met him, but everyone who has had great success rave about him. I meet him in May.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:59 AM   #17  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Love the haircut drd - that is so cute! You look wonderful!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you! Your recovery will be so much easier with less weight on you. I really wish I had lost the weight before I had a spinal fusion, I think it would have made for a much easier recovery. But my surgeon is delighted that I have now lost, said it will probably help me avoid having further issues. Let's hope he is right.
Old 04-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Love the haircut drd - that is so cute! You look wonderful!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for you! Your recovery will be so much easier with less weight on you. I really wish I had lost the weight before I had a spinal fusion, I think it would have made for a much easier recovery. But my surgeon is delighted that I have now lost, said it will probably help me avoid having further issues. Let's hope he is right.
Agreed. (Ruth Ann often says the exact thing I'm thinking)
To this I'd like to add
Your recovery will also be made much easier eating the real and healthy food you eat now.
The more I learn about food processing, the more I stick with raw food shopping and make my own.

Somebody did a lot of cooking ahead-of-time & freezing prior to surgery so there would be healthy meals to heat & serve until they were able to cook again. Fantastic idea!
Old 04-13-2014, 08:57 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Agreed. (Ruth Ann often says the exact thing I'm thinking)
To this I'd like to add
Your recovery will also be made much easier eating the real and healthy food you eat now.
The more I learn about food processing, the more I stick with raw food shopping and make my own.

Somebody did a lot of cooking ahead-of-time & freezing prior to surgery so there would be healthy meals to heat & serve until they were able to cook again. Fantastic idea!
I agree. I had a friend tell me that if people ask to help with meals I need to make sure I tell them my dietary restrictions. She said most folks will bring heavy carbs. I think I will tell them just to go for a rehab walk with me instead!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #20  

Height: 5 '6

I have been at my new job for one year now and exactly one year ago I was frantically shopping in the only plus size store in town looking for something to wear to a conference. From there I had to get on a plane where I felt that I should be apologizing to the person sitting beside me because I was invading their space!

Its time for the conference again and this year I shopped in regular size stores for some clothes and had way more variety to choose from. I will get on the plane this afternoon and not worry about how much 'space' I am taking up. When I get to my destination an old friend is meeting me so we can have a visit and instead of dreading seeing old friends this 'big', I will be focused on having a great visit with her...

IP has changed so many things in my life and sometimes I forget how much of my life has been affected by my weight loss...
Old 04-13-2014, 10:39 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiker88 View Post
I have been at my new job for one year now and exactly one year ago I was frantically shopping in the only plus size store in town looking for something to wear to a conference. From there I had to get on a plane where I felt that I should be apologizing to the person sitting beside me because I was invading their space!

Its time for the conference again and this year I shopped in regular size stores for some clothes and had way more variety to choose from. I will get on the plane this afternoon and not worry about how much 'space' I am taking up. When I get to my destination an old friend is meeting me so we can have a visit and instead of dreading seeing old friends this 'big', I will be focused on having a great visit with her...

IP has changed so many things in my life and sometimes I forget how much of my life has been affected by my weight loss...
Now that realization is a LCV!! (Life Changing Victory)!!!! It is a wonderful thing...don't you just want to GIGGLE!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Now that realization is a LCV!! (Life Changing Victory)!!!! It is a wonderful thing...don't you just want to GIGGLE!!!!!!
Yes... Yes I do!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #23  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Congratulations Hiker and YES YES YES... It is truly life changing, which was a happy surprise for me too. I am happier, healthier, more confident. Not all days are easy, but when they aren't, it's nice to be able to reflect on how life-changing this journey has been and will continue to be. I'm so grateful!

Good luck with your surgery DRD..pic looks great!

It is warm...almost what you'd call hot here today. Such a refreshing change from the never-ending winter. I wonder if I will like heat more this summer...in the past, I really hated hot/humid/sweaty/sticky.

Happy Sunday!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #24  

Height: 5'2

Quote:

I love this Hiker. I went through the same situation. In Sept '13 I had a work conference in Chicago with my new job. I went to Banana Republic to find some business casual clothing since all the clothes in my closet were too tight. I was almost in tears trying on a size 14 petite dress pants that were too snug but I had to buy them because they didn't have any 16's. I knew at this point something had to be done but it still took me over a month to start IP. 6 months later we had another conference in Las Vegas and what a difference that was! This time I had nothing to wear because everything in my closet was TOO BIG. I had an awesome time shopping in LV for new clothes. I also loved seeing extra room around my hips in the plane seat.

Have a great visit with your friend!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:17 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I love this Hiker. I went through the same situation. In Sept '13 I had a work conference in Chicago with my new job. I went to Banana Republic to find some business casual clothing since all the clothes in my closet were too tight. I was almost in tears trying on a size 14 petite dress pants that were too snug but I had to buy them because they didn't have any 16's. I knew at this point something had to be done but it still took me over a month to start IP. 6 months later we had another conference in Las Vegas and what a difference that was! This time I had nothing to wear because everything in my closet was TOO BIG. I had an awesome time shopping in LV for new clothes. I also loved seeing extra room around my hips in the plane seat.

Have a great visit with your friend!
Thanks! I'm glad 65 mentioned how she hadn't seen as many NSV's lately and taking the time to write that post reminded me of all the reasons I'm on this journey!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 04-13-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I love everything about this!
Old 04-13-2014, 12:39 PM   #27  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Hooray Hiker & Slipfree on your new clothes! It's so much fun to put something on and say "nope, too big, gotta go."

I am slowly putting together some Spring stuff. It takes time. Next weekend I think my sister and niece want me to come over and go through their closets to help sort out which works since we're all about the same size. Plus my niece is a shoe fiend and we wear the same size. I love shoes!
Old 04-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post

Choosing clothes is another one of those - no walking into a 'normal' clothing store and have salespeople look at you as if they are wondering that the heck I was doing in there at my size. Although I am still passing through 16's on the way to 14's, I can actually fit 10-12 tops (sad, the girls are gone) and therefore love walking and looking without feeling out of place.

This is the reason that I will try my darndest to be 100% OP because these are life victories and we cannot go for years without discovering the joys of fully participating in life because of size....
LOL! HAHA! I had to buy a new bra yesterday... yes, another size down.. not much left!! I'm a pear shape and no matter how much I lose... the pear will still be there... BUT I will be a hot pear!!

Last edited by Hiker88; 04-13-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-13-2014, 12:48 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I love everything about this!
Thx!!
Old 04-13-2014, 01:22 PM   #30  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
LOL! HAHA! I had to buy a new bra yesterday... yes, another size down.. not much left!! I'm a pear shape and no matter how much I lose... the pear will still be there... BUT I will be a hot pear!!
<sigh> we always want what we don't get. I really wanted to girls to go down, but it didn't happen (much). I'll gladly share!
Closed Thread