Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #31  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasunshine View Post
i got my rutabaga fries a wee bit crispier by dipping them in an egg white wash before baking them.
I am going to try that. Did you use any oil as well? Can you tell me how long you bake yours and what temp?
Old 08-08-2013, 12:49 PM   #32  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
Will you be posting your progress pics?!?!
Yes, I will eventually. I have been taking pics every two weeks, and I plan to measure every four weeks. My start pictures I have my measurements written on, so I will continue to do that. My husband took pics on his lunch but he was in a hurry so they are really fuzzy and zoomed out so I will have him re-do them when he gets home.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptartin View Post
Good morning everyone.

I had my 2nd weigh in yesterday and I was down another 3.8 lbs (same as my first weigh in). Good for you!!!!

I've decided the drinks are best for me. Yep!! Agree...works better most of the time for me too... Oh and I really like the banana pudding, whudathunkit. ME DITTO!! Try making them in your blender... The puddings and shakes are about all I use from IP.

I'm in Texas too and the heat is brutal. (I'm meeeeelting) My boys have football practice everyday so we are ALL pushing tons of water to stay hydrated. And again...ditto...been visiting daughter in Austin...lordy... !! Am from the east coast middle Atlantic area...and we call a heat wave when a few days in a row it's over 90

Anyway, I'm babbling now... Have a happy Thursday errrbody!
Happy Thursday it is..!

Last edited by 65X65; 08-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #34  
Third time's the charm!

So for lunch I made my version of a vanilla chai tea latte... DELICIOUS! However I was too impatient for the tea to cool, so when I poured it in it melted all the ice cubes. But I have some cooling in the fridge now for tomorrow. All I did was brew some tea, crush ice in my blender and put in a premier protein RTD vanilla shake. Only down side is it made a LOT! I had a hard time getting it all in because of the amount of foam. I think tomorrow I will try it with a vanilla pudding pack rather than the RTD and see if that helps.

I also went to a store around here called Almost Perfect that sells bulk quantities of pretty much everything. I was excited to get some frozen diced rutabaga, which I'm going to have alongside my Big Mac in a bowl tonight, and I also got two flavors of MIO for $2.50 each which is a good deal around here, and "bare" chicken nuggets. 5 nuggets have 2g carbs, 16g protein and 3 gram fat. I know the fat is likely higher than a regular chicken breast, but figured this would be good as a "treat" or to take with me to my parents trailer since they are pre-cooked. Now I just have to wait for my grocery store to get some WF BBQ sauce in stock!!

They also had a bag of frozen rhubarb but I chickened out at the last minute. Maybe I will be braver next time I go.

Last edited by shrinkingsusie; 08-08-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:09 PM   #35  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I am going to try that. Did you use any oil as well? Can you tell me how long you bake yours and what temp?
Curious about this too - I tried the turnip fries and they didn't turn out very crispy. Still good but would be much, much better crispy!

Jo
Old 08-08-2013, 01:20 PM   #36  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Used this recipe for crispy rutabaga fries
http://totalwellcoach.com/crispy-rutabaga-fries/
Old 08-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #37  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

Height: 5'6"

Is it important to follow the meal plan... i.e. IP products for breakfast and lunch and snack and your own for dinner... or can I mix it up a bit and have my own lunch and say IP for dinner?

Any thoughts? It would be really great to be able to eat lunch out with someone and then IP for supper...
Old 08-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #38  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
Is it important to follow the meal plan... i.e. IP products for breakfast and lunch and snack and your own for dinner... or can I mix it up a bit and have my own lunch and say IP for dinner?

Any thoughts? It would be really great to be able to eat lunch out with someone and then IP for supper...
A lot of people change it up, and also split up their protein and veggies so they are eating more frequently. As long as you get it all in, and not two hours before bed.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Quote:
i got my rutabaga fries a wee bit crispier by dipping them in an egg white wash before baking them.
I'm so happy that you posted this. I got a rutabaga in my CSA basket this past week. I actually didn't know what it was - had to google photos to be SURE it was a rutabaga! Look forward to having it tomorrow night with a lettuce-wrapped burger and will try the egg white wash.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #40  

Quote:
Awesome - thanks! I've got a couple of small turnips at home just waiting to become fries, lol!

I got a purple bell pepper in my organic fresh produce delivery last night - trying it on my salad today. Not bad, not really sweet like a normal bell pepper and a little nuttier in flavour.

Jo
Old 08-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #41  
Started IP 07/29/2013

S/C/G: 206.8/186/125

All this talk about ' fries'... what does rutabaga and turnips taste like? I have been Leary to buy them..
Old 08-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyBobber View Post
All this talk about ' fries'... what does rutabaga and turnips taste like? I have been Leary to buy them..
I haven't tried the rutabaga ones but I enjoyed the turnip fries, even if I couldn't get them crispy! Didn't really taste like potato fries but close enough with a lettuce burger and ketchup to be yummy!

Jo
Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Holy crud!! Rough day at the office. Our building is doing an Ice Cream Social as a thank you, and oh man!! I'm dying here! I had one co-worker who was practically begging me to eat ice cream with her. Whew! I'll be glad when today is over.

Staying strong and remembering that "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."
Old 08-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #44  

Quote:
Quote:
Thank you for posting! I haven't been turning mine and I've been using olive oil so maybe that's my problem. I will definitely try it.

You get to 169 yet?!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #45  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
I haven't tried the rutabaga ones but I enjoyed the turnip fries, even if I couldn't get them crispy! Didn't really taste like potato fries but close enough with a lettuce burger and ketchup to be yummy!

Jo
My turnip fries were okay, but had an after-taste...almost bitter. Did yours? Maybe my turnips were old? Never had had a turnip before until IP. Might try rutabagas next. Bought my first jicama yesterday.
Closed Thread