3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Men on IP Vol 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268278-men-ip-vol-3-a.html)

jwdesselle 12-14-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4556589)
I just started IP this Monday and today is my first visit with my coach...very exciting :)

Welcome, congratulations, and good luck. You are going to be amazed at how well this program works, and at all the super support you will get here. :carrot:

nobylspoon 12-14-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A1Texan (Post 4556589)
I just started IP this Monday and today is my first visit with my coach...very exciting :)

Welcome aboard. This program is awesome, you will see some amazing results in a very short time. I lost 45lbs in 10 weeks and it has felt virtually effortless.

BTW, I recently moved from North Austin. I'm glad I have a safe distance from Brooklyn Pie Company at La Frontera now, lol. Pizza is my biggest weakness.

WingnutandMe 12-14-2012 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobylspoon (Post 4556565)
I've been working to perfect a holiday chocolate-peppermint cookie with the drink mix to bring down with me for desert when everyone starts cutting into their pies.

Okay, I'm not a guy, BUT you have to share when you've completed this cookie. It sounds fabulous. Be sure to post it on the recipe thread in the stickies.

Thanks, Molly

A1Texan 12-14-2012 05:53 PM

Thanks for the support. Had my first meeting today with my coach. Lost 6 pounds and an average of 2 inches everywhere - all in 4 days. Love it and what a motivation!

A1Texan 12-14-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobylspoon (Post 4556686)
Welcome aboard. This program is awesome, you will see some amazing results in a very short time. I lost 45lbs in 10 weeks and it has felt virtually effortless.

BTW, I recently moved from North Austin. I'm glad I have a safe distance from Brooklyn Pie Company at La Frontera now, lol. Pizza is my biggest weakness.

Sweets in general are my weakness...LOL

ddd849 12-14-2012 06:17 PM

Congrats on your first WI A1 and welcome. I echo JWs comments. The results will amaze you be the people around you.

Week 17 for me and I am officially down 80lbs and I'm so close to having acceptable body fat. My losses have slowed some, as I'm seeing a couple of slow weeks now followed by a strong one, but I'm still averaging 4.7lbs/week. IP is awesome.

A1Texan 12-15-2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddd849 (Post 4556937)
Congrats on your first WI A1 and welcome. I echo JWs comments. The results will amaze you be the people around you.

Week 17 for me and I am officially down 80lbs and I'm so close to having acceptable body fat. My losses have slowed some, as I'm seeing a couple of slow weeks now followed by a strong one, but I'm still averaging 4.7lbs/week. IP is awesome.

Thanks buddy. It's a good feeling being able to see progress

cschindel 12-16-2012 12:41 AM

Made it through my first Christmas dinner and tons of junk food, stayed strong! One more Christmas supper to go next weekend!

jwdesselle 12-17-2012 08:11 AM

Hang in there everyone through out the holiday dinners/parties.

I have a question for you all. My partner is on IP and I had to bring him to the After Hours care center here in town. We thought it was a sprained back muscle, ends up it is Kidney Stones. Has anyone heard of IP causing this, or helping cause this? He now has anti-inflammatory meds which are helping lots. We asked the pharmacist about IP and Kidney Stones and he said that if you eat more protein than your body needs, that could be a contributing factor, along with dark sodas and tea. No sodas have been consumed, but he has been drinking coffee and unsweetened tea.

Any suggestions out there? (I've never had kidney stones)

nobylspoon 12-17-2012 02:07 PM

I came across this post on the Ideal Protein Facebook page today:

Quote:

Just to let everyone know i lost 60 pounds on this... Please becarefull of all the calcuim we take i had kidney stones twice from all the calcuim.. 4 a day is too much my doctor said and high protein diets can be dangerous... Im paying for it now... 1 calcuim pill a day is more then enough

pwpcb 12-17-2012 04:39 PM

I have read that drinking a lot of tea can cause Kidney stones.

We had our company Christmas party Friday and I came out of it OK. I have been on the program for 4 weeks and I have lost 15 pounds. I weigh less now than I have in the last 10 years.

mammoth357 12-18-2012 08:16 AM

Hi A1 and welcome to the party!

JW: I had heard about the kidney stone issue. Seems rare, but to play it safe I have only taken 1 potassium.Cal and dropped my Cal/Mag from 4 a day to 2 a day many weeks ago (like 10 weeks ago)....I have found I just don't need that much anyway.

Lost 3lbs last week so 2 lbs to go till goal! Thinking I might go 7 more lbs just to hit an even 100 lbs lost on IP...also that will give me some wiggle room for phase 4 minor gain-back if that should occur.

Nobster; pass along the cookie recipe brother...I will be needing it!

CS: Congrats on making it through that dinner! Well Played!

Trip D: Man, you are doing GREAT! Congrats bro!

Molly: Hi! Yep, I think many of us want to hear about that cookie recipe...haha! YUM!

Wuv: Missing you!

Big Dad & Vet: You gents doing OK? Check-in so we know all is well...!
If I missed anyone, sorry about that...my brain is in a fog. I cheated last night with a tsp of peanut butter (smuckers natural crunchy style) and have been in heaven since! I mean its not a pizza like JW had back when, but it IS peanute butter, the nectar of the Gods afterall! haha! Suppose I will live afterall!
Cheers
Jake

wuv2bloved 12-18-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammoth357 (Post 4559410)

JW: I had heard about the kidney stone issue. Seems rare, but to play it safe I have only taken 1 potassium.Cal and dropped my Cal/Mag from 4 a day to 2 a day many weeks ago (like 10 weeks ago)....I have found I just don't need that much anyway.

Lost 3lbs last week so 2 lbs to go till goal! Thinking I might go 7 more lbs just to hit an even 100 lbs lost on IP...also that will give me some wiggle room for phase 4 minor gain-back if that should occur.

Nobster; pass along the cookie recipe brother...I will be needing it!

CS: Congrats on making it through that dinner! Well Played!

Trip D: Man, you are doing GREAT! Congrats bro!

Molly: Hi! Yep, I think many of us want to hear about that cookie recipe...haha! YUM!

Wuv: Missing you!

Big Dad & Vet: You gents doing OK? Check-in so we know all is well...!
If I missed anyone, sorry about that...my brain is in a fog. I cheated last night with a tsp of peanut butter (smuckers natural crunchy style) and have been in heaven since! I mean its not a pizza like JW had back when, but it IS peanute butter, the nectar of the Gods afterall! haha! Suppose I will live afterall!
Cheers
Jake

Great WI Jake!...only a few more pounds to go CONGRATS!...I am around just not as much, the internet at work, half azz works so I can't get on as much, then working 2 jobs not a whole lot of time to get online anymore. I am still around though :)

jwdesselle 12-18-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobylspoon (Post 4558902)
I came across this post on the Ideal Protein Facebook page today:

THANKS

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwpcb (Post 4559012)
I have read that drinking a lot of tea can cause Kidney stones.

THANKS

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammoth357 (Post 4559410)

Cheers
Jake

THANKS everyone. He's stopped drinking the tea and has cut back on the pills. Nothing like a constant dull pain.

Other than that, things going great. We had his family over this weekend for bbq. I weighed myself Sat. night, after eating too much, and was up 3 lbs. I did a P1 Sunday and Monday and have lost 2 1/2 lbs of those 3. So, this maintenance gig is OK. :carrot:

jwdesselle 12-18-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4559522)
I am still around though :)

Well, what's left of her is still around..... :hug: