Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 09:01 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
wuv- we definitely miss you here. IP43 & lisa32989 have been helping with some tough wuv while you have been absent.

lisa- I have no doubt you will still get to goal. Just keep doing your research, planning and being creative. You've got this!

Weigh in this morning and I was really hoping for a good one this week since lasts weeks weigh in was -.4 due to TOM. Down 3.8 lbs!

That brings my total loss to 71lbs!
YAY!!!! Congratulations! Just looking at your amazing loss, I began dreaming and wondering what I would look like and how long it would take me. You did it in 5 months! Incredible! I'm so happy for you! I love to see the successes on here-such a source of energy for me to start my day op.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/174/147

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I am on week 3 of my reboot. Yesterday I had so many cravings and none were healthy. After thinking of all the things I was going to eat when I got on maintenance it almost made me sick at my stomach. I realized that they were not healthy thoughts and I could not do that. At least I realized it before I ate anything. I managed to get thru the day 100 % IP
Old 01-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I am on week 3 of my reboot. Yesterday I had so many cravings and none were healthy. After thinking of all the things I was going to eat when I got on maintenance it almost made me sick at my stomach. I realized that they were not healthy thoughts and I could not do that. At least I realized it before I ate anything. I managed to get thru the day 100 % IP
Congrats on dealing with those cravings in a healthy way!

Every time my mind has showed hints of wandering towards craving of something off program, I ask "what can I have OP that will satisfy this craving?" I always discover the actual craving is for something I CAN have OP, usually it's sweet or spicy, a few bites of a bar or a sweet drink with cinnamon, or extra spicy veggies can accommodate. Sometimes its just a sense of fullness, which means a big glass of water with a little flavoring satisfies it, or maybe a bulky veggie like jicama or turnip. Other times it's just to be chewing, and half a stick of sf gum works great. Sometimes we just have to reframe the cravings to realize we really AREN"T craving pizza, we are craving spicy...or maybe we are craving the MEMORY of the comfort we felt eating pizza... So much I have learned on IP!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-21-2013 at 09:24 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:29 AM   #34  
Pending Email Confirmation

Good morning!!

Today is day 1 for me. I weighed in at 133...I'm sooo looking forward to flushing these toxins out of my body! Today I will be working 12 hours, so I'm hoping that takes my mind off of things!

Take care & have a GREAT day!
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 AM   #35  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
WTG!!!! Nice work!!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
WOW!! Great job! We started at the same weight (gulp, and the same time!) and look at ya now! 71 lbs! That's AMAZING!! I wondered what I'd look like losing that much, so you've re-inspired me to "get 'er dun!". I'm restarting now with new intensity. If I hadn't stopped for a few months..... grrrrrr..... (that's just the tigress in me comin' out! No sense kicking myself over "shoulda, woulda, coulda's")
Thanks!

That new intensity will take you to goal in plenty of time for summer. Just think about how hot you will look by the summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
WAY TO GO, Ragdoll!!! That's an incredible and amazing loss total, and you are looking beautiful!

Phase off and maintenance won't be so scary for me knowing you will be going through it at the same time

Lisa,
I NEVER thought you "complained" yesterday. It must have been shocking to be thrown such a curve and you were working through it yesterday, and COPING, not complaining. I was so afraid ya'll were gonna think I was complaining when I talked about my low energy issues more than once, but I was afraid something was wrong, didn't know what to do and needed help and support. You have me some of the kindest and best advice which is do what you have to do, this is about feeling better. You have always been here to support others who are really trying, and you are the role model of not-complaining. It will get better. I have a feeling you will discover interesting new things to share with us, and soon we may all be eating Lisa's blueberry pancakes!
Thanks! I'm looking forward to being in maintenance with you too!

I am with you 100% on the not taking lisa's posts about her issues and your issues as complaining. We all hit some speedbumps along the way and this is a support group. We need to talk about these issues so someone else might be able to help us come up with a solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldTraveleronIP View Post
YAY!!!! Congratulations! Just looking at your amazing loss, I began dreaming and wondering what I would look like and how long it would take me. You did it in 5 months! Incredible! I'm so happy for you! I love to see the successes on here-such a source of energy for me to start my day op.
Thank you! It's actually 6 months (28 weeks), but honestly it doesn't seem like it. Seeing the 71 lbs lost, makes me want to lower my goal to 124 to see 100 lbs lost. I may not still feel this way when I get to my original goal of 140, so I'm not changing it yet.

Quote:
Good job!

Quote:
Sometimes we just have to reframe the cravings to realize we really AREN"T craving pizza, we are craving spicy...or maybe we are craving the MEMORY of the comfort we felt eating pizza... So much I have learned on IP!
Well said.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:32 AM   #36  

Quote:
wuv- we definitely miss you here. IP43 & lisa32989 have been helping with some tough wuv while you have been absent.

lisa- I have no doubt you will still get to goal. Just keep doing your research, planning and being creative. You've got this!

Weigh in this morning and I was really hoping for a good one this week since lasts weeks weigh in was -.4 due to TOM. Down 3.8 lbs!

AWESOME!!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:14 AM   #37  

Sorry to threadjack, guys. Its been a rollercoaster of a few days.

Quote:

That's IP rockstar stuff right there!

Quote:
Yesterday I had so many cravings and none were healthy. After thinking of all the things I was going to eat when I got on maintenance it almost made me sick at my stomach. I realized that they were not healthy thoughts and I could not do that. At least I realized it before I ate anything. I managed to get thru the day 100 % IP
Good for making it thru the day!
For myself, I can't be thinking of any "bad" stuff I'm going to eat when I reach goal. I have to think of the lifestyle change as ongoing if I am to maintain. Will I be able to lighten up a bit? Sure. But with the soy & gluten restrictions, I won't be returning to life as I knew it, nor do I want to. That way got me to being an unhealthy mess! To a new life!
Back from my WI. Whoosh fairy Diane was sending must have been held up at the border (that willpower dust didn't make it thru customs, I guess ) (I have some inflammation due to some lower back pain & also I'm having some - ahem- "digestive distress" - quite opposite of big C. Both are probably causing water retention)

But I WAS down 2.2 so onderland can wait til next week. If wuv can wait and persist thru anything, so can I!

Sometimes I get the "poor me" attitude going & had a bunch yesterday. And then I start comparing myself to other people's faster losses.

But, ya know what? I've lost 59 lbs in
(edit) 25 weeks, which is STILL (edit) 2.36 lbs/week.
I've lost 41.75 inches off the areas that are measured and 9.1 BMI points all WHILE developing hypothyroidism.

I don't know too many people who can say that.

When I see people complain about slow losses, I want to
on a nice day and or when my patience is running thin. I WISH I had the patience of Job (Scorbett) here but alas, we are all different.

I'm not saying this to gloat today but I needed to share my experience

Last nite I was having a pity party and I shut down contact, cleaned up the kitchen and went to bed. I grabbed Dr Tran's new book (which I have read) and just opened it. I opened to page 40 where he talks about self compassion & realized how HARD I've been on myself.

So what if I don't lose as fast as some? At least I stick with the plan, which is way better than I can say for MOST of the people who have come & gone from 3fc-IP. There is a whole section in the book about changing your attitude about YOURSELF for maintenance.

After reading this, I'd like to propose a book study thread. But I want to make sure we get everyone who wants "in" onboard first. For anyone who doesn't have access to a clinic, I can get your book and ship it to you ( I have paypal). So, if there is interest, I'll collect names this week, get books ordered and then we'll be off!

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-21-2013 at 03:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #38  

Hi everyone-
I am researching and pre-planning for Phases 2 & 3 (tho it's 1 or 2 mths away). I switched to alternative protocol recently & have the phase 1&2 sheets for alternative protocol. I haven't found anything addressing phase 3 for those on alternative protocol. I'm guessing it's because both traditional and alternative protocol IPers follow the same phase 3. But I can't find anywhere that specifically SAYS that...does anyone know for sure if that is the case? If so, do the alternative protocol IPers simply switch their carb groups to breakfast, and drop the "3 additional food items, one at each meal" part of their diet? I know correct phase off is so important...I really want to get it right. I am without a coach, so I can't ask coach.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:20 PM   #39  
Started IP 7/9/12

mompattie & lisa - thanks!

lisa 2.2 lb is fantastic! So close to onederland.

nola- I've searched for the standard phase III sheet and haven't found one either. The only things I could come up with were a guideline (posted in the stickies) and this speadsheet.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...-worksheet.pdf
Old 01-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #40  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

Nola, I suggest you go ask at the "Maintainers" or the "reboot" thread. They've "been there, done that" so they would be the resident experts on the "after". We're all still in between with you.
It's a great question though! ( I myself need the "boot in the butt" thread! LOL)

Last edited by IP43; 01-21-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:32 PM   #41  

Quote:
nola- I've searched for the standard phase III sheet and haven't found one either. The only things I could come up with were a guideline (posted in the stickies) and this speadsheet.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/atta...-worksheet.pdf
Ragdoll,
Thanks. I also found this...I *think* the official IP Phase 3 sheet is at this link, first post by Wuv, before the worksheet link. But it doesn't say a single thing about "alternative" plan.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-threads.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Nola, I suggest you go ask at the "Maintainers" or the "reboot" thread. They've "been there, done that" so they would be the resident experts on the "after". We're all still in between with you.
It's a great question though! ( I myself need the "boot in the butt" thread! LOL)
Already cross-posted there, thanks! I guess great minds think alike
Old 01-21-2013, 12:41 PM   #42  
Started IP 7/9/12

Nola- All 4 of the alternative phase sheets attached. I didn't read your post carefully the first time. I have only found the official phase III alternative sheet, not for the regular phase III. The info WUV posted is not layed out as nice as the one's attached.

Anyone heard from MommaHen lately? I haven't see her post in a month or so. She used to be on here daily.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf The-Alternative-Plan-4-Phases.pdf (133.3 KB, 24 views)
Old 01-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #43  

Quote:
Nola- All 4 of the alternative phase sheets attached. I didn't read your post carefully the first time. I have only found the official phase III alternative sheet, not for the regular phase III. The info WUV posted is not layed out as nice as the one's attached.

Anyone heard from MommaHen lately? I haven't see her post in a month or so. She used to be on here daily.
OOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! How on earth did you find this? I've been looking, and didn't see this. YOU ROCK!!! It TOTALLY answers all my questions, and I'm surprised to see that the 3 additional food allowances do continue.

eta I was beginning to think there were NO actual phase 3 sheets like this (alternative or regular plan) because all I could find was the worksheet and the general guidance document explaining the purpose/function of phase 3. If this phase follows the same pattern as alternative phase 1&2, the phase 3 sheet will be exactly the same except for the two "1 group choice" items at lunch and dinner. There has to be a phase 3 regular sheet out there somewhere!

Last edited by Nolawhodatchick; 01-21-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:07 PM   #44  
Started IP 7/9/12

Quote:
OOOO THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! How on earth did you find this? I've been looking, and didn't see this. YOU ROCK!!! It TOTALLY answers all my questions, and I'm surprised to see that the 3 additional food allowances do continue.

eta I was beginning to think there were NO actual phase 3 sheets like this (alternative or regular plan) because all I could find was the worksheet and the general guidance document explaining the purpose/function of phase 3. If this phase follows the same pattern as alternative phase 1&2, the phase 3 sheet will be exactly the same except for the two "1 group choice" items at lunch and dinner. There has to be a phase 3 regular sheet out there somewhere!
I found this on a clinic website last year, can't remember which one. Every so often I search to see if I can find the standard one, but no luck.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #45  

Quote:

Ladies...pu-leez

STICKIES!!! (Hope you see the smile on my smart-^$$ face as I typed that! - and forgive me for a little fun at your expense - at least I'm smiling again )

Phase 3 regular plan sheet (the PLAN starts at the bottom of page 1. Sheet is more complicated than P1 sheet - but you ARE right. It isn't as "pretty" as the other sheets)

Alt Phase 1 & 2

Ragdoll: Thanks for finding Alt P 3 & 4. I'll add them to the FAQ so everything is together for future reference

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-21-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Closed Thread