Old 11-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #166  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

I hope everyone is doing "better than I am".....The last 3 days I totally fell of the wagon and ate lots of carbs and lots of calories. It all started because one day I was unprepared for being out and without IP friendly food for too many hours - longer than I thought I'd be, and in the end I broke down and had a subway footlong. But after that I just kept on eating cookies and apples and cottage cheese and brownies and the whole pizza and sugary coca cola and ...don't even remember all that I had eaten over the 3 days. I just hope that whatever weight I gained will not be fat but glycogen, water, and such.

I'm not exactly losing heart over this, just wish I had only one day off program as opposed to 3 days. I don't know if this is smart, but I think I may have to plan how to "fail" in a way that is least damaging..."harm reduction" approach of sorts. I'm thinking that the next time I feel that I will fall off the wagon, I need to go and buy whole bunch of fruit and make oatmeal and just gorge on those, which will be more nutritious and "good for me" than eating cookies and similar.

I am OP today (well, so far) and we'll see what damage was done tomorrow morning when I weigh in.

But, I think I will just keep repeating the mantra to myself: progress, not perfection!!! (As long as there is progress, that is...)

Stay strong, group! And don't do as I do.....
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 06:38 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
I hope everyone is doing "better than I am".....The last 3 days I totally fell of the wagon and ate lots of carbs and lots of calories. It all started because one day I was unprepared for being out and without IP friendly food for too many hours - longer than I thought I'd be, and in the end I broke down and had a subway footlong. But after that I just kept on eating cookies and apples and cottage cheese and brownies and the whole pizza and sugary coca cola and ...don't even remember all that I had eaten over the 3 days. I just hope that whatever weight I gained will not be fat but glycogen, water, and such.

I'm not exactly losing heart over this, just wish I had only one day off program as opposed to 3 days. I don't know if this is smart, but I think I may have to plan how to "fail" in a way that is least damaging..."harm reduction" approach of sorts. I'm thinking that the next time I feel that I will fall off the wagon, I need to go and buy whole bunch of fruit and make oatmeal and just gorge on those, which will be more nutritious and "good for me" than eating cookies and similar.

I am OP today (well, so far) and we'll see what damage was done tomorrow morning when I weigh in.

But, I think I will just keep repeating the mantra to myself: progress, not perfection!!! (As long as there is progress, that is...)

Welcome back. The tortilla chips at the Mexican restaurant were fun to watch!! They jumped out of the basket and into the salsa and down my throat!! Can you imagine?? Seriously I chose to eat them and today I'm back on the wagon!!

Glad u made it back as well.
swimcoachmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #168  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:

Just get back on the wagon and next time you are in that situation buy a pure protein bar or go to subway again but get a chicken and spinach salad. They are so good and you can put on it the same things you put on a sandwich. You can do this! You deserve this. Be strong. I don't know where I got this but I read it often to remind myself it takes work. "It takes an extraordinary effort to reach an extraordinary result. If you think you can achieve great things, using average efforts you're only kidding yourself."

Last edited by Hockeymom40; 11-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #169  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
Good morning all. Hope all is well. I have slain another dragon.... The professional conference. (Spoiler alert: I was not 100 percent). Worked all day Thursday and drove 3.5 hours to conference. Had had my 3 usual meals that day and snacked on jicama on the way. Had late dinner of a salad with grilled chicken and a bit of bleu cheese crumbles. Conference day started with a shake. Walked past the fruit, yogurt, muffins, scones, etc. morning break. Jicama and kohlrabi. Lunch was an Italian buffet!! Big salad with regular dressing and 3 meatballs. In the past it would have been spaghetti, lasagna, meatballs and at least two desserts. Afternoon snack jicama and kohlrabi while the buffet was popcorn, trail mix, brownies and cookies. Supper at Applebee's with chicken, grilled veg. Not perfect but not a disaster. Home now with coffee, shake, tea, and water. Gonna pee out the salt load!!

Have a great day ladies.
I think you did really great! If I ate Caesar salad I would eat the cheese and it really didn't affect my losses since it was only occasionally. I think you will be fine.
Hockeymom40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #170  

Thanks swimcoach and hockeymom! I do like this quote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeymom40 View Post
"It takes an extraordinary effort to reach an extraordinary result. If you think you can achieve great things, using average efforts you're only kidding yourself."
Old 11-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #171  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:

Welcome back! We live and learn I'm glad you're back OP.
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #172  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

These days are "hard" but we can do it let's keep pushing the train... Motivation and encouragement are really helping me
foreveryoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

At work tonight and it is absolutely freezing. Decided last week when buying product to give the hot chocolate a try with much persuasion from my coach. I am in shock because it is SO good. I feel like I am totally cheating tonight! Will have to remember this for next week because this is a real treat and will satisfy the need for sweets.
Congrats to everyone who is back on plan. The hardest part is coming back and you all did it!
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 238.6/207.8/150

Height: 5"8

sunshine1986 Is the hot chocolate a new product from IP or are you using alternative products?

Happy Monday everyone! Here's to the start of an OP week!
SusanneXo90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #175  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanneXo90 View Post
sunshine1986 Is the hot chocolate a new product from IP or are you using alternative products?

Happy Monday everyone! Here's to the start of an OP week!
I think she is talking about the Chocolate Drink mix warmed up....I have it every morning for breakfast! Delicious!!
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #176  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Today is weigh-in number 3....I had a feeling the scale wouldn't move and I wasn't far off. Down 1.6 this week. But I'll take it seeing how my last 2 weigh-ins were big. But really hoping for 3 or higher next week. Got to get out of the 150's! Then I'll start to feel good about myself and this diet. This is the biggest I've been besides being pregnant and its really taking a toll on my self-esteem. My current weight is what I was this past spring when I decided to try IP. Which is depressing considering I have been on round 2 since Nov 1. But, nonetheless, I will keep going and I will get back to goal. And hopefully have the will power and stamina to stay there!

Happy Monday everyone!
claustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #177  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Hey just checking in. I am re starting today! I hope you all have an awesome IP day!
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #178  

Thanks Claustin, I figured that was what she meant, just thought I'd check!
Old 11-18-2013, 12:22 PM   #179  

Default Week 3

(in red is WI #3 results)

claustin (-6.8)+(-1.6)=-8.4 (11.6 to go 'till Christmas)
CleverName (-6?) (14 to go 'till Christmas)
foreveryoung (?)
learning to fly (-5)+(-1.4)=-6.4 (13.6 to go 'till Christmas)
rosemary2612 (?)
sunshine1986 (-4.1) (15.9 to go 'till Christmas)
SusanneXo90 (-3.2)+(-2.8)=-6 (14 to go 'till Christmas)

Woohoo! I lost 1.4 lbs!! Yay, I'm so happy, given I was off-P (in a major way) for 3 days! I weigh 231.6 - the ticker seems to be disregarding decimals and rounding-UP the loss (my loss so far over the two weeks is 6.4 lbs).

Last edited by learning to fly; 11-18-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: updated tickers since posting
Old 11-18-2013, 12:33 PM   #180  

Thanks for keeping track of all of our weigh ins learning to fly! And good weigh in considering not fully being OP!!