Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 208/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm BACK! Survived my youngest one's birthday. Made a Princess Belle cake, which was fun. I'd never worked with fondant before, so I learned something too. My Grandma used to make these wonderful decorated cakes for us when we were growing up. I remember them seeming magical and larger than life. Trying to carry on that tradition for my kids. Made my hubby take the leftover cake to work with him tho Don't need that hanging around the house.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Looking forward to taking it easy today and catching up reading the forums!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #152  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompattie View Post

And I'm dreaming of my Vegas trip!!! How do you take the RTD when you travel? Can I take a couple in my carry on and the rest in my luggage?
pattie, all airlines are different, so check with your specific airline.
for me....i flew british airways and had NO issues taking my RTDs and even a bottled water all in my carry on. I only took 1 carry on and a backpack. I had a doctors note, stating that i had special dietary requirements but never had to show it, I only discussed it and showed them my IP foods. I had about 20 packets and bars, 6.4 oz LIQUID STEVIA, 7 RTD's, (which were EAS shakes) and 2 bottles of water and 14 Grape Drink Concentrates. I had all the liquid items in a large clear baggie and had them out sitting on top to be cleared, and notified them as i came to the secure area that i had medical clearance and medical documentation for my dietary foods. I also copied the information below, had a name and contact of a person I spoke with on the phone as well, but was never asked to show it.

Maybe it was the fat lady using a cane that made them sympathetic! haha at any rate, i had no issues, but was only told that i had to keep all of these items in my backpack and on the floor in front of me, or under the seat when taking off, and not to put them in the bin overhead. that was the only instructions they gave me.

hope that helps call your airline to double check. have fun in LV baby!!!!

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/airli...ies-62990.html

Carry-on Exceptions

Certain liquid items may exceed the TSA's 3-1-1 requirements based on medical need. All prescription and over-the-counter medications are exempt from the rule, as are water, juice and dietary liquids for passengers with medical conditions. Breast milk, formula and baby food are allowed in larger quantities when traveling with a young child. All items that exceed 3.4 oz. must be declared at the TSA checkpoint and additional screening procedures, including those requiring the opening of containers, may be performed.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #153  

Quote:
I'm dreaming of my Vegas trip!!! How do you take the RTD when you travel? Can I take a couple in my carry on and the rest in my luggage?

MommaHen - GREAT job making that P3 brekkie for your son! You'll be soon there!

Scorbett- quilting sounds fun, but requires more patience than I have!! I'm envious of you quilters, you get such a beautiful quilt at the end and have enjoyed the process in the meantime!
You'll have to check Canada's rules

In the US, the TSA doesn't allow water bottles or other liquids larger than 3 oz. through security. This is not an individual airline issue, this is the government. I didn't travel with ANY RTDs (you could pack in checked luggage with no problem). I had packets in my carry-on & nobody looked twice. I also had them in my luggage. I brought an empty Brita water bottle with me b/c in the US you can't take water through security. You can BUY it on the other side of security ($$) and for that price, I figured it would pay for my Brita bottle & I'd be able to re-use the Brita bottle a LOT more! Just fill up at the nearest drinking fountain and viola! filtered water!

I just made sure my shaker and some cut up veggies for the trip were in my carry-on as well. All was good.

The hassle TSA might give at one airport over another for the "medical supplies" wasn't worth it to me. Some of them really think they are "all that". I made-due with dry packets for the trip.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbleblower View Post
You'll have to check any liquids that are over 3.4 ounces (or drink them before you go through security ) and can only take as many as would fit in a one quart zip lock bag. I normally put them in plastic zip locks in my checked bag, but rely mostly on packets and bars while I'm traveling. I'd also think that RTDs like the EAS shakes would be fairly easy to find in LV, so you may want to consider buying there vs. taking with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahmmommy2 View Post
I'm BACK! Survived my youngest one's birthday. Made a Princess Belle cake, which was fun. I'd never worked with fondant before, so I learned something too. My Grandma used to make these wonderful decorated cakes for us when we were growing up. I remember them seeming magical and larger than life. Trying to carry on that tradition for my kids. Made my hubby take the leftover cake to work with him tho Don't need that hanging around the house.

Hope everyone is having a great week. Looking forward to taking it easy today and catching up reading the forums!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
pattie, all airlines are different, so check with your specific airline.
for me....i flew british airways and had NO issues taking my RTDs and even a bottled water all in my carry on. I only took 1 carry on and a backpack. I had a doctors note, stating that i had special dietary requirements but never had to show it, I only discussed it and showed them my IP foods. I had about 20 packets and bars, 6.4 oz LIQUID STEVIA, 7 RTD's, (which were EAS shakes) and 2 bottles of water and 14 Grape Drink Concentrates. I had all the liquid items in a large clear baggie and had them out sitting on top to be cleared, and notified them as i came to the secure area that i had medical clearance and medical documentation for my dietary foods. I also copied the information below, had a name and contact of a person I spoke with on the phone as well, but was never asked to show it.

Maybe it was the fat lady using a cane that made them sympathetic! haha at any rate, i had no issues, but was only told that i had to keep all of these items in my backpack and on the floor in front of me, or under the seat when taking off, and not to put them in the bin overhead. that was the only instructions they gave me.

hope that helps call your airline to double check. have fun in LV baby!!!!

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/airli...ies-62990.html

Carry-on Exceptions

Certain liquid items may exceed the TSA's 3-1-1 requirements based on medical need. All prescription and over-the-counter medications are exempt from the rule, as are water, juice and dietary liquids for passengers with medical conditions. Breast milk, formula and baby food are allowed in larger quantities when traveling with a young child. All items that exceed 3.4 oz. must be declared at the TSA checkpoint and additional screening procedures, including those requiring the opening of containers, may be performed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
You'll have to check Canada's rules

In the US, the TSA doesn't allow water bottles or other liquids larger than 3 oz. through security. This is not an individual airline issue, this is the government. I didn't travel with ANY RTDs (you could pack in checked luggage with no problem). I had packets in my carry-on & nobody looked twice. I also had them in my luggage. I brought an empty Brita water bottle with me b/c in the US you can't take water through security. You can BUY it on the other side of security ($$) and for that price, I figured it would pay for my Brita bottle & I'd be able to re-use the Brita bottle a LOT more! Just fill up at the nearest drinking fountain and viola! filtered water!

I just made sure my shaker and some cut up veggies for the trip were in my carry-on as well. All was good.

The hassle TSA might give at one airport over another for the "medical supplies" wasn't worth it to me. Some of them really think they are "all that". I made-due with dry packets for the trip.

Thanks everyone for the awesome advice. Lots of fantastic ideas!!!!!! Gonna get me a Brita water bottle! I may have to take some bars in carry in and RTD in luggage. I want to bypass any hassle! Cut up veggies another awesome idea!!!

And LISA!!!!!! HOLY SMOKIN HOT NEW PICTURE!!!!!! You look fabulous!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:14 AM   #155  

Quote:
And LISA!!!!!! HOLY SMOKIN HOT NEW PICTURE!!!!!! You look fabulous!!!!
Thanks. Thought it was time to show off the 60 lb weight loss. My old avatar was starting weight last summer.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #156  
Feed Your Freedom

lisa....i had to do a double take!!! didn't even know it was you, thought it was someone new to the group!!

you look fabulous!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #157  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by NashuaNutrition View Post
Nashua Nutrition would like to offer the 3 Fat Chicks Community a 10% Off Discount Code. Use Discount Code 3FATCHICKS (No Spaces) during checkout to receive 10% off your entire order.

This code will expire on Friday, February 1st 2013 at Midnight EST.

Limit 1 Coupon Use Per Customer. Cannot be combined with other discounts or promotions.

Please feel free to pass along this discount code to other 3 Fat Chicks Community members and/or forum postings.

Thank You,
Nashua Nutrition
www.NashuaNutrition.com
saw this post on another thread!!! don't know if it works but pretty
Old 01-25-2013, 11:34 AM   #158  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
lisa....i had to do a double take!!! didn't even know it was you, thought it was someone new to the group!!

you look fabulous!!!!
Thanks Sweetie!
This plan works!
I can only IMAGINE what my goal pics will look like
Before avatar below (for new folks)
Old 01-25-2013, 03:01 PM   #159  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Lisa--I saw your pic in another thread and came here to compliment ya! WOW! What a difference for sure!

Now I have to google the song "You're one hot mama" for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5TJemW_iE

The first few lines are even good for us IPers...

"You're doin' all you can to get in them old jeans.
You want that body back, you had at seventeen.
Baby, don't get down; don't worry 'bout a thing.
'Cause the way you fill 'em out, hey, that's all right with me."

We may not get into THOSE jeans, but we're doin' just fine!

Last edited by IP43; 01-25-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:31 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 235/186/150

Height: 5' 5"

Holy Smokin' Hot Momma LISA!!!!! I didn't realize it was your either. WOW, you look fabulous!!!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #161  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
Lisa--I saw your pic in another thread and came here to compliment ya! WOW! What a difference for sure!

Now I have to google the song "You're one hot mama" for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd5TJemW_iE

The first few lines are even good for us IPers...

"You're doin' all you can to get in them old jeans.
You want that body back, you had at seventeen.
Baby, don't get down; don't worry 'bout a thing.
'Cause the way you fill 'em out, hey, that's all right with me."

We may not get into THOSE jeans, but we're doin' just fine!
I might before I'm done...who knows? But I'm so old that those jeans kids would call "mom jeans" now!
Old 01-25-2013, 05:51 PM   #162  

Height: magmeepEVE

Wow, wow, wow, Lisa! I thought it was someone else too. You look beautiful. Congrats on being so successful and doing such a great job mentoring people here too! You're fabulous!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:05 PM   #163  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I might before I'm done...who knows? But I'm so old that those jeans kids would call "mom jeans" now!
Yeah, I wouldn't be caught dead in my old "road runner" jeans that I had to lay on my bed to do up before putting on my 4 wheeled roller skates.... ah good times LOL

I'm okay with Mom jeans. At least the crack of my @$$ isn't cold on a wintery Jan. day I'm just hoping to get out of jeans that don't have "stretch" material.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:15 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

lisa32989: I was scrolling through and saw your glamour shot...you look amazing!!!

Down 1 pound this week, plugging along!!!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 PM   #165  

Height: magmeepEVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
lisa32989: I was scrolling through and saw your glamour shot...you look amazing!!!

Down 1 pound this week, plugging along!!!
Congrats, IdealProteinNewbie! You are doing so well!
Closed Thread