Old 10-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I just want to give a HUGE to all my real living life Ipers. You guys are wonderful!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #362  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

UGH. I just have to get this out! I am so frustrated! I am stuck in such a RUT. Here's my problem:

a) I am finding it almost impossible to follow the plan 100%. I have small deviations each day for example: off plan prepackaged salad meals, creamer in my coffee, peas+carrots as my veggie, 35cal 0% MF yogurt cup...

b) I am not losing any weight. I have been hovering around 207-209 for days on end.

Yes, I know the 100%ers who read this will be like you fool you are answering your own question- of course you aren't losing because you are cheating! HOWEVER...I still feel like i am dieting! I am tracking in MFP and I am 1200-1400 cal a day, low carbs...fat is sometimes high. Like I am still under my BMR for the day- you would think I would still lose at least a bit every week!? I know in my heart what I need to do- get back on plan 100% no ifs ands or buts...but I just can't I always fall off the wagon everyday- make myself feel guilty and like a failure...and do it again the next day. it's a vicious cycle. I just don't know what to do. I want to lose weight more than anything...so why cant I just hunker down and do it? i did so well for 5 weeks...and now i've lost it all. Thankfully I haven't put back on any of the 20lbs i've lost but still. Not feelin too hot mentally these days. Advice anyone? Should I switch diets??? maybe try something other than ideal protein?! I think I am going to have to break up with my clinic anyway....they are starting to wonder why I am not buying the proper amounts of food...and I am sporadically weighing in.
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #363  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
UGH. I just have to get this out! I am so frustrated! I am stuck in such a RUT. Here's my problem:

a) I am finding it almost impossible to follow the plan 100%. I have small deviations each day for example: off plan prepackaged salad meals, creamer in my coffee, peas+carrots as my veggie, 35cal 0% MF yogurt cup...

b) I am not losing any weight. I have been hovering around 207-209 for days on end.

Yes, I know the 100%ers who read this will be like you fool you are answering your own question- of course you aren't losing because you are cheating! HOWEVER...I still feel like i am dieting! I am tracking in MFP and I am 1200-1400 cal a day, low carbs...fat is sometimes high. Like I am still under my BMR for the day- you would think I would still lose at least a bit every week!? I know in my heart what I need to do- get back on plan 100% no ifs ands or buts...but I just can't I always fall off the wagon everyday- make myself feel guilty and like a failure...and do it again the next day. it's a vicious cycle. I just don't know what to do. I want to lose weight more than anything...so why cant I just hunker down and do it? i did so well for 5 weeks...and now i've lost it all. Thankfully I haven't put back on any of the 20lbs i've lost but still. Not feelin too hot mentally these days. Advice anyone? Should I switch diets??? maybe try something other than ideal protein?! I think I am going to have to break up with my clinic anyway....they are starting to wonder why I am not buying the proper amounts of food...and I am sporadically weighing in.
I wish I had some wonderful words of wisdom to help. Unfortunately the only thing I can really say is that I am so sorry you are struggling so much with this. I think the most important thing you can do is give yourself a break and not be so hard on yourself. IP is a really difficult thing and I think it is harder for some than it is for others. We are all so very different. Maybe you should step away from it for a bit, and just maintain, to give yourself a needed break from the stress it is causing you. I have read others stating that stress causes cortisol which leads to weight gain or stalls.

Prior to IP I tried a low carb diet, very low calories, but included dairy and fruit. I lost 1 1/2 lbs in 3 months. I just couldn't understand it. I am sure there are others with more valuable insight to offer. I just wanted you to know you are not alone in this, and I hope you are able to find a way to move forward with a workable plan for you....and be proud of the work you have already done, and the weight you have already lost.

Last edited by dak1lls; 10-19-2013 at 01:22 AM.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 01:26 AM   #364  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

The plan is to stay low in calories and in ketosis. Ketosis should work for everybody at or below 50 g of carbs/day. Your calorie level may not give you the fast losses that a 100% IP plan gives you. But then, what do you mean by hovering for days? If it is only days, rather than weeks, you may just be impatient. Sometimes after loosing a considerable amount (which you did), your body may play catch-up. Maybe introduce some exercise, like strength training. At 1400 calories, this will not hurt as long as it is not intense cardio. Low carb diets can also mess up hormone balance. If you still do not loose after several weeks, check your thyroids.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:30 AM   #365  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Thanks Dak and Lolo...I really appreciate the support. It's a brand new day- I am going to try to get back on plan 100% today, and if that doesn't work out then I am going to take a break and maintain for a month or so then re-evaluate. The stress is too much you are right. As far as how long I have been hovering at one weight- I would say for two weeks forsure, maybe longer even. Since I returned from my trip sept 22...I lost the 7lbs I gained that week, back down to what I was pre-trip and have been hovering there. I mean I guess I should be proud that I am maintaining!! I just REALLY want to get to onederland! Only 7-9lbs away! I would feel much better about everything if I could just get under 200lbs. I mean even if I get back on plan it should only take me a couple weeks to lose 7-9lbs...ok I have motivated myself this morning. I will check in later and tell you all how it's going today! Thanks again gals! you all rock!!!
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:58 AM   #366  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Well I weighed in (myself on my home scale) and I lost 1 pound this week. Last Saturday I had a horrible off plan day. Kettle corn, pumpkin pie, whipped cream, and much to much of all of that too! I'm not condoning what I did, but I watched the scale this week to see how my body would respond, and noted how I felt. Well, first of all the next day I felt terribly bloated, and like my whole body was inflamed from the inside out. I think my body likes not being on so many carbs (ie: wheat) and adding it back in was a huge shock. Good clue to really monitor this when on Ph 3 and 4.

I gained 2.5 pounds and it took me all week to lose it plus one more. Net loss of course was 1 pound but I imagine this could have been a 3 or 4 pound loss week had I not indulged like I did.

I felt really good again by about day 5 after my bad day, no more cravings, bloating or inflamed feeling. IP works, my body likes it and I need to stay back on 95-100% every day!!

Again, love this thread, I need a place to be honest and accountable! Everone have a good IP weekend!
Tuscany123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #367  

S/C/G: S/C/G 202/190.2/150

DH just had fruit yogurt for breakfast and it looked soooooo good! Mmmmmmm guess I will have my wild berry yogurt! I hope you all have a GREAT OP weekend!
Milli55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:34 PM   #368  
Gaining by Loosing

S/C/G: 202/201/160

Height: 5'4

Talking

Quote:
Thanks Dak and Lolo...I really appreciate the support. It's a brand new day- I am going to try to get back on plan 100% today, and if that doesn't work out then I am going to take a break and maintain for a month or so then re-evaluate. The stress is too much you are right. As far as how long I have been hovering at one weight- I would say for two weeks forsure, maybe longer even. Since I returned from my trip sept 22...I lost the 7lbs I gained that week, back down to what I was pre-trip and have been hovering there. I mean I guess I should be proud that I am maintaining!! I just REALLY want to get to onederland! Only 7-9lbs away! I would feel much better about everything if I could just get under 200lbs. I mean even if I get back on plan it should only take me a couple weeks to lose 7-9lbs...ok I have motivated myself this morning. I will check in later and tell you all how it's going today! Thanks again gals! you all rock!!!
Good Morning JMANOVICH, I thought i'd pop in with my '2cents worth'
Something you might want to keep in mind is that SUGAR is like a checking account and FAT is like a savings account. Your body will burn sugar before it burns fat and if you continue to put sugar into your body, that's what it will burn first …. the carbs it cannot burn will turn to fat and continue to fill up your savings account.
The reason IP works is that you consume NO sugar so once you've lost your water weight your body goes into FAT burning mode and because your checking account of sugar is depleted, your body starts to burn up your savings which is all FAT.
Peas and carrots have sugar, yogurt has sugar … (which I'm sure you know) but after you eat this type of food, and then try to get back OP you may loose a few pounds but it will most likely be water weight.
I think for most of us what we really want to do is loose FAT

I think i know how you are feeling and it's important to realize that the desire to lose weight is very powerful and true for us … but when we feed our bodies sugar in any form, we are doomed it's a powerful drug.
Of course you don't want to be too hard on yourself … I hope you find some peace of mind through all of this, I too have struggled for so long and just love this program.
I've kept my program very simple and that works for me … I eat every 3 hours … breakfast shake @9 lunch @12 snack @3 and dinner @6 … (that's my target which of course varies from time to time) and drink lots of water ….in between.
I like to have a coffee first thing in the morning too … when i do I use whip cream, it has NO SUGAR and because it's so thick I use 1/2 of what i'd use if I was using cream. (my coach said it's okay as long as i'm burning fat)

It's not always easy and some days just downright white knuckling hard … but I have FAITH that I will turn old habits around and will reach my goal weight.

Last edited by misslillyhansen; 10-19-2013 at 12:36 PM.
misslillyhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #369  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I just want to give a HUGE to all my real living life Ipers. You guys are wonderful!
Love this!
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 04:19 PM   #370  

I just seen that it is shameful to be only 90-99% on IP

This is heart breaking. We all have our demons we must battle and fight to lose weight. And some people have discipline of a catholic nun and some do not. We are all human, we are all trying to lose weight. Some folks who have the absolute will power and ability to be 100% will drop the pounds faster than someone who takes a lick of cookie dough (ok a few licks) or someone who tastes the pizza sauce. and the tasters will lose half of what 100%per loses. Some 90%ers will have a day or two maybe 3 of 99% or even 100% and maybe we have NSV in our eyes, but not to someone else.

humans are weak creatures by nature and our habits we developed over the years re-enforce the weakness in all of us.

Some ppl will see this as an excuse. justify deviating off the plan, or just plain old messing up and griping about how we/they can't lose like someone else.

If we were all perfect then IP would be out of business because there would be no need for a diet because in a perfect world no one would give into temptation.

Today I am a 99%er. I am doing well given its the weekend, it's COLD, damp and dreary outside. Tomorrow I want 100% and the rest of the week. I can only hope. But I take my days by the hours not by the week.

Love you all lots and lots <3
Old 10-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #371  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I just seen that it is shameful to be only 90-99% on IP

This is heart breaking. We all have our demons we must battle and fight to lose weight. And some people have discipline of a catholic nun and some do not. We are all human, we are all trying to lose weight. Some folks who have the absolute will power and ability to be 100% will drop the pounds faster than someone who takes a lick of cookie dough (ok a few licks) or someone who tastes the pizza sauce. and the tasters will lose half of what 100%per loses. Some 90%ers will have a day or two maybe 3 of 99% or even 100% and maybe we have NSV in our eyes, but not to someone else.

humans are weak creatures by nature and our habits we developed over the years re-enforce the weakness in all of us.

Some ppl will see this as an excuse. justify deviating off the plan, or just plain old messing up and griping about how we/they can't lose like someone else.

If we were all perfect then IP would be out of business because there would be no need for a diet because in a perfect world no one would give into temptation.

Today I am a 99%er. I am doing well given its the weekend, it's COLD, damp and dreary outside. Tomorrow I want 100% and the rest of the week. I can only hope. But I take my days by the hours not by the week.

Love you all lots and lots <3
I don't understand why others keep judging this thread. We are just looking for the same support and fellowship that everyone else looks for that comes to 3FC. Stop judging us. If you don't like what's posted in here stop reading this thread. Man I'm so ready to be done with this forum altogether...too bad.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 09:37 PM   #372  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
I don't understand why others keep judging this thread. We are just looking for the same support and fellowship that everyone else looks for that comes to 3FC. Stop judging us. If you don't like what's posted in here stop reading this thread. Man I'm so ready to be done with this forum altogether...too bad.
There can never be a happy medium. I know that passion runs high when it comes to dieting and losing weight. Sometimes when folks have HUGE success with a diet and they meet others whom are doing or TRYING to follow the same diet, the successful person (s) wants everyone to be successful at as they were. That message can get distorted by tones or looking down on those who have a difficult time following exact instructions. leading to fights and silent but loud insults of how others are doing "XYZ" making the atemptees feel like they are less than worthy of any diet because they are not disciplined.

I am go with the flow person, I try with a full heart but my ginormous sweet tooth gets in the way or stress.

I wish everyone 100%er and 90%ers all the luck and positive thoughts- we all need it!
Old 10-19-2013, 10:26 PM   #373  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

The thing is I've always felt there really is no such thing as 100%.
That is a total absolute and not humanly possible because we at some point are going to eat something we are not totally sure about ingredients.

I was not totally 100% when I was on phase 1 because at Christmas after being on program for 6 months could not stand the constant headache from constipation. I ate two apples to see if that would help the situation long enough to allow me to prepare dinner for everyone else. So 100% was blown out of the water.

I've seen people really upset that they are not 100% because by accident they swallowed a bite of something their toddler fed them when they were feeding them.

People have to get a grip and not read threads if they know they will irritate them. That is why the threads are seperate, people can just read the ones that relate to them. They should stay away from the ones they know they won't agree with.

Last edited by patns; 10-20-2013 at 11:31 PM.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:37 PM   #374  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
The thing is I've always felt there really is no such thing as !00%.
That is a total absolute and not humanly possible because we at some point are going to eat something we are not totally sure about ingredients.

I was not totally 100% when I was on phase 1 because at Christmas after being on program for 6 months could not stand the constant headache from constipation. I ate two apples to see if that would help the situation long enough to allow me to prepare dinner for everyone else. So 100% was blown out of the water.

I've seen people really upset that they are not 100% because by accident they swallowed a bite of something their toddler fed them when they were feeding them.

People have to get a grip and not read threads if they know they will irritate them. That is why the threads are seperate, people can just read the ones that relate to them. They should stay away from the ones they know they won't agree with.
only sophisticated highly programmed computers are programmed to be 100%
TO be imperfect is human to be perfect is inhuman!
Old 10-20-2013, 09:10 PM   #375  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:

jmanovich,

I am sorry to hear that you are struggling.

I want to echo the advice that misslillyhanson is giving. Carbohydrates and sugars are really, really easy for the body to turn to for energy. The principle reason for keeping clean from carbs and sugars is so that the body will turn to its fat stores for energy instead. This is a tougher way for the body to source its energy... the easier route is the ready supply of daily intake of carbs and sugars. If you keep eating the sugars and carbs, you'll never get any traction on the 'mining for fat' that needs to happen for weight loss. If your body can always turn to the food you take in for its immediate supply of burning energy, why will it ever turn to the fat stored in you?

Once that mining starts to happen, you will experience the burn!

That will be when ketosis sets in. And one of the side effects of ketosis is diminished hunger. So if you respect your ketosis, it will keep carrying you through. Respecting ketosis means not feeding sugars and carbs into the system.

You may be someone who is especially sensitive to carbs and sugars. I don't know. I know that I am.

I suggest trying to go one solid week following protocol 100%... reaching for an extra packet like a peach mango drink when you need something to tide you over.this will get you on your way to ketosis. Once you are there, you'll find it easier to keep going.

If you think Ideal Protein might not be for you, that's fair enough. I made a contribution in another thread -- unrelated to the IP forum. Someone else responded to my post and this is what she said:

Quote:
I am also doing a low-carb diet and agree with Annik; however, I'm not doing Ideal Protein. I am doing a modified version of the Slow Carb Diet, which was first introduced in Tim Ferriss' Book The 4-Hour Body. I've learned over the years that I'm not good at following a strict diet, so I've become a big fan of tweaking diets to make them work for you, as long as you don't tweak so much that you just maintain or even gain.
Maybe that would be worth a try if you decide IP is not for you?

Peas and carrots are definitely on the high end of carbs and sugars so they would be the worst kinds of veggies to do the 90% method with. I just found out that one cup of rice has 45 g of carbs in it. I try to keep my carbs between 30-35/day (I aim for the lower carb IP packets to do this.) To learn that one cup of rice has 45 g astonished me. At one time, one cup of rice wouldn't have seemed like an out of line amount for an evening meal. And now I see -- wow -- what a huge load of carbs that would absolutely shut down any internal fat burning for me.

I am Ukrainian and love things like perogies and cabbage rolls and beet leaf rolls and baba bread... but now I see that everything is a choice.

I can make whatever choices I want as long as I am prepared to live with the consequences.

Don't be too hard on yourself. This is all part of the learning, collecting data, and figuring out which way to go.

sending my best,
Annik

Last edited by Annik; 10-21-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote