3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Men on IP Vol 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268278-men-ip-vol-3-a.html)

tightwad 11-12-2012 11:51 AM

I am looking forward to starting some exercise regimen but I am going to have to design something that is low impact on the knees. I am hoping losing weight will help but I worry it won't be enough. I don't think I will ever be able to do the intense workouts as so many are based on explosive knee movements etc.

I am thinking I will start with the treadmill or possibly a bicycle for the cardio and then some pushups/pullups for upper body along with crunches etc for the mid section.

jwdesselle 11-12-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobylspoon (Post 4526395)
I started on it this weekend. It's a great cardio and leg workout. I didn't get much of an upper body workout but that was mainly because I couldn't do very many reps for those exercises (T-pushups, etc).

I am thinking about working arms and chest out on a separate day until I can get more out of those upper body exercises.

My quads and *** are killing me today. Lots of squats in that workout.

Yeah, looked like a lot of squats. I need to go get a couple of dumbbells. I am NOT going to do this stuff with those 40 lb ones we have. Maybe a set of 8 or maybe even 10 lb, but not 40. LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4526390)
Just wanted to say thank you to those of you whom are serving our country :)

Thanks WUV. We serve because we love our country, and for the simple thanks like this. It really means a lot. :)

nobylspoon 11-12-2012 12:50 PM

I picked up 8lb ones. You don't want to go too heavy due to the amount of reps you will be doing.

usmcvet 11-12-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash302 (Post 4525897)
Hey uscmvet, a lot easier to get around hunting now eh!

It really is. Saturday I was smiling to myself as my son was huffing and puffing as we walked up a few hills into the area we hunted. He was not used to carrying his pack and rifle. I slowed down for him! Something I'd not done since he started walking!

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4525978)
That is so sweet, glad you had a great day with the family, sounds like a day to remember for sure. Y'a never know how your kids will react no matter what their ages are. My boys and I are still really close and they WANT me to hang out with them, some people are like what??? you want your mom to come? and then my boys will say, my mom is like my best friend y'all will see. So once I hang out, meet the friends then I become their mom's as well....always be open with them and let them talk to you. Still be firm, but listen :)

I really hope it lasts like it has with you and your kids.

jwdesselle 11-12-2012 06:51 PM

Oh wow. I went in for my WI today. Lost 1 pound, good from last weeks 2 lb gain. (I was in phase 3 last week) It was weird when my coach told me to take care and call to schedule an appointment after Thanksgiving just to check in. I am now in Phase 4! Total of 48 pounds and 22 inches lost.

I went straight to the grocery store thinking, cool, I can eat again. But, was lost as to what to get. I ended up getting chicken breasts and some yogurt. This will take some time to get used to. Once I finally get my brain wrapped around the Fat/Carb separation, I think it will be ok.

wuv2bloved 11-13-2012 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwdesselle (Post 4526917)
Oh wow. I went in for my WI today. Lost 1 pound, good from last weeks 2 lb gain. (I was in phase 3 last week) It was weird when my coach told me to take care and call to schedule an appointment after Thanksgiving just to check in. I am now in Phase 4! Total of 48 pounds and 22 inches lost.

I went straight to the grocery store thinking, cool, I can eat again. But, was lost as to what to get. I ended up getting chicken breasts and some yogurt. This will take some time to get used to. Once I finally get my brain wrapped around the Fat/Carb separation, I think it will be ok.

Congrats on making it to phase 4, you got this....no worries!!

hyrysk 11-13-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwdesselle (Post 4526917)

Congrats on phase 4. Can't wait till I can do the same.

usmcvet 11-13-2012 06:13 PM

NSV. I'm sitting in a chair using an ottoman for my feet!

cschindel 11-13-2012 08:00 PM

Been on ip for 11 weeks, lost 50 lbs and took a week off for vacation (gained 10 lbs back) and back on the wagon again! Going strong till jan 3 then going on a diet less cruise

crash302 11-13-2012 08:43 PM

Is anyone else kind of stalling at phase 4/5?

wuv2bloved 11-13-2012 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4528061)
NSV. I'm sitting in a chair using an ottoman for my feet!

WOOHOO!!!!!....what a feeling!!!!...love it!!
Quote:

Originally Posted by cschindel (Post 4528138)
Been on ip for 11 weeks, lost 50 lbs and took a week off for vacation (gained 10 lbs back) and back on the wagon again! Going strong till jan 3 then going on a diet less cruise

Welcome back!

Ummmm where is Bigdaddy and mammoth?

nobylspoon 11-13-2012 09:08 PM

I was worried that starting a workout routine would stall my weight loss for a bit as my body adjusted but that doesn't seem to be the case. I dropped another 5lbs, 1/2" - 1" off all measurements along with 1% muscle gain and 1% fat loss. :)

ddd849 11-13-2012 09:14 PM

Crash, what is phase 5? I thought phase 4 was maintenance for the rest of your life?

Great results nobyl.

wuv2bloved 11-13-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddd849 (Post 4528200)
Crash, what is phase 5? I thought phase 4 was maintenance for the rest of your life?

Great results nobyl.

I think he meant week 4-5 and the answer is yes, your body is changing to the losses you have had so far

mammoth357 11-14-2012 09:26 AM

Hey Wuv, I am right here! Haha!
I got a job at Lowes last week and they had me on a solid burn since last Thursday. Off now 2 days and back to work Friday. It has been at least 25 years since I worked for anyone but myself...so having to adjust. Benefits are very good and it is less then 1 mile from my home so should be good. Also, I would hope to be in upper management within a year (where I belong right now).

IP been going good...been doing phase 2 days as needed more energy to be able to walk Lowes ALL DAY long. That worked OK and the extra lunch protein has been a huge help. Weighed in and lost 3lbs last week so very happy about that.

Been missing you all the past week but after work when I got home I was so exhausted as just not used to "keeping hours" like that. Feeling better some now...will take some more time.

Vet: Awesome you getting to hunt with Jack...just great! Love that he let you hold his hand. My son, his wife and 2 kids were over recently and we were sitting on the couch in family room talking (Son & I) and he reached over and held my hand. Still Daddy's boy and he is 30 now! LOVE IT! So hopefully Jack will grab your paw for many many years yet to come, as in forever! You are obviously a great father Vet!

Howdy to everyone, Big Dad, JW, H, Trip D, Nobster, etc etc...just checking in on you all!

Have a great day!
Cheers
Jake