3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Men on IP Vol 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268278-men-ip-vol-3-a.html)

pwpcb 11-28-2012 11:21 AM

Thank you for the input Big Daddy. During Cyber Monday I went on the GNC website and purchased some Pure Protein RTD's and some Quest Protein Bars. They were already reduced and had an additional 35% off. I was able to get them for under $2 per serving.

I checked the information on the Pure Protein shakes and it looked to me that they would work well for our plan. Does anyone have any information on the Quest bars? They appear to have fewer carbs than the Ideal Protein bars.

Big Daddy 11-28-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwpcb (Post 4541406)
Thank you for the input Big Daddy. During Cyber Monday I went on the GNC website and purchased some Pure Protein RTD's and some Quest Protein Bars. They were already reduced and had an additional 35% off. I was able to get them for under $2 per serving.

I checked the information on the Pure Protein shakes and it looked to me that they would work well for our plan. Does anyone have any information on the Quest bars? They appear to have fewer carbs than the Ideal Protein bars.

If you have a walmart near go get the EAS Carb Advantage. they are like 4.47 a 4 pack. or if you have a sams club buy them by the case. i keep 2 cases at the house at all times.

pwpcb 11-28-2012 12:52 PM

I do have a Sams Club card. I will go by there ad check them out. Thank you for the tip!

dolphin10 11-28-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammoth357 (Post 4539301)
Hi & Welcome!
The place to look are the stickies in the 2 posts at top of the forum page....you will find lots of great pdf files there along with idea's etc!

Also, will you be doing the program as written or alternatives? I do alternatives and use EAS CarbVantage shakes, they come ready to drink and it is onnly $4.74 a 4 pack at my local Walmart...
Again, welcome and Good luck on the program!
Jake

Thank you Jake. I have looked at the stickies at the top of the forum, everything here is either American or Canadian based. I was wondering if I will be able buy these products in the UK without having to pay heavy custom prices. My research continues and hopefully I will find something closer to my locality. You folks are doing great losing all that weight!:)

jwdesselle 11-28-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwpcb (Post 4541263)
I am having some issues with doing three packets a day. This is the second week of me being on the plan. I have a packet for breakfast (actually I usually have a RTD) and another for lunch. I get home around 6 PM and by the time I have dinner ready it is closer to 7:15. My coach told me not to eat after 8 pm so I have not had the evening snack. I am scheduled to see her tomorrow so I will bring that up with her and find out what she thinks.

I did not stick with the plan on Thanksgiving day. I did not go "overboard" like I usually do. I only had 1 plate of food but I did try a little bit of most everything. My daughters 15th birthday was Sunday so I also had a small piece of her ice cream cake. Other than that I have been sticking to the plan. My first weigh in was only 3 full days after I started since my coach was going away for Thanksgiving. I see my coach tomorrow and will have my second weigh in. I am hoping to see a decent loss, but I am concerned that since I am only eating two packets a day instead of three it will not be as good as it could be.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

What time are you eating breakfast and lunch? I usually had my 'snack'/3rd packet between lunch and dinner. My coach never said anything about when to have the snack. She said to just have it to fill in the longest stretch between meals.

pwpcb 11-28-2012 08:32 PM

jwdesselle - I have breakfast at 8 and lunch between 11 and 11:30. It would be possible for me to have the snack between 3 and 3:30 which would make a 3 - 3 1/2 hour break between each of the meals. I will start that tomorrow. Thanks!

usmcvet 11-28-2012 09:22 PM

Thats about when I have a snack.

mammoth357 11-29-2012 07:23 AM

I usually have snacktime at 10pm as I go to bed 11:30pm most nights now....that way I am not too hungry while laying there trying to get to sleep. My snack is usually a EAS carbVantage shake 100 calories and 1 net carb. No sugars....seems to do the trick!
Cheers
Jake

nobylspoon 11-29-2012 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy (Post 4541532)
If you have a walmart near go get the EAS Carb Advantage. they are like 4.47 a 4 pack. or if you have a sams club buy them by the case. i keep 2 cases at the house at all times.

Same price on Amazon and it's Prime (free shipping for me). My poor UPS guy must hate me. I live on the 4th floor and usually order 8 packs at a time.

tightwad 11-29-2012 05:57 PM

Bumping with a question regarding goal weights...I am not tall (5'8") but I am fairly big boned. I am not sure what to set my goal weight at so I went with what I remember weighing in College...155. I spent a long time in the 160's as well so that could be a better place, I just don't know. I am currently at 173 and there isn't a lot of belly left...

nobylspoon 11-29-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tightwad (Post 4542986)
Bumping with a question regarding goal weights...I am not tall (5'8") but I am fairly big boned. I am not sure what to set my goal weight at so I went with what I remember weighing in College...155. I spent a long time in the 160's as well so that could be a better place, I just don't know. I am currently at 173 and there isn't a lot of belly left...

Do you know what your body fat % is?

pwpcb 11-29-2012 09:37 PM

I had my 2 week weigh-in today. My first weigh-in was on my 4th day instead of a week due to Thanksgiving. I had lost 3 lbs and no inches. My weigh-in today was a loss of 7.5 lbs and 1.5 inches. So after 2 weeks I am down 10.5 lbs and 1.5 inches. I am quite pleased with that considering Thanksgiving and my daughters birthday both happened in the last week.

nobylspoon 11-29-2012 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pwpcb (Post 4543183)
I had my 2 week weigh-in today. My first weigh-in was on my 4th day instead of a week due to Thanksgiving. I had lost 3 lbs and no inches. My weigh-in today was a loss of 7.5 lbs and 1.5 inches. So after 2 weeks I am down 10.5 lbs and 1.5 inches. I am quite pleased with that considering Thanksgiving and my daughters birthday both happened in the last week.

Congrats! It's amazing the results you will get on this program.

pwpcb 11-30-2012 04:45 PM

Thank you Nobylspoon. I appreciate it. It is amazing how quickly you feel better as well. At least in my case. Everyone have a great weekend!

kasamsdad 11-30-2012 08:38 PM

Had my third weigh in today and was down 22.5# and 14.5".