Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #436  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone! I was active on this thread 2 years ago when I initially did IP. Dana, thanks for re-activating it! It looks like you are rocking it again with losses!

Yesmyqueen, wow! You are really taking care of business!

For those who don't know me, I'm a little over 60 (although I'm a very "young" 60+) and lost 82 pounds 2 years ago on IP. I pretty much kept it off although I've got 10-15 pounds that have been coming and going for the past year and a half. Right now I'm taking them off once again, so I'm on P1 for a few weeks. I've lost 6 of the pounds and would like to lose another 4-5 so I'm under my goal weight.

Yup, it's a challenge when your body has been overweight for over 50 years. But I'm determined to reteach my body how it needs to be - and know y'all are doing the same thing

On a personal note, I spent the weekend in Houston with my daughter's family, which include identical twin 3 yr-old girls. Wow! What a handful! I babysat on Sat night and we skipped, danced, and did all sorts of activities, I can see how young mothers have an easier time with weight, although they don't seem to have time to eat correctly.

I travel a lot and know how to do it on IP, although it's always a challenge to keep enough drinks and bars around. I usually eat a Quest bar for my snack, so I can always run into a GNC to replenish while on the road.

Warm wishes to everyone! We CAN do this together!

Last edited by joysh; 09-08-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:09 PM   #437  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Really really GOOD morning, hello to all. WI today and down 4.1/2 pounds, so happy about that. I knew a good one was coming soon because the last two have been 0 and 1, so anyone out there remember this IP is working no matter what the scale says plus those were hopefully one of my last ladies days or weeks, here I was thinking It was finished and mother nature zaped me with a almost 2 weeker but all worth it now.

Im just really am glad to see so many new names here with the same problems and goals, together we will stay strong. One month, one week ,one day, one hour, one minute, one second one bite at a time. Rock on!!!!!!
Down 4.5 this week. Awesome and congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I am a few years younger than you but, I also have a 16 year old. Three other kids 29,26,21,16. Yes it's a challenge being a widower that never worked during my marriage.
You have the age spread like I do. Makes life interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Everyone! I was active on this thread 2 years ago when I initially did IP. Dana, thanks for re-activating it! It looks like you are rocking it again with losses!

Yesmyqueen, wow! You are really taking care of business!

For those who don't know me, I'm a little over 60 (although I'm a very "young" 60+) and lost 82 pounds 2 years ago on IP. I pretty much kept it off although I've got 10-15 pounds that have been coming and going for the past year and a half. Right now I'm taking them off once again, so I'm on P1 for a few weeks. I've lost 6 of the pounds and would like to lose another 4-5 so I'm under my goal weight.

Yup, it's a challenge when your body has been overweight for over 50 years. But I'm determined to reteach my body how it needs to be - and know y'all are doing the same thing

On a personal note, I spent the weekend in Houston with my daughter's family, which include identical twin 3 yr-old girls. Wow! What a handful! I babysat on Sat night and we skipped, danced, and did all sorts of activities, I can see how young mothers have an easier time with weight, although they don't seem to have time to eat correctly.

I travel a lot and know how to do it on IP, although it's always a challenge to keep enough drinks and bars around. I usually eat a Quest bar for my snack, so I can always run into a GNC to replenish while on the road.

Warm wishes to everyone! We CAN do this together!
Wow, I can't believe the twins are three years old already. Time sure does fly.

I hope everyone is having a good Monday. Tomorrow is my first weigh in, but having bathroom issues which always happens to me when I start low carbing again. Just hoping the magnesium I take helps and keeps the scale on a downward motion.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #438  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Something I've noticed about re-starting IP, I'm not taking progress photos or feeling like rewarding the smaller goals. I suppose it's because I have a "before" and "after" photo that I feel it's not needed as I know how the after results should look. I'm pretty happy to do a wha-hoo celebration and call it reward enough to get into smaller clothing. Anyway this loss is fairly different in this milestone regard than the first time a couple years ago. Then too... a couple years ago I hadn't been on a diet for over 8 or more years.

I went through my mothers clothing this weekend and got quite a few blouses and sweaters that I should fit in when I'm close to goal. Mom would be pleased to see me wearing them (she passed away earlier this year). The only dress I took of hers I can't imagine being small enough to wear, but it's a size 16 and I was down to a 14 before - but with vanity sizing who knows if it will fit when I'm there or not. Guess I'll find out in about 8 months :-). I worked on making zucchini relish today, and should be able to can it tomorrow. Using Mom's canner - I'm sure it will be good.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:16 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Something I've noticed about re-starting IP, I'm not taking progress photos or feeling like rewarding the smaller goals. I suppose it's because I have a "before" and "after" photo that I feel it's not needed as I know how the after results should look. I'm pretty happy to do a wha-hoo celebration and call it reward enough to get into smaller clothing. Anyway this loss is fairly different in this milestone regard than the first time a couple years ago. Then too... a couple years ago I hadn't been on a diet for over 8 or more years.

I went through my mothers clothing this weekend and got quite a few blouses and sweaters that I should fit in when I'm close to goal. Mom would be pleased to see me wearing them (she passed away earlier this year). The only dress I took of hers I can't imagine being small enough to wear, but it's a size 16 and I was down to a 14 before - but with vanity sizing who knows if it will fit when I'm there or not. Guess I'll find out in about 8 months :-). I worked on making zucchini relish today, and should be able to can it tomorrow. Using Mom's canner - I'm sure it will be good.
Barb, I went through my moms clothes this summer. She passed last sept. She had tons and tons but there were some I kept for myself. I feel like you. She would be happy with what I kept. It is so hard to do. I still have all of her coats to go through plus the rest of her house. I grew up there and have procrastinated so much on this. Looks like another winter that we will keep it. It is just so difficult to let it all go. Love your moms canner! But I'm not there yet.
Old 09-09-2014, 01:07 AM   #440  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Barb, I went through my moms clothes this summer. She passed last sept. She had tons and tons but there were some I kept for myself. I feel like you. She would be happy with what I kept. It is so hard to do. I still have all of her coats to go through plus the rest of her house. I grew up there and have procrastinated so much on this. Looks like another winter that we will keep it. It is just so difficult to let it all go. Love your moms canner! But I'm not there yet.
Yes, I'm not really ready to part with her things either, but my siblings live near there and they seem to be pushing for it. I know it needs done but I could sure stand to wait a while doing it just because. Anyway I did make myself get in there and select some things before the cloths are taken away. I'm glad you are able to take a bit ore time if you want it.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:11 AM   #441  

Barb
What a way to keep the memories of your beloved mother alive.

I'm still procrastinating some things from the passing of my dad & grandma within 10 days of each other FOUR years ago.

It takes what it takes to get thru it.

Keeping some clothes and using her canner is a wonderful tribute.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:15 AM   #442  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

Height: 5'5"

My mom had 3 babies in her 40's with the last born when she was 45...and she wouldn't have traded them for anything either....she had 7 children in total...with a 21 yr spread from oldest to youngest. I remember my oldest sister coming home from college and my younger sister was born in May. Everyone in town thought the baby was actually my sister's baby and that she wasn't really away at college. Quite a potential scandal in the 1970's!!!

And I am 53 years old with a 16 year old son....looks like there are quite a few of us with teens at home. He's my only child and I've been divorced and raising him myself since he was 2. He is the true joy of my life!
Glad to be part of this thread for support. I'm ready to get this weight off for good and not be a "single" woman for the rest of my life.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:45 AM   #443  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I feel for those struggling to let go over parents things. I still have my dad's number programmed into my cell and he's been gone nearly 3 years. Just can't bring myself to delete it. Of course, it gave me a startle about a month after he died when my step-mother's phone ran out of power and so she used his phone - his picture popped up on my phone and I heard his assigned ringtone. Yikes!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:11 AM   #444  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I feel for those struggling to let go over parents things. I still have my dad's number programmed into my cell and he's been gone nearly 3 years. Just can't bring myself to delete it. Of course, it gave me a startle about a month after he died when my step-mother's phone ran out of power and so she used his phone - his picture popped up on my phone and I heard his assigned ringtone. Yikes!
THAT would be a START Ruth Ann! I still have my mom's in my phone as well. It will be a year on Friday so this has been a sad week for me. She just lives down the road from where I live and I drive by everyday. I really hate to sell the place, but my kids, and nieces don't want it. I am still overwhelmed with the amount of stuff she has and won't have it cleared out and ready to sell until next summer most likely. It is so very difficult
Old 09-09-2014, 08:39 AM   #445  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
THAT would be a START Ruth Ann! I still have my mom's in my phone as well. It will be a year on Friday so this has been a sad week for me. She just lives down the road from where I live and I drive by everyday. I really hate to sell the place, but my kids, and nieces don't want it. I am still overwhelmed with the amount of stuff she has and won't have it cleared out and ready to sell until next summer most likely. It is so very difficult
Rhonduz - such a hard time!
Old 09-09-2014, 08:50 AM   #446  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Well, I kept paying my husbands cell phone bill for two years after he passed so that I could go listen to his voice on the recorder. I finally realized that I needed to let it go. It broke my heart. I also have a few of my dads big cozy sweater that I pull out when it snows. They are cozy and warm and I just feel love when I put one on. I cannot even think about losing my mom. We are the only ones left in the family. My brother passed three years ago at 52 of a massive heart attack. That is a huge motivater for me to lose weight and get my blood pressure down. Which has gone down dramatically

On to a better subject, I lost 2.6lbs this week. I am thrilled because the last several week I struggle to lose 1lb. I am super happy.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #447  
started IP 7/23/14

S/C/G: 264.4/161.4/164

Height: 5'3''

I am also a "fab 56" with teens - tho mine are 15 and just turned 13. They are a big part of my motivation for doing IP. After getting them through the teen years, I want to be in shape to enjoy them when they emerge as delightful adults.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:09 AM   #448  
IP Start Date 07/11/14

S/C/G: 199/161.0/140

Height: 5'2" (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Oh my gosh!! I think I would have peed myself if this happened. I still have my MIL's number in my cell. This coming February will be 4 years since she passed. We were very close and I have been unwilling to let go of quite a few things.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:27 AM   #449  
Started IP 04/22/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles1964 View Post
Oh my gosh!! I think I would have peed myself if this happened. I still have my MIL's number in my cell. This coming February will be 4 years since she passed. We were very close and I have been unwilling to let go of quite a few things.
Yep Pebbles, it was quite startling. And I would have hated to see the roaming charges for that call!

You know, I realized that I have quite a few things that were my parents that just make me happy to have - things that make me smile. That's a good thing. One is a carved wooden warrior figure about 2 feet tall that was my grandmother's. It's a well done piece in an ugly unique fashion - if that makes any sense. However, it is anatomically correct and somewhere along the line his loin cloth got lost - I have a butterfly hair clip in that area now which given my parents' warped sense of humor, they would have loved.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:34 AM   #450  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

I feel for all of you that have lost your parents/loved ones. Your posts are very touching and very difficult to read. They are bringing tears to my eyes. My parents are still alive, but getting up there in age (76 in good health) and it makes me VERY sad to think about not having them one day....

I have several voicemails from them that I refuse to delete....They live 11 hours from me and it makes me sad that we aren't able to visit each other more often, but we talk daily. Facetime is a wonderful invention!!!

Thank you for sharing your stories, they are touching. HUGS to you all!!
Closed Thread