3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Men on IP Vol 3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268278-men-ip-vol-3-a.html)

jwdesselle 11-14-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4528061)
NSV. I'm sitting in a chair using an ottoman for my feet!

I thought I could hear you snoring!! :carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobylspoon (Post 4528195)
I was worried that starting a workout routine would stall my weight loss for a bit as my body adjusted but that doesn't seem to be the case. I dropped another 5lbs, 1/2" - 1" off all measurements along with 1% muscle gain and 1% fat loss. :)

This is awesome that you still loosing weight while starting a good workout. If you start putting on more and more muscle, I'm sure the weight loss may slow down, but look at the % of muscle gain vs. % fat loss. I still haven't started that workout program. I tell myself I'm waiting to go get those weights, but I know I could at least start with out them. (LAZY monster getting me)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammoth357 (Post 4528572)
I got a job at Lowes last week and they had me on a solid burn since last Thursday. Off now 2 days and back to work Friday. It has been at least 25 years since I worked for anyone but myself...so having to adjust. Benefits are very good and it is less then 1 mile from my home so should be good. Also, I would hope to be in upper management within a year (where I belong right now).

IP been going good...been doing phase 2 days as needed more energy to be able to walk Lowes ALL DAY long. That worked OK and the extra lunch protein has been a huge help. Weighed in and lost 3lbs last week so very happy about that.

Been missing you all the past week but after work when I got home I was so exhausted as just not used to "keeping hours" like that. Feeling better some now...will take some more time.

Vet: Awesome you getting to hunt with Jack...just great! Love that he let you hold his hand. My son, his wife and 2 kids were over recently and we were sitting on the couch in family room talking (Son & I) and he reached over and held my hand. Still Daddy's boy and he is 30 now! LOVE IT! So hopefully Jack will grab your paw for many many years yet to come, as in forever! You are obviously a great father Vet!

Howdy to everyone, Big Dad, JW, H, Trip D, Nobster, etc etc...just checking in on you all!

Have a great day!
Cheers
Jake

Congratulations on the new job!! I bet working for someone else is a total shock to your system. Good luck with the transition. :D

wuv2bloved 11-14-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammoth357 (Post 4528572)
Hey Wuv, I am right here! Haha!
I got a job at Lowes last week and they had me on a solid burn since last Thursday. Off now 2 days and back to work Friday. It has been at least 25 years since I worked for anyone but myself...so having to adjust. Benefits are very good and it is less then 1 mile from my home so should be good. Also, I would hope to be in upper management within a year (where I belong right now).

IP been going good...been doing phase 2 days as needed more energy to be able to walk Lowes ALL DAY long. That worked OK and the extra lunch protein has been a huge help. Weighed in and lost 3lbs last week so very happy about that.

Been missing you all the past week but after work when I got home I was so exhausted as just not used to "keeping hours" like that. Feeling better some now...will take some more time.

Vet: Awesome you getting to hunt with Jack...just great! Love that he let you hold his hand. My son, his wife and 2 kids were over recently and we were sitting on the couch in family room talking (Son & I) and he reached over and held my hand. Still Daddy's boy and he is 30 now! LOVE IT! So hopefully Jack will grab your paw for many many years yet to come, as in forever! You are obviously a great father Vet!

Howdy to everyone, Big Dad, JW, H, Trip D, Nobster, etc etc...just checking in on you all!

Have a great day!
Cheers
Jake

Bet ya didn't think I was noticing you away huh? nothing gets away from me...hahaha....glad to hear about your new job!!

nobylspoon 11-14-2012 11:19 AM

Yeah, waiting on getting the weights is no excuse. I had to set my weights aside for most of it because the body weight exercise was enough of a workout since I am just getting started.

usmcvet 11-14-2012 02:45 PM

Thanks JW.

Big Daddy 11-14-2012 04:56 PM

im still here been working a ton of hours. hope it slows down soon. I am whipped.

wuv2bloved 11-14-2012 05:07 PM

You are making bank I am sure....hang in there, hopefully it will slack off soon!...was just checking on ya, haven't heard about the birthday weekend yet!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy (Post 4529018)
im still here been working a ton of hours. hope it slows down soon. I am whipped.

crash302 11-14-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4528282)
I think he meant week 4-5 and the answer is yes, your body is changing to the losses you have had so far

My diet is very close to ideal protien but a tiny bit different. It is one from a doctor in Quebec, Canada that is pretty much ideal protien with 5 phases. 4 and 5 are pretty much the same, just allow more dairy in phase 5. I was stalled for a bit. Didnt drop anything the first week but lost 4 lbs the second week and 3 the next.

wuv2bloved 11-14-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crash302 (Post 4529260)
My diet is very close to ideal protien but a tiny bit different. It is one from a doctor in Quebec, Canada that is pretty much ideal protien with 5 phases. 4 and 5 are pretty much the same, just allow more dairy in phase 5. I was stalled for a bit. Didnt drop anything the first week but lost 4 lbs the second week and 3 the next.

oh ok gotcha, I stand corrected :)

Big Daddy 11-15-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4529035)
You are making bank I am sure....hang in there, hopefully it will slack off soon!...was just checking on ya, haven't heard about the birthday weekend yet!

lets just say my wife is looking at LV purses right now lol. she is loving it. i hate it. i find working all this overtime sure slows my weight loss down. and that sucks only have about 7 8 pounds to go and its taking forever.

usmcvet 11-15-2012 09:40 AM

My baby turns five tomorrow. This morning as I was tightening my belt she was looking at my waist, about her eye level and she said dandy you're still shrinking. When you're done we get to go to Disney. That made all of us smile.

Big Daddy 11-15-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4529605)
My baby turns five tomorrow. This morning as I was tightening my belt she was looking at my waist, about her eye level and she said dandy you're still shrinking. When you're done we get to go to Disney. That made all of us smile.

Too d a m n cute.

wuv2bloved 11-15-2012 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Daddy (Post 4529538)
lets just say my wife is looking at LV purses right now lol. she is loving it. i hate it. i find working all this overtime sure slows my weight loss down. and that sucks only have about 7 8 pounds to go and its taking forever.

UMMMM....can I have a LV purse too???....I bet she is loving it!

USMC...can I come along?....lol

usmcvet 11-15-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4529748)

USMC...can I come along?....lol

You can come with us. You can help me stay OP!

wuv2bloved 11-15-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usmcvet (Post 4529816)
You can come with us. You can help me stay OP!

woohooo... I have never been to Disney!!

mammoth357 11-16-2012 08:09 AM

Long weekend of work starts today...Will check back in on Monday...

Have a GREAT weekend all, stay OP, and whatever you do "drink that water"!
Cheers
Jake