Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 10:33 AM   #16  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning. Fourth weigh-in and down another 2.6lbs! And I did my measurements, and am down 18 inches since start!! Can't wait for my husband to get home for lunch so he can take my progress pictures so I can compare them!!

Two NSVs: 1) My "back-roll" is almost gone! 2) I could never sleep with my rings on because my fingers seemed to swell at night, and I had to be up a good hour in the morning before I could put them back on, and now I can just slide them on as soon as I wake up with no problem!

Have a great day, IPers!!!
Whoo hoo! Congrats to you! Now you won't be lacking in the motivation department!!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:41 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

Finally braved the 4th weigh in today.. On the 11th it will be a complete month. So I did lose 3.2lbs!! So that is down I did have a hard 4 days do to not getting enough veggies in and having 2 drinks with friends who I had not seen in 5 years! So I am back on track with the vitamins and my packets! Hoping next Tuesday's weigh in I have another loss!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Good morning. Fourth weigh-in and down another 2.6lbs! And I did my measurements, and am down 18 inches since start!! Can't wait for my husband to get home for lunch so he can take my progress pictures so I can compare them!!
Will you be posting your progress pics?!?!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Today is my 3rd day OP. So far I haven't had the headaches, hunger, etc. that I thought I would have during the first few days of IP. I'm not a coffee drinker, I love diet pepsi & was given permission to have 1 a day w/ the addition of extra water! So far, my DP has been sitting in my fridge & I haven't wanted it yet! My only cheat was jumping on the scales & I'm seeing some weight disappear; my coach asked me to hide them & only WI at her office. I'm really excited about the IP & am glad I waited until I had been on my thyroid meds for 2 weeks before beginning the diet. I go back to work next week & my kkids come the next. Hoping for some great energy by the 19th.
CUL8R! Sarah
Old 08-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #20  
IP Start Date 7/25/13

S/C/G: 193/185/136

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone.

I had my 2nd weigh in yesterday and I was down another 3.8 lbs (same as my first weigh in).

I've decided the drinks are best for me. I didn't care for any of the soups to want to eat them everyday. My weak spot is the peanut butter crunch bars so I have one of those as my snack everyday. Oh and I really like the banana pudding, whudathunkit.

I'm in Texas too and the heat is brutal. (I'm meeeeelting) My boys have football practice everyday so we are ALL pushing tons of water to stay hydrated.

I made some kale chips recently and I dunno, maybe I didn't make them correctly but I didn't care for them much, so I'll stick to salads. I bought a big "salad bowl" for me to use since none of our existing bowls seem to be big enough. The kids are loving that I'm making "meat" (chicken, steak, pork tenderloin, etc) every night instead of "quickie" meals like hotdogs or soup and sandwiches.

Anyway, I'm babbling now... Have a happy Thursday errrbody!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #21  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Did WI this AM and was down 3 lbs even, so a little better than last week. But, I am back in the 100's! That makes me so happy! Steadily losing inches. I think I will do a set of progress pics every 20 lbs down. Hope to post my before's and 20lbs lost progress for y'all by next week.

Also, I just want to thank everyone here for all the support y'all provide. It helps so much to come here everyday and see everyone's progress. I am so glad to be part of this community.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 265//200

Height: 5'6"

5 days in and I lost 6 lbs. I know that this wont happen every week, but it feels really good.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #23  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I have been so tired lately! Last night I could hardly keep my eyes open at 8pm. I finally got to bed at 9:30 and had a horrible night's rest...lots of night sweats. I think it is time to increase the Estrogen and see if that helps. The menopause symptoms are back full force since starting IP and I am totally bummed, but it was nice to have a brief reprieve from some of the symptoms.

On the bright side I tried my Health Smart Cinnamon Cereal this morning, with a little vanilla RTD and it was pretty good. It felt nice to have a "normal" breakfast, and crunch on some cereal. I love my morning frappe, but this was a nice change.

I went to a second hand store yesterday and found a couple pairs of pants for work. They should help get me to the next size. I am right between a 10 & 8 and expect to be in an 8 solidly by the time I hit goal. I am 13 lbs from goal as of this morning!!!!! I am beginning to think I may go a little more, but we will see how I feel as the next 10 lbs come off.

meinola: congrats on the 100's!

Poptartin: I am sure my 20 year old appreciates sitting down to home cooked meals too, rather than fast food and pizza, hot dogs, etc.. that we used to have so often. I try to make him some side dishes he will like to go along with the veggies and meat. I told him he is probably the only college student to come home during the summer and lose weight! He has been a real trooper and always tries my new concoctions. Decided he really doesn't like sauteed cabbage though.

Maxxy: I know it is discouraging when the losses slow a bit. Around the same length of time OP I actually gained a pound. I had been 100% OP but had been cleaning, painting, and doing a bunch of household chores to get ready for company. I was staying up late, on my feet all day, and should have also upped my water and added some protein. I did lose inches that week though. Hang in there, the losses go up & down through the journey.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #24  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Everyone who has WI today: please check with your coaches on product discontinuation. Is the potato purée being discontinued? This would be BAD for me
Have you tried the potato pure packet clone from the thread? I was gonna get the stuff and make it on my next day off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
It appears I am having a bad week. My official weigh in is tomorrow but I'm only down .4 lb. I've been 100% on plan so maybe some miracle will happen by tomorrow morning and I will be down a couple of pounds. This will be weigh in #6 and I had read that this does happen but it's so discouraging! If I had cheated, I would expect this result but I've been so good and strict!

On the positive side, my pants are all to big....lol. It's such a wonderful problem to have!

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow and maybe a bigger loss next week after this week of disaster.

I have had a few really slow weeks and also two where I have gained. The interesting thing is though, those were the weeks I lost the most inches. So hopefully you have been getting measured every week and you can see that your body is still working, just on a different page than the scale. Good luck tomorrow and just remember this isn't a sprint, it's a marathon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptartin View Post
I made some kale chips recently and I dunno, maybe I didn't make them correctly but I didn't care for them much, so I'll stick to salads. I bought a big "salad bowl" for me to use since none of our existing bowls seem to be big enough. The kids are loving that I'm making "meat" (chicken, steak, pork tenderloin, etc) every night instead of "quickie" meals like hotdogs or soup and sandwiches.

I love love LOVE kale chips! Unfortunately though I seem to not be able to make them, they always come out terrible I am honestly thinking of getting a food dehydrator to see if that works.

Anyways I am going back to bed, had to call in sick today and tomorrow I will be having an ingrown toenail removed. It's not been the best of weeks here. Switched to phase 2 just so I could have a bit more real food to take all these medicines with. Also have my annual health screening this coming Tuesday. This is what got me looking for a diet that worked last year as I weighed in at 230 pounds. I think I should make it this time! If you meet all four of their health standards you get a break on the cost of the insurance, I have never made the weight one before. It would be so exciting to finally make all four, wish me luck as I am still right on the boarder!

I hope everyone has a great day
Old 08-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #25  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptartin View Post
Good morning everyone.

I had my 2nd weigh in yesterday and I was down another 3.8 lbs (same as my first weigh in).

I've decided the drinks are best for me. I didn't care for any of the soups to want to eat them everyday. My weak spot is the peanut butter crunch bars so I have one of those as my snack everyday. Oh and I really like the banana pudding, whudathunkit.

I'm in Texas too and the heat is brutal. (I'm meeeeelting) My boys have football practice everyday so we are ALL pushing tons of water to stay hydrated.

Anyway, I'm babbling now... Have a happy Thursday errrbody!
I don't like the kale chips either! I don't get the big deal, mine were bitter and not really "crunchy" like I was looking for. I like the rutabaga "fries" much better, look up that recipe! I haven't been able to get mine to come out crispy but they do taste like soft, hot french fries. (like Wing Stop's!) Anyway I'm glad to hear that you are doing well! Week 3 is in the bag!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
It appears I am having a bad week. My official weigh in is tomorrow but I'm only down .4 lb. I've been 100% on plan so maybe some miracle will happen by tomorrow morning and I will be down a couple of pounds. This will be weigh in #6 and I had read that this does happen but it's so discouraging! If I had cheated, I would expect this result but I've been so good and strict!

On the positive side, my pants are all to big....lol. It's such a wonderful problem to have!

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow and maybe a bigger loss next week after this week of disaster.
I'm having the same problem! My WI is this afternoon after work and I'm almost expecting the scale to go up. Last week it was at 5:45 and I weighed in at 172.8. This morning I got on the scale at 170.5. I wonder how much more I'll weigh later in the day! Oh well! You and I will have a better week next week, I hope! I'm also in a smaller pant size this week so maybe we're losing more inches than pounds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Have you tried the potato pure packet clone from the thread? I was gonna get the stuff and make it on my next day off.

I love love LOVE kale chips! Unfortunately though I seem to not be able to make them, they always come out terrible I am honestly thinking of getting a food dehydrator to see if that works.

Anyways I am going back to bed, had to call in sick today and tomorrow I will be having an ingrown toenail removed. It's not been the best of weeks here. Switched to phase 2 just so I could have a bit more real food to take all these medicines with. Also have my annual health screening this coming Tuesday. This is what got me looking for a diet that worked last year as I weighed in at 230 pounds. I think I should make it this time! If you meet all four of their health standards you get a break on the cost of the insurance, I have never made the weight one before. It would be so exciting to finally make all four, wish me luck as I am still right on the boarder!

I hope everyone has a great day
Good luck! My company does the same screening, I am waiting till I'm closer to goal to do it! Feel better soon, take care of that toe!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #26  

i go for a WI in a lil bit here, will ask for you lisa.

i dont think my losses are all that stellar for the amount of cashola we are spending *sigh* and i know this not supposed to be a fast process....i just get impatient at times yanno lol ....anyhow..will check in when i get back
Old 08-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Default Question about Salt

So, I know I'm meant to have some additional salt every day, but haven't really had any of the headaches and things. Maybe it's because I have yet to have a 100% OP day, but I'm wondering how important the salt is. I've found I'm HUNGRY! often, but not so much the other sympotoms.

Thoughts?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #28  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

I tried something new with my morning shake: cayenne pepper! And do I ever like it!

My new morning drink = 2 cups spinach, 1 rtd chocolate drink, some stevia, a few ice cubes made out of a ginger infusion I make, and a few ice cubes made out of coffee.

Cayenne, so I read, has thermogenic benefits and helps boost weight loss
Old 08-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #29  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradogirl View Post
I like the rutabaga "fries" much better, look up that recipe! I haven't been able to get mine to come out crispy but they do taste like soft, hot french fries. (like Wing Stop's!)
i got my rutabaga fries a wee bit crispier by dipping them in an egg white wash before baking them.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #30  

Height: 5'-8"

I have been running around stressed with work the past couple of weeks. This week started off extra bad. Last night’s WI and was honestly scared to step on the scale. I feel horrible, boated, tired etc and in the past I always gained when stressed. I was shocked to see that I lost 2.1 Lbs. yay!! Next goal 4Lbs and I will have a normal BMI. Can’t wait for next week and a step closer to a goal.
Closed Thread