Old 11-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #181  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanneXo90 View Post
Hey everyone, haven't been on for a few days but glad to see everyone trying their best and sticking to plan. I had my weigh in this morning and was only down 2.8 pounds. I had way bigger drops the first time on IP, anyone noticing a difference as far as weigh ins go? Does anyone have any advice as to how to increase the weight loss to be greater each week? Thanks Happy weekend to you all!
All I can do is repeat what I have heard others say on this forum: make sure you drink lots of water, if you have been constipated for a few days you may be carrying several pounds of weight there, make sure you don't skip the salt and the oil, and don't exercise - or if you do exercise, then make sure your heart rate doesn't get too high (i.e., decrease intensity of exercise to half of what you would normally do) AND drink extra packet or two soon after the exercise.

Another thing that I haven't read being discussed, but I totally think it makes perfect sense, is that the diet calls for unchanged amount of calories and everything whether you are 300 lbs or 150 lbs, and that doesn't make sense to me. I agree that I wouldn't want to limit caloric intake too much, but a little decrease as I get smaller seems reasonable, for the purpose of keeping the losses from getting so small that they become discouraging.... But I may be totally wrong, maybe it's unhealthy, I don't know.
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #182  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hey just checking in. I am re starting today! I hope you all have an awesome IP day!
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanneXo90 View Post
Thanks for keeping track of all of our weigh ins learning to fly! And good weigh in considering not fully being OP!!
You're welcome, and thanks! I'm looking forward to all of us reaching our individual goals.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:50 PM   #183  

Height: 5' 5"

Hello all!

It has been a super busy weekend. It was a struggle to manage my eating during such a busy time. I can't say I did well, but it wasn't a disaster.

WI today and I am down 3.6 lbs from last week. I think it's a miracle since I didn't eat properly or drink nearly enough water over the weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous WI for those who do it today!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Hey just checking in. I am re starting today! I hope you all have an awesome IP day!
Yay Vet. welcome back. I am here again too!!!
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:09 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Not caught back onto the program yet - falling off has been really really hard and I am looking for the motivation to get back on it!

Sometimes, I can know when it is right because it is like a light bulb going off in my head, but that hasn't hit yet.

I am back to the old Monday morning routine of swearing that this is the beginning of the week that I will restart my diet stuff that I have gone through all my life.

I have not gone way off, still about 3 pounds over my lowest but it is the lack of mental dedication that is scaring me.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #186  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Hello all!

It has been a super busy weekend. It was a struggle to manage my eating during such a busy time. I can't say I did well, but it wasn't a disaster.

WI today and I am down 3.6 lbs from last week. I think it's a miracle since I didn't eat properly or drink nearly enough water over the weekend.

I hope everyone has a great day and a fabulous WI for those who do it today!
Whoooooohooooo wether is a miracle or not take it my friend and dance around congrats!
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 03:40 PM   #187  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Not caught back onto the program yet - falling off has been really really hard and I am looking for the motivation to get back on it!

Sometimes, I can know when it is right because it is like a light bulb going off in my head, but that hasn't hit yet.

I am back to the old Monday morning routine of swearing that this is the beginning of the week that I will restart my diet stuff that I have gone through all my life.

I have not gone way off, still about 3 pounds over my lowest but it is the lack of mental dedication that is scaring me.
One meal at the time I always say to myself, keep trying, don't give up... Motivation and commitment will get to you, keep pushing, don't get discourage, we are in the same boat
Hugs to you, let's do this
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #188  

Quote:
I don't really understand, do you only have 3 pounds to lose? I'm going to assume you have a lot more to lose, so that what I am about to suggest would make sense: surefire way for me to know with utmost certainty that I need to lose weight is to go to a store and try some clothes on. There is especially the one particular store that has the most awful mirrors in the changing room and I am always horrified when I look at my body in those mirrors. Plus I realize what a huge size I need and how bad it looks on me versus the skinny model.

There are many ways you can re-motivate yourself, and this one was just one example. But I do feel your pain, for me, lack of motivation is something that plagued me my whole life.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
(in red is WI #3 results)

claustin (-6.8)+(-1.6)=-8.4 (11.6 to go 'till Christmas)
CleverName (-6?) (14 to go 'till Christmas)
foreveryoung (?)
learning to fly (-5)+(-1.4)=-6.4 (13.6 to go 'till Christmas)
rosemary2612 (?)
sunshine1986 (-4.1) (15.9 to go 'till Christmas)
SusanneXo90 (-3.2)+(-2.8)=-6 (14 to go 'till Christmas)

Woohoo! I lost 1.4 lbs!! Yay, I'm so happy, given I was off-P (in a major way) for 3 days! I weigh 231.6 - the ticker seems to be disregarding decimals and rounding-UP the loss (my loss so far over the two weeks is 6.4 lbs).
CONGRATS!!! That is so awesome and you were so worried yesterday. But maybe its a good way to keep the mind straight!! Enjoy your week OP
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

Okay so today has been a really hard one for me. I feel like I have an empty pit in my stomach and could eat anything and everything! Its crazy how you have days like that. I am guessing it is because I have not had enough veges & that I didn't get enough sleep when I got off work this AM. I did all my grocery shopping for this week and next. Wanted to be beat the Thanksgiving crowds. I ate a good solid dinner, but I forgot tohave my protein shake before I went to bed, which makes me wake up totally hungry. Have already had one shake at work but am going to try another one to see if that works. Thoughts?
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:39 AM   #191  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

sunshine1986 I find that I sometimes have days like that too. I know they say when you are in ketosis you are never hungry, I usually am not hungry but there are days when I am in ketosis and I am hungry. Stock up on lettuce for times you are in a bind - or what I do is get some walden farms cinnamon raison peanut butter and will have a spoonful that usually does me over for awhile. If you forget any of your protein packets throughout the day, you can have them whenever to make sure you get them in, just as long as you get them in!
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreveryoung View Post
One meal at the time I always say to myself, keep trying, don't give up... Motivation and commitment will get to you, keep pushing, don't get discourage, we are in the same boat
Hugs to you, let's do this
Thank you for the hug, all the way from wherever in Washington - couldn't be too far from me!

I did take one meal at a time and finally made it through one day 100% on program. And finally today I hit a weight lower than when I "dropped out".

That gives me great motivation to get going in the positive direction. Again, one hour, one meal, one day....
Old 11-19-2013, 11:21 AM   #193  

Quote:
I did take one meal at a time and finally made it through one day 100% on program. And finally today I hit a weight lower than when I "dropped out".
I'm so happy for you, and so proud of you!

I did okay yesterday too - I was craving the sugar rush but didn't succumb to it.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:27 AM   #194  

Default I am confusing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
I don't really understand, do you only have 3 pounds to lose? I'm going to assume you have a lot more to lose, so that what I am about to suggest would make sense: surefire way for me to know with utmost certainty that I need to lose weight is to go to a store and try some clothes on. There is especially the one particular store that has the most awful mirrors in the changing room and I am always horrified when I look at my body in those mirrors. Plus I realize what a huge size I need and how bad it looks on me versus the skinny model.

There are many ways you can re-motivate yourself, and this one was just one example. But I do feel your pain, for me, lack of motivation is something that plagued me my whole life.
Thanks, leaningtofly. First, I had 3 pounds to lose of the 10 I had gained when I went off program. I have 69 to lose total, still left.

I think tomorrow I will take your suggestion because I do not reall have a good idea of what the 41 pounds I have lost actually looks like. I think we never really have an accurate picture of our weight because it is a way of being in denial when it is really high. That is why when I see a photograph I freak because I cannot believe how out of hand I let it get.

Our son announced his engagement recently and I have until October of next year to pull off a stunning loss! I have another family wedding in July (in hot sweltering Atlanta) so I also want to be healthy and skinny by then so I do not sweat to death. Great motivation - clothes!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:33 AM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshine1986 View Post
Okay so today has been a really hard one for me. I feel like I have an empty pit in my stomach and could eat anything and everything! Its crazy how you have days like that. I am guessing it is because I have not had enough veges & that I didn't get enough sleep when I got off work this AM. I did all my grocery shopping for this week and next. Wanted to be beat the Thanksgiving crowds. I ate a good solid dinner, but I forgot tohave my protein shake before I went to bed, which makes me wake up totally hungry. Have already had one shake at work but am going to try another one to see if that works. Thoughts?
I heard people say and I do believe that the "empty pit" and "gnawing hunger" feeling means you are going to have a big whoosh.

Also I too feel hungry - in some kind of crazed way, craving fast carbs - when I'm tired.

I'd say definitely have another packet when you feel you need it, because even the most restricted one is really not that many calories and sometimes the body needs them if you have spent too much during the day's activities.

Another thought on the subject is that if you feel really, really insatiably hungry, I wonder if getting some extra fat would help - those extra calories only once in a while won't have a huge effect on a scale but may help with hunger without adding carbs or raising insulin.