Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #496  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Great job everybody! Please send the whoosh fairy my way Lisa and Monica!

I would love to have a veggie garden, except I don't have a clue what I'm doing and don't know if anything would actually grow!

I'm a little bummed because I had my weigh-in this morning, and it was 0 for the 3rd week in a row. However, I'm going to keep on keeping on 100% because I know eventually my body will release the weight, right?
Old 04-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #497  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to Ideal Protein. Today is Day 5 on phase 1 and so far its been amazing. I love the food, I have no cravings and no hunger. I have been following the diet 100% for fear of changing something that will hinder my weight loss. I have been in Ketosis since testing the morning of day 2 and I enjoy checking it each morning. It makes my day start out on track

Well I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! and let you all know I have been reading your posts/comments and I have to say you all are doing a fantastic job and I am really glad I found this website!! Keep it up ladies (and gentlemen) you are a true inspiration
Old 04-26-2013, 06:43 PM   #498  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

claustin
Old 04-26-2013, 06:53 PM   #499  
My Own Worst Enemy

Thanks ragdoll74
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Thank you for all the support you 100% have given me over the past 7 months, it is the reason I am able to enjoy myself while on this diet journey. I am here for anyone who needs support and I love all of you who are here for me . Now off to my night shifts.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #501  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

lisa32989 Congratulations on the whoosh, it is about time she found you and countered that prednisone.

Halfagain I use my dogs as an excuse as to why I don't garden but the truth is I have a brown thumb when it comes to plants.

stargirl66 I think it is up to you to share as much or as little as you want. I tell everyone everything, but that is me, I think if they all know then I can use that as motivation to never go back there again.

IdealProteinNewbie Eventually the weight will be let go, it is so very frustrating when we stall but we are in a deficit for calories and eventually the body has to give it up. Hang in there, we are here for you.

claustin
Old 04-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #502  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to Ideal Protein. Today is Day 5 on phase 1 and so far its been amazing. I love the food, I have no cravings and no hunger. I have been following the diet 100% for fear of changing something that will hinder my weight loss. I have been in Ketosis since testing the morning of day 2 and I enjoy checking it each morning. It makes my day start out on track

Well I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi! and let you all know I have been reading your posts/comments and I have to say you all are doing a fantastic job and I am really glad I found this website!! Keep it up ladies (and gentlemen) you are a true inspiration
Hello and WELCOME!!!

When you stay on protocol you wont have to check for
Ketosis, you will be there! There is lots of good reading here, great info!
Wishing you good luck on your journey!
See you around,

D
Old 04-26-2013, 08:51 PM   #503  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
So as of today I have joined the century club!!! I have lost 100.2lbs as of this morning and could not be happier, it comes just after a very nice 6 day visit from my family. The funny part is I am like 3 lbs off my original goal of 175 lbs which I thought was a close to unobtainable goal. Us IP veterans sure know that is not true.]
Monica, that's awesome!!! 100 pounds gone!!! Congratulations!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
I just got home from an all day trip to the farm with 24 preschoolers. Needless to say I was more than a little tired, hungry and stressed out when I got home.!
Oh, I remember those trips to the farm with preschoolers. You're in CN - it must be spring now! Hope it was fun! And you are at 99 pounds - soon to be in the 100 club as well! Wow, Onmyway!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Hello all! I haven't been around much lately, but still OP and hanging in there.
I'm constantly getting questioned about how much weight I've lost now, and for me, that is none of anyone's business! I just tell them that I don't care to share that information with anyone ('cept you all!). Am I being uptight? I just feel like I would be admitting to the world how out of control I was. It's not much different than asking someone how much they gained.
And you've got a wonderful loss, too! Now that I'm at goal, when people ask me "have you lost some weight?" I usually answer with the number 85! I never thought I could lose that much weight and the number just sounds wonderful to me! I figure, if they ask, they can get the answer!

Welcome, claustin!!
Old 04-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #504  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

I didn't think much of admitting how much I have lost when people ask until last week when my son's dr. responded to my number by saying : Wow I would never have thought you had THAT much to lose.

It's kind of like saying holy cow you really were fat!!! Isn't it?

I think from now on I will just say a lot and leave it at that.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:40 PM   #505  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
We're doing bucket gardening this year. The tomatoes are already over 3' tall (picture was 3 weeks ago). And yes I do miss the occasional ferry ride but I don't miss winter
Oh my goodness, I am so envious of those beautiful plants. We have a very short season for tomatoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
We got 6 chicks a couple weeks ago. Can't wait until they can supply us with eggs. My hubby is building a run and coop this week. Right now they are in a rabbit hutch, but they are growing FAST! This is our first experience with chickens, but so far, so good.

Hubby also has one raised bed and several buckets of different kinds of peppers. (He likes to make his own hot sauce.)
Nice! Chicks are so cute, and chickens are such fun. My SIL actually buys meal worms for her hens as treats. Her hens are such pets.

Quote:
So as of today I have joined the century club!!! I have lost 100.2lbs as of this morning and could not be happier, it comes just after a very nice 6 day visit from my family. The funny part is I am like 3 lbs off my original goal of 175 lbs which I thought was a close to unobtainable goal. Us IP veterans sure know that is not true. Now it is going to me keeping an eye on my face to make sure I am not looking to gaunt in the next 28 lbs because that is my families fear and mine as well. I don't want to look gaunt in the face with hanging skin everywhere else
Congratulations! Welcome to the Century club! I am with Lisa on the loose skin. I have just come to accept that I will have it as I'm 51, and with the amount I've lost it just will be there. I'm sure some of it will eventually absorb, but if it doesn't, so be it. I just lowered my goal another 10 pounds. DH was adamant I've lost plenty and he'd be happy if I stopped now. My old 195 goal I don't think I'll be quite into the size 14's as comfortable as I want, and it was too close to be bumping up against the 200 mark for me. I'm going for 185 and possibly will keep 190 as my ceiling if I get a bigger phase in increase than I expect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargirl66 View Post
Hello all! I haven't been around much lately, but still OP and hanging in there.
I'm constantly getting questioned about how much weight I've lost now, and for me, that is none of anyone's business! I just tell them that I don't care to share that information with anyone ('cept you all!). Am I being uptight? I just feel like I would be admitting to the world how out of control I was. It's not much different than asking someone how much they gained.

I did share the program with some coworkers, and pointed them to this site for more info, so wanted to remove my photo since I don't want anyone to recognize me. I don't actually think anyone will do the program, so maybe I'll update later with a more current skinnier-me pic.
I have shared my loss numbers with a co-worker who inspired me to try IP. He's in the office with all my old team, and so they all know. It was amazing to say I've dropped 100 lbs, but now that I'm half again that, it is rather awkward feeling. I think I'll just stay with "over 100" and call it a day. I too took my photo down for a while when I pointed some co-workers here. I figured if they stayed around this long, they've figured out who I am anyway, so the photo's back up. If they weren't really interested they have lost the link by now too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Great job everybody! Please send the whoosh fairy my way Lisa and Monica!

I would love to have a veggie garden, except I don't have a clue what I'm doing and don't know if anything would actually grow!

I'm a little bummed because I had my weigh-in this morning, and it was 0 for the 3rd week in a row. However, I'm going to keep on keeping on 100% because I know eventually my body will release the weight, right?
Absolutely right. Keep on, you will see results. If I can keep the slugs, snails, and other pests from eating what grows first, I think the garden will be fine. It's more of a battle between the varmits and us that is harder than the actually growing :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
Hi everyone,

Welcome! No need to check for Ketosis if you are staying 100% on plan. The sticks loose their coloring magic as your body adjusts to being in Ketosis and with all the water we need to drink. It could make you nervous if the color thing doesn't look the same over time. While I'm sure it's a comfort, just be sure it won't make you worry if they fizzle. You are still in Ketosis if you are sticking to the plan

Quote:
[SIZE="3"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Magenta"]lisa32989 Congratulations on the whoosh, it is about time she found you and countered that prednisone.

Halfagain I use my dogs as an excuse as to why I don't garden but the truth is I have a brown thumb when it comes to plants.
My dog was right in the middle of our garden, wondering what all the fuss was. She likes the focus to be on her. Back when we had two labs, I agree that would have been "fun" as they loved to dig. We still did hanging flowers though back then. Those Topsy turvy things are fun too (upside down hanging tomato)... except I have a hard time keeping up with the watering on them.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:33 PM   #506  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Monika!!!!!!!!! OMG! 100lbs! I'm so happy for you! You've worked so hard. What a milestone for you. Very proud of you!

Lisa! Good for you for smashing through your goal on the date you have set out for yourself. I appreciate that you are always so positive and so eager to educate others. Good for you!
Old 04-27-2013, 07:56 AM   #507  

FWIW: I've gone beyond REALLY? To:

You have got to be kidding me

So glad I find sanity with all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Congratulations! I'm so glad the Whoosh Fairy made her appearance right on queue. Way to go! Do you have anything planned for a reward?
No reward really. Interesting how the milestone itself is reward enough. My next mini goal is 75% to goal which is 1 lb under the weight I never got under on Atkins.
Now, THAT I'll celebrate somehow. It'll be like crossing a border into uncharted territory.
I'm already looking for a red necklace. Maybe that'll be the thing!

I need to do new pics. My last before/during is from Feb. I was planning on tomorrow but I have this stupid cold! We'll see....

Monica My parents were delighted! Mom brought me some tops (not my style but very thoughtful). She's up 5 from her lowest but I'm wondering if that's just a more sustainable maintenance weight for her. She says she's been maintaining it easily. They said they almost didnt recognize me. I had to go back and look at my pics from Nov to see the change they are seeing.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-27-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:42 AM   #508  
My Own Worst Enemy

Thank you for all the "welcomes" I am loving this site so far!! And the diet. I am not a big eater and I am very picky at eating so its wonderful to have pre-determined food. I find it easy to stay on track, but it has only been 6 days lol I'm sure it will change. Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #509  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Good morning fellow 100%ers. Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

This morning my scale told me my body age is 33. I have no idea how it calculates body age, but it's still exciting to see it take 6 years off my actual age.

I updated my progress pics in my profile this morning. Took the pics yesterday after I had my hair done and was feeling skinny.

We've had gorgeous weather here this weekend, so I'll be spending most of my time today doing yard work.
Old 04-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #510  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Ragdoll: You look amazing in the new pictures!
Closed Thread