3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Men on IP Vol 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268278-men-ip-vol-3-a.html)

pwpcb 11-20-2012 02:43 PM

Walden Farms

Thank you for the quick responses. I am looking forward to seeing the old me again. Here is to seeing less of us in the future!

nobylspoon 11-20-2012 02:49 PM

Welcome pwpcb. Judging by your stats it doesn't look like you will be with us too long. I imagine you will reach that goal pretty quick. It's great that you are starting now. So many people use the holidays as an excuse to push their weight loss off. You've got the right mindset for sure.

Are you still working out on the treadmill? If so, you might want to hold off a bit while your body adjusts to being in ketosis. Some coaches suggest 2 weeks, mine had me wait a full month before getting back into the gym. I thought she was crazy (her office is INSIDE my gym).

After your first week or two it's basically just cruise control. It amazes me how effortless this diet is.

Best of luck to you in your journey!

mammoth357 11-20-2012 07:27 PM

Gobble-Gobble...hey gang, have a great Thanksgiving, stay OP and enjoy! Posting this now as have to work tomorrow and have a bunch of family on Thanksgiving day...
Hope everyone has a safe and healthy holiday!
Cheers
Jake

nobylspoon 11-21-2012 08:07 AM

I am considering changing my goal to a lower weight. For my height, 180lbs is average but I am not working this hard to be just "average". I might shoot for the 160's and be lean for the first time in my life.

In the end it really comes down to fat % and not weight but I doubt I will be 15-20% body fat while I am 180lbs.

A target weight of 165 used to seem unfathomable to me but the easier this program has become to stick with the more I see myself being able to reach that goal.

wuv2bloved 11-21-2012 11:57 AM

I had to come looking for my guys this morning, y'all were on the second page...what is up with that???...y'all KNOW I can't be having that!!....I wish all of you the Best Thanksgiving ever!...stay focused and enjoy the company of family and friends don't focus on the food there is to eat!! :)

jwdesselle 11-21-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4535444)
I had to come looking for my guys this morning, y'all were on the second page...what is up with that???...y'all KNOW I can't be having that!!....I wish all of you the Best Thanksgiving ever!...stay focused and enjoy the company of family and friends don't focus on the food there is to eat!! :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

I've actually been a little busy at work/tired at home. But, I'm here. :hug:

usmcvet 11-21-2012 04:36 PM

Just checking in. I just split wood for a few hours. I cheated and used a wood splitter. But standing the whole time was no problem. It used to require lots of breaks to sit. So not looking forward to Thanksgiving like I used to. I am kooking forward to relaxing and not focusing completely on food like I used to. It was all about the carbs before. Not this year. I booked flights for St Martin in February. I'm looking forward to flying where I used to dread it. I'm pretty sure I will not need an extension for my seat belt for the first time in more than a decade!

wuv2bloved 11-21-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4535732)
Just checking in. I just split wood for a few hours. I cheated and used a wood splitter. But standing the whole time was no problem. It used to require lots of breaks to sit. So not looking forward to Thanksgiving like I used to. I am kooking forward to relaxing and not focusing completely on food like I used to. It was all about the carbs before. Not this year. I booked flights for St Martin in February. I'm looking forward to flying where I used to dread it. I'm pretty sure I will not need an extension for my seat belt for the first time in more than a decade!

Hey my Birthday is Feb 16th!....hahaha

nobylspoon 11-22-2012 08:58 AM

Back from my pre-turkey workout now to hit the road to see my niece and nephews. Happy Thanksgiving guys (and wuv). Resist the temptations!

mammoth357 11-22-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4535859)
Hey my Birthday is Feb 16th!....hahaha

Haha...My Wife's Birthday is Feb 16th also! Cool!

I added a pedometer to my belt at work as wanted to see how many miles I am racking-up while there. Yesterday was 16.1 miles in 7 hours...WOW, I was surprised! Some other people who wore them before told me they averaged around 15 miles a day. Now THAT can't hurt the "cause" (except my knee's of course which are SORE)!

Happy Thanksgiving gang!
Jake

wuv2bloved 11-22-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammoth357 (Post 4536184)
Haha...My Wife's Birthday is Feb 16th also! Cool!

I added a pedometer to my belt at work as wanted to see how many miles I am racking-up while there. Yesterday was 16.1 miles in 7 hours...WOW, I was surprised! Some other people who wore them before told me they averaged around 15 miles a day. Now THAT can't hurt the "cause" (except my knee's of course which are SORE)!

Happy Thanksgiving gang!
Jake

HAHA...that is cool, now I know you won't forget about me on that day.....lol...Temptations are not an option! stay strong!!....Happy Thanksgiving to y'all!!!

usmcvet 11-22-2012 06:36 PM

Lisa come with us. Its the Oyster Bay Beach resort.

Dude +16 miles a day WOW.

My knees hurt last night and my legs are still sore but its all good. It was ibuprofen pain not RX level pain. Tomorrow we stack the wood!

usmcvet 11-23-2012 10:54 PM

Stacked the wood and hit the pool with the kids. Then went to dinner and a movie. We saw Guardians. Pretty cute. All three kids, 5 ,7 and 10 liked it.

wuv2bloved 11-24-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4537425)
Stacked the wood and hit the pool with the kids. Then went to dinner and a movie. We saw Guardians. Pretty cute. All three kids, 5 ,7 and 10 liked it.

POOL?????? its too cold for the pool!!

jwdesselle 11-24-2012 03:17 PM

Hey everyone. Thanksgiving was a great day. I did very good eating, and motivating my partner (He started IP this last Monday) It was great seeing most of the family. Wow, tired after that trip. Drove two hours and spent maybe 2 hours at 4 different houses each, then drove 2 hours back. Whirl-wind of a day, but great to see everyone.

I got a wild hair to paint our hall way today. It is sort of a narrow hallway so I am painting it a Beach White (off white) color to make it look wider. I've done the first coats along the baseboards and as high as I can reach. Taking a break now trying to decide if I want to do the molding around the ceiling, or scoot on my butt and do 2nd coat around the baseboards. Those are so easy. :)