Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:18 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
i found the frozen unshelled edamame at Trader Joes - wondering if these are allowed? Would be great to eat something crunchy/snack like.

Might make it easier to get to 4C veggies! Anyone eaten these on plan and been fine?
Edamame is not allowed.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:01 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

CONGRATUALTIONS to everyone who had a loss!!!! Good for you!

Im feeling a little depressed today as I am sitting here like a bump on a log while my hubby is taking care of the kids and house Not only that but he has taken a week off work to take care of us. Things are going to be so tight money wise for a while because he is the only one making an income while Im on maternity leave (which is peanuts in comparisson)...
This whole car accident thing has not only taken a physical toll but an emotional toll on me as well. I still cant believe that a young kid was speeding and ran a red light... I am super thankful my babies were at home. A police officer came by the house last night and told me they are pressing charges against him.

I had X-Rays done today and have to have a few months of physio and massage therapy.

I WANTED PIZZA soooo bad today and was seriously gonna order some, but my wondeful man talked me out of it and made me a 100% OP dinner! I am soo happy he did because i would have felt so bad and guilty. I have come too far to cheat now!

I am going to call my coach and let her know i probably wont be able to afford the program right now That makes me sad because I love my coach and she is so supportive and knowlegable. We will see if we can work something out budget wise but I dont think there is much wiggle room.

Thanks for letting me rant! xo
Old 08-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Omg, sea salt on the caramel nut bar = salty sweet heaven...
Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #79  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Howdy Folks - I started a new program today and didn't have access to my PC during the day, and I did a few pop-ins, but generally try to stay off the PC when I am with my son at home. He is finally sleeping, the kitchen is cleaned up, and I have the laptop to myself!

It's been a heck of a week so far, speeding ticket on Mon (along with massage no-show, forgetting lunch, and accidentally having 2 restricteds), fender bender on Tuesday (minor, no injuries, minimal damage), and my husbands grandmother passed away this evening. I am generally a positive person, but man - I could really use a 'mental health' day this week - I would take a day off from work tomorrow - but I am swamped - I am still working 2 programs! Oh cucumber-lime-sorbet...I need you now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
PS - as you can see, I'm a returning 'prodigal daughter' - having gone off program in June and am restarting IP 6 lbs heavier (actually, gained a lot more than that back, but have slowly made my way down and ready to commit to IP again). LizRR, I remember we started around the same time (Feb/March), at approximately the same weight and you are at goal and are a TOTAL inspiration (and motivation!) to me now. Must feel so good. Congratulations!
Hey 3sisters!!! Great to "see" you back! I am, in fact, entering Phase 4 this weekend - it's crazy how fast time flew by. You can definitely jump back on the IP horse and git 'er done this go round!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im escaping View Post
And I need to become creative for kids lunches...not my strong suit!! But I would really like to show them healthy eating, not convenient eating.
This is such a big motivator for me now - my son is only 2, so starting in on him early with veggies. He gobbles up okra crisps, broccoli, cauliflower, salad, as well as grilled chicken shreds, pork loin, fajitas, etc. It's not just my health, but the example I set for my son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I was checking out a local spa for services/prices/packages and am a little shell-shocked by the costs (Money is pretty tight for us these days.) I've never been to a spa for anything and thought that would be an awesome gift to myself for when I reach my goal in a couple of months. Am actually thinking I don't deserve to spend that much on myself as my journey to goal hasn't been difficult; P1 is so easy (after the first week). So am re-thinking my reward. What have you decided as a reward for when you reach your goals? Anything? (Maybe the spa should be my reward for maintaining a full year. It sounds like maintaining is going to be the hardest part of this program.)
LOL - I went to a spa once for a body wrap and could NOT relax knowing how much it cost! Had the same problem on my honeymoon in Bora Bora too - such a beautiful place, but hard to enjoy when I did the accounting in my head. I did buy myself a package of massages when I hit goal, but for $30 for an hour long massage, that's a good deal - and that is the one 'indulgence' that I really do enjoy! I do my own nails, don't get facials, waxing, pedicures, coloring, etc. And I rarely get my hair cut - if I do any of that pampering it's a Groupon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskii View Post
Down 1lb at yesterdays weigh in. I'm going away Friday - Monday and am a little nervous about being able to stay OP without a microwave or fridge in our hotel room and eating at restaurants every night.
You should be fine - if you need to, Phase 2 is a good fall-back position on travel, I had to do that in Week 3 of IP and I still lost. Most hotel rooms have coffee makers that can be used for hot water for soups, and the drinks, puddings, and Crispy Cereal only need cold water.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

[QUOTE=SheenaB;4452622]CONGRATUALTIONS to everyone who had a loss!!!! Good for you!

Im feeling a little depressed today as I am sitting here like a bump on a log while my hubby is taking care of the kids and house Not only that but he has taken a week off work to take care of us. Things are going to be so tight money wise for a while because he is the only one making an income while Im on maternity leave (which is peanuts in comparisson)...
This whole car accident thing has not only taken a physical toll but an emotional toll on me as well. I still cant believe that a young kid was speeding and ran a red light... I am super thankful my babies were at home. A police officer came by the house last night and told me they are pressing charges against him.

I had X-Rays done today and have to have a few months of physio and massage therapy.

I am so sorry to hear about your accident. Glad your children weren't with,but how scary. Prayers with you and oh, I've for some reason craving the greasy, cheesy pizza too don't know why cause I don't even like pizza, but it enters my dreams every night. Oh well, maybe someday one piece right? Take care of yourself and know we are all here for you!
Closed Thread