Old 11-19-2013, 02:01 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 328.4/221.0/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
Another thought on the subject is that if you feel really, really insatiably hungry, I wonder if getting some extra fat would help - those extra calories only once in a while won't have a huge effect on a scale but may help with hunger without adding carbs or raising insulin.
I completely agree with this. 700 calories is really few and for some people may cause their bodies to go into full starvation mode. For those of us over 200lbs, our basal metabolic rate is higher and after weeks giving our bodies so few calories, I'm concerned that it wants to just shut down and hide until a higher calorie food source comes along.

A breakfast sandwich has always been comfort food for me. On really bad days (3 times in 8 weeks) I have one for dinner - English muffin from pancake mix, 2 whole eggs, full fat sausage (only 1g of carb) and a slice of full fat cheese. I make up for the extra protein and veggies with additional foods. So far I have always felt better physically and mentally the next day.

Extra fat only means extra calories to burn off before our stored fat is utilized. It won't hurt the kidneys as too much protein could (though I realize one extra packet does not have enough protein to hurt the kidneys) and it can't take us out of ketosis as carbs would.

I realize this means I'm not a 100%er and I'm ok with that. I understand the science of how the diet works and have to find a way to make it livable for me to stick with for the year or more it may take to loose everything I hope to loose. If it takes an extra month, then I am fine with that. I realize at a lower weight I may have to back off the extra fats though. I figure by the time I get there my body will require fewer daily calories and be happier only having the 700 the plan allows.
Wahoofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #197  

Height: 5' 5"

Hey all!

Whoo! I am TIRED today. I don't know what's up! I'm nicely OP today- I even are my salad at lunch (I did confess that I've been skipping the salads a lot). I wish I had the energy I normally have!

On another note (I only share this here because I feel comfortable with those on this thread) my TOM is so late! I expected it Thursday last week and still nothing. I'm not on BCP, so it's not IP messing with that. My cycles have been as long as 36 days in the past, so it's not unheard of. Every day I feel like it's coming- but it hasn't. Not sure if this is related to the tiredness, but there you go. This is where I'm at today.

I hope everyone is having an excellent day today. <- I wish I had his energy!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #198  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Hey all!

Whoo! I am TIRED today. I don't know what's up! I'm nicely OP today- I even are my salad at lunch (I did confess that I've been skipping the salads a lot). I wish I had the energy I normally have!

On another note (I only share this here because I feel comfortable with those on this thread) my TOM is so late! I expected it Thursday last week and still nothing. I'm not on BCP, so it's not IP messing with that. My cycles have been as long as 36 days in the past, so it's not unheard of. Every day I feel like it's coming- but it hasn't. Not sure if this is related to the tiredness, but there you go. This is where I'm at today.

Mine was a full 7 days late this month. I blamed it on starting IP and shocking my body. I am not on any BC either so I didn't know what else it couldn't of been. I hear IP does some weird stuff to us women lol
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #199  

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Mine was a full 7 days late this month. I blamed it on starting IP and shocking my body. I am not on any BC either so I didn't know what else it couldn't of been. I hear IP does some weird stuff to us women lol
Thanks for the reply. I know it is likely the change in diet. I just want it to come so I don't have to wait and feel icky any longer! It is good to know I'm in good company
Old 11-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoofan View Post
I completely agree with this. 700 calories is really few and for some people may cause their bodies to go into full starvation mode. For those of us over 200lbs, our basal metabolic rate is higher and after weeks giving our bodies so few calories, I'm concerned that it wants to just shut down and hide until a higher calorie food source comes along.

A breakfast sandwich has always been comfort food for me. On really bad days (3 times in 8 weeks) I have one for dinner - English muffin from pancake mix, 2 whole eggs, full fat sausage (only 1g of carb) and a slice of full fat cheese. I make up for the extra protein and veggies with additional foods. So far I have always felt better physically and mentally the next day.

Extra fat only means extra calories to burn off before our stored fat is utilized. It won't hurt the kidneys as too much protein could (though I realize one extra packet does not have enough protein to hurt the kidneys) and it can't take us out of ketosis as carbs would.

I realize this means I'm not a 100%er and I'm ok with that. I understand the science of how the diet works and have to find a way to make it livable for me to stick with for the year or more it may take to loose everything I hope to loose. If it takes an extra month, then I am fine with that. I realize at a lower weight I may have to back off the extra fats though. I figure by the time I get there my body will require fewer daily calories and be happier only having the 700 the plan allows.

There is definitely evidence that the body goes through a reset once 10% of body weight is lost. It becomes more efficient at using the energy it ingests or has stored. A friend once described a chronic dieter's body as a Prius, while the body of a "never been fat and eat anything without gaining an ounce" as a one ton pickup! Great analogy, dang it!!
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #201  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
A friend once described a chronic dieter's body as a Prius, while the body of a "never been fat and eat anything without gaining an ounce" as a one ton pickup! Great analogy, dang it!!
This made me LOL.

Out thread slipped to page 2! I had to resurrect it. I'm feeling much better today than yesterday. I had the typical keto energy this morning when I went to do a presentation to a bunch of grade 9 kids. LOL I hope I woke them up!

My feminine issues have resolved themselves, so that's a relief too!

I'm with Wahoofan completely. I never post in the 100% thread because I know that I am never 100%. I doubt most of us are, considering all of the variations across clinics. I am currently over 200 lbs and I've been eating an extra packet (sometimes 2) in a day as needed. I have no guilt about it. I'm still losing. I may not lose 5 lbs/week, but I'm not in a race, that I'm aware of.

The biggest part of this journey for me is learning about my body and giving it what it needs in the right amounts. I failed at that after my first go at maintenance. This time I will pay closer attention to what I can and can't eat before I backslide. It's not just about following a protocol.

I found a new goal today. I tried on a pair of pants that are currently not fitting me (like, at all ) They fit last year. I will make sure they fit again soon!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day- their own way!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #202  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Hey all!

LOL I wish also I had the carrots energy!!!
I'm having the same issues with TOM, I was told it could be the diet or the meds I'm in, so I'm not 100% sure who to blame lol
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #203  
Fresh start

Quote:
This made me LOL.

Out thread slipped to page 2! I had to resurrect it. I'm feeling much better today than yesterday. I had the typical keto energy this morning when I went to do a presentation to a bunch of grade 9 kids. LOL I hope I woke them up!

My feminine issues have resolved themselves, so that's a relief too!

I'm with Wahoofan completely. I never post in the 100% thread because I know that I am never 100%. I doubt most of us are, considering all of the variations across clinics. I am currently over 200 lbs and I've been eating an extra packet (sometimes 2) in a day as needed. I have no guilt about it. I'm still losing. I may not lose 5 lbs/week, but I'm not in a race, that I'm aware of.

The biggest part of this journey for me is learning about my body and giving it what it needs in the right amounts. I failed at that after my first go at maintenance. This time I will pay closer attention to what I can and can't eat before I backslide. It's not just about following a protocol.

I found a new goal today. I tried on a pair of pants that are currently not fitting me (like, at all ) They fit last year. I will make sure they fit again soon!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day- their own way!
I agree! This journey is a learning experience as to what my body takes, needs process, etc... Or what not, I don't want to depend on packets my whole life - I eventually want to be able to manage this naturally, and I'm going Paleo after I phase off, I have done a lot of research and I thought WW would work but not I will not, I already tried the program... So I'm reading about Paleo, tried some desserts Paleo style, some meals, and I'm pleased.

I'm sure your pants will fit you soon!
New goals ae exciting but sometimes it was for me like hmmmmm why did I do this LOL keep going even though you feel like I did, you'll be so proud when you accomplish your goal good luck!
Old 11-20-2013, 05:31 PM   #204  
Fresh start

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
(in red is WI #3 results)

claustin (-6.8)+(-1.6)=-8.4 (11.6 to go 'till Christmas)
CleverName (-6?) (14 to go 'till Christmas)
foreveryoung (?)
learning to fly (-5)+(-1.4)=-6.4 (13.6 to go 'till Christmas)
rosemary2612 (?)
sunshine1986 (-4.1) (15.9 to go 'till Christmas)
SusanneXo90 (-3.2)+(-2.8)=-6 (14 to go 'till Christmas)

Woohoo! I lost 1.4 lbs!! Yay, I'm so happy, given I was off-P (in a major way) for 3 days! I weigh 231.6 - the ticker seems to be disregarding decimals and rounding-UP the loss (my loss so far over the two weeks is 6.4 lbs).
I'm out of the state, I don't have access to a scale! I'm just hoping for the best, and enjoying my vacation, I'm add in lots of walk and water, as soon as I weight in next Friday when I get back I will report
I'm so proud of you ladies, you are pulling off great numbers!
Old 11-21-2013, 12:19 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

So I made it through my hunger fest the other night on plan (pat on the back), only to come to work last night and have a truly horrible night. I mean truly horrible night. I am a charge nurse on a very busy oncology unit and had another RN totally go off this AM right before end of shift. Unprofessional, screaming and waving the finger in my face kinda horrible. She was clearly wrong in her actions, I handled it very well at the time. HOWEVER, when I got home, got the kids off to school and came home to ponder it, it made me angry & there it came... the hunger fest of all sorts! So, I ate a hard boiled egg. Then I ate some lunch meat.... looked at the info (60 cal, 1 carb for 5 slices) I had 10.... finally at 10:30 this AM, I went to bed, slept like crap and then agreed to come back into work for my 4th 12h shift because we are so short staffed.... my conclusion... I am clearly an emotional eater! I have to weigh in tomorrow... ugh! On the plus side, I avoided the pizza, taco dip & chips and all sorts of candy my boss provided for the night crew for working so hard. And the Arby's my husband bought to feed the kids since I was too tired to cook for everyone @ home before leaving for work.
So heres to getting me through this shift and through my weigh in, so I can get my motivation back, because it ALMOST went out the door this AM when I was so emotional.

Last edited by sunshine1986; 11-21-2013 at 12:30 AM.
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:32 AM   #206  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I think you did pretty darn good sunshine all things considered.......at least you reached for healhier choices.........that means so far you have learned some things.......
locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #207  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1986 View Post
So I made it through my hunger fest the other night on plan (pat on the back), only to come to work last night and have a truly horrible night. I mean truly horrible night. I am a charge nurse on a very busy oncology unit and had another RN totally go off this AM right before end of shift. Unprofessional, screaming and waving the finger in my face kinda horrible. She was clearly wrong in her actions, I handled it very well at the time. HOWEVER, when I got home, got the kids off to school and came home to ponder it, it made me angry & there it came... the hunger fest of all sorts! So, I ate a hard boiled egg. Then I ate some lunch meat.... looked at the info (60 cal, 1 carb for 5 slices) I had 10.... finally at 10:30 this AM, I went to bed, slept like crap and then agreed to come back into work for my 4th 12h shift because we are so short staffed.... my conclusion... I am clearly an emotional eater! I have to weigh in tomorrow... ugh! On the plus side, I avoided the pizza, taco dip & chips and all sorts of candy my boss provided for the night crew for working so hard. And the Arby's my husband bought to feed the kids since I was too tired to cook for everyone @ home before leaving for work.
So heres to getting me through this shift and through my weigh in, so I can get my motivation back, because it ALMOST went out the door this AM when I was so emotional.
Yup, I agree that you did really well. I am sorry that you had a rough day.

I'm doing ok. Just sticking to the plan. I haven't weighed myself since Monday and I'm dying to get on the scale, but I assume that with TOM I won't like what I see.

The one thing I am dealing with now is that my skin is super dry. I've been taking 4 fish oil caps/day and using my allowed oils, but I am dry as a lizard! (I don't actually know if lizards are dry, really)

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #208  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

How has everyone's week been so far? I have been following plan 100% but for some reason, this time around, I'm not feeling as good as I did before. Maybe this is because I know what it is like to weigh less, but I am feeling bloated and as though my body is struggling to lose the weight. The only thing different I am doing this time around is the mangosteen, but I doubt that would effect anything that much, but maybe I will give plain water a try and see how that goes; my body is very sensitive so maybe the extra potassium in the water enhancer is effecting something, who knows.
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:05 PM   #209  

Default Restarting

Hi I would love some support. I restarted ideal protein yesterday. I was successful on IP before but didn't phase off properly so I ended up gaining the weight back. I know that if I stick to IP I can be the weight I want to be and finally stop struggling with body issues!

I'm here to support anyone who needs it

Kristyn
kristynajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:27 PM   #210  

This is a very supportive group. It's good to have you here!