Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadedge View Post
We are like the 220 club around here! My coach is suggesting 215-210. Seems like a long way away! I go on a cruise March 9th so that is gonna be the hiccup along the way.
Wonder why so many of us picked that number?

I don't know who on this thread suggested pre-mixing the pudding and tossing it in the refridgerator. Wow is that good. Coach wants us to eat 1 restricted food a day. Sometimes I struggle with that. Not having 1, just having 1

I managed to watch 1 play of the pro-bowl. I just can't get into that game even though I know that is only 1 of two games left.
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 295/ticker/230

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
You can't go wrong roasting the veg like that. Wife and I are hooked on that method! Who knew vegetables could taste so good!
There are TWO big Shocks on this life-style for me.
I thought giving up booze would be much harder--don't even have the urge.

And your statement "Who knew vegetables could taste so good"

When I started this on January 2nd, I made a pledge to give it 1 month. And if I didn't cheat I would reward myself with big pig-out on Superbowl Sunday. Well here it is six days to that event, and the thought of a pig-out on Superbowl isn't even in my brain. The wife and I are planning to bring our own food. Tacos using lettuce leaves as the shell!
GoBears60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 AM   #63  
~John Wayne~ On:6/21/2012

Height: 5'4"

I've been in maintenance/P4 since the beginning of November, so my comments below come from that view point. I've been doing great keeping my weight between my goal of 140 and 145, gave myself a 5lb wiggle room. I had National Guard duty this weekend and totally blew my good work so far. I weighed in at 149 this morning. I have become way too relaxed, and the weird weekend we just had really didn't help. (I won't torture you all by listing all the stuff I knew I shouldn't have had this weekend. ).

Anyway, contacted my coach and have made an order to go pick up some food this afternoon. The program really is too simple, even P4, for me to do this, I know better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
1st meal this morning. I had the crispy cereal. Not bad but I'm really going to have to learn to mix it better (a bit gritty).

I spent 1/2 hour last night chopping veggies so the wife can just grab some and go in the morning. She's got a pretty stressful job and I'm a little worried whether she'll be able to stick to this. Luckily she's got someone at work who is on it as well so maybe they can help each other out.
Super cold water is the key with that cereal. For your wife, I found that the strict structure of the program gave me something stable to latch on when things got too stressful at work. Maybe if she looks at it like that the stress level will be more manageable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
Hey guys - I'm new here. Day 2 for me (and my wife).

Anyway - long story short, I am looking forward to the challenge ahead. First goal is to lose the 38lbs and get back to 274. Ultimately, if I could see 220's, that would be something I thought never possible - at least since 6th grade. ha ha
Welcome, nothing with this program is impossible. Great attitude so far, making mini-goals. Doing this really helped me get to where I wanted to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
Must be Friday! Lot's of chatter and good moods in the forum today! I am really excited to see so many newbies in the forum and I'd like to say hello to all the ones I've yet to chat with.

My buddies are no longer trying to "break" me and have started turning to a more supportive attitude...so that pressure has really much subsided. I think they have witnessed first hand my determination to make this lifestyle change work, plus they are starting to see the results!

Think positive right?!?!
LOL, I was having a good Friday until my military weekend started up...HA HA I agree, it is great seeing so many new guys!

It's cool your buddies are becoming supportive of you. You showed them what you are made of and they are starting to respect you more since you stood your ground. Way to go.

Keep thinking positive!

Quote:
Great job!!

I'm on the last hole on my belt. It is pretty ratty, I'll be glad to see it in the trash!
NO WAY - don't throw that belt in the trash. Keep it, then in a month put it back on and enjoy how ridiculously big it looks on you. That is a great motivator. I still have my belt I had when I started (tight size 36) and it looks really funny when I wrap it around my new sized 29-30 inch waist. I posted a photo of me with it on somewhere in here if you wanna go look at all my posts for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Wish I had the extra height and I'd already be done

The wife and I are arguing over how much I should lose. I'd like to get below 175 but she wants me to stop at 195. Guess my first goal is the 195.
Dude, what are you talking about, extra height? I'm 5'4", I needed the extra height.

I had a really hard time figuring out what my goal weight should be. I pulled a number out of thin air (140) and actually went on to P2 when I hit 142 at the coaches office. I was starting to look too thin, almost like I was sick. So, listen to your body and mirror and shoot for your goal, but do what feels right when you are really close.

Quote:
Made it through inventory today at my store. I knew it would be a big test as it a day filled with donuts, muffins, pop and pizza!
Pizza is my downfall, I love it so much. Great work on making it through your rough day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Anyone make the Chocolate/Spinach drink mix in the mornings for breakfast? Trying to figure out why mine comes out so frothy, fills up like 3 containers at first until it settles.

1 IP Chocolate or Cappucino mix
1 cup of baby spinach
8 oz of chilled coffee
4 oz of iced cold water
4 or 5 ice cubes

I throw all that in a Ninja blender and well its good, I like it, but it comes out so damn frothy!
Run just the water and spinach until the spinach is just about all pulverized, then a little bit longer. Put the IP Mix in very last and run it a little slow, nothing to chop up, just stirring it around a bit. I didn't use ice cubes in mine, so I'm not really sure of the effect they have. I do know that these shakes got me to take my 4 cups of veggies every day. I even put in some Walden Farms strawberry syrup in it sometimes to change up the flavor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HornsFan View Post
Dole...I hear you on the frothiness. We don't have a ninja, but do have a vitamix (6 in one, half a dozen in the other). I think it has something to do with the power of those machines. Try mixing everything except the Cappucino mix and add that last on a more of a slow speed. See if the helps with the frothiness.
This is how I made mine.
jwdesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #64  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
Wonder why so many of us picked that number?

I don't know who on this thread suggested pre-mixing the pudding and tossing it in the refridgerator. Wow is that good. Coach wants us to eat 1 restricted food a day. Sometimes I struggle with that. Not having 1, just having 1

I managed to watch 1 play of the pro-bowl. I just can't get into that game even though I know that is only 1 of two games left.
Well I picked 240 or 250 at first then I looked at the BMI charts ans saw that was still obese. I kept lowering the number until I came up with just "overweight" it is just a number. I looked at some old photos recently of my police academy graduation and I really liked how I looked and felt then but that was closer to 240. It is a moving target for me. I still have a way to go. I might lower it or raise it. For now it's my "goal" I'm so happy with how far I've come.
02-21-97 Graduation from the full time police academy.

The next day out to breakfast with my girlfriend now wife and her little sister.

Last edited by usmcvet; 01-28-2013 at 10:28 AM.
usmcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #65  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBears60 View Post
The wife and I are planning to bring our own food. Tacos using lettuce leaves as the shell!
There's a burger place in San Antonio called Mooyah's (not sure if it's a chain or not) that has an IceBurger where they replace the bun with lettuce. Used to be one of my favorites but without mayo, avocado, and bacon I don't think I'd enjoy it as much.

Start of day 4 today and my coach said today and tomorrow would be the worst. About an hour in to today I got hit with nausea so bad I thought I was going to lose my orange drink from breakfast. Lasted about 1/2 hour and then I've been fine since. Anyone have anything similar? I'm hoping it's the diet and not the start of the flu.

Mark
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 AM   #66  
Began IP 3-29-2012

are you taking all of your supplements at once? I used to and it made my stomach ache. I need to split mine up more.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #67  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
are you taking all of your supplements at once? I used to and it made my stomach ache. I need to split mine up more.
Just took 1 multi and 1 potassium with breakfast like the chart says. I am going to try and move my second multi to earlier in the day though. I've been have some tough time sleeping (up this morning at 0430). I'm guessing all the B12 in the multi is what's throwing the sleep cycle out of whack.

Mark
Old 01-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #68  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

Howdy Gang...checking in...hey great to see Big Dad checked in finally!

I am below goal weight...down around 100 lbs on Atkins and now down 90-something lbs on IP....still on phase 1 and reluctant to leave it as it feels "safe" to me...haha! Going to drop down to around 208 before going to phase 3 (there is no phase 2 any longer) so have some space to gain back a few lbs.

Great to see all the new faces here is "no mans land"...haha! You guys are all doing great...and JW you are doing a great job as an elder keeping the new gents in great info!

Wish I had more time to get in here like I used to....interviewing for another new job today and hoping to be banging even more work hours next week...so will check in when able....

Vet: Love the pics bro....I went to the big Rally in Albany,NY recently....was great! I hate the new gun laws NY just enacted and my kimber holds 8 rounds so now can only load 7 to be leagl in NY...what a crock. Have 1 year to register my rifles now, the ones they call "assault" which is bull. WHats the difference what they "look" like...still just a semi-auto. Anyway, hoping for more of a civil show of opposition and maybe some change for the better here, but the anti-gun folk's are riding the connecticut shooting for all they can get out of it. Interesting that no assault rifle was used in that shooting and he simply had one in his car....yet they make it out like it was used ti kill all those children. The focus of course should be on the mental health issue regarding gun ownership and not taking guns from law abiding citizens....will have to see what happens as the debate progresses.

OK gents...welcome to all the newer folk's, and lets all kick some fat cells this week!
Cheers
Jake

Last edited by mammoth357; 01-28-2013 at 11:42 AM.
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #69  
Dieting Since Birth!

S/C/G: 308/ Ticker /208

Just changed my goal to be 208...so now have 6 lbs to go.

Original goal was 240...changed to 225...then to 215...and now its 208 and this time its final! Then on to phase 3!
Cheers
Jake
mammoth357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #70  

So I am on day 12 here going strong. One question I do have for you guys is how long will I be bouncing off the walls every day? Since day 8 I have been full of energy, I am normally and have been for a long time a sloth. Sit down job at work, go home take a nap then sit in front of the PC or TV for the rest of the evening for as long as I can remember.

My wife and my co-workers think I am on something. I only have one cup of coffee very early in the morning then again at night. Been holding off on exercise until they give me the go ahead, they said about 2 weeks. Not sure what I am going to do, maybe ride that stationary bike in my office that has been a coat rack for 10 years. So yes is this like the initial burn running through me or does this just keep on going?
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #71  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
Well I picked 240 or 250 at first then I looked at the BMI charts ans saw that was still obese. I kept lowering the number until I came up with just "overweight" it is just a number. I looked at some old photos recently of my police academy graduation and I really liked how I looked and felt then but that was closer to 240. It is a moving target for me. I still have a way to go. I might lower it or raise it. For now it's my "goal" I'm so happy with how far I've come.
02-21-97 Graduation from the full time police academy.

The next day out to breakfast with my girlfriend now wife and her little sister.

Dude, I was looking at your numbers and that is freakin' incredible..154lbs???!!! You are an inspiration! Did you do that all on IP? They should have you as their spokesman. When you are done you are gonna be liteally "half the man you used to be". Congrats so far and great work!!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 306.5/TICKER/175

Height: 5'6"

I am into my 5th week and still seem to have nervous energy. At home I keep popping off the couch and do something for a little bit, and then sit down again, and back up in a few. Actually it is working for me at home, I get more "chores" done, and no dirty dishes in the sink.
At work the same thing.
kitcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #73  
Began IP 3-29-2012

leadedge

Thanks!

I switched to alternatives well after loosing 100 but I can not remember when. Cost was the main issue but I think I am going to start going back. Work got really crazy and making my weekly meeting was hard for me.

The weekly meetings are something I think I could use again. Not really to "learn" but to be checking in and to be held accountable. I have not lost much in months because I am getting comfortable. I know I can maintain but I have another 96 pounds to loose. I might be a little scared of loosing it too. Not totally sure but I need to refocus on my goals and get working again towards loosing.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #74  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitcamper View Post
I am into my 5th week and still seem to have nervous energy. At home I keep popping off the couch and do something for a little bit, and then sit down again, and back up in a few. Actually it is working for me at home, I get more "chores" done, and no dirty dishes in the sink.
At work the same thing.
Ya, Bill, even in my first week I'm finding the same thing. My energy is way up. Just sitting through a basketball game is tough now. I usually just watch a quarter and I leave it!

Had a great first WI this morning! I lost 10.5lbs!! I think I'm the only guy at the clinic so they were a bit shocked. I don't know if the ladies there tend to lose that quick. I told my coach about this forum and this thread in particular. I've never used online help in a diet but reading about others in the same "struggle" and the support and ideas have been invaluable to me! She had definitely heard of 3FC and thinks the world of it too. 55lbs to go - No Sweat!!!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:20 PM   #75  
IP Start 01/25/13

Quote:
Had a great first WI this morning! I lost 10.5lbs!!
Congrats! My first WI isn't until Friday. That's a pretty high bar to try and equal (competition is always a good thing though).