Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 08:53 AM   #466  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

I hope you feel better Lisa.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Had to share my 100% victory from this past weekend: I was out of town and went out Saturday night with some friends, I sipped on LOTS of water and had a great time. Around midnight a few ladies wanted to grab something to eat. We went into a little place and they ordered a massive amount of food, won't go into the gory details but not one item on the table was IP approved. I resisted the urge (that probably would have made me very ill!) and was rewarded with a 3.8# drop this week! Hooray for staying 100% and still having a social life
Old 04-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #468  

I have one word for those of you who have been around a while. You'll "get it": REALLY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
Had to share my 100% victory from this past weekend: I was out of town and went out Saturday night with some friends, I sipped on LOTS of water and had a great time. Around midnight a few ladies wanted to grab something to eat. We went into a little place and they ordered a massive amount of food, won't go into the gory details but not one item on the table was IP approved. I resisted the urge (that probably would have made me very ill!) and was rewarded with a 3.8# drop this week! Hooray for staying 100% and still having a social life
Strengthening willpower always feels fabulous!
Old 04-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #469  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I have one word for those of you who have been around a while. You'll "get it": REALLY?

Strengthening willpower always feels fabulous!

Quote:
Way to go! It's a major NSV when you realize you don't need the off plan foods or alcohol to have a good time.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:27 PM   #470  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Srsly.
Old 04-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #471  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Today marks 3 months on IP (month to month - last week marked 12 weeks). My former self would never have believed I'd go 90 days on a diet without cheating once.

WI tomorrow should have me down 37lbs with 16lbs to goal. The mirror me says I probably need to lose more than 16 as there's still too much flab showing but I suppose some of that needs adjusted through excercise. Minus the clothes I should be at 165 when I start P2. Not sure how it'll look at 5'10" since the last time I weighed that was around 3rd grade.

Last edited by M35A2; 04-25-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #472  
Started IP 7/9/12

M35A2 Happy 3 month IP anniversary!
Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 PM   #473  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hi 100%ers
I'm home today with some crud. Oh how I wish parents would keep sick children home from school!

The chicken went in the crockpot last nite (whole frozen chicken, on high) to roast so I could make soup today. I'll be drinking ginger lemon tea all day (stocked up on both lemons and ginger root on my way home from work). I also swung by the Wednesday organic farmers market (before I realized it wasn't allergies) and got some organic lettuce & kale (mine isn't quite big enuf to pick yet) and a cucumber plant.

I also talked to a local grass-fed beef supplier about a side of beef for $4/lb. Much less than we've been paying per piece! Problem is, we'd have to buy a freezer. Hubby is going to factor that cost in tonite. Long-run, still probably less expensive.

Have a great day!

I've only made kale & zucchini. My problem right now is that I want MORE veggies, not less. Dehydrating them reduces them.
I've seen others made radish chips, rutabaga, turnip. Some radishes at the farmers market are HUGE!
Yesterday at the farmers market, they had mustard greens. I wonder how they'd be as chips?
Some things will have to wait for maintenance
Soup sounds great! Hope you feel better soon.

Great idea for the radish chips, I bought some tonight and will be trying it on the weekend. I'm a little bit afraid of kale, but maybe I'll have to try that next. Do you just cut it up?

Quote:
Thanks IPN, you're right! I'll share the plan on the daily

ETA: About 2-3 months ago (however long the wii fit lets you plan it out) I set a goal to be under the obese BMI range by tomorrow.
Then came the stupid predinsone....
But, you know what? I weighed again this am and was down .6 more.
LOL...if I'm down another .6 tomorrow, I'll still meet the goal.

In the BIG SCHEME, we all know .6 means nothing, or rather, a tiny drop in the bucket, and whatever day I hit the goal will be good.

I just can't believe I am now within OUNCES of being out of the obese BMI range! I'm not going to change anything today to "make" that happen. I know there are people who would (like only have packets today, boot-camp style). In the grand-scheme, it's all good! Every ounce, every lb, every time willpower wins, every new size, EVERYTHING!

I still have work to do...normal BMI is in my future...it will happen! I still remember not so many months ago thinking it would be quite a day indeed when I was no longer obese BMI. That is just not enough for me today.
You are so close to that goal, and so close to the timeline you had set! I'm thinking that even if you aren't exactly on, your scale is probably not calibrated that closely. I'd call it a win!! Being out of the obese BMI is incredible!

Quote:
Great NSV! Isn't it great to have that much control over food?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Today marks 3 months on IP (month to month - last week marked 12 weeks). My former self would never have believed I'd go 90 days on a diet without cheating once.

WI tomorrow should have me down 37lbs with 16lbs to goal. The mirror me says I probably need to lose more than 16 as there's still too much flab showing but I suppose some of that needs adjusted through excercise. Minus the clothes I should be at 165 when I start P2. Not sure how it'll look at 5'10" since the last time I weighed that was around 3rd grade.
3rd grade! That's quite a step back in time. Congratulations on all your success!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #474  

Quote:
Congrats on no cheats and great success! The plan really has thought it out for us so cheats don't have to happen, hasn't it? Although diets are never easy, this is by far the easiest one I've been on!

Exercise will most definitely help!
Old 04-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #475  
Started IP 7/9/12

Thought I would share this Paleo website for those of you who plan on eating Paleo in maintenance. My cousin sent me the link yesterday and the recipes look so good! Kind of a cheesy name for the site though.

http://paleomg.com/

I've decided that I'm going to start phasing out at the end of May. I'm looking forward to spending the summer doing a lot of activities with the kids and I have had a difficult time with increased activity resulting in ravenous hunger. It's been really tough lately, I haven't cheated, but when I am more active it results in a several days of struggling to stay on plan. My stomach feels like a bottomless pit, then it takes everything I've got to only eat the qty's I'm allowed. I do add the extra packet on the days with high activity, but it doesn't really help with the hunger.

I'm interested to see how my body will change once I get more active and maintain for a few months too. If after the summer is over and I feel like I want to lose some more, I'll go back to phase 1.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #476  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Thought I would share this Paleo website for those of you who plan on eating Paleo in maintenance. My cousin sent me the link yesterday and the recipes look so good! Kind of a cheesy name for the site though.

I've decided that I'm going to start phasing out at the end of May. I'm looking forward to spending the summer doing a lot of activities with the kids and I have had a difficult time with increased activity resulting in ravenous hunger. It's been really tough lately, I haven't cheated, but when I am more active it results in a several days of struggling to stay on plan. My stomach feels like a bottomless pit, then it takes everything I've got to only eat the qty's I'm allowed. I do add the extra packet on the days with high activity, but it doesn't really help with the hunger.

I'm interested to see how my body will change once I get more active and maintain for a few months too. If after the summer is over and I feel like I want to lose some more, I'll go back to phase 1.
Hey girl: are you adding an extra packet for the extra activity?
Old 04-26-2013, 09:15 AM   #477  

Sooooo....
yesterday I shared that I had set a goal a while back on the wii fit to be into the overweight BMI range by today (no longer obese). I had .6 lb to go to meet that goal as of yesterday

I'd like to thank the whoosh fairy for her visit.

I was down 2.4 this morning!!! I weighed 3 times and it was the same each time (I've found my wii fit board to be very accurate...about 1 lb different than my clinic each time)

and, to add to the "excitement", that is 6.3 lbs this week (4.9 from last WI weight and then there was the bouncing around....) Wow. I haven't lost that much weight in a long, long time!

Maybe I'll add ginger & lemon to my water EVERY day! LOL

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-26-2013 at 10:38 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #478  
Started IP 7/9/12

Lisa- Yes, I add an extra packet but only on the day with the extra activity. The problem is the hunger continues for 2 days after. It's strange that I've had this issue for the last few months, but it was not an issue in the first 6 months on IP. I wonder what changed. I would think that it shouldnt affect me as much now because the calorie deficit is smaller now than when I was heavier.

on your BMI. It is official now, the whoosh fair has visited you!!!

Please send her my way. I will be stopping at the store to buy some fresh ginger and a bag of lemons, because it seems like it may attract the whoosh fairy.

Last edited by ragdoll74; 04-26-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #479  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Drooling! Does that beach vaca come with paleo
Quote:
Way to go! No other way to be than 100% (IMO)
Quote:
I was down 2.4 this morning!!! I weighed 3 times and it was the same each time (I've found my wii fit board to be very accurate...about 1 lb different than my clinic each time)
and, to add to the "excitement", that is 4.9 lbs this week. Wow. I haven't lost that much weight in a long, long time!
Maybe I'll add ginger & lemon to my water EVERY day! LOL
Whoop whoop!! Great job Lisa! Way to not let a little bug get in your way

It's getting to be time hit up the consignment shop and/or TJ Maxx/Marshall's. Love that this diet has helped me gain an actual style rather than "wear what fits!" Have a great 100% OP day everyone
Old 04-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #480  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
Drooling! Does that beach vaca come with paleo

It's getting to be time hit up the consignment shop and/or TJ Maxx/Marshall's. Love that this diet has helped me gain an actual style rather than "wear what fits!" Have a great 100% OP day everyone
I wish it did come with paleo! I could use a beach vacation about now. Our summer vacation is going to be at Mount Hood, OR so no beach in my near future.

Have fun shopping!!!
Closed Thread