3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Men on IP Vol 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268278-men-ip-vol-3-a.html)

usmcvet 12-26-2012 07:54 AM

JW I just had my GNC RTD total lean vanilla shake. It is 0 degrees outside! The Wood stove is cranking.

nobylspoon 12-26-2012 08:03 AM

My family decided to have Christmas brunch instead of a traditional dinner this year so it was a lot easier to stay on protocol. I just had a big plate of eggs but cheated a bit with a couple pieces of bacon :devil:

My uncles eyes lit up when he opened my card containing a check made out to his local Ideal Protein clinic for the coaching fee. He has seen my results and has been really eager to give the program a try himself.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

usmcvet 12-26-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobylspoon (Post 4564650)
My family decided to have Christmas brunch instead of a traditional dinner this year so it was a lot easier to stay on protocol. I just had a big plate of eggs but cheated a bit with a couple pieces of bacon :devil:

My uncles eyes lit up when he opened my card containing a check made out to his local Ideal Protein clinic for the coaching fee. He has seen my results and has been really eager to give the program a try himself.

I hope everyone had a great holiday!

That is a cool present.

jwdesselle 12-27-2012 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4564643)
JW I just had my GNC RTD total lean vanilla shake. It is 0 degrees outside! The Wood stove is cranking.

And I thought our 40 degrees was cold! WOw

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4565149)
That is a cool present.

Yeah, that is a pretty cool present. :carrot:

usmcvet 12-27-2012 09:08 AM

JW it has warmed up to 23. There is a bunch of fluffy snow out there 6-8" I'd say and I need to fire up the snow blower!

mammoth357 12-27-2012 09:40 AM

Just checked here and looks like about 10" new snow SO FAR...cold and VERY gusty white-out wind action. Can't wait to get the snow blower and get out there, haha!

Lost 2 lbs last week, weigh-in was Christmas Morning...so...1 LB to official Goal! Of course I will phase 1 it and drop 10 more so have lee-way to gain some back...

Christmas was at my house for the family...lots of people, Prime Rib and loads of carb sides, and the desserts were amazing, home made cakes, pies, petite fours, choco truffles, cranberry orange nut bread, ITALIAN PASTRIES, etc etc etc,,,

I HAD NOTHING! NADA! ZIP! Just my 8 oz lean meat and 2 cups roasted cauliflower and water. I held strong! And I was the one cooking too! Talk about NSV, I had a whole Santa-Bag full!

I am very pleased to see the reports and check-ins from you all! Seems we are one determined lot! Awesome!

Vet, hang in brother, sounds like a nice week ahead for you with the family!
JW: Great job at 3lbs over goal after this much time...VERY proud of you bro!
CS: Nice weight loss...and at the holiday time too! Congrats!
Nobster: What a very thoughtful gift..man, that was way cool! Perfect!
Where is Trip D, Big Dad, Wuv and the gang with a check-in here? If I missed anyone I apologize, been very tired and coming down with "something" and feeling way-off. Trying to fight it and hope I can avoid a full scale flu. Drinking plain hot tea as I type to soothe the throat...

I will check back in after New Year as will be stuck at work now and all weekend...be safe out there in food-land kids and avoid the cheat-train!
Best Holiday/Christmas wishes to all!
Jake

jwdesselle 12-27-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4565469)
JW it has warmed up to 23. There is a bunch of fluffy snow out there 6-8" I'd say and I need to fire up the snow blower!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammoth357 (Post 4565507)
Just checked here and looks like about 10" new snow SO FAR...cold and VERY gusty white-out wind action. Can't wait to get the snow blower and get out there, haha!

JW: Great job at 3lbs over goal after this much time...VERY proud of you bro!
Jake

Guess it was mostly water weight. Weighed in at home this morning and 2 of those lbs are gone. :carrot:

A snow blower, that is one piece of equipment I do not think I will ever have to use down here in south Louisiana. LOL

You guys don't forget to add an extra layer of clothes to make up for all the weight loss when you go out to play in the snow. :D

usmcvet 12-27-2012 11:44 AM

Jake awesome! Jack and I served desert at a local church for Christmas dinner. We pushed that cart around "pushing" desert on folks. I didn't have a crumb. Jack we two cupcakes but he is a skinny little dude! It was a huge NSV for me deserts used to be one of my weaknesses. That and stuffing, mashed potatoes, bread and gravy. I could skip he turkey. The place smelled like a dream. I brought some BBQ soy snacks in my pocket but didn't need them.

JW the snowblower isn't any harder to run than a lawn mower. But I wear ski goggles, gloves and other winter gear. =).

kitcamper 12-27-2012 07:43 PM

Hello, Gentleman, I have been lurking for the last few days. Reading your posts and progress. You all have put the conviction in me that I can do this. Can not keep going like this. I have my first appointment tomorrow @ 12:15. Not waiting till New Years, have to start now while I am motivated and inspired. Some what familiar with IP from one of my inspectors at work, she has lost over 50 pounds and is looking great....So, I am taking the plunge...Tomorrow....

usmcvet 12-27-2012 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitcamper (Post 4565980)
Hello, Gentleman, I have been lurking for the last few days. Reading your posts and progress. You all have put the conviction in me that I can do this. Can not keep going like this. I have my first appointment tomorrow @ 12:15. Not waiting till New Years, have to start now while I am motivated and inspired. Some what familiar with IP from one of my inspectors at work, she has lost over 50 pounds and is looking great....So, I am taking the plunge...Tomorrow....

Dude! Welcome. You can do this. If I can anyone can. Just set your mind to it and follow the sheet. We are here for you. Questions, gripes or just to chat.

kitcamper 12-27-2012 08:37 PM

Thanks, It really helps know that there are guys out there doing this too. I am pretty excited. Ready to do a major change. I have the big 55 this year and want to be around for it and many more.

usmcvet 12-27-2012 08:42 PM

After the first week I knew this was what I'd been searching for. It is simple. It is hard At times but simple. You can do this. You're worth it man. The change for me was amazing I look forward to hearing about your sucess.

kitcamper 12-27-2012 08:53 PM

USMCVet, Thanks for the encouragement. It is going to help a lot having a co-worker to lean on. I called here and let her know that I was starting tomorrow, (guess I will weight in tomorrow and really start on Saturday) she was very excited and told me I have to call her tomorrow while I am shopping to make sure I get the right stuff.

ddd849 12-27-2012 10:23 PM

Hey guys. Merry Christmas! Jake. Thanks for thinking of me.

I am still around, but I tend to check in less than I used to. I have started to phase off at 215 lbs. I want a chance to hit the gym before I go to Punta Cana for my brothers wedding in February.

I will sego wit goes i may go back to phase 1 when I get back to get down to my original goal of 200lbs. I am very happy with my results, but niw I need to tone up as I am quite flabby

Christmas has been good. Made it through numerous parties and gift baskets and chocolates. I did have a few Christmas cookies but haven't been shocked on the scale yet. 213.8 today.

I do plan on having some drinks on NYE. I hope I don't feel too bad. Have a great night guys!!

kitcamper 12-28-2012 06:09 PM

Made it through the program details, signed up and paid for the sign up and 2 weeks work of protein meals. Starting weight: 306.5 (my scale said 308.5) set my goal to 175. Tomorrow is the big day, will go and do my shopping tomorrow after breakfast.
HERE GOES....