Old 10-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #211  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Oh wow. I didn't pay attention to your location. Not sure if they have a costco nearby, but that's where you get these shakes.
Nope, no Costco, no Walmart. *Sigh*
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #212  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Nope, no Costco, no Walmart. *Sigh*
Wow. You're someone that can say IP is cheaper than alternatives.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:59 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Quote:
Thanks Meeshellee...I had a restricted for breakfast (choco peanut bar) and I was fine by lunch, but after lunch I was starving. My salad didn't have over 2 cups of veggies, I had my oil and salt. Odd...

I have to stick to the IP foods because it really isn't cost effective to bring in any alternatives because while they are cheaper and discount is taken away by shipping and customs duty fees to the island.
Have you tried having a hard boiled egg or some egg whites?
I add these on really hungry days. No more than one whole egg and 2 egg whites.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:36 AM   #214  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Darn it I didn't even think about eggs! And people here are always talking about "that extra egg". It didn't even cross my mind. Thanks KC.
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

IP Soup Alternatives.

Looking for what alternative brands you like. Ordering from Nashua this weekend.

BTW Nashua has FREE Shipping on orders over $49 thru Tues
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
IP Soup Alternatives.

Looking for what alternative brands you like. Ordering from Nashua this weekend.

I love Proti diet beef flavored!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:20 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
IP Soup Alternatives.

Obscenely huge fan of the ProtiDiet chicken noodle soup! I have it everyday for lunch, and it's really really good!!! I've also heard good things about the chicken flavored soup as well. Also ProtiDiet's pizza mix? Pretty good, it's small, but will definitely feed the fix. And the chocolate dream bars!! OHHH!!! Like a nestle's crunch bar! Sooooo good!! And... and... and.... I could keep adding on, but hopefully this helps with some suggestions to start.
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #218  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

For you soup lovers...

I started out purchasing ProtiDiet soups through a source in Canada that went out of business last fall. I used to nuke my veggies and then blend them in with my pea or chicken protein soups.

When we lost that online source I resorted to making my own, using veggies and regular whey protein isolate powder that I buy from my local health food store. Plus some spices, etc. to add some pizzazz. Some of you (especially if you're finding it difficult to find variety or good local product sources, etc) might like them... the 'recipe' is available through my blog - link in the signature line below. Of course you have to know the nutritional values of the unflavored protein powder you are using, and calculate accordingly to end up with an IP-protocol approvable veggie/protein soup. I served my cauliflower soup to a friend and she said it tasted like a gourmet restaurant soup.

Last edited by evepet; 10-11-2013 at 12:41 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:21 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
One of my biggest weaknesses is cake. Lately I have really been wanting some. I suppose it is hormone related. Anyway, yesterday I dug out Rainbow's chocolate whoopie pie recipe. I doubled it and baked it in a pan slightly smaller than my 9x9 pan. I frosted it with WF caramel dip while still warm. All day I waited for that cake! I cut it in squares and stacked them like a layered cake. DH and I both had a piece of delicious chocolate cake for dessert last night. I wish i could post a picture of it.
Mine are cupcakes
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Shoes

Quote:
Hi Lovelies!!!

I have a NSV today!!! I am wearing a pair of heels!!!! I haven't worn heels in about 4 years!!! I have a spring in my step, I'm not all wobbly when I walk, my feet and joints aren't hurting, I feel great!!! What a difference 25lbs makes!!
I am SO glad to read this! High heel leather shoes used to be my indulgence, but as I gained weight, I had to give them up. You are right about wobbly and hurting joints.

I am hoping when I am closer to goal, maybe after ONDERLAND to go out and try on some new shoes that are not flats or sneakers

You have given me hope!
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #221  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I had another awsome day! Consecutively awesome days during pms week, it feels a like a miracle!
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 09:53 AM   #222  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Thanks so much for posting this, I'm going to pull out my crockpot - sounds like it would make for good leftovers and get me away from that plain grilled protein that I despise. Many thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I use my crock pot a lot. I put my 2 cups of approved veggies in the bottom, and put pork loin chops on top. Sprinkle with no-salt seasoning & some garlic powder and fresh grated black pepper. Cook on high for about 2 hrs. Then I spread a light coating of a WF bbq sauce on the pork loin shops, and cook for another 1/2 hour. The meat is tender and moist, and the veggies fantastic. I like a combo of sliced onion, peppers, and rutabaga.

I also made a great stew with lean beef stew meat, and onions, celery, peppers, and mushrooms. Used a low-sodium/low carb beef bouillion mix that I found at my local health food store. Delicious.

Chicken breasts are also tasty cooked in a crock pot. Somehow meat turns out moist and tender. And by throwing your veggies in there too, everything cooks at the same time. No muss no fuss.

I also make turkey loaf in the crockpot. I combine a package of ground turkey (about 1 lb) with 1 egg, 1-2 tbsp each of dried parsley and onion flakes, about 1 tbsp. WF bbq sauce and 1 tbsp. of low carb catsup, dash of worcestershire sauce, about 1 tbsp. of regular mustard, and spices (pepper, thyme, garlic) and cook for about 2.5 hours.

I honestly don't know what I'd do without my crockpot! Use it almost every day.

I also like to cook fish or chicken breasts in foil packets in the oven, along with some spices and vegetables. The fish/meat comes out tender, moist and flavorful. There's a good article at this link using fish in the recipe :- http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-bake...tomatoes-62306
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:28 AM   #223  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

YAY someone else who eats cheese!! I sometimes have one ounce (measured) per day. And try telling your bank account you aren't on IP LOL. My coach even CONDONES my 1 ounce of cheese per day and checked with one of her experts on it. Of course they would rather you didn't but said 1 ounce would be OK occasionally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
I Just have to get one thing off my chest and this is the only place I feel comfortable enough to do it. Why do I find it so infuriating when someone posts how you can't say you're on IP if you cheat occasionally because you give IP a bad name, yet there are others who have never purchased an IP product in their life and they can claim the IP badge of honor. I don't know why this bugs me and maybe I'm too invested in what others think on here, but man that's irritating. I have a coach, I consume 3 packets a day with the IP logo on them, I eat shredded carrots in bagged salad, sometime I have a small amount of cheese, I haven't had a single off program sweet treat since I started the program, haven't been to mcdonalds either, I've lost 50 lbs in 3 mos, IM ON IP and I'm not perfect...

I will now get off my soapbox and go back to my normal life. Thank you.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #224  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I had another awsome day! Consecutively awesome days during pms week, it feels a like a miracle!
Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
Thanks so much for posting this, I'm going to pull out my crockpot - sounds like it would make for good leftovers and get me away from that plain grilled protein that I despise. Many thanks!!!!
Glad to be helpful. As I said - I LOVE my crockpot!

What I've copied below is part of an article Glycogen: The Reason to Rejoice in Losing Water Weight by Heather Elaine Yates, taken from a blog post on the Yahoo contributor network... I think it describes the process quite well, and helped me to understand why my weight loss was so high (9lbs) during my first week on the IP diet.

(Quote): Most people do not realize how energy is stored in their body, and so do not understand the significant biological steps towards a healthy weight. The first step is using up your excess glycogen, which is where the "water weight" comes in.
When you eat, your body first breaks down the carbohydrates, fats, and proteins into the simplest form that it needs to be able to use them. The primary nutrients released into the bloodstream for our bodies to use are glucose, triglycerides, and amino acids. Glucose is the main energy fuel for most of your body's energy needs. When there is more glucose in your blood than your body can use right away (which is usually the case after any meal), it is modified and stored for later use. One of these stored components is glycogen. The process that turns glucose into glycogen for storage takes in over 2 grams of water for every 1 gram of glycogen (so for each gram of glycogen stored you have over 3 grams of total weight added).

Glycogen is stored in liver and muscles tissues in your body, though some is also stored in the kidneys and intestine. When your body is active (even sleeping your burn energy) and runs out of glucose in the blood, the body begins to break down the stored glycogen so that your cells have the fuel they need. As your body converts glycogen back into glucose, it releases those extra grams of water, which are then filter through your kidneys and out they go.

How much glycogen a person stores is directly correlated to how much the person weighs. Your body normal stores enough glycogen so that your body has easy access to energy for multiple days in a starvation situation. The maximum amount appears to be 5g/kg of your body weight (1 pound = 2.2 kg). So if you are around 150lbs (68.2 kg), you could be storing around 341g of glycogen. At 3-4 grams total (remember over 2 grams of water is stored with each gram of glycogen) that is over 1348 grams of excess weight that as you burn off your glycogen, you lose in water as well. Once the stores of glycogen are depleted, then the body can begin to break down fats. First it takes the triglycerides that are in your bloodstream and liver, and breaks those down for energy (either as fatty acids for direct energy of broken down further into glucose). Then the stored fats are released, broken down first into glycerol and fatty acids, and then if needed into glucose. (end of Quote)
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #225  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
YAY someone else who eats cheese!! I sometimes have one ounce (measured) per day. And try telling your bank account you aren't on IP LOL. My coach even CONDONES my 1 ounce of cheese per day and checked with one of her experts on it. Of course they would rather you didn't but said 1 ounce would be OK occasionally.
That's interesting that your coach didn't try to steer you clear of it. Thanks for sharing!

We'll I had a 90%-er victory yesterday. Had a work meeting at the bar. Started out with all kinds of alcohol and fried appetizers, nachos, etc...nothing that was even close to OP. It was kind of awkward because there was only 8 people there and I was the only one not eating. But I did it, stayed away from the appetizers and drank my water. For dinner at the meeting I did have the chef salad with ranch dressing on the side (dip don't pour as Rachael Ray Says). So I did have some cheese and regular salad dressing, but pushed the croutons to the side and really limited the damage I could have done in that situation.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote