Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
Back from Toronto, and had a great day. Unfortunately The Keg that were intending to eat at didn't open until 4pm on Saturday, but there was a Baton Rouge restaurant not too far away and we ended up there. They had about the same Hot Steak Salad, flank steak sliced thin and served on a bed of romaine, with some cherry tomatoes, and what I think were quite a few fennel strips. Also quite a bit of sliced onion and peppers. I just dipped my fork in the salad dressing (served on the side) very slightly a few times for a taste. And decaf coffee. Politely refused the birthday cake, but told everyone I was hoping to be phased out enough by Christmas to enjoy some of the yummy desserts with them then. Everyone is quite impressed with my discipline and 'sticking power'. I had a protein soup tonight, and really loaded it up with veggies in order to get them all in for the day.

So tomorrrow is Boot Camp!

I knew sooner or later I'd be needing the Ideal Protein Boot Camp Protocol, so copy/pasted and made a copy of it a couple of months ago when it was being discussed here. Here it is:

NO RESTRICTED ITEMS; NO OCCASIONAL VEGGIES.
Stick to soups, jello, juices and pudding packets.

Breakfast: Packet, as usual.
Lumch: Packet, veggies, and salad.
Supper: No meat protein. You can do 1 or 2 packets here. Still have veggies and salad.
Snack: Packet, as usual.

You an make an omelet with 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites and your veggies for supper if you want. Again - you can add another packet if you want to double the protein.

You can decide if you want one or two packets for supper. That would put you at 4-5 packets for the day. Try this for 2-3 days.

Remember LOTS of water. Add some lemon juice to you water early in the day to flush out your system.

Remember this is for when you reac a plateau only, which means no weight loss for 2-3 weeks or more.

(I can't recall now who posted this, but it was a longer term member who I judged reliable).

This is the protocol I'll be following, but I'll be adding in protein shakes, as I don't have alternative product jellos and juices.

See you all tomorrow!

Edited to Add: Just went searching for where I originally found the above IP Boot Camp Protocol, and it was actually from Dana. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...me-2-a-34.html
Thank you everpet.
Quote:
Isn't it funny how even our feet get smaller! I have a really cute pair of black leather wedge heeled boots that I almost gave away a couple of years ago as they'd gotten too tight. Instead I put them into storage. They fit perfectly now, and I wore them comfortably today. Glad I still had them. I wore them so few times they're like new. Same deal with my short black leather jacket - I haven't been able to wear it for years, and now it's almost too big! So nice to 'find' this stuff again.
Good for you Halfagain, hope you find some great cloths and keep up the great job, it's contagious.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #32  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

evepet - I see you found the boot camp protocol. I was just about to paste it here when I saw that you had done so. I can happily say that I lost 2 lbs on my first day of it yesterday!
Old 11-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #33  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
OK Dana, I'm in starting Sunday. Let me know exactly what you eat for boot camp. I know you have done it sucessfully before. I am in maintenance but up 6 pounds above my goal which I want to get off before holiday time.

Pat
I'm with you Pat!!! I do the strict IP protocol boot camp. No restricted, and only packets for my meals.

Quote:
I'll join you & Dana in a boot camp. And starting Sunday's ok with me too. I'm away tomorrow to Toronto, leaving fairly early and probably won't check in here until tomorrow evening. I'll check back then for sure to see if we're *on* for boot camp. My goal is to get to 160 lbs by mid December. I've got a pair of jeans and a pair of dress slacks that I want to fit into by Christmas time! And while I'm not straying too far from 100%, I'm just not accomplishing what I need to do these days on my own.
Evepet - glad you're joining us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I'm in! Actually started boot camp yesterday and my scale showed a 2 lb loss this morning! =D

Hi Dana - good to hear from you again. Was hoping everything was ok...

Time to get breakfast and then I'm going to 'attack' the house...today is cleaning day :P Until later.....
Great first day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Argh... I do not have enough packets in my pantry to start bootcamp now, but I will join in on Tuesday, since my weigh in is Monday and I can pick up plenty of stuff then. I do not want to get stalled now, when I am getting so close! That will also give me a chance to eat the swordfish (my favorite) in my fridge and some other things. DH won't mind - he gets a break from having to eat what I'm having for dinner and can just pick something up.
)
Join us when you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I am headed to my folks this weekend. I can connect to the Internet there but it's slow and I will be busy visiting and going thru cloths my sister no longer wants. There should be a lot of sizes I can just start to wear for pants/jeans and probably tops I can wear now. I'm excited about getting a range of sizes to work into and out of.

On top of the weekend plans, my work is at a phase where I'm really needed to watch what's going on there over the weekend too... so I need to pack personal and work computers for the trip. Oh well, it beats going into the office. I'm feeling so much better physically since I started IP. It's not the physical chore it used to be at 90 lbs heavier to lug in/out all the bags with the c-pap machine, etc. My car fits me better for seating and seat belt. My shoes are getting bigger, and the size 10 slippers from Costco fit. I was buying size 12 tennis shoes, I bet 11's will fit now. I used to wear 10-1/2 some years ago - I doubt I'll see that again.
You are doing so awesome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Molly, you have a great day, I'm going to 2 craft fairs, I'll be thinking about you, happy shopping!

Dana, missed you and yes I wanna boot camp, yes what exactly do you do for your camp? I'm in!
:
It's an all packet protocol. 3 to 4 packets per day and no restricteds, and do still have your veggies.

Quote:

So tomorrrow is Boot Camp!

I knew sooner or later I'd be needing the Ideal Protein Boot Camp Protocol, so copy/pasted and made a copy of it a couple of months ago when it was being discussed here. Here it is:

NO RESTRICTED ITEMS; NO OCCASIONAL VEGGIES.
Stick to soups, jello, juices and pudding packets.

Breakfast: Packet, as usual.
Lumch: Packet, veggies, and salad.
Supper: No meat protein. You can do 1 or 2 packets here. Still have veggies and salad.
Snack: Packet, as usual.

You an make an omelet with 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites and your veggies for supper if you want. Again - you can add another packet if you want to double the protein.

You can decide if you want one or two packets for supper. That would put you at 4-5 packets for the day. Try this for 2-3 days.

Remember LOTS of water. Add some lemon juice to you water early in the day to flush out your system.

Remember this is for when you reac a plateau only, which means no weight loss for 2-3 weeks or more.

(I can't recall now who posted this, but it was a longer term member who I judged reliable).

This is the protocol I'll be following, but I'll be adding in protein shakes, as I don't have alternative product jellos and juices.

See you all tomorrow!

Edited to Add: Just went searching for where I originally found the above IP Boot Camp Protocol, and it was actually from Dana. Here's the link: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...me-2-a-34.html
Thanks for posting this. I actually did it I think for about a week if I remember correctly. Once I got into it I actually enjoyed not having to worry about what to cook for dinner, just open a packet. I think the 2 to 3 day comment was to get one's scale moving again, but I'm doing it to lose the weight I've gained.

Quote:
Oh my I hope my feet don't get any smaller! I wear size 5 and it is so difficult to get shoes to fit me as it is.

Thanks for copying the "bootcamp" protocol. That must have been the one I read earlier because I did think I had read drinks and puddings somewhere. Do you think the cocoa and cappuccino packets are the same as puddings?

But it also said 2-3 days. I think Dana had done it for a week before.

I have been in maintenance but am up 6 pounds, I need to get that off again.
I forgot about The keg not opening until 4. I remembered I was surprised that that was still the case on the week end.
Pat
Personally I think as long as it's not a restricted packet then you are fine. That's just my .02 cents though.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:55 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

[QUOTE=DanafromAustin;4525131]

Personally I think as long as it's not a restricted packet then you are fine. That's just my .02 cents though.[/QUOTE
]
That's what I thought, makes it simple. I'll try that and want to do it for a whole week before I weigh myself. This is a ggod week to try it, very busy as usual but no social engagements.

I was supposed to join some friends for lunch today but the driving was so horrific with more than a foot of snow over several days I didn't want to drive anywhere today,

By next week we'll be used to it but for the first week of heavy snow we are always totally shocked that it has come again and skid all over the place!

Pat
Old 11-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
oooh yesmyqueen....i am going to hand off the "drill" sarge role to you this time
i will pass on the official "boot camp" too this time...but will catch up next time. sorry but i just have too much going on this week.
We will miss our Sarge, but totally understand those crazy weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Oops I didn't know we replaced our meat with 2 packets, that's gunna really b hard for me, I thought boot camp was just really watching everything super careful and no restricteds and all your water, guess I was wrong my bad!
I'm doing the IP bootcamp, but I say make boot camp work how ever you want it to work for you. If that means following a standard IP dinner, then go for it. The bottom line is we are all here to support each other in whatever form that comes in.

Quote:
I think I had bootcamp wrong too. Somehow I thought it was 5 drink packets a day, but think after reading here I think it is 5 non restricted packets a day?
Correct, just stay away from the restricteds, and eat 4 to 5 unrestricted packets per day with soups, puddings and jello as the preferred packets (don't forget the veggies too).
Old 11-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #36  

[QUOTE=patns;4525137]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post

Personally I think as long as it's not a restricted packet then you are fine. That's just my .02 cents though.[/QUOTE
]
That's what I thought, makes it simple. I'll try that and want to do it for a whole week before I weigh myself. This is a ggod week to try it, very busy as usual but no social engagements.

I was supposed to join some friends for lunch today but the driving was so horrific with more than a foot of snow over several days I didn't want to drive anywhere today,

By next week we'll be used to it but for the first week of heavy snow we are always totally shocked that it has come again and skid all over the place!

Pat
I'll weigh tomorrow morning just to see where I'm starting from and then I'll put the scale away for one week. I think one week should get me headed in the right direction at least.

Drive safe with all of that snow. The weather here in central Texas is finally about to change. We are still in the low to mid 80's here, but tomorrow is about the last day before I think we finally head into our winter weather. I always say that the weather changes right around Thanksgiving time, and sure enough it's the same this year. It's such a short winter season here though, as it will start to warm again by early March.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:09 AM   #37  

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! Life is so hectic these days! Count me in for boot camp starting Sunday...well it is actually Sunday now. LOL.

I have spent the last few days helping my daughter with a mini mall thing called Mistletoe Market. It's a two day temporary mini mall with 150+ shops....lots of fun, lots of work.

Lots of FOOD, but I just had my fruit punch protein drink and passed on all the sinfully wonderful looking treats.

Truffles sound wonderful! I'll have to look back and find the recipe.

Everyone sounds like they are busy getting ready for the holidays. I envy you Patns, with your fresh snow. I love snow. We get some every five years or so. :O

I am doing a pretty good job of logging daily food in MFP. Thanks for suggesting that. I am cyndieIP if anyone wants to join me.

I better try and get some sleep before my granddaughter wakes up.

Have a wonderful happy OP day.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:16 AM   #38  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
Hello everyone! Life is so hectic these days! Count me in for boot camp starting Sunday...well it is actually Sunday now. LOL.

I have spent the last few days helping my daughter with a mini mall thing called Mistletoe Market. It's a two day temporary mini mall with 150+ shops....lots of fun, lots of work.

Lots of FOOD, but I just had my fruit punch protein drink and passed on all the sinfully wonderful looking treats.

Everyone sounds like they are busy getting ready for the holidays. I envy you Patns, with your fresh snow. I love snow. We get some every five years or so. :O

I am doing a pretty good job of logging daily food in MFP. Thanks for suggesting that. I am cyndieIP if anyone wants to join me.

Cyndie - I am going to friend you on MFP right now! It's a big motivator for me to share my info with others!
Old 11-11-2012, 09:21 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Default Hello

Hi Everyone;

May I join the BootCamp Challenge? I really need to get things going.....Christmas is right around the corner!!

Thanks so much.

Diane
Old 11-11-2012, 09:44 AM   #40  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

The more the merrier! I will be joining in on Tuesday after I restock at my weigh in Monday afternoon.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #41  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi Folks!

Just touching in to say hi. I'm in Syracuse this weekend, visiting my daughter. We've celebrated my little granddaughter's 4th birthday yesterday ( two parties with food and cupcakes) and today her mom in law is throwing a baby shower. My daughter is due with number two next month. More food and crazy scheduling.

I've stayed OP 100% and will continue to do so although it's been tricky and I'm out of my routine. But I'm doing what I can. Last night my DSIL made fantastic chili for everyone. I did my own little sauté of garlic, veggies and ground beef so my food would look a little like everyone else's. Ate my bar during cupcake time.

This morning before the shower my 9-month pregnant daughter wants to take me shopping and pick out stylish clothes for me and my new body! What a daughter, huh?

Regards to all and best of luck in boot camp. I'm continuing on regular program.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 AM   #42  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning. I slept in this am, and am still sipping my breakfast cappuccino/coffee shake. First meal of Boot Camp #2 - Day 1.

I know we haven't discussed whether we're sharing our daily menu, but I decided to post mine... I think it helps keep me honest. So here's what I plan to eat today.

Breakfast: Cappucchino protein shakemix blended with hot decaf coffee
Lunch: ProtiDiet chicken cream soup blended with 2 cups of mixed cauliflower, zucchini, red peppers, cayenne, curry and dehydrated minced onion flakes.
Dinner: Omelette made with 1 whole egg & 1/4 cup egg whites; cup of spinach; cup of broccoli. ProtiDiet chocolate pudding packet.
Before Bed Snack: Choc Truffle Protein Powder, warmed to make a hot chocolate.
I may add another shake or pudding packet around 3-3:30pm - I'm waiting to see how I feel at that time, hunger-wise.

Nutritional Values for the above (not including the possible added 'packet' at 3-3:30pm) are: Cals 652; Fats 14g (0 Sat Fat); Fiber 15g; Sugar 14g; Net Carbs 26g; Protein 97g; Sodium 1547 mg.

At this morning's weight-in I was 165.8lbs.

------

Hope everyone - boot campers and others alike - has a great day. It's a beautiful sunny one right now in central Ontario - temps are supposed to get to around 14 degrees Celsius this afternoon. We'd better enjoy it while it lasts.

I've got to get myself at least down to 164 lbs by Wedn or Thurs!! I NEED to add another Happy Clapper to my signature line!
Old 11-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #43  

Quote:

Hi Cyndie, glad you're joining us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuzzieDee View Post
Hi Everyone;

May I join the BootCamp Challenge? I really need to get things going.....Christmas is right around the corner!!

Thanks so much.

Diane
The more the merrier.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Folks!

Just touching in to say hi. I'm in Syracuse this weekend, visiting my daughter. We've celebrated my little granddaughter's 4th birthday yesterday ( two parties with food and cupcakes) and today her mom in law is throwing a baby shower. My daughter is due with number two next month. More food and crazy scheduling.

I've stayed OP 100% and will continue to do so although it's been tricky and I'm out of my routine. But I'm doing what I can. Last night my DSIL made fantastic chili for everyone. I did my own little sauté of garlic, veggies and ground beef so my food would look a little like everyone else's. Ate my bar during cupcake time.

This morning before the shower my 9-month pregnant daughter wants to take me shopping and pick out stylish clothes for me and my new body! What a daughter, huh?

Regards to all and best of luck in boot camp. I'm continuing on regular program.
Have fun at the shower and shopping with your daughter too. Sounds like a great day.

Quote:
Good Morning. I slept in this am, and am still sipping my breakfast cappuccino/coffee shake. First meal of Boot Camp #2 - Day 1.

I know we haven't discussed whether we're sharing our daily menu, but I decided to post mine... I think it helps keep me honest. So here's what I plan to eat today.

Breakfast: Cappucchino protein shakemix blended with hot decaf coffee
Lunch: ProtiDiet chicken cream soup blended with 2 cups of mixed cauliflower, zucchini, red peppers, cayenne, curry and dehydrated minced onion flakes.
Dinner: Omelette made with 1 whole egg & 1/4 cup egg whites; cup of spinach; cup of broccoli. ProtiDiet chocolate pudding packet.
Before Bed Snack: Choc Truffle Protein Powder, warmed to make a hot chocolate.
I may add another shake or pudding packet around 3-3:30pm - I'm waiting to see how I feel at that time, hunger-wise.

Nutritional Values for the above (not including the possible added 'packet' at 3-3:30pm) are: Cals 652; Fats 14g (0 Sat Fat); Fiber 15g; Sugar 14g; Net Carbs 26g; Protein 97g; Sodium 1547 mg.

At this morning's weight-in I was 165.8lbs.

------

Hope everyone - boot campers and others alike - has a great day. It's a beautiful sunny one right now in central Ontario - temps are supposed to get to around 14 degrees Celsius this afternoon. We'd better enjoy it while it lasts.

I've got to get myself at least down to 164 lbs by Wedn or Thurs!! I NEED to add another Happy Clapper to my signature line!
Sounds like a good meal plan. I wish all of us luck and lower scale numbers as we do boot camp.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:16 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 136/120/115

Quote:

Cyndie - my daughter and I are going to Misteltoe Market today! What booth is your daughter's? We'll stop by and say hi! BTW: what is MFP?
Old 11-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #45  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Folks!

Sounds like you're handling this out of routine situation very successfully. Don't let it get to you. Enjoy the family, especially your daughter taking you clothes shopping. Add some pictures of your new stylish look. It will help the rest of us want to less frumpy as we slim down.

Good luck to all on boot camp. I'm just not to that point yet, though I slowed a bit more than I hoped. I have been gone so WIs were three weeks apart. I lost 5 pounds, but I know I was short some water with all the traveling (just too scared not be able to find a rest stop). I am excited to be 3# from hitting 100# lost. Should be able to make that by my WI just after Thanksgiving. Holidays are no problem. DH and I do not have family and so there are no celebrations and temptations. We neither one like turkey much, so no big turkey dinner. I'm working from home and so no office temptations, not that all of that has been a temptation. I'll just keep plugging along. I've gotten used to my slow losses. It's just me.

Off to make some homemade bread machine bread for DH. Even that doesn't tempt me now. The smell suffices.

Have a great OP day all.
Molly

Last edited by WingnutandMe; 11-11-2012 at 10:29 AM.
Closed Thread