Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 8/9/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 08-09-2013, 06:49 AM   #2  

I'd like to invite anyone on the plan 100% with no cheats to join the Home of the 100% thread. Use of IP alts is okay
This thread has dwindled b/c so many people reached goal.
Did you hear me??? Reached GOAL.
Moved to maintainers thread!!!
Wanna reach goal? Be 100%

100% thread is a great safe place where there is no talk of cheating. Stick to the plan & plan for success. That's what it is all about!

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-09-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:58 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 233.6/199.4/140

Height: 5 feet 6 .5 inches

Good morning! I'm headed to WI today and my home scale shows no loss this week even though I've been 100% OP. I've recently switched to Premiere Nutrition RTDs for breakfast and lunch, and I think by the IP guidelines they are a restricted product. And I've been having two a day along with a restricted Quest bar for a snack. So I might have shot myself in the foot unintentionally. I was just excited by the additional protein in these drinks compared to the EAS Carb Advantage. I might have to switch back to them and see what happens next week!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:17 AM   #4  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Happy Friday fellow IPers here's to a 100% on plan weekend!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #5  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxanne1 View Post
Good morning! I'm headed to WI today and my home scale shows no loss this week even though I've been 100% OP. I've recently switched to Premiere Nutrition RTDs for breakfast and lunch, and I think by the IP guidelines they are a restricted product. And I've been having two a day along with a restricted Quest bar for a snack. So I might have shot myself in the foot unintentionally. I was just excited by the additional protein in these drinks compared to the EAS Carb Advantage. I might have to switch back to them and see what happens next week!
I am not sure if there are different ones, but I use the Premier Protein RTD 18g protein drink and have continued to lose. I don't do the Quest bars, but many others do without a problem. I notice that if I don't get all my water I have a slow down in losses. I wonder if there is something else going on. TOM, extra exercise or activity, the big C?
Old 08-09-2013, 08:36 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.6/199.4/140

Height: 5 feet 6 .5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I am not sure if there are different ones, but I use the Premier Protein RTD 18g protein drink and have continued to lose. I don't do the Quest bars, but many others do without a problem. I notice that if I don't get all my water I have a slow down in losses. I wonder if there is something else going on. TOM, extra exercise or activity, the big C?
Hi, dak1lls...I just got one out of the fridge to be sure: 160 calories, 5g carbs and 3g dietary fiber so net 2g carbs (I think) and 30g protein. I had thought they were 190 calories which would put them in restricted but if I'm doing the math right, they are unrestricted. Not TOM, no extra exercise, maybe C. I did buy Senna tea and have used that this week. Who knows what it is...
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Hi, dak1lls...I just got one out of the fridge to be sure: 160 calories, 5g carbs and 3g dietary fiber so net 2g carbs (I think) and 30g protein. I had thought they were 190 calories which would put them in restricted but if I'm doing the math right, they are unrestricted. Not TOM, no extra exercise, maybe C. I did buy Senna tea and have used that this week. Who knows what it is...
I sometimes have three of these shakes a day while traveling, and I am consistently losing.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 210/ticker/125

Height: 5'5"

Good morning! It is POURING where I live today! Major flood warnings. Guess I won't be walking the dog today lol. I easily made it through my first no- coffee day yesterday! I had chai tea and green tea both caffeinated and then herbal vanilla chai Rooibos in the evening. I am down 2 lbs today lol though probably just coincidence but more importantly my rash is calming down. I do have a question and would love feedback from anyone but Lisa if you get a chance it would be greatly appreciated.

I am on week 4 and not hungry....I eat breakfast ( omelet or pancakes) and just am not interested in lunch...even after 5 hours. Once I eat my delicious salad I am in heaven, and have my shake, I get a hungry feeling. Then I have my snack later and get hungry for dinner but feel full easily. I actually do not mind this protocol at all. I was a vegetarian for 21 years so veggies rock. I already ate at least one salad a day. Is there a reason I am not hungry during the day? I am down 13lbsmid week 4 and now 13 lbs away from goal. Would this matter? Thanks!
Old 08-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #9  

BalancedLife: Ketosis takes away the appetite in many people. That is why IP rocks!

Roxanne: Give it another week. Weight loss is a fickle thing. But remember that even at 160 cals, it is more than most IP unrestricted packs, most of which are 80-120. I know what the alternative guidelines say but I always thought that was high, myself. I try to have most of my unrestricteds in the 80-120 range. If something has 160, I personally count it as restricted.

Remember, with actual IP foods, the program is pre-thought-out for us. When we "go rogue" we have to do more of the figuring.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-09-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #10  
Started IP 6-5-13

Balancedlife, I am rarely hungry on this plan, sometimes I have to force myself to eat the required amount of food. Smoothies help with that.
Old 08-09-2013, 09:30 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Good Morning to all...esp the newbies who are just getting up and running...and to the older newbies who are nailing this protocol but good and on their way!Had an "official" weigh in yesterday after being gone for 10 days...lost another inch in my waist..YEA!!! and was down almost 2 lbs..but still hoping there is some "travel water retention" in that number. Wt loss has slowed to +/- a pound a week now. Getting close to the mid point on most of the guide charts for my height. With my age a factor ... I'll not feel I must get to my lowest adult weight ever...(86 pounds at age 21 ...84 on the wedding day.. LOL...I was a very broke starving college student then, so it was easy to be at the bottom of the range if not even underweight for my height. Don't really want or need to revisit that era of my life again wearing a kids size 12 top...what was my husband looking at??)

If I can hover around 100 I'll be "ecstatically happy"... ....and hover means I might be somewhat over 100!! I'm at least just about now where I was when I began the job I retired from and that is a very realistic number. I want a weight I can maintain with out becoming neurotic. This diet can easily put one there...and I want to learn how to always be vigilant without becoming a pain to those around me or a constant topic of conversation or interest. Move on folks...please!!

Since I won't be trying to lose 25 pounds...I decided NOT to rejoin the challenge for fall...but would have loved achieving goal during that ride and really enjoyed being part of celebrating my own and everyone else's victories. It's too bad the chart won't be public now...so I wish everyone who has resigned up...great will power, fantastic weighins in the next weeks and a shopping spree to end all shopping sprees for sweaters and slacks in new fall colors !!! (My old boss says she thinks I have a shopping addiction...I said to her..."ya' think needing a new wardrobe might have something to do with that??!!..")

Best of the days ahead...and don't forget to count your NSVs as part of your success! Inches...compliments...and self pride in taking control of this process!
kathie
Old 08-09-2013, 10:16 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Friday, everyone!

WI #3 for me this morning and I am only down 0.8 lbs from last week *(which has me up a bit from Monday - so I removed one of my cheerleadrs in my signature for now). It's been a pretty rough week with a lot of stress at work, a lot of strong emotions over personal matters, "the big C" and TOM, so I am just happily accepting the loss as a good loss and moving on! So far, I am down 9.6 lbs total and that is a very good thing!

Could putting a bit of soy milk in my morning coffee be a problem or is it okay? I am lactose-intolerant, so I don't want to put real milk in my coffee. Should I got back to putting some vanilla RTD in my coffee instead?

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

Quote:
Sometimes, you body needs to catch up with all that is going on and you won't have much loss (or any) but you will continue to lose inches! Don't despair. If you are OP, this will work. Make sure to get enough sleep and enough water. If you have to cut back on calories/carbs, then you can do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Happy Friday fellow IPers here's to a 100% on plan weekend!
Happy Friday to you!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Good morning! It is POURING where I live today! Major flood warnings. Guess I won't be walking the dog today lol. I easily made it through my first no- coffee day yesterday! I had chai tea and green tea both caffeinated and then herbal vanilla chai Rooibos in the evening. I am down 2 lbs today lol though probably just coincidence but more importantly my rash is calming down. I do have a question and would love feedback from anyone but Lisa if you get a chance it would be greatly appreciated.

I am on week 4 and not hungry....I eat breakfast ( omelet or pancakes) and just am not interested in lunch...even after 5 hours. Once I eat my delicious salad I am in heaven, and have my shake, I get a hungry feeling. Then I have my snack later and get hungry for dinner but feel full easily. I actually do not mind this protocol at all. I was a vegetarian for 21 years so veggies rock. I already ate at least one salad a day. Is there a reason I am not hungry during the day? I am down 13lbsmid week 4 and now 13 lbs away from goal. Would this matter? Thanks!
It's rainy here too! I don't have an answer but I am getting less hungry as I get used to this too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Good Morning to all...esp the newbies who are just getting up and running...and to the older newbies who are nailing this protocol but good and on their way!Had an "official" weigh in yesterday after being gone for 10 days...lost another inch in my waist..YEA!!! and was down almost 2 lbs..but still hoping there is some "travel water retention" in that number. Wt loss has slowed to +/- a pound a week now. Getting close to the mid point on most of the guide charts for my height. With my age a factor ... I'll not feel I must get to my lowest adult weight ever...(86 pounds at age 21 ...84 on the wedding day.. LOL...I was a very broke starving college student then, so it was easy to be at the bottom of the range if not even underweight for my height. Don't really want or need to revisit that era of my life again wearing a kids size 12 top...what was my husband looking at??)

If I can hover around 100 I'll be "ecstatically happy"... ....and hover means I might be somewhat over 100!! I'm at least just about now where I was when I began the job I retired from and that is a very realistic number. I want a weight I can maintain with out becoming neurotic. This diet can easily put one there...and I want to learn how to always be vigilant without becoming a pain to those around me or a constant topic of conversation or interest. Move on folks...please!!

Since I won't be trying to lose 25 pounds...I decided NOT to rejoin the challenge for fall...but would have loved achieving goal during that ride and really enjoyed being part of celebrating my own and everyone else's victories. It's too bad the chart won't be public now...so I wish everyone who has resigned up...great will power, fantastic weighins in the next weeks and a shopping spree to end all shopping sprees for sweaters and slacks in new fall colors !!! (My old boss says she thinks I have a shopping addiction...I said to her..."ya' think needing a new wardrobe might have something to do with that??!!..")

Best of the days ahead...and don't forget to count your NSVs as part of your success! Inches...compliments...and self pride in taking control of this process!
kathie
Congratulations on your progress and thank you for sharing!
Old 08-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

Morning everyone! Today is my last day at work before 3 weeks of holidays so my head is spinning a little with everything I need to get done. Not to mention thoughts of how to stay OP while travelling - just a road trip to Minneapolis but 8 hours in the car both ways. I can do it, I can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I'd like to invite anyone on the plan 100% with no cheats to join the Home of the 100% thread. Use of IP alts is okay
This thread has dwindled b/c so many people reached goal.
Did you hear me??? Reached GOAL.
Moved to maintainers thread!!!
Wanna reach goal? Be 100%

100% thread is a great safe place where there is no talk of cheating. Stick to the plan & plan for success. That's what it is all about!
I will join this thread - I've been 100% with no cheats since I started June 25!

Jo
Old 08-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Morning everyone! Today is my last day at work before 3 weeks of holidays so my head is spinning a little with everything I need to get done. Not to mention thoughts of how to stay OP while travelling - just a road trip to Minneapolis but 8 hours in the car both ways. I can do it, I can do it!

Jo
You can and you will and we will be here to cheer you on!

Have a happy and safe trip!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-09-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:37 AM   #15  
Started IP 6-5-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post

I will join this thread - I've been 100% with no cheats since I started June 25!

Jo
You can do it! Takes some extra work and commitment but it is possible!
Closed Thread