Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #61  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

I just did the Dukan site calculation - it said I should be at 141 (am currently at 140). My original goal was a range from 135 - 140...
Old 11-11-2012, 05:47 PM   #62  

Wow. Mine says 158. I'd still be in "overweight" BMI
Good info tho
Maybe I should raise mine back to where I originally had it:150

Last edited by lisa32989; 11-11-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Here is the link to a photographic height/weight chart...its really cool to see how the same weight can look so different on each person. Plus for me because I am so curvy I think I look so big but when I see other women my size I think they look great....grrr bad self image:<(

Diane

http://www.cockeyed.com/photos/bodies/heightweight.html
Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #64  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I have been gone so WIs were three weeks apart. I lost 5 pounds, but I know I was short some water with all the traveling...I've gotten used to my slow losses.
That's 1-2/3 pounds a week. That's awesome. After my first two week's losses, I'm delighted to be averaging 1-1/2 pounds a week. I've never seen this much success in the past. On WW and South Beach, I was resigned to losing 1/2 pound a week.

Every week I'm amazed that I'm still losing at this spectacular rate. Especially being post-menopausal, I'm exceeding my expectations. So if you're slow, I'm even slower, but happy.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #65  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hmmm. I just calculated my weight and it says 173. I think 21 pounds will not get rid of enough of this jiggly flab I still have. I guess I'll wait and see what it's like when I get there. Probably be another 3 months at least.

Molly
Old 11-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #66  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

I calculated mine and it said 151, just four pounds lower than my initial target (to get me into normal weight range). I've got a small bone structure, so I thought that would put me lower.

I know an important health measurement is to have a 30" waist or smaller. I'll be surprised if 25 more pounds gives me a 30" waist. However since that seems to be the major location of fat at this point, a fair amount needs to come from there.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:49 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
I'm 61 and 5'5". My best weight when younger was closer to 135-140, but I've decided to aim for 150-155lbs. My Dr. cautionned me that it's better for us *mature* gals to aim for a slightly higher goal weight and not to get fixated on getting down to what we weighed as 30 or 40yrs olds, etc. I weighed around 155 about 10 years ago and felt and looked great. I also got 150 as a good weight for myself when I used the Dukan Diet website. It takes the answers of a lot of different questions into consideration.

You're 5'9" and currently at 166lbs? How do you feel? Do you like the way you look? Since you're posting in our Fabulous at Fifty+ thread, I assume you're of a 'certain age'.
Thanks for the wealth of information that you gave. I did the Ducan evaluation and my ideal weight was 163, so right in target with what my doctor said. I am 62 and yes, have a high body fat percentage with low skeletal muscle percentage, so weights and cardio, it is.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello all, I did the Duncan thing and I hit it right on the nail 150, at first my coach said 130 but I'm going to see how I feel at 150 I'm big boned or at least my wrists are not even close to closing the gap when I do the wrist thing, but is is interesting to see,I forgot who suggested it but thank you.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #69  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Well I tried to read back (wow you all were chatty today ) but I can't figure out what you all are talking about the "Duncan" thing.

I came back with three 30 gallon trash bags 1/2 full (to heavy to carry if filled) with size things my size or smaller. Mostly smaller by a little bit, and some things that looked so nice it didn't matter they were quite a bit smaller. Slacks and jeans will be there for me when I get to size 16, a few 18's but mostly 16's are waiting for me when I'm ready. Just wait till I fit into the sexy black dresses.... I've hung them in my closet for inspiration. They are the type to go somewhere fancy, not for work. Unless you wear sequins to work Anyway I didn't try on everything, a few things, but just brought it home to try as I loose pounds. It should keep me inspired.

To be honest I've been very tempted - more then I ever have been in 5 months, to eat things I shouldn't. Not that I'm hungry so much as I "want" things.... I'm being strong, but it's odd after all these months that these feelings have come up to the surface. Probably has to do with the stress from work, it's the worse it's been in months. Writing about it now has me thinking - and putting 2 and 2 together.. eating carbs was my destress method for years, that's got to be what's happening.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:59 PM   #70  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Stay strong halfagain. My first 'instinct' when I'm stressed is to eat - so hard somedays to not go back there. You are doing so well - almost 100 lbs gone!!!! You CAN do it!!!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:46 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Well I tried to read back (wow you all were chatty today ) but I can't figure out what you all are talking about the "Duncan" thing.

I came back with three 30 gallon trash bags 1/2 full (to heavy to carry if filled) with size things my size or smaller. Mostly smaller by a little bit, and some things that looked so nice it didn't matter they were quite a bit smaller. Slacks and jeans will be there for me when I get to size 16, a few 18's but mostly 16's are waiting for me when I'm ready. Just wait till I fit into the sexy black dresses.... I've hung them in my closet for inspiration. They are the type to go somewhere fancy, not for work. Unless you wear sequins to work Anyway I didn't try on everything, a few things, but just brought it home to try as I loose pounds. It should keep me inspired.

To be honest I've been very tempted - more then I ever have been in 5 months, to eat things I shouldn't. Not that I'm hungry so much as I "want" things.... I'm being strong, but it's odd after all these months that these feelings have come up to the surface. Probably has to do with the stress from work, it's the worse it's been in months. Writing about it now has me thinking - and putting 2 and 2 together.. eating carbs was my destress method for years, that's got to be what's happening.
Halfagain, I'm soooooo feeling what you are saying about wanting to eat things, and your so right it's more I want that old comfort feeling that food brings, but we must be strong it's not worth it. And now you have some great cloths to look forward to and it won't be long, I have so enjoyed just finding my old cloths that are starting to fit. And I've been or think so, Hungary but my DH has been working for the past 3 weekends and I'm a little bored. Be strong and ill be thinking about you. Teena
Oh yea the dunkan site calculation, is a web site that has this little quiz that let's you know what your ideal weight should be according to them, it's insteresting to see, try it out.

Last edited by Yesmyqueen; 11-11-2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #72  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
You may want to enter your personal data and see what goal weight it recommends for you. Their website is at http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/ - just click on the box that talks about calculating your 'True Weight'.
Here is the Dukan link we're playing with.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I'm 61 and 5'5". My best weight when younger was closer to 135-140, but I've decided to aim for 150-155lbs. My Dr. cautionned me that it's better for us *mature* gals to aim for a slightly higher goal weight and not to get fixated on getting down to what we weighed as 30 or 40yrs olds, etc. I weighed around 155 about 10 years ago and felt and looked great. I also got 150 as a good weight for myself when I used the Dukan Diet website. It takes the answers of a lot of different questions into consideration, such as

How much would you like to weigh?

Have you already followed any diets in order to lose weight?

What is the most you have ever weighed?

After the age of 18, excluding any period of illness,what is the least you have ever weighed?
(Apart from during pregnancy for women)

What is your stable weight?
(This is the weight maintained without any
special effort and when eating spontaneously)

How many pregnancies have you had?

Do you lose weight easily?

Is there a history of overweight in your family?

What is your height?

You may want to enter your personal data and see what goal weight it recommends for you. Their website is at http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/ - just click on the box that talks about calculating your 'True Weight'. I know it's not *scientific* but I found it reinforced my original idea that 150-155lbs was a good range for me, maintainable, and it wasn't necessary or even advisable to go below that.
This is it Halfgain.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:15 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello all, I did the Duncan thing and I hit it right on the nail 150, at first my coach said 130 but I'm going to see how I feel at 150 I'm big boned or at least my wrists are not even close to closing the gap when I do the wrist thing, but is is interesting to see,I forgot who suggested it but thank you.
I think you must have a large frame. In your latest pictures you certainly don't look like you weigh what your stats say. My fingers won't come close to touching either. Some people told me I can't have a large frame because my hands and feet are so small. I sometimes wonder if my fingers don't meet over my wrist because my hands are small. But it also comes out as large frame when I measure with a tape.
Maybe I have fat wrists!
Pat
Old 11-12-2012, 12:48 AM   #75  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
This is it Halfgain.
Thank you! Bah.. says 199 for me. Not so sure about that. I know I'm big boned, and I'll have loose skin issues in the end to deal with. who knows how I'll feel at that weight.

Last edited by Halfagain; 11-12-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Closed Thread