Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 10:27 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
The more the merrier! I will be joining in on Tuesday after I restock at my weigh in Monday afternoon.
Lizzy...your weight loss is such a motivation!! I am the same height/weight as you and to see your steady loss and determination shows me exactly what can be done when one has a goal and is committed to seeing it through.

Diane
Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

I am wanting to join all of you also in Boot Camp. My weight loss has been getting slower and slower. Need your opinions. I am 5'9", my doctor wants me at 165-160. I am wanting to reach 155. I do want a realistic weigh that I can maintain. I had read somewhere that IP suggested that you go 5 lbs below your ideal weight when phasing off and going into maintenance. Any help you may lend would sure help me.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
evepet - I see you found the boot camp protocol. I was just about to paste it here when I saw that you had done so. I can happily say that I lost 2 lbs on my first day of it yesterday!
What? 2 lbs already, well I'm definately starting today as well, greajob lady!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
We will miss our Sarge, but totally understand those crazy weeks.

I'm doing the IP bootcamp, but I say make boot camp work how ever you want it to work for you. If that means following a standard IP dinner, then go for it. The bottom line is we are all here to support each other in whatever form that comes in.

Correct, just stay away from the restricteds, and eat 4 to 5 unrestricted packets per day with soups, puddings and jello as the preferred packets (don't forget the veggies too).
Ok thank you Dana, I'm going for 4 days boot camp, WI is thur morning with you all I can do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Hi Folks!

Just touching in to say hi. I'm in Syracuse this weekend, visiting my daughter. We've celebrated my little granddaughter's 4th birthday yesterday ( two parties with food and cupcakes) and today her mom in law is throwing a baby shower. My daughter is due with number two next month. More food and crazy scheduling.

I've stayed OP 100% and will continue to do so although it's been tricky and I'm out of my routine. But I'm doing what I can. Last night my DSIL made fantastic chili for everyone. I did my own little sauté of garlic, veggies and ground beef so my food would look a little like everyone else's. Ate my bar during cupcake time.

This morning before the shower my 9-month pregnant daughter wants to take me shopping and pick out stylish clothes for me and my new body! What a daughter, huh?

Regards to all and best of luck in boot camp. I'm continuing on regular program.
Joysh, you have a great time picking out cloths, you have done so well you tottaly deserve it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Sounds like you're handling this out of routine situation very successfully. Don't let it get to you. Enjoy the family, especially your daughter taking you clothes shopping. Add some pictures of your new stylish look. It will help the rest of us want to less frumpy as we slim down.

Good luck to all on boot camp. I'm just not to that point yet, though I slowed a bit more than I hoped. I have been gone so WIs were three weeks apart. I lost 5 pounds, but I know I was short some water with all the traveling (just too scared not be able to find a rest stop). I am excited to be 3# from hitting 100# lost. Should be able to make that by my WI just after Thanksgiving. Holidays are no problem. DH and I do not have family and so there are no celebrations and temptations. We neither one like turkey much, so no big turkey dinner. I'm working from home and so no office temptations, not that all of that has been a temptation. I'll just keep plugging along. I've gotten used to my slow losses. It's just me.

Off to make some homemade bread machine bread for DH. Even that doesn't tempt me now. The smell suffices.

Have a great OP day all.
Molly
You say another 5 lbs that's great Molly, and I'm amazed at almost 100 lbs, that really goes to show me and everyone how well this works, your the best!

Happy Sunday everyone, I just wanted to say I'm so thankful for all you guys. Teena
Old 11-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #49  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh my I hope my feet don't get any smaller! I wear size 5 and it is so difficult to get shoes to fit me as it is.

Thanks for copying the "bootcamp" protocol. That must have been the one I read earlier because I did think I had read drinks and puddings somewhere. Do you think the cocoa and cappuccino packets are the same as puddings?

But it also said 2-3 days. I think Dana had done it for a week before.

I have been in maintenance but am up 6 pounds, I need to get that off again.
I forgot about The keg not opening until 4. I remembered I was surprised that that was still the case on the week end.
Pat
Laughing at your comment about small feet - that certainly won't be a problem for me, although I can understand your situation. I normally wear a size 8.5 -9. And size 9s were starting to sometimes feel snug... I think the boots in question are 9s and they were fitting well, but loosely enough to be really comfy yesterday. Yay! It's a great feeling when you really like a piece of clothing or pair of shoes, etc., and find yourself able to wear it again and feel great in it. My next goal is this pair of jeans I really like, and a pair of jade green dress slacks I've got that are still too small. As I posted elsewhere, once I fit comfortably into those two items, I'll know that I'm at - or at least very close to - my goal. I don't care if I get smaller than that. In my mind, they've become my 'yardstick' for accomplishing my weight loss goal.

My alternative product cocoa/choc protein shake and cappuccino shake mixes come in a larger multi-serving size bag/jar, so I just measure up the portion size/serving. I'm not absolutely sure that they are exactly the same as puddings... I've always just gone by my comparison of nutritional values when chosing alternative products. I'm including them in my Boot Camp meal planning for the variety. Otherwise I'd only have my ProtiDiet soups and puddings, and I know I couldn't stick to that for more than 1 day. I don't believe they'll mess me up too much - my overall daily calorie level will be pretty low. (652 if I stick with 4 'packets' - up to around 750 or so if I add in a snack mid-day). Like you noted, I see that Dana has confirmed here that she stayed on her Boot Camp for a week. I don't know if I'll last that long or not... I'm going to play it by ear, but focus on at least until my next regularly scheduled weigh-in - which I typically do on Wedn or Thurs. I'd really love to get below that 160 lb level.

As to The Keg, it all turned out ok. I was pretty confident I could find something suitable no matter what restaurant we ended up in, but it was good that the Baton Rouge had some options that were very similiar to The Keg. My meal was very tasty. It worked out nicely that I had that meal yesterday, and go to Boot Camp today. I feel like yesterday was my 'reward'. LOL.

Quote:
I'm with you Pat!!! I do the strict IP protocol boot camp. No restricted, and only packets for my meals.

Evepet - glad you're joining us!

Great first day!

Join us when you can.

You are doing so awesome!!!

It's an all packet protocol. 3 to 4 packets per day and no restricteds, and do still have your veggies.

Thanks for posting this. I actually did it I think for about a week if I remember correctly. Once I got into it I actually enjoyed not having to worry about what to cook for dinner, just open a packet. I think the 2 to 3 day comment was to get one's scale moving again, but I'm doing it to lose the weight I've gained.

Personally I think as long as it's not a restricted packet then you are fine. That's just my .02 cents though.
I agree with your .02 cents. I'm basically cutting out anything that could be considered a restricted, as well as the 'real meat' part of dinners. I'm going to focus on doing this for at least 3 days, and how much longer I go depends on how I find myself feeling and how effective it proves to be weight-loss-wise. I'll weight myself again this Wedn or Thursday.

Quote:
Quote:

Personally I think as long as it's not a restricted packet then you are fine. That's just my .02 cents though.
That's what I thought, makes it simple. I'll try that and want to do it for a whole week before I weigh myself. This is a ggod week to try it, very busy as usual but no social engagements.

I was supposed to join some friends for lunch today but the driving was so horrific with more than a foot of snow over several days I didn't want to drive anywhere today,

By next week we'll be used to it but for the first week of heavy snow we are always totally shocked that it has come again and skid all over the place!

Pat
It seems to take a few days for everyone to get their driving climatized to the snow every winter doesn't it. Funny, since most of us have been driving in winter snow for years. I'm thinking I'd better enjoy today, as it's sunny here and supposed to go to about 14degrees C this afternoon. Probably won't see that temp much again until next spring. I'm going to take advantage of the warmer afternoon to finish stripping everything out of my balcony containers. I hadn't had the heart before to totally strip some of the plants that were still flowering. But today's the day. Time to 100% winterize.

Quote:
We will miss our Sarge, but totally understand those crazy weeks.

I'm doing the IP bootcamp, but I say make boot camp work how ever you want it to work for you. If that means following a standard IP dinner, then go for it. The bottom line is we are all here to support each other in whatever form that comes in.

Correct, just stay away from the restricteds, and eat 4 to 5 unrestricted packets per day with soups, puddings and jello as the preferred packets (don't forget the veggies too).
I agree with Dana - if it helps to join our Boot Camp, but anyone prefers to modify it to continue to enjoy a standard IP dinner, then go ahead. The goal is to help each other stay focused and move ahead. Let's not get lost in 'rules'.

[QUOTE=DanafromAustin;4525141]
Quote:
I'll weigh tomorrow morning just to see where I'm starting from and then I'll put the scale away for one week. I think one week should get me headed in the right direction at least.

Drive safe with all of that snow. The weather here in central Texas is finally about to change. We are still in the low to mid 80's here, but tomorrow is about the last day before I think we finally head into our winter weather. I always say that the weather changes right around Thanksgiving time, and sure enough it's the same this year. It's such a short winter season here though, as it will start to warm again by early March.
I'm sure one week will give you a great push in the right direction Dana. I'm actually quite interested to see how this affects my weight loss over the coming days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
Hello everyone! Life is so hectic these days! Count me in for boot camp starting Sunday...well it is actually Sunday now. LOL.

I have spent the last few days helping my daughter with a mini mall thing called Mistletoe Market. It's a two day temporary mini mall with 150+ shops....lots of fun, lots of work.

Lots of FOOD, but I just had my fruit punch protein drink and passed on all the sinfully wonderful looking treats.

Truffles sound wonderful! I'll have to look back and find the recipe.

Everyone sounds like they are busy getting ready for the holidays. I envy you Patns, with your fresh snow. I love snow. We get some every five years or so. :O

I am doing a pretty good job of logging daily food in MFP. Thanks for suggesting that. I am cyndieIP if anyone wants to join me.

I better try and get some sleep before my granddaughter wakes up.

Have a wonderful happy OP day.
The Mistletoe Market sounds like fun! Kudos to you for avoiding the food and drink tempations. And welcome to the Boot Camp!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy63 View Post
Cyndie - I am going to friend you on MFP right now! It's a big motivator for me to share my info with others!
I like the idea of you guys sharing on MFP. I've been tempted to join there as well, but I have had all my info entered into fatsecret.com for months and months and at this point it's so easy to enter everything! I looked at MFP last week and it seemed I'd have to enter so many of my personal alternative food items from scratch that it seemed a lot of work and I decided against it. But the idea of the group support in that way is a really good one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuzzieDee View Post
Hi Everyone;

May I join the BootCamp Challenge? I really need to get things going.....Christmas is right around the corner!!

Thanks so much.

Diane
Of course AuzzieDee! The more the merrier.

Quote:
Hi Folks!

Just touching in to say hi. I'm in Syracuse this weekend, visiting my daughter. We've celebrated my little granddaughter's 4th birthday yesterday ( two parties with food and cupcakes) and today her mom in law is throwing a baby shower. My daughter is due with number two next month. More food and crazy scheduling.

I've stayed OP 100% and will continue to do so although it's been tricky and I'm out of my routine. But I'm doing what I can. Last night my DSIL made fantastic chili for everyone. I did my own little sauté of garlic, veggies and ground beef so my food would look a little like everyone else's. Ate my bar during cupcake time.

This morning before the shower my 9-month pregnant daughter wants to take me shopping and pick out stylish clothes for me and my new body! What a daughter, huh?

Regards to all and best of luck in boot camp. I'm continuing on regular program.
Have fun on that shopping trip! How sweet of your daughter to do that for you. Good on you for sticking 100% when faced with all those social challenges. I'm also proud of myself today... I was at a birthday party yesterday too - lots of food temptations! It feels good to be disciplined and stick to our goals! Birthday cakes, ice cream, and whateverelse temps us will still be there to enjoy when we reach our goal. And then we can enjoy with a clear conscience - and slim, healthy body.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #50  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Sounds like you're handling this out of routine situation very successfully. Don't let it get to you. Enjoy the family, especially your daughter taking you clothes shopping. Add some pictures of your new stylish look. It will help the rest of us want to less frumpy as we slim down.

Good luck to all on boot camp. I'm just not to that point yet, though I slowed a bit more than I hoped. I have been gone so WIs were three weeks apart. I lost 5 pounds, but I know I was short some water with all the traveling (just too scared not be able to find a rest stop). I am excited to be 3# from hitting 100# lost. Should be able to make that by my WI just after Thanksgiving. Holidays are no problem. DH and I do not have family and so there are no celebrations and temptations. We neither one like turkey much, so no big turkey dinner. I'm working from home and so no office temptations, not that all of that has been a temptation. I'll just keep plugging along. I've gotten used to my slow losses. It's just me.

Off to make some homemade bread machine bread for DH. Even that doesn't tempt me now. The smell suffices.

Have a great OP day all.
Molly
Wow - just realized you are so close to -100 lbs! Way to Go!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:17 AM   #51  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskywyoming View Post
I am wanting to join all of you also in Boot Camp. My weight loss has been getting slower and slower. Need your opinions. I am 5'9", my doctor wants me at 165-160. I am wanting to reach 155. I do want a realistic weigh that I can maintain. I had read somewhere that IP suggested that you go 5 lbs below your ideal weight when phasing off and going into maintenance. Any help you may lend would sure help me.
I'm 61 and 5'5". My best weight when younger was closer to 135-140, but I've decided to aim for 150-155lbs. My Dr. cautionned me that it's better for us *mature* gals to aim for a slightly higher goal weight and not to get fixated on getting down to what we weighed as 30 or 40yrs olds, etc. I weighed around 155 about 10 years ago and felt and looked great. I also got 150 as a good weight for myself when I used the Dukan Diet website. It takes the answers of a lot of different questions into consideration, such as

How much would you like to weigh?

Have you already followed any diets in order to lose weight?

What is the most you have ever weighed?

After the age of 18, excluding any period of illness,what is the least you have ever weighed?
(Apart from during pregnancy for women)

What is your stable weight?
(This is the weight maintained without any
special effort and when eating spontaneously)

How many pregnancies have you had?

Do you lose weight easily?

Is there a history of overweight in your family?

What is your height?

You may want to enter your personal data and see what goal weight it recommends for you. Their website is at http://www.dukandiet.co.uk/ - just click on the box that talks about calculating your 'True Weight'. I know it's not *scientific* but I found it reinforced my original idea that 150-155lbs was a good range for me, maintainable, and it wasn't necessary or even advisable to go below that.

After I'd dropped my first 30 lbs or so I saw my Dr., and discussed my goal weight. She reinforced my earlier decision, and said she didn't think it would be good for me to aim for lower than 150 lbs., and that she'd be happy if I just got to 155 or so.

You're 5'9" and currently at 166lbs? How do you feel? Do you like the way you look? Since you're posting in our Fabulous at Fifty+ thread, I assume you're of a 'certain age'. How's your body fat %, etc.? Have you been exercising at all... is it possible that you just need to tone up more now that you're basically at your Dr.'s goal weight? Given your height and current weight (and based on my comparative situation age, height and weight-wise) I'd think you'd be just fine at your Drs recommended range of 160-165lbs.... but that is of course jmo. If you really feel you want to aim lower, just play it by ear and see how you feel/look, etc. But bear in mind that several of us here in the Fabulous at Fifty+ thread have had our Drs. caution us about aiming for too low a weight loss goal, that it's much harder to achieve and harder to maintain for our age group... also that it's considerably harder for women in our age group to get the body fat% down as low as we might wish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
What? 2 lbs already, well I'm definately starting today as well, greajob lady!

Ok thank you Dana, I'm going for 4 days boot camp, WI is thur morning with you all I can do it.

Joysh, you have a great time picking out cloths, you have done so well you tottaly deserve it .

You say another 5 lbs that's great Molly, and I'm amazed at almost 100 lbs, that really goes to show me and everyone how well this works, your the best!

Happy Sunday everyone, I just wanted to say I'm so thankful for all you guys. Teena
Welcome to Boot Camp Teena.

Last edited by evepet; 11-11-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 11-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Lizzy...your weight loss is such a motivation!! I am the same height/weight as you and to see your steady loss and determination shows me exactly what can be done when one has a goal and is committed to seeing it through.

Diane
What I am realizing from Liz, Ishbel and some others is that they are rocking maintenance because they immediately got very physically active.

That is a huge step for me and I need to follow that example. But I hate the cold!
Old 11-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #53  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
What I am realizing from Liz, Ishbel and some others is that they are rocking maintenance because they immediately got very physically active.

That is a huge step for me and I need to follow that example. But I hate the cold!
ITA. It's going to be essential to incorporate some form of regular exercise in order to support maintenance. I know I won't go outside in winter to do it though, so I'm concentrating on inside activities. I have an elliptical which I'll use more frequently, but I'm also planning to get a few good exercise DVDs for variety. I'm looking at getting another of Leslie Sansome's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs (there are some that include strength training components), and also Weight Loss Cardio Kick by Violet Zaki. I'll be much apt to do exercise that I actually enjoy, and walking/dancing/cardio kicking to music fits that need.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 195/See Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evepet View Post
ITA. It's going to be essential to incorporate some form of regular exercise in order to support maintenance. I know I won't go outside in winter to do it though, so I'm concentrating on inside activities. I have an elliptical which I'll use more frequently, but I'm also planning to get a few good exercise DVDs for variety. I'm looking at getting another of Leslie Sansome's Walk Away the Pounds DVDs (there are some that include strength training components), and also Weight Loss Cardio Kick by Violet Zaki. I'll be much apt to do exercise that I actually enjoy, and walking/dancing/cardio kicking to music fits that need.
Yes, I am "lucky" that I have dogs so no matter what the weather they need walking, it just depends if it is longer or shorter.

I also have a treadmill which I try and use to use betwen 20-60 minutes per day as well I swim with fins once or twice a week.

Diane
Old 11-11-2012, 02:08 PM   #55  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I think going 5 pounds below is a good idea because it gives you some wiggle room. I've raised my goal weight to be more reasonable for my weight history. I want to get to a weight that I can reasonably maintain. I also used the Dukan website to get a reasonable weight goal. The site actually said I should weigh even more than 150, but at barely 5'2 I think anything more than 150 is too much. In addition I have plenty of lose skin, so I know my 150 on the scale is actually less than that if I could remove the extra skin (how I wish).
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I think going 5 pounds below is a good idea because it gives you some wiggle room. I've raised my goal weight to be more reasonable for my weight history. I want to get to a weight that I can reasonably maintain. I also used the Dukan website to get a reasonable weight goal. The site actually said I should weigh even more than 150, but at barely 5'2 I think anything more than 150 is too much. In addition I have plenty of lose skin, so I know my 150 on the scale is actually less than that if I could remove the extra skin (how I wish).
Yes Dukan is quite generous in his estimate. It said I shouldn't lose anymore at 137 because it factors in weight history and age. I also come out as large frame.

I am 65 and my doctor also doesn't want me to go under 130. He says as we get older we need some "padding" in case we develop a medical issue (he didn't mean as a result of dieting). He said being at the upper end of the healthy end of the BRI range gives you something to fall back on if you have a medical situation.

But I do have to get the 7 pounds I put on off right away as it is all around my belly and pants don't fit.

It really is a good idea to get 5 pounds below goal weight because 5 pounds does instantly jump back on after you phase off.

My problem was that after 130 it was all coming off my top half and I looked gaunt in the face and lost my boobs totally. But the belly just wouldn't give up the fat.

With the instant 5 pound gain my face didn't look gaunt and boobs went back up a size but any ounce I gained after that went to the belly.

My problem is all my readings on the onrom scale are very good as is my waist measurement; but fat % is still very high, it's all in the belly.

So exercise is key. I think the question of goal weight does have a lot to do with previous history.

I was an overweight child and I think we have the most difficulty getting to a lower weight.
Someone who was fit and active in their younger years propably would want to maintain a lower goal weight and their body would likely adjust to it quicker than for someone who was always overweight.

I have been looking at my packets for bootcamp. I have some IP products and some Protidiet ones. Except for the bars and snacks the nutritional info is quite similar for all of them. Between 90-100 calories; 5 carbs and 15 protein. So I think I can mix these as my choices. I am going to try this for a week if I can.

I am one who loves my restricted treat everyday but will go for a week without that and see if it helps.

Good luck to all my fellow bootcampers for the next few days or week. Let's do this!
Pat
Old 11-11-2012, 04:01 PM   #57  
8/23/12 - 1/6/13

S/C/G: 170/140/135

Height: 5' 5"

I tried the Dukan site and it said I should be 138 at 5'5" and I'm 55yo. My heaviest was 170, so I don't have a lot of extra skin. Do you think that is why some folks are getting higher weight scores for shorter heights? Oh that, and the little finger/wrist trick was in the middle for me for frame size - my fingertips barely met but did touch.

Last edited by Fishette; 11-11-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #58  

Quote:
Wow! My dr wants me at 145-150 and I'm the same height! gonna have to see what I am comfortable with but I am going to try for 5lbs below whatever goal I set for myself when I get closer. Right now the goal is 150
Old 11-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #59  

Cannot wait to be able to exercise again! Since messing up my ankle and knee beginning in October of 2011 there hasn't been much that I can do. Had knee placement in May. I used to do sprint triathlons but wont be doing those this year at least. I spent this morning in the ER becuz I pulled a tendon or something in my knee and am now on major pain pills. I hate meds. Well at least I am still OP!!!! Gotta find a silver lining!
Old 11-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #60  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Hi Folks!

You are an inspiration! Staying 100% with all those goodies and away from home for a few days is awesome. Love your daughter's wanting to take you shopping!

Quote:
Hi Everyone;

May I join the BootCamp Challenge? I really need to get things going.....Christmas is right around the corner!!

Thanks so much.

Diane
Diane - you are more than welcome to join us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndie View Post
Hello everyone! Life is so hectic these days! Count me in for boot camp starting Sunday...well it is actually Sunday now. LOL.

I have spent the last few days helping my daughter with a mini mall thing called Mistletoe Market. It's a two day temporary mini mall with 150+ shops....lots of fun, lots of work.

Lots of FOOD, but I just had my fruit punch protein drink and passed on all the sinfully wonderful looking treats.

Truffles sound wonderful! I'll have to look back and find the recipe.

Everyone sounds like they are busy getting ready for the holidays. I envy you Patns, with your fresh snow. I love snow. We get some every five years or so. :O

I am doing a pretty good job of logging daily food in MFP. Thanks for suggesting that. I am cyndieIP if anyone wants to join me.

I better try and get some sleep before my granddaughter wakes up.

Have a wonderful happy OP day.
Mistletoe market sounds like a lot of fun! Oh, I'll try to friend you on MFP too. I really like seeing my daily totals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstw1 View Post
Cyndie - my daughter and I are going to Misteltoe Market today! What booth is your daughter's? We'll stop by and say hi! BTW: what is MFP?
MFP is an app...My Fitness Pal. I have it on both my IPhone and laptop. You can log in your daily food diary and any exercising you do. you can also enter in your own recipes so you don't have to enter each ingredient every time you have that recipe.

Quote:

Have a great OP day all.
Molly
Congratulations on the 5 lbs Molly! That is great Better yet - almost at 100 lbs gone forever!!! THAT IS FABULOUSWTG

Quote:
Welcome to boot camp! As you know, as most of us get closer to our goal weight, the lbs seem to come off slower & slower. I was stuck on 143 for 10 solid days! I really don't know what is a good weight for me, and wonder if 135 is too low. As much trouble as I'm having getting to that #, I don't know how I'd ever get to 130 for that 5 lb. cushion.

Even though I'm doing IP boot camp, I'm not quite as strict with it this time. I had Wildberry Pancakes this morning made with egg white, and also made Potato Puree into Gnocchi (to put in my homemade vegetable soup) for lunch, which also needed an egg. And I had half of a bar between b'fast & lunch (got really hungry after planting some trees). Afternoon snack was Blueberry Cran Granata drink after my 2 1/2 mile walk. Supper will be veggies, salad, and Chocolate Bark made from Choc. Pudding. My weight Friday morning (when I started boot camp) was 142.8. (Getting so close I can taste it!!!)

EDIT: forgot to say that I have begun exercising a bit already. Nothing strenuous, but yoga-like moves to begin toning, and walking several times a week. Once I hit P3 I hope to join a gym; and when the snow comes, I'll be out snowshoeing (a REALLY good workout!). Have been wondering if I should start with some light weights too, as my upper arms aren't getting any smaller...

Last edited by greeniris; 11-11-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Closed Thread