Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 03:02 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning. Fourth weigh-in and down another 2.6lbs! And I did my measurements, and am down 18 inches since start!! Can't wait for my husband to get home for lunch so he can take my progress pictures so I can compare them!!

Two NSVs: 1) My "back-roll" is almost gone! 2) I could never sleep with my rings on because my fingers seemed to swell at night, and I had to be up a good hour in the morning before I could put them back on, and now I can just slide them on as soon as I wake up with no problem!

Have a great day, IPers!!!
Congrats!!! That is great!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #47  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
My turnip fries were okay, but had an after-taste...almost bitter. Did yours? Maybe my turnips were old? Never had had a turnip before until IP. Might try rutabagas next. Bought my first jicama yesterday.
Before having the fries, I probably only had turnips in a stew and probably didn't even realize it then so I had no idea what they were supposed to taste like! I don't remember an after taste though and nothing bitter. My problem is/was my oven - it hates me (and I hate it so we're even!) and it just does not work well, hasn't since we bought it 12 years ago. I think I want to try rutabagas next too!

Jo
Old 08-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #48  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon all.
(that is all for now)
Old 08-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #49  

Has anyone found a protein drink that has good a coconut flavor? I have tried the pina colada IP drink and it is okay, but I am really craving some coconut.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Ahhhh, my coach just said they're coming out with a "Cookie Dough Swirl" bar!

Lisa: My coach is still able to order the puree.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:52 PM   #51  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
Thank you for posting! I haven't been turning mine and I've been using olive oil so maybe that's my problem. I will definitely try it.

You get to 169 yet?!
no! and it's killing me! i've been stuck at 170 all week (but it is shark week). have you?!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:54 PM   #52  
Started IP 6/14/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Ahhhh, my coach just said they're coming out with a "Cookie Dough Swirl" bar!

Lisa: My coach is still able to order the puree.
whaaat?! cookie dough swirl?
Old 08-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
no! and it's killing me! i've been stuck at 170 all week (but it is shark week). have you?!
NO! Also at 170 all week! First week I have seen zero loss ever. Lisa was saying she was stuck at 170 for a while too. Must be a magic number I guess
Old 08-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
whaaat?! cookie dough swirl?
Yes!

By the way, the food on your blog always looks amazing
Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Good morning. Fourth weigh-in and down another 2.6lbs! And I did my measurements, and am down 18 inches since start!! Can't wait for my husband to get home for lunch so he can take my progress pictures so I can compare them!!

Two NSVs: 1) My "back-roll" is almost gone! 2) I could never sleep with my rings on because my fingers seemed to swell at night, and I had to be up a good hour in the morning before I could put them back on, and now I can just slide them on as soon as I wake up with no problem!

Have a great day, IPers!!!
Susie,
Those are significant NSVs! Congrats!
Old 08-08-2013, 04:35 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Ohh... just checked the ketosis symptoms thread, and I think I'm officially there. My breath is gross! And I've been peeing like crazy! Yay!!!

Wait... it's not weird that I got excited about that is it?
Old 08-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #57  
Started IP 6/14/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Yes!

By the way, the food on your blog always looks amazing
thank you!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #58  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightwad View Post

Yesterday I bought the Premier Protein shakes from Costco. They are higher in protein than the EAS Carb Vantage shakes and they are soy free. They are also fairly disgusting to me and I wish I had been able to try one before buying a box of 18...oh well, 17 left to choke down. I wasn't able to finish mine from lunch yesterday but hopefully I can get a whole one down today if I make it cold enough.
What flavor of premier protein did you get? If you have the vanilla, you could try adding some SF torani brown sugar and cinnamon syrup. I have done this and it is really good. Might save you from choking the remaining 17 down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
Has anyone found a protein drink that has good a coconut flavor? I have tried the pina colada IP drink and it is okay, but I am really craving some coconut.
Same advice here! You might find some SF coconut flavoring in either a concentrate or a syrup and then add it to a vanilla protein drink. It does sound good, you've given me an idea to look into!
Old 08-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Hey there everyone!! I have FINALLY lost 40lb!!! I've been waiting for this mile marker for a while now & SO glad I have finally made it!!
Congrats on reaching that milestone! Really fabulous, keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Did WI this AM and was down 3 lbs even, so a little better than last week. But, I am back in the 100's! That makes me so happy! Steadily losing inches. I think I will do a set of progress pics every 20 lbs down. Hope to post my before's and 20lbs lost progress for y'all by next week.
Welcome to onederland! Good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
So, I know I'm meant to have some additional salt every day, but haven't really had any of the headaches and things. Maybe it's because I have yet to have a 100% OP day, but I'm wondering how important the salt is. I've found I'm HUNGRY! often, but not so much the other sympotoms.

Thoughts?
Are you having 2 cups of veggies at lunch and dinner plus some lettuce based salads? They are important! If you don't like to eat veggies, consider roasting them, pureeing them and from that, making a soup by adding a little water, salt and pepper. All of this really helps you lose weight. What are you doing exactly that you're not 100% OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
I have been running around stressed with work the past couple of weeks. This week started off extra bad. Last night’s WI and was honestly scared to step on the scale. I feel horrible, boated, tired etc and in the past I always gained when stressed. I was shocked to see that I lost 2.1 Lbs. yay!! Next goal 4Lbs and I will have a normal BMI. Can’t wait for next week and a step closer to a goal.
Willsea,
Isn't it amazing how our bodies work? Just when you think you haven't lost an ounce, and maybe gained, your WI shows a lovely loss. Keep up the good work and getting to a normal BMI. I remember when I reached a normal one, felt great. Also, all of your blood count numbers are improving by virtue of this program.

Quote:
So for lunch I made my version of a vanilla chai tea latte... DELICIOUS! However I was too impatient for the tea to cool, so when I poured it in it melted all the ice cubes. But I have some cooling in the fridge now for tomorrow.
They also had a bag of frozen rhubarb but I chickened out at the last minute. Maybe I will be braver next time I go.
Susie,
Rhubarb is wonderful! Cooked with a little water and finished off with a little WF strawberry sauce really helps the fruit cravings. Maybe try it sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyS View Post
As someone else said, if you have vanilla flavored drink, look at Torani SF syrups, so many to pick from. There is a coconut version but also butter brickle, peanut butter, kahlua, etc.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #60  

down 0.8lbs blarrrgh! dam you scale

i asked if they were going to D/c the potato purree stuff to girl (not my coach) person at my clinic whom i see more often than my coach, says no. not to her knowledge.

so sleepy. need coffee back later
Closed Thread