Old 10-17-2013, 09:10 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
This thread is for me.

Only on day three but I know the time will come that I will indulge in something I'm not supposed to. I've been good so far. I am tempted all day long at work. I work in the high school cafeteria. Lot's of unhealthy but delicious foods. Then there's the wine calling my name or maybe some vodka... Geesh. The no glass or two at night will be really hard for me to give up. Anyways you guys truly inspire me. I look at those tickers and it gives me strength to carry on. I am doing IP with alternatives. I am a widow with two teenagers and simply could never even consider to use the real deal.
Welcome to the real life living day to day as a person thread!! to you for starting IP with Alts!!! Good luck!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #347  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
What kind is that?
It's called fry's cocoa powder
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:02 PM   #348  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

So sweetie and I went to Applebee's for dinner tonight. We had a great meal. Our waiter was awesome. I ordered the sirloin with double veggies no butter and he was like okay no problem then he offered a salad. I forgot to tell him no croutons and when he saw me picking them off he got worried! I was like no biggie I can pull them out, but he imitated on re making the salad!
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:53 AM   #349  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

So... I'm mostly on plan, the only thing I do that isn't on plan is every day, around 10:30 or 11:00 am, I have a keurig cappuccino. Is this really messing me up? I'm sure to continue drinking water the rest of the day, and it's not as 'bad' as a full cappuccino from Tim Hortons for example. I just don't have 2-3 snacks a day, and so the cappuccino really does, even if only an illusion, fill my stomach and help me make it to lunch time. I'm still losing, but I'm wondering if it would be faster without my daily cappuccino. ?
KryssyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 10:55 AM   #350  

S/C/G: 236.6/218.0/165

Height: 5'7"

My eating kind of went off the rails yesterday. It is kind of weird - my belly is not feeling so good but I have a level of mental clarity today that I have not had for quite some time, like a fog has lifted that I didn't even realize was there.
MrsBez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:04 AM   #351  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryssyBee View Post
So... I'm mostly on plan, the only thing I do that isn't on plan is every day, around 10:30 or 11:00 am, I have a keurig cappuccino. Is this really messing me up? I'm sure to continue drinking water the rest of the day, and it's not as 'bad' as a full cappuccino from Tim Hortons for example. I just don't have 2-3 snacks a day, and so the cappuccino really does, even if only an illusion, fill my stomach and help me make it to lunch time. I'm still losing, but I'm wondering if it would be faster without my daily cappuccino. ?
Hard to answer your question without knowing the specific nutritional stats for the Keurig cappuccino that you're drinking. But I'd check into it if I were you... out of curiosity I googled and found this info for a 'Coffee Keurig French Vanilla Cappuccino' - I have no idea how this one compares to the one you're drinking - but this one definitely contains extra fat/carbs/sugar. You should check the nutritional stats of anything that's not on the strict protocol so that you're not accidentally sabotaging yourself.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/cal...ccino-63378037

I use a cappuccino protein powder, blended in black coffee with about 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk. It satisfies that cappuccino urge, and the nutritional values are much better than the Keurig item noted above. It's delicious too. Here's the link to where I discuss this and other alternative protein powders in my blog :- http://diettalktoday.com/alternative...-drink-shakes/

Last edited by evepet; 10-18-2013 at 11:09 AM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:11 AM   #352  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Hard to answer your question without knowing the specific nutritional stats for the Keurig cappuccino that you're drinking. But I'd check into it if I were you... out of curiosity I googled and found this info for a 'Coffee Keurig French Vanilla Cappuccino' - I have no idea how this one compares to the one you're drinking - but this one definitely contains extra fat/carbs/sugar. You should check the nutritional stats of anything that's not on the strict protocol so that you're not accidentally sabotaging yourself.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/cal...ccino-63378037

I use a cappuccino protein powder, blended in black coffee with about 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk. It satisfies that cappuccino urge, and the nutritional values are much better than the Keurig item noted above. It's delicious too. Here's the link to where I discuss this and other alternative protein powders in my blog :- http://diettalktoday.com/alternative...-drink-shakes/

This is the exact one I am drinking... *sigh* I will go back to attempting to split up my snacks.

Thank you!!

BTW... your blog is the first one I went to when I was switching to alternative, so thanks!
KryssyBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:47 AM   #353  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Hi friends. Hey I'm going to Olive Garden tonight with friends and I'm trying to decide what would be the best choice for me. I'm comparing nutrition info from their website. They have Venetian apricot chicken (400 cals, 34 carb, 6 fiber, 7 g of fat, 51 g of protein) or the herb-grilled salmon (590 cals, 8 carb, 4 fiber, 39 g fat, 55 G protein). I realize both of these dishes probably have things in them that aren't OP, which is why I'm posting this question here instead of other places. I vow to stay away from the breadsticks, get the light dressing on my salad, no croutons. But does anyone know which meal option would be the best and do the least damage to my progress? I'm thinking 28 net carbs in the chicken is a deal breaker, but the salmon has so many calories and fat, I'm torn. Please help!

Last edited by Meeshellee; 10-18-2013 at 11:49 AM.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 11:59 AM   #354  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am down 2.4 lbs this week. I know that not being 100% factors into a smaller loss. BUT I am human and I have a 2 year old (no excuse I know) but being a SAHM has it major challenges. But I will plug away!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #355  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Hi friends. Hey I'm going to Olive Garden tonight with friends and I'm trying to decide what would be the best choice for me. I'm comparing nutrition info from their website. They have Venetian apricot chicken (400 cals, 34 carb, 6 fiber, 7 g of fat, 51 g of protein) or the herb-grilled salmon (590 cals, 8 carb, 4 fiber, 39 g fat, 55 G protein). I realize both of these dishes probably have things in them that aren't OP, which is why I'm posting this question here instead of other places. I vow to stay away from the breadsticks, get the light dressing on my salad, no croutons. But does anyone know which meal option would be the best and do the least damage to my progress? I'm thinking 28 net carbs in the chicken is a deal breaker, but the salmon has so many calories and fat, I'm torn. Please help!
I'm not an expert by any means, but Im pretty sure that it's better to have more fat than to have more carbs, I'm pretty sure the salmon is your better choice, because its a net carb of 4, which is really good, and won't knock you out of Ketosis from my understanding... But then again, I don't know too much since I'm only a month old on the program.... Maybe see if they can keep the apricot sauce off the chicken? That's what is probably adding so many carbs from the sugars...
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #356  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Quote:
Whenever I'm in a restaurant I ask them to just do a breast of plain grilled chicken, no butter or sauces on it, just spice, or an 8 oz plain grilled steak - with a double side of plain roasted or grilled vegetables. May not be on the menu but very simple for most kitchens to do.

Kathy
GettinHealthyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #357  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
I vote for picking the protein you prefer, but asking them to leave the sauce off the chicken (maybe on the side and a little dipping?) or using less butter/oil/etc. on whatever you choose. Or have a plain grilled protein. I'd be worried about sugar/carbs in whatever sauces they're using.

Either way, definitely enjoy your night out! Time with those we love (family or friends) is meant to be enjoyed!
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #358  
IP start date 09/09/2013

S/C/G: 344/338/165

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
I vote for picking the protein you prefer, but asking them to leave the sauce off the chicken (maybe on the side and a little dipping?) or using less butter/oil/etc. on whatever you choose. Or have a plain grilled protein. I'd be worried about sugar/carbs in whatever sauces they're using.

Either way, definitely enjoy your night out! Time with those we love (family or friends) is meant to be enjoyed!
I really wouldn't do the chicken with sauce. That number of carbs will likely kick you right out of ketosis. I think that you could probably do either dish as long as you don't get the sauce and ask them to cook it dry or use only a small amount of olive oil.

Also, don't ask for the "light" dressing on the salad. Many light dressings have loads of extra sugar because they replace healthy oils in the dressing with sugar. I usually ask them to give me olive oil and apple cider vinegar on the side for the salad or bring my own dressing with me in my purse.

Anita

Last edited by Skeeterab; 10-18-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Skeeterab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #359  

Quote:
I have been to Olive Garden since I started and I ordered a salad with plain grilled chicken and the full fat dressing because it has no sugar. As someone else mentioned light dressings are full of sugar! Good luck and have fun!
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 04:53 PM   #360  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
I have been to Olive Garden since I started and I ordered a salad with plain grilled chicken and the full fat dressing because it has no sugar. As someone else mentioned light dressings are full of sugar! Good luck and have fun!
I didn't even think about the added sugar! Thank you for that. I will compare nutrition info for the dressing on MFP
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote