Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Feel out of the loop - I was away from the computer this weekend.

Gotta a whole lot more motivation - had some tests on my heart after some weird symptoms. I have some issues that have been discovered. I will have to be put on some meds (appointment coming), and have to lose the weight.

Too tired right now, too stressed - struggled with good food choices - in an area without lots of choices - did the best I could -

Ready for the new week.
Auragirl-

Sorry for your stressful day. You did the best you could and tomorrow is another day. You are already on track to losing weight, and you are doing so well with it, so know that you are doing the right things. Love yourself, treat yourself gently, sounds like it's been a long day. As Grandma used to say, a hot cup of tea and a good night's sleep, and things usually look better in the morning. Hang in there, we are all rooting for you!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-21-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #62  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Just signing off and read the daily that Lizz is getting up at 5:00 a.m. to go for a run and just gotta say, God bless ya! You have more ambition than I my friend. This dude here is as close to jogging as I'll ever get
If there was a group getting up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready to SLEEP IN, That would be the group I wanna join

Thanks all, for continued good chat, positive encouragement, and hugs and prayers for those who need them. No wonder I chose you geese to be my flock! (See the weekend daily for the goose story if you missed it
Old 01-22-2013, 03:23 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

that is awesome!!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

YEAH Monica!!!!!! AWESOME STORY ABOUT PENNINGTONS!!!!! Sooo cool outré too small for there!!!!! Awesome feeling!!! And scary too at the same time. I know what you mean when the only stores I have shopped at forever at Pennngtons and Addition Elle. And now???? Rickis and REITMANS to start!!
Thanks Pattie. I have been going to Penningtons for years and only just discovered Addition Elle, now I am still a little gun shy to try out the other stores for fear that I will still be to big for there stuff. But as I get closer to goal I feel more shopping in my future!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Monica- way to go! Doesn't that feel good! I went to four Reitmans this weekend and also got some great deals!!
That was certainly the icing on my weekend lol
Old 01-22-2013, 07:23 AM   #64  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
I went to do some clothing shopping and was suprised when no of the shirts at Penningtons (my go to store for nice things) fit, I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal
Then I needed some new scrubs, but was sure I would be to big for the XL size, but to my amazement they fit!! and well. When I started IP I could no longer fit into this stores 3x sizes!! I was a very nice weekend for lots of reasons
That's terrific!!!! You have got to feel just wonderful! CONGRATS!!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
That's terrific!!!! You have got to feel just wonderful! CONGRATS!!!!
Thanks bubbleblower it was a very good weekend confidence wise
Old 01-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Thanks Pattie! will attempt again with your advice. Didn't know they had a "snide" -- new scrabble word for me
LMAO. It's like a sneed. Only you don't have to cut down trees! (darn typos!)

Quote:
Just cooked me up some rotini for the first time -- used 2 packs-- and made an awesome pasta salad w tons of fresh veggies. I can't wait to try it. It made so much that I'm sure it will be more than 2 meals worth. Yumilicious!
Yum sounds great!!! My coach says she asked the owner about ordering the rotini and she told her we can't get them!!!! That steams me because they can get hem in Saskatoon!!!! Grrrrrrrrr. I asked my coach to ask again! I would love to try them, rofl is going to grab me a package!
Old 01-22-2013, 08:47 AM   #67  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
Wow I am off of here for two days and were already on page 4 of a new vol of 100% you ladies were busy

First I wanted to say thankyou to all those who said such kind words after my whirlwind last shifts. After getting some much needed rest I spent the weekend shopping and at the movies with my husband. We went out to dinner twice both OP. I went to do some clothing shopping and was suprised when no of the shirts at Penningtons (my go to store for nice things) fit, I WAS TO SMALL FOR THE PLUS SIZE STORE!!! It was scary cause that is where I have shopped my whole adult life and I would never have even tried other stores cause I was usually embarrassed when nothing fit. The sales women was very nice and recommended Reitmans which is there sister store. the best part was all the tops were 70% off!!! So I got 4 new shirts in a smaller size and a deal
Then I needed some new scrubs, but was sure I would be to big for the XL size, but to my amazement they fit!! and well. When I started IP I could no longer fit into this stores 3x sizes!! I was a very nice weekend for lots of reasons
That's great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi View Post
Ragdoll- agree with the others, you did amazing!
thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I feel like I'm totally out of the loop - the weekend was crazy busy, I wasn't even home from 6:30AM until 10PM Sunday. We'd have been home later that day if the Pats hadn't turned into a cut-rate high school team :/

WOOOO HOOOOO!!!!

I have seen her more on FB than here, but she is still around
Thanks!
It's really noticeable when you are busy, because you normally are pretty active here. Glad to see you had some time to check in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

She's in FB and doing great!!!!

Where's Cadu???????

Par boil them first. Then drain. Then roast. Doesn't take as long and they don't burn waiting for the snide to soften. LE sigh. Told ya it was contagious!! Rainbows influence is everywhere!
Thanks! I haven't seen Cadu post either in a while.

I didn't know about par boiling the turnips fist. I'll have to try that with the rutabaga also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
this is such wonderful news!!! way to go!!
thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroragrl View Post
Feel out of the loop - I was away from the computer this weekend.

Gotta a whole lot more motivation - had some tests on my heart after some weird symptoms. I have some issues that have been discovered. I will have to be put on some meds (appointment coming), and have to lose the weight.

Too tired right now, too stressed - struggled with good food choices - in an area without lots of choices - did the best I could -

Ready for the new week.
So sorry you are going through this. The good news is you already know what to do about the weight loss, since you are doing it now.

Quote:
Just signing off and read the daily that Lizz is getting up at 5:00 a.m. to go for a run and just gotta say, God bless ya! You have more ambition than I my friend. This dude here is as close to jogging as I'll ever get
If there was a group getting up at 5:00 a.m. to get ready to SLEEP IN, That would be the group I wanna join

Thanks all, for continued good chat, positive encouragement, and hugs and prayers for those who need them. No wonder I chose you geese to be my flock! (See the weekend daily for the goose story if you missed it
I'm in for the get ready to sleep in group. I'm getting sick of that darn 5:30am alarm going off everyday.

Last edited by ragdoll74; 01-22-2013 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:50 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 192/148/150

Height: 5 3"

Quote:

IP43,
You are a gem! I look forward to your posts!! I'd fly in formation with you anytime! Just not at 5:00am!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #69  
Reboot May 29, 2017

S/C/G: 250/250/180

Height: 5.4

Default Not a real diet

Hello

WI this afternoon!!!

Here's a site I found called 'Not A Real Diet'. Gives you a detailed description and recipes of a daily menu. Seems great

Have a great day....my omelet is ready...gotta go

http://notarealdiet.tumblr.com/
Old 01-22-2013, 03:15 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Hi everyone-
Just checking in today.

MONICA, Congratulations on that wonderful experience!!!!! So very happy for you!!!

Feeling a bit ill today, don't know if it has to do with coming out of ketosis as I have switched to the alternative plan. I've had a headache since yest. and today I feel a bit nauseated. Does anyone know if coming out of ketosis can make you feel this way? Hope it isn't the cyber-flu!

Hope everyone is doing well, to those of you who had WIs today, congrats on your losses. I read about a bunch of them on a seperate Wed. WI thread.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #71  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

So, I'm back to going to my clinic. Of course coach hadn't heard that Pina Colada is being taken off so she has lots Lisa, if you want it!

She gave me info on "Female Issues and the IP Diet" that talks about spotting in post-menopausal women, birth control pills and contraceptive patches, Menstrual Irregularities, Temporary Hair Loss, and A word about PCOS"
If anyone is interested in those issues, I can type up the blurb, or figure out how to scan/attach the info. But maybe y'all already have that??

Secondly, I went to a hormone dr. today and he was surprised at how much calcium we're taking and said your body doesn't really absorb it as well in pill form, and there are studies linking calcium to greater calcium deposits on your arteries etc. He recommended getting your calcium through your food e.g. canned salmon with bones (eat the bones), almonds, an orange a day. Now obviously this is not IP, so I'm sticking with my pills for now, but for those getting off/maintaining etc. it might be good to see about adding calcium through real food (he also gave me a list

Finally (jeez I'm a "wealth o' information -- a.k.a. "full of it" tonight)
For the BIG C he recommended I have more magnesium, but magnesium HVP cheleate or 100 - 125 mg magnesium glycinate. You build your tolerance daily until you are "comfortable".

Again, this info may not be IP protocol -- I'm sharin' it for "after" or those interested

Last edited by IP43; 01-22-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #72  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

IP43 thanks for sharing! I haven't heard about the calcium pill issues before.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:45 PM   #73  

Hey all: I'm not so weepy! Who is to say whether or not I'll stay as strong as I feel today and won't go back to feeling PO'd from time-to-time but today I'm good. Thanks for all the support over the weekend.

I have some IP potato puree/zucchini muffins in the oven to take for lunches. I made a potato/zucchini pancake yesterday for dinner and it was SUPER filling!

Monica: Congrats!

Quote:
So, I'm back to going to my clinic. Of course coach hadn't heard that Pina Colada is being taken off so she has lots Lisa, if you want it!

She gave me info on "Female Issues and the IP Diet" that talks about spotting in post-menopausal women, birth control pills and contraceptive patches, Menstrual Irregularities, Temporary Hair Loss, and A word about PCOS"
If anyone is interested in those issues, I can type up the blurb, or figure out how to scan/attach the info. But maybe y'all already have that??

Secondly, I went to a hormone dr. today and he was surprised at how much calcium we're taking and said your body doesn't really absorb it as well in pill form, and there are studies linking calcium to greater calcium deposits on your arteries etc. He recommended getting your calcium through your food e.g. canned salmon with bones (eat the bones), almonds, an orange a day. Now obviously this is not IP, so I'm sticking with my pills for now, but for those getting off/maintaining etc. it might be good to see about adding calcium through real food (he also gave me a list

Finally (jeez I'm a "wealth o' information -- a.k.a. "full of it" tonight)
For the BIG C he recommended I have more magnesium, but magnesium HVP cheleate or 100 - 125 mg magnesium glycinate. You build your tolerance daily until you are "comfortable".

Again, this info may not be IP protocol -- I'm sharin' it for "after" or those interested
Thanks! I got Pina Colada at Plain Protein. I want to support my IP clinic but she didn't have any I'm going to remind her to send out an email or FB or SOMETHING when she hears of things being discontinued. I didn't even get a chance to buy from her!

Thanks for the info from your doc, too. I've heard from many sources that too much calcium isn't good for us. It was another one of those "differences of opinion" I have with IP (that and soy were the biggies). I started following the Just Eat Real Food folks (JERF)...a lot of Paleo-leanings there. And I'd read synopsis of research re: calcium supplements. I'd prefer if that calcium was separate so I could choose whether to take it or not. I MAY switch out my potassium and mag when I'm done with this round of IP ones. I've certainly read enough to know which ones are more bio-available than others.

I'm going to a natural health practitioner tomorrow who will be testing adrenal functioning. I'm hoping all is well but I know something is off if my thyroid went so wonky
Old 01-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #74  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

I'll be interested to see my blood work results next month. I have been on thyroid medication for decades, and my results are always normal as a result. It will be interesting to see if anything is different after being on IP for a couple of months ... I do have to say that in my case I feel better than I have in years ...

(P.S. Good luck with the testing, Lisa!)

Last edited by bubbleblower; 01-22-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #75  

Good evening my gorgeous 100% Ipeeps!! I had my WI last night. Down another 2 lbs!!! I've heard some conflicting info about the cleanse, but I'm still hovering around 85 lbs lost for a while now and I thought what the hey....it's not going to hurt! So I'm going to start the cleanse on the weekend. My coach said when she did the cleanse the first time it made her nauseated so advised me to start on a weekend when I'm not at work. Anyone have experience with the cleanse? I've heard good things and waste of money things but it won't harm me so I'm willing to try it.

Suggestions welcome!

Last edited by mompattie; 01-22-2013 at 09:38 PM. Reason: Updated my ticker to reflect my current status. LE sigh. Have a few more to go to get where I was before Christmas
Closed Thread