Old 10-14-2013, 01:37 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

You can do it just keep it up, maybe do a little exercise to kill off the calories from the cookie dough..
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Be generous with yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I licked the cookie dough off the spoon today It was more than one . it was abt 2tsp I tasted but that just blows my wanna be close to 100% out of the water! Not to mention when you eat with a 2 year old who insists you take a taste of everything he does, he will put it in my mouth and watch me so closely!! if I spit it out into my hand he starts to spit out his food! I wait until he looks away but he is to dang smart LOL.

I will work hard all day long!
sarahbell - with what you have been going through, I am amazed you do not just set up a feed trough in front of the cookie dough bowl! You have been through life changing moments and not ones for the positive. It would not be surprising that there are some moments of adjustment hitting you in the face.

So, enjoy those few mouthfuls eaten with the little one and then just move onto whatever comes next...a little bit more physical activity, a plan for exactly what you are going to eat tomorrow, whatever will focus your mind back where you want to me.

Whenever I bake now, I keep a big bowl of warm soapy water right next to wherever I work and quickly throw my dirty dishes, spoons, whatever in there before I can even think about it, Believe you me, I have been soooo tempted to jump my hand right back in the bowl and take the spoon back!
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
sarahbell - with what you have been going through, I am amazed you do not just set up a feed trough in front of the cookie dough bowl! You have been through life changing moments and not ones for the positive. It would not be surprising that there are some moments of adjustment hitting you in the face.

So, enjoy those few mouthfuls eaten with the little one and then just move onto whatever comes next...a little bit more physical activity, a plan for exactly what you are going to eat tomorrow, whatever will focus your mind back where you want to me.

Whenever I bake now, I keep a big bowl of warm soapy water right next to wherever I work and quickly throw my dirty dishes, spoons, whatever in there before I can even think about it, Believe you me, I have been soooo tempted to jump my hand right back in the bowl and take the spoon back!
I had a sink full of HOT soapy water BUT I still licked the spoons and tasted and licked the spoons. I think I ate about 1/4c total all day maybe. Se la vie

Last edited by sarahBell; 10-14-2013 at 05:53 PM.
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 06:58 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
I had a sink full of HOT soapy water BUT I still licked the spoons and tasted and licked the spoons. I think I ate about 1/4c total all day maybe. Se la vie
I think you will survive 1/4 and still go onto great losses. Hang in there!
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:24 PM   #260  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I think you will survive 1/4 and still go onto great losses. Hang in there!
LOL thanks. I doubt that will kill my loss, slow it down a wee bit but not kill it!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #261  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I licked the cookie dough off the spoon today It was more than one . it was abt 2tsp I tasted but that just blows my wanna be close to 100% out of the water! Not to mention when you eat with a 2 year old who insists you take a taste of everything he does, he will put it in my mouth and watch me so closely!! if I spit it out into my hand he starts to spit out his food! I wait until he looks away but he is to dang smart LOL.

I will work hard all day long!
If it makes you feel any better, I made cookies the other day and couldn't remember if I added salt so I "had" to taste the dough. It didn't seem to effect my loss for the week.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 07:30 PM   #262  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
If it makes you feel any better, I made cookies the other day and couldn't remember if I added salt so I "had" to taste the dough. It didn't seem to effect my loss for the week.
That does make me feel better!!

Now if I can get my little peanut to stop force feeding me everything I make him all would be great!

ps. I made home made bread Sunday and it was so soft and moist and fluffy....I ate a small slice

Last edited by sarahBell; 10-14-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:49 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
That does make me feel better!!

Now if I can get my little peanut to stop force feeding me everything I make him all would be great!

ps. I made home made bread Sunday and it was so soft and moist and fluffy....I ate a small slice
The good thing about the diet is that it teaches you how to eat properly and you can pass this down to your kids so they will not have to experience this in the future. I think about that all the time, if I had a child I know I have fat genes so I want to teach my child the proper way to eat. Unlike my mother who just shoved anything in our mouths to keep us quiet.
cassieleeanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #264  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I had 2 restricted packets today. This is the first day I have done this and I hoping that it doesn't kick me out of ketosis. I know that I am about to get my monthly visitor which makes me crave all sorts of things I don't usually want.

Since there is nothing that I can do about eating them, I will just dust myself off and get back on the horse.

Thank you for providing this confessional thread, because I feel like I can talk about my slip ups, and not feel like I am I am going to be scorned.
I can do anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #265  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
The good thing about the diet is that it teaches you how to eat properly and you can pass this down to your kids so they will not have to experience this in the future. I think about that all the time, if I had a child I know I have fat genes so I want to teach my child the proper way to eat. Unlike my mother who just shoved anything in our mouths to keep us quiet.
AMEN!

I am trying to teach good eating habbits,. oldest son will not eat anything healthy at all it makes me so
DD eats any veggies fruit
ds#2 getting there slowly, he loves apples, bananas, corn on the cob ect.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #266  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
I had 2 restricted packets today. This is the first day I have done this and I hoping that it doesn't kick me out of ketosis. I know that I am about to get my monthly visitor which makes me crave all sorts of things I don't usually want.

Since there is nothing that I can do about eating them, I will just dust myself off and get back on the horse.

Thank you for providing this confessional thread, because I feel like I can talk about my slip ups, and not feel like I am I am going to be scorned.
I did yesterday I was just chomping at the bit to get anything sweet
Old 10-15-2013, 12:06 AM   #267  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Wow! Do I ever belong in this thread today as well...I have had a bad weekend of eating. Enjoyed two thanksgiving suppers (on each side of the family) I didn't eat a huge amount of food- a normal plateful- but my gosh my stomach was so sore both nights after! Just full and bloated and UGH. It tasted soooo good going down, but really I paid for it after!

To be completely honest, I have been 50-75% OP since I got back from our vacation on Sept 22nd. THIS HAS TO STOP! I have to get back on the wagon- failing is not an option! I am not going to fail at this just like I did with every other diet...nope not this time. Back on P1 tomorrow.......I know the first few days will be ****, but I gotta do it.

And to top this all off, I am supposed to weigh in tomorrow. I think I will just to show myself what eating bad does to the scale! I am so disappointed in myself- I was on such a roll my first 5 weeks...now I have lost momentum and had sporadic weigh ins. I wish I could be like some others on here and have weekly weigh ins posted in my signature BUT it's never too late to start over. I will just put "Sept 22-Oct 14- didn't follow plan exactly, no loss" lol The important part is I get back up and keep on truckin! I want to lose another 20lbs at least...Anyway enough of my rant. Strength to all...we can do this!

Last edited by jmanovich; 10-15-2013 at 12:08 AM.
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:27 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 219/217/150

You guys r awesome lol! I am on day 15 and this past weekend I had 2 Thanksgiving dinners to go to (Thanksgiving in Canada). I went crazy at the first dinner (even had 2 glasses of white wine!) and stuck to plan at the second. I still lost 3 lbs at weigh in. I also am a member of a Facebook support group for Ideal Protein and I voiced my apprehension about the dinners. The girls were so supportive, they told me "everyone deserves Thanksgiving!" I am so glad to find a group were everyone is accepted for just being human and still trying :-D
Breanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:32 AM   #269  

Height: 5'5"

I lost a little weight this past week, my weigh in day is today, but I am on verge of being out of control. I need to stop!!! Has anyone done any kind of bootcamp? It was discussed before on other threads. Thanks for your help!
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #270  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Did we all start IP in Sept? We are all falling off the wagon around weeks 5-8!?!?
I am on week 6, the past 3 weeks have been awful, feeling exhausted, headaches...anyway I have been about 70% for the past week. My weight has stalled for the past 3 weeks. I am starting to get mad that I have to be 100% to lose any weight. I am only eating like 1200 calories a day, which is HALF what I was eating before IP. I should still be losing SOMETHING.

I was trying a modified approach this week, after seeing that IP is a PSMF, or protein FAST. I think this is why I felt so awful and had no energy since starting, so this week I decided to try using IP as the basic diet, but adding another 200-300 calories from eggs, nuts, meat and veggies, plus I am having 4 packets. (tracking food on myfatsecret.com) My weight is holding steady, but its also almost TOM, and I should be going up, so maybe I will continue this IP-ish plan for another week and weigh again. I know I sure do feel better getting that extra food, can think clearly again and I have ENERGY!!
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote