Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 06:02 PM   #121  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

halfagain...I LOVE YOUR NEW PICTURE!! you just radiate happiness and joy and i can just feel you beaming with pride at such a job well done!!

way to go lovely lady!!

Last edited by rainbowsmiles; 11-13-2012 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Hello everyone! I just turned 50 and really try not to think about it. I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow and am a wreck. I did what I was supposed to but in my head I am freaking out.

While I love my PCP, last time I saw her she started pushing Gastric Bypass (can't say I blame her, we've been through a lot). But what really was killing me is one of her rationales was once you hit menopause (I might be in perimenopause) you probably won't be able to lose the weight. THAT stuck with me BAD.

I made a (excuse) goal to not do the surgery until after the holidays. My plan was to eat with abandon. Well, that grew old rather quickly and here I am. Maybe I won't have GB after all.

Anyway, I've only started to peek in here and seeing your weekly STATS gives me hope I can do it. (And my body will too!!!)
I am 54 and had a full hysterectomy 10 years ago. My doc recommended this plan. its funny how they want you to have surgery so fast huh? I know that I can lose on this program and already have.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #123  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Been busy with work, work and things around the house. Seems like about the time I'm ready to settle down and read 3FC, it's time to go to bed to get up early, early for work. I have set a retirement time of next March. I guess it's helping to have a date now. We did solve the situation with what to do with our classic cars. We made an offer on a lot with a large building that is only about 5 lots down from our place up in Michigan. They accepted the offer, so that solves where to store the cars. It needs some work, but is better than starting from scratch or trying to find a place on our 1/2+ acre that already has a building. The neat part of this property is it has about an acre that is open and sunny and will definitely become a garden. I'm so excited about that. Now looking for a tractor/tiller something to work the ground.

Off to cook dinner.
Molly
molly...that is good news about the property and building!! i'm so glad that worked out for you!! i know how much you want to get to michigan! thanks again for the trades!! i had the nacho cheese pasta tonight and it was pretty good....i had it with sauteed zucchini and peppers and green onions and japalenos and mixed it all together. i enjoyed it. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its been raining here today...and chilly. after a high of 80 yesterday!!! crazy weather. been busy with the maps and covered bridges tour!!! can't wait to go! leaving next tuesday!!!

thanksgiving office party on this thursday....and 72 onion tartletts later...ok 70...i confess, i ate two!! they are too good!! stashed them into the fridge and oh be still my heart i am making creamed corn with pancetta!!! why do i do these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saturday party with friends...then on the road on tuesday!! whew!!!!!!!!!! won't be slowing down until jan 2013!!

hope everyone is well and miss the time to chat!!
hugsssssssssssssssssss
Old 11-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #124  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishette View Post
...BTW, I FINALLY broke down and had my consultation today to set up my first colonoscopy. A small blessing is that the doctors are booked up for Nov and Dec, so it will be scheduled in January. Works for me since I should be in maintenance by then.
I was eating low carb when I did my first colonoscopy. I was sure if I drank juices and ate jello during the liquids only day before the procedure, that they would make me ill. One of the options was to drink broth. So I heated up canned chicken broth and drank a cup at a time when I'd get hungry. It staved off the hungries and didn't cause me to be hit with a lot of unaccustomed sugar. I think it's a whopping 5 calories a cup.

Quote:
... But what really was killing me is one of her rationales was once you hit menopause (I might be in perimenopause) you probably won't be able to lose the weight. THAT stuck with me BAD.
I'm 59, definitely post-menopausal, and thrilled to be losing 1-1/2 pounds a week. (Six pounds the first week, 3 the second; losing an average 1-1/2 since them). It works.

I'm also sleeping better than I have for 30 years. I've slept through the night more in the last 6 weeks than in the past 6 years.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:18 PM   #125  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
LOVE Dr. Seuss, but then who doesn't. Good to hear you are taking care of yourself and knowing what you need. Good job!

Starting day 3 of boot camp and it's going well so far, not too hungry. Right now I'm having some major stresses here at home with one of my kids, and I'm one of those people who when stressed can't eat (no appetite). It's bad for my health, but looks good on the scale.
Oh, Dana - stresses with kids can be such a toll.....don't know what's going on but sending big hugs to you. Hope it all works out!

Halfagain...OMG - your pictures say it all.....WTG!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:19 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 202/150/147

Height: 5'2"

Hi there all,
I've been Mia for the trip last weekend to Atlanta, where we had a great visit. Did the thanksgiving dinner, got a wedding dress for dd and a mom of the bride dress for me.
I have gone on to phase 3, so will transition to another thread. Also have a diagnosis of lupus, which rocks my world. Anyway, this is time for a transition.
You have all made this journey fun, and this is the very best group. Just saying... Love y'all!

Jeanie
Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Halfagain; what an incredible difference! You just look so much happier and healthier.

Well I did two days of bootcamp. The numbers of the scale didn't tumble down but my size 10 Coldwater Creek pants fit comfortably again.
When I was at goal I was wearing size 8 and last week when my size 10 felt snug that was a sign I needed to hit the bricks again.

I may do a few more days of bookcamp starting Friday but i am staying in the city at my son's place for a few days (I work in the city and don't enjoy my long commute when the roads are icy).
It is easier to have the regular protein meal and salad at his place. He is following a similiar way of eating through the gym. I made his evening meal before he came home and it was easier just to make the same thing for me.

But also after two days I really wanted something I could bite into so it is phase 1 again for me for a day or so.

As for the questions about losing after menopause, I am one of the oldest here at 65 and I was able to get my last 30 pounds off with IP. It took me 10 years to get the first 40 off after I eliminated wheat from my diet. I lost the last 30 in 8 months.

I did stop going to the clinic though and went to alternatives after the first month. My coach just did not get that I was not going to lose at the same rate as a 30 year old.
In the two months before I began IP I followed Richard Simmon's foodmover at the lowest claorie level. I followed it to the letter and gained a pound each month.

Jeanie, I don't think you need to leave this group because you are not doing phase 1 anyymore, unless you just have time to follow one section. I have been maintaining since May and stayed here. But now I'm up 6 pounds and am back to phase 1 until that is gone.

Get in touch anyway, we want to see you in your mother of the bride dress.
Pat
Old 11-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #128  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

[QUOTE=WebRover;4528102]I was eating low carb when I did my first colonoscopy. I was sure if I drank juices and ate jello during the liquids only day before the procedure, that they would make me ill. One of the options was to drink broth. So I heated up canned chicken broth and drank a cup at a time when I'd get hungry. It staved off the hungries and didn't cause me to be hit with a lot of unaccustomed sugar. I think it's a whopping 5 calories a cup.
/QUOTE]

Thanks for the tips - should make this doable.

NSV - when they took my blood pressure at the consultation, it dropped from 125/65 before IP to 96/58 after 11 weeks of IP. Can't wait to see what my cholesterol levels have done - I was borderline high before IP.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:57 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Welcome to the group Ninja Nurse. I have to agree with others, you are never too old to do IP (clinic/coach style or alternatives).

I got thru today - 100% thanks all for your encouragement and support. I think figuring it out that this was an emotional/stress response pattern I needed to tackle (I could see my dragon) helped a lot. I was more prepared today. I took a couple 10 min breaks today and went out to hubby's work shop to soak up the heat at the wood stove and chat a little today - just to make things different.

Speaking of heat - DH and I ordered a new electric blanket for me today. I have been sleeping with three heavy blankets. I pull them all on, then throw them all off - all night long. I'm in hopes a electric blanket will at least be lighter so I don't smother the dog throwing heavy blankets over her

Okay when I typed 100% up there - this came to mind and it won't leave so I'll type it and you all can have it stuck in your heads too... only way to get it out of mine, sorry......

“I meant what I said and I said what I meant. An elephant's faithful one-hundred percent!”
― Dr. Seuss, Horton Hatches the Egg
I love your new pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
molly...that is good news about the property and building!! i'm so glad that worked out for you!! i know how much you want to get to michigan! thanks again for the trades!! i had the nacho cheese pasta tonight and it was pretty good....i had it with sauteed zucchini and peppers and green onions and japalenos and mixed it all together. i enjoyed it. thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its been raining here today...and chilly. after a high of 80 yesterday!!! crazy weather. been busy with the maps and covered bridges tour!!! can't wait to go! leaving next tuesday!!!

thanksgiving office party on this thursday....and 72 onion tartletts later...ok 70...i confess, i ate two!! they are too good!! stashed them into the fridge and oh be still my heart i am making creamed corn with pancetta!!! why do i do these things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

saturday party with friends...then on the road on tuesday!! whew!!!!!!!!!! won't be slowing down until jan 2013!!

hope everyone is well and miss the time to chat!!
hugsssssssssssssssssss
Be strong rainbow, and your trip sounds so fun, be careful.

Had a very long day, stayed OP but just feeling a little bit blue, idk why but I will ride it out. Going to bed early Maby I just need sleep.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #130  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

Grand baby came up for a visit - now I can post some pics of the real model. Don't know how to join pics, so I'll have to post several entries in a row.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.8 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Fishette; 11-13-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:09 PM   #131  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

And another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (27.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-13-2012, 11:11 PM   #132  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

And another one
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (28.4 KB, 7 views)
Old 11-13-2012, 11:12 PM   #133  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

Last one ... BTW: can you find the IP sheet in this picture?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (28.2 KB, 16 views)

Last edited by Fishette; 11-13-2012 at 11:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 11:45 PM   #134  

Quote:
Hello everyone! I just turned 50 and really try not to think about it. I have my 2nd weigh in tomorrow and am a wreck. I did what I was supposed to but in my head I am freaking out.

While I love my PCP, last time I saw her she started pushing Gastric Bypass (can't say I blame her, we've been through a lot). But what really was killing me is one of her rationales was once you hit menopause (I might be in perimenopause) you probably won't be able to lose the weight. THAT stuck with me BAD.

I made a (excuse) goal to not do the surgery until after the holidays. My plan was to eat with abandon. Well, that grew old rather quickly and here I am. Maybe I won't have GB after all.

Anyway, I've only started to peek in here and seeing your weekly STATS gives me hope I can do it. (And my body will too!!!)
DO NOT HAVE THAT GBS. I did it 10 years ago and regret it. Had so many problems after it and when I turned 50 started gaining weight. I started IP just before I turned 52 and I LOVE it never felt better.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:34 AM   #135  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyjean View Post
Hi there all,
I've been Mia for the trip last weekend to Atlanta, where we had a great visit. Did the thanksgiving dinner, got a wedding dress for dd and a mom of the bride dress for me.
I have gone on to phase 3, so will transition to another thread. Also have a diagnosis of lupus, which rocks my world. Anyway, this is time for a transition.
You have all made this journey fun, and this is the very best group. Just saying... Love y'all!

Jeanie
Hi Jeanie,
Best wishes on your new phases ahead! You are more than welcome here anytime - you are family here.

Thanks all for the nice comments on the new pic! It sure helps me to see how far I've come to see the photos side by side.
Closed Thread