Old 01-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

Men the first week weight in is usually great.
You have to remember that this is process with a goal in mind. I did really well the first week, and was hoping for the same the second week, that did not happen.
And the fact is I dropped out of the forum for a week, just because I felt I got chewed out for being disappointed.
So, there will be ups and downs, some weeks better then others. Some weeks you will lose pounds and some inches.
But you are losing...that is the thing to keep in mind.
You just have to keep plugging along. Knowing that you are going to reach that goal. It just won't be in a hour, like a TV show.
The main thing is to stick to it.
Congrats on the loss so far, with more coming in the future.
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #77  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcamper View Post
Men the first week weight in is usually great.
You have to remember that this is process with a goal in mind. I did really well the first week, and was hoping for the same the second week, that did not happen.
And the fact is I dropped out of the forum for a week, just because I felt I got chewed out for being disappointed.
So, there will be ups and downs, some weeks better then others. Some weeks you will lose pounds and some inches.
But you are losing...that is the thing to keep in mind.
You just have to keep plugging along. Knowing that you are going to reach that goal. It just won't be in a hour, like a TV show.
The main thing is to stick to it.
Congrats on the loss so far, with more coming in the future.
I hear ya Bill. I'm keeping an even keel on expectations. I'm happy with today but I know it won't be as good next Monday. This diet I'm really treating like a marathon and not a sprint. ...You know if I shed all this fat maybe I'll try a half-marathon!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #78  

Men, day 14, down 18 pounds .....

Woot!
ChicagoPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #79  

WAY TO GO PHIL.

I do Sprints all day long running to PEE....
Old 01-28-2013, 04:55 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPhil View Post
Men, day 14, down 18 pounds .....

Woot!
Way to go, it tooke me 3 weeks to get off 18!. And I have been been pretty darn close to perfect plan.
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:12 PM   #81  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcamper View Post
WAY TO GO PHIL.

I do Sprints all day long running to PEE....
Ha, in the IT world we call things like this 'hidden features'
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #82  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I might lower it or raise it. For now it's my "goal" I'm so happy with how far I've come.
02-21-97 Graduation from the full time police academy.
Awesome photos. I also changed my goal a couple of times. Just gotta find what feels right.

Since you posted some old photos, I dug one out of me when I was 18 (22 years ago!) I think I was around 120 or under in this photo. LOL Highly doubt I get back to that, honestly, I don't want to. When I finally hit 140 I was looking pretty sick.

jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM   #83  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Day 4 Meals

Breakfast: IP Orange Drink, black tea
Lunch: IP Chicken A La King Pottage Mix, 4oz skinless chicken, 2 cups cucumber, Cascade Ice Lemonade
Dinner: Pork Loin Chop 4oz, 2 cups roasted brocolli/cauliflower
Snack: IP Dark Chocolate Pudding Cookies with WF Caramel Sauce

Funny thing is I haven't been, what I would call, seriously hungry since starting this. Today, especially with the stomach issues, I really didn't want to eat at all but forced it down (didn't have to worry about backfilling with lettuce). Usually when my stomach is upset I'd have a 7UP and start feeling better. Since that isn't allowed I had a Cascade Ice Lemonade. Not the same but it got me burping some and seemed to ease things.

Anixous for bed so I can try and get back some of the sleep I missed last night and start the day all over again.

Last edited by M35A2; 01-28-2013 at 08:28 PM.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #84  

And just think that cute boy, was not near the smart and handsome guy you are now.
With age comes a whole lot the young don't get.
I have set my goal, to where I really want to be, and have not been there in so long it is sort of scary. But I am going back there come **** or "no cinnibons" forever.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 282/240/190

Height: 5' 10"

Damn Fellas...when I left this morning to head out of town to work today, we were at the bottom of page 4....almost 2 full pages in a day! That is more posts than the last 2 weeks combined I think!!! At this rate I will not be able to keep up.

I am glad to hear everyone is doing so wonderful. My energy levels seem to increase by the day and hour! Used to on days like this I would completely crash around 5 or so and I am still burning the candle at both ends!

I had a great day today and have my 4th WI on Wednesday. I should be on pace to be down another 5 lbs...I'll let you guys know on Wednesday.

On a separate note...I have had my wife doing IP with alternative products due to cost. She is getting frustrated because the scale just isn't going down like it should. I know I have read where women can sometimes tend to retain a little more water in their muscles which could mask weight loss, but I am at a loss as to why she isn't seeing it on the scale. I have to contain my excitement of my loss due to the frustration on her end for her lack-thereof...any suggestions out there? She hasn't strayed from protocol (she had been guilty of not eating here veggies at lunch a couple of times)...I am thinking that maybe she is just one of those people that are a little more sensitive to carbs and the restricteds might be kicking her out of ketosis. I went to CVS and got some ketostix cuz I want her to closely monitor her ketones. If she is waking up not in ketosis, i might start having her to consume half a restricted as opposed to a full. She is gonna be pissed if she has to do that...she loves those damn strawberry wafers as much as me! Lord help me if that happens
HornsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #86  
IP Start 01/25/13

Hornsfan,

Did the cauliflower/brocolli roasted veggies tonight. Thought the wife was going to jump over the table to take mine they were so good! Picked up a cool oil mister at HEB. You pump it up with the top and it sprays just like an aerosol.

New favorite for us is the IP Southwest Puffs. I know what you mean about the restricted stuff. Seems like the things we're liking best is on the list.

Wife has her first WI tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it's good to keep her motivated. Problem is it'll only be the start of Day 5 for her. I don't do mine until Friday so I'll have an extra couple of days to burn the weight.

Last edited by M35A2; 01-28-2013 at 10:20 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 282/240/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Hornsfan,

Did the cauliflower/brocolli roasted veggies tonight. Thought the wife was going to jump over the table to take mine they were so good! Picked up a cool oil mister at HEB. You pump it up with the top and it sprays just like an aerosol.

New favorite for us is the IP Southwest Puffs. I know what you mean about the restricted stuff. Seems like the things we're liking best is on the list.

Wife has her first WI tomorrow morning. I'm hoping it's good to keep her motivated. Problem is it'll only be the start of Day 5 for her. I don't do mine until Friday so I'll have an extra couple of days to burn the weight.
That's great man! The roasted veggies rock and you can do so many different combos with it and variations of seasons and whatnot. I like the SW Puffs also, but they kind of make me wanna sneeze while I eat them...must be some type of cayenne peeper or something on them that do it, but they are definitely good!

I noticed you live in Spring Branch...that ace has grown so much over the last 10 years. I get over to that area probably once every other month. Got a good friend and business associate that lives over in River Crossing. I gre up in Kerrville and I remember all of the bus trips over to Smithson Valley for football track and baseball and there use to be absolutely nothing there...it always seemed like the longest bus trips over to SV and to New Braunfels. That was way back when SV was the one guaranteed win on the schedule!
HornsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #88  

Horns, This might not help your wife, but I know I will stay the same weight, for days and then drop. I know the gal at work is always telling me to just keep going. That you just have to keep track of inches, and let the weight come of, it will do it in spurts....hopefully. Are you going to your weekly meeting and she is not, signed up. Maybe you will need to repeat your appt. including doing measurements on her so, she can see results. Just a thought, women do loose at a slower rate then men.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 AM   #89  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
I noticed you live in Spring Branch...that ace has grown so much over the last 10 years. I get over to that area probably once every other month. Got a good friend and business associate that lives over in River Crossing.
I live directly across from River Crossing so the next time you're up let me know and we'll grill some veggies. I can also take you for a spin in my username (M35A2, 2.5 ton Army truck) or my avatar (M37 3/4 ton used by the Israeli Defense Force - that's the wife's truck).
Old 01-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #90  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
That's great man! The roasted veggies rock and you can do so many different combos with it and variations of seasons and whatnot. I like the SW Puffs also, but they kind of make me wanna sneeze while I eat them...must be some type of cayenne peeper or something on them that do it, but they are definitely good!
Hey Horns!

I took your advice too! Last night with my turkey burger I whipped up some asparagus and zucchini added a bit of OO salt, pepper and a garlic seasoning I had. Set the oven broiler on high and laid it all on a cooking sheet, threw it in and in about 10 mins it was done. Damn!!! It was fantastic! Best meal yet on IP
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote