Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 04:54 PM   #151  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hope everyone had a great day.

It has been so cold lately that I can't convince my husband to bbq and I miss it! Supposed to be plus 7 Celcius here on Saturday so hopefully he will be more willing to go out there.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:00 PM   #152  
Third time's the charm!

Forgot to have a NSV of sorts, although not sure if it's quite a victory...

My knees have become so "bony" that it is now too uncomfortable to have my legs on top of each other while I sleep on my side. Makes the knee on top feel like it's resting on a wooden table.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post

My knees have become so "bony" that it is now too uncomfortable to have my legs on top of each other while I sleep on my side. Makes the knee on top feel like it's resting on a wooden table.
Lol.. That has happened to me too! Also other places that should not hurt do. Addressing it all with exercise and flexibility routine��

Last edited by 65X65; 01-09-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:19 PM   #154  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by finale View Post
Has anyone tried the Detour bars they have 3 g sugar and 15 g protein and have 170 calories and 17 grams carbs???
I love the lower sugar Detour bars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Hey All!
I'm back at school, and the cafeteria food sucks just as much as I remember it.
On a totally off note of food... A water pipe burst in my dormitory's attic (Due to the extremely low temps), flooded 6 of my resident's rooms (I'm an Resident Assistant, I work as a Dorm mom essentially) and shut down my building until further notice, so I am stuck sleeping in an empty room in a different building until they can fix the problem, and clean up the extreme mess left. AND they delayed school starting until Monday now (I am not complaining about that, it gives me time to work on stuff before classes begin)....
Add that on top of a broken down car, Whooohooo, A GREAT start to the semester!.....
I'm looking forward getting back to a routine, and enjoying my last semester of college.
Good luck and enjoy the rest of the week!
Sorry about the stresses at the beginning of the semester. They suck, but you are dfinitely strong enough to make it past these obstacles. Take a deep breath and enjoy your last semester at school! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. As always, when I get a feeling like things are going well, something happens. I swear its the universe's way of keeping my humble, but man, I just want a streak where stuff goes right - just a small streak. Since August I have been plugging away at something. Work and Exam, Work/Trial. My holidays were killed as a result of the trial. My life was dwindled to nothing but work or studying, pretty much non-stop since late-August. Last week the trial ended, and I was so glad to be free. Until last night. Boyfriend borrowed my old car and it broke down. I am grateful that he made it home in the car but am fearful about the repair bill as I have been trying so hard to get finances in a row and pay off my law school debt faster. This is new issue just breaks me in a way, harder than it really should. Trying to be positive. Trying not to engage in emotional eating and am going to be hyper vigilant about my calories over the next few days. But man. Sometimes life just doesn't let up.

That being said - onward and upward.
I am sorry you are dealing with this. It sucks to have a plan and work toward it, only to have uncertainty creep back in. I hope the repair bill is not too high, and also that you get some breaks soon. You still have TONS of accomplishments that you can be proud of! I am glad you are trying to be positive. Do whatever you need to in prder to help yourself relax and feel more positive.

Quote:
Hope everyone had a great day.

It has been so cold lately that I can't convince my husband to bbq and I miss it! Supposed to be plus 7 Celcius here on Saturday so hopefully he will be more willing to go out there.
LOL I know, right? I cannot wait till hubby gets back out there to smoke some chickens, etc. We grill all year round, but THIS has been ridiculous!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:24 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Low Sugar Detour Bars

Discovered them once I was into maintenance and with all the travel we found ourselves in the middle of began using them. YEP..the are pretty good. I don't have any right now and can't remember where I found them. It actually may have been on one of my trips....and thinking maybe HEB in Austin Tx...but the groc store I use here on the east coast ...is not the place!

Last edited by 65X65; 01-09-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:42 PM   #156  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Reenhag: I like the low sugar Detour bars. One of the flavors is very similar to a Snickers candy bar. we buy the variety box at Sam's Club. Ironically, the variety is just two different flavors. lol.

Sarita: sorry to hear about your problems with the car. that is definitely one of those stresses that used to lead to bad eating for me. i am sending lots of good thoughts your way. i know you got this!

Deana: wow, so much happening! i have heard so many stories of things happening with this cold weather. a friend just had to move out of their apartment due to burst pipes. i hope things settle down into a normal routine soon for you.

shrinkingsusie: omg! i just told my dh "feel my knees, they are sharp!" lol. that's a funny and great NSV!

jendilly: congrats on your great start! you won't regret starting IP. I still can't believe how well it has worked for me.

douger: good luck to you and welcome back! the important thing is that you are starting again. the great thing about IP is that you have the tools to do this! i mentioned to dh that i was concerned about regaining and he said, "but you know what to do now". i know it is disheartening to gain weight back and i am sure you will learn a valuable lesson from it.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:47 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

haha love it! I actually had a similar experience this week. I could feel my hip bones! Since I carry most of my weight in my mid-section, this was a big deal to me!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #158  
Third time's the charm!

I am currently eating stir fry on top of cauliflower rice wondering why I didn't make cauliflower rice sooner! Yum! Even my husband liked it. It made nine cups, so I have seven 1 cup portions in ziploc bags in the freezer now! I think this is a new favourite!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:03 PM   #159  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
haha love it! I actually had a similar experience this week. I could feel my hip bones! Since I carry most of my weight in my mid-section, this was a big deal to me!
I carry a lot on my hips as well. Now every time my husband "spoons" me at night he complains I have a bony bum.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Went and had my weight in today after completing my 2nd week on IP. I love 4 pounds and 4.75 inches! I'm really happy with that, being that I've felt bloated, irregular and just off most of the week. That's a total of 13 pounds for my first 2 weeks. I'm happy with that for sure! My coach also gave me some Senna tea to try to help with my regularity. Hoping that works.
Fantastic! Be careful with the Senna ( I have used it for years) it works super well, you don't need much.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douger963 View Post
I'm back on IP. Unfortunately starting over. I had great success in 2011, losing over 100lbs. But sometime last year, I let it all go again. So I have 70lbs to lose again.

A couple of questions. I like this calorie free/sugar free/ drink called Zevia. However, it shows up as 5 carbs. The ingredient for sweetener is Erythritol.

Does anyone know if that really counts as carbs?

Also, lack of an exercising habit was likely a big reason I started to gain back. Of course, with what I was shoving in my face a bigger reason. I feel like I want to establish a better exercise habit, and a few months back I purchased a Treadclimber. So, I'm wondering if an extra packet after time on the Treadclimber would help keep the fire burning?
Welcome Back, I, too am back after reaching goal in 2011.... Yes to the extra packet or protein if you exercise. There is an IP exercise thread too.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:14 PM   #162  

Quote:

I have a bad back, so I always sleep with a pillow between my legs, it is great for your spine alignment. Not too thick of one
Old 01-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #163  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
I have a bad back, so I always sleep with a pillow between my legs, it is great for your spine alignment. Not too thick of one
I tried that before but I move around so much in my sleep it didn't work.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:00 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I carry a lot on my hips as well. Now every time my husband "spoons" me at night he complains I have a bony bum.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #165  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

So I meant with my company's well coach today. She looked at my numbers from my biometric screening and was like "oh everything's great compared to last year, but your weight is still a bit high for your height." I just grinned and said hey for giggles lets weigh me and see what is says today. There was a 13lb drop. on 11/9/13 I weighed 159, today it's 146 LOL. She looked at me, smile and said get out of my office you are doing great! LOL that clears for me for a $1200 bonus added to my HSA account for the year.
Closed Thread