Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
Very hard week. UGH! Been doing very well and reach my 50# mark. However, every year for the past 13 yrs we have had several cookouts at our house and this is the first year we did not because finances and secondly I knew how hard it would be for me with all the food around during and after.

WEll this weekend my BIL and nephew came up and needless to say there was a lot of junk food around. I did great while they were here but the last three days I have been taking bites of all the snacks left over. SO MAD AT MYSELF!!! Although on a positive note before IP I would have eaten everything and not just taken bites here and there. I know the fat % will go up on Fridays WI and that is what gets me mad.

So this morning I went through the pantry, fridge and freezer and threw out the cookies, cake, dips and 2 half gallons of ice cream. If my DH and DS would eat it I would have kept some stuff but they haven't touched it...just me.

100% OP today (so far) and feeling great. LEt's hope I can get the scale to stay or go down by Friday morning. I think I can but will be back on here throughout the day today and tomorrow to keep me honest.

THank you all. I just love reading all the successes and challenges everyone is having. Definitely has helped me on this life changing journey.

Have a great OP day!!!!
You are doing awesome! Just think about what your weekend would have been like if you were not on IP. I say that is extraordinary progress! You go, girl! I think you are doing great to just get right back on.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpaddler View Post
I'm having alot of trouble with constipation. I am on week 5 of the plan and have been taking the lax. the clinic gave me, I also tried some tea that was suggested. I do get some results, but having to take stuff for 2-3 days before I get any reulsts can't be good for my system. Any suggestions?
Rhubarb does help!
Also, Smooth Move tea has a natural stimulant. My coach recommended it. Danafromaustin uses it every day (I think she said), and I use it when needed. But don't drink more than one cup...I learned that from experience...it REALLY works well. But you can overdo it

The tea has Seneca, which is all natural and works wonders
Old 08-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 155/155/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi IP friends!

Im still 100% despite a near cheat yesterday- I wanted an alcoholic beverage so badly! I had some bad news early in the day and then couldn't snap out of it. I went for a long walk and drank a ton of water trying to stop the craving and just ended up going to bed early.

I can't wait for a long weekend away at Cape Cod....it is just around the corner.

Have a great afternoon!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 185/143/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinseattle View Post
Good Morning!

Was so pleased to see a loss of 1 pound today after the slow losses for the past 2 weeks. Have been stressing about it especially since I'm trying alternatives for the first time this week and was afraid they would affect my weight loss negatively. Am so glad that isn't true!

I also have a question -- my husband and I are planning to go whale watching this september and will be spending the night at a B&B at orcas island. We decided to give ourselves a break and technically treat the non-IP brekkie as a cheat, and then go back OP after. I know we can just use an IP packet but we would like to enjoy this mini break and the food that the B&B will serve. My question is: Should I just treat that as a cheat day and then go back OP afterwards or should I spend next week (we leave next Thursday) trying to phase out? Which will do me more harm than good?
My Mother in law was told by her coach before her trip to France to phase off for 2 weeks before ... espically doing the phase 3 breakfast since your body needs to adjust to eatting new foods. And if your mainly going to be off plan for a day or two you could "cheat" however your body might react more to it if your just "cheating" vs. phasing. I havent had to deal with it yet so I am not sure but that is what she was told by her coach.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:25 PM   #50  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpaddler View Post
I'm having alot of trouble with constipation. I am on week 5 of the plan and have been taking the lax. the clinic gave me, I also tried some tea that was suggested. I do get some results, but having to take stuff for 2-3 days before I get any reulsts can't be good for my system. Any suggestions?
As someone who has dealt with "C" for years thanks to my underperforming thyroid, I can tell you that it's actually BETTER if what you use takes a day or two to work. You can't expect most herbal lax to work like a stimulant-based lax...that's kind of the point. It's gentler on your body for it to work a little on the slow side...helps get you moving without your colon muscles learning to rely on the stimulant effect. Now, if you take it for a week with no results, that's when you take a second look at it and talk to your coach/doctor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Hi IP friends!

Im still 100% despite a near cheat yesterday- I wanted an alcoholic beverage so badly! I had some bad news early in the day and then couldn't snap out of it. I went for a long walk and drank a ton of water trying to stop the craving and just ended up going to bed early.

I can't wait for a long weekend away at Cape Cod....it is just around the corner.

Have a great afternoon!
Nice job resisting!! It's so hard when emotional stress hits us, but you won that battle If you're taking 195 to the Cape, think of me when you are passing by New Bedford!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Scorbett, how was your grilled cheese? I have two mushroom soup packets, and I am not really feeling anymore mushroom soup packets as soup.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 211/156/150

Height: 5' 5"

Had a weigh in today and for the first time, I lost less than 3 lbs. But, I lost 2 lbs, and I'll still celebrate that!
Old 08-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 205/145/145

Height: 5'6.5

Hi I-Peeps,

Didn't get to post on Friday (WI) as I was away all weekend with my family. I managed to lose another 2.8 pounds last week which is pretty amazing considering I was PMS'ing pretty badly and felt all bloated. So, that puts my total at almost 25 pounds gone, which is my half way mark!!! Had to stay in a hotel all weekend with my husband and son and I was worried about eating out each night for supper, but I did awesome. No cheating at all. I made sure I brought crispy cereal packs with me to the track each day so I could have lunch and I had cut up cukes and made some kale chips to take with me as well, so despite everyone else enjoying "taco in a bag" and cheeseburgers, I stuck to the plan 100%. Really hoping Friday's WI rewards me. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskii View Post
Down 1lb at yesterdays weigh in. I'm going away Friday - Monday and am a little nervous about being able to stay OP without a microwave or fridge in our hotel room and eating at restaurants every night.
You will be just fine! take a couple bars and something you don't have to warm. mango drinks and RTD are great with hotel ice.

splurge on a nice steak or seafood when you eat out.
Water is always the toughest for me when I sleep at hotels. Take 2 gallons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clh99002 View Post
Hi IP friends!

Have a great afternoon!
Yay! You fought it with a walk and water, what a success. Old us would have had a couple cocktails, then eaten some carbs, wake up feeling gross and doing it over again because we are depressed. No more!
Enjoy Cape Cod!
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks42 View Post
Hi I-Peeps,

Didn't get to post on Friday (WI) as I was away all weekend with my family. I managed to lose another 2.8 pounds last week which is pretty amazing considering I was PMS'ing pretty badly and felt all bloated. So, that puts my total at almost 25 pounds gone, which is my half way mark!!! Had to stay in a hotel all weekend with my husband and son and I was worried about eating out each night for supper, but I did awesome. No cheating at all. I made sure I brought crispy cereal packs with me to the track each day so I could have lunch and I had cut up cukes and made some kale chips to take with me as well, so despite everyone else enjoying "taco in a bag" and cheeseburgers, I stuck to the plan 100%. Really hoping Friday's WI rewards me. Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!!!
You will be rewarded! What willpower!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #55  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

Well I just had to share my good news! I had my second WI today and I lost 5lbs! I know that the big losses don't last...but I am enjoying it for now :-)

WI#1: -7lbs
WI#2: -5lbs
Old 08-29-2012, 04:54 PM   #56  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

Good Afternoon All..

Well..im down another # again..making that 36 pounds..I have two week and two days before i got to my SIL's wedding and then me and hubby go to our favorite little spa/resort and then a week of vacation. Im still trying to figure out weather i should phase off first or just go cold turkey? I still want to lose weight up until the wedding...Ive lost 36 so far, and would like to be at least down 40 by the time of the wedding...Im bootcamping it all the way till the wedding thats for sure.. And the resort/spa is my reward for completing my first ever 90 day challenge to stay 100% OP and commited to my diet! Yay!
Once i get back from vacation(which is only a week) I will return to IP alternatives...but im going to sure enjoy my 1 week of vacation..

On another note..ive been rising and shining at 5 am for the past few days..its getting annoying! I cant seem to sleep in anymore..oh and the other thing..Im freezing my tush off everywhere..im sooooo cold all the time now...i used to get these major hot flash like things where i would break out into sweats randomly during the day..and now its the opposite..im not sweating..im freezing...

Anywho... hope everyone has a great day OP! Stay safe down South!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:23 PM   #57  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locopollo View Post
Scorbett, how was your grilled cheese? I have two mushroom soup packets, and I am not really feeling anymore mushroom soup packets as soup.
It wasn't bad! I spread them pretty thin and underbaked them just a little, then grilled in a pan. I would have liked more cheese (who wouldn't want more cheese!!!) but it satisfied the craving I was thinking they'd make really yummy flatbreads for an egg sandwich in the morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella73123 View Post
Well I just had to share my good news! I had my second WI today and I lost 5lbs! I know that the big losses don't last...but I am enjoying it for now :-)

WI#1: -7lbs
WI#2: -5lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by niks42 View Post
Hi I-Peeps,

Quote:
Originally Posted by J bug View Post
Had a weigh in today and for the first time, I lost less than 3 lbs. But, I lost 2 lbs, and I'll still celebrate that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porthardygurl View Post
Good Afternoon All..

Well..im down another # again..making that 36 pounds..I have two week and two days before i got to my SIL's wedding and then me and hubby go to our favorite little spa/resort and then a week of vacation. Im still trying to figure out weather i should phase off first or just go cold turkey? I still want to lose weight up until the wedding...Ive lost 36 so far, and would like to be at least down 40 by the time of the wedding...Im bootcamping it all the way till the wedding thats for sure.. And the resort/spa is my reward for completing my first ever 90 day challenge to stay 100% OP and commited to my diet! Yay!
Once i get back from vacation(which is only a week) I will return to IP alternatives...but im going to sure enjoy my 1 week of vacation..

On another note..ive been rising and shining at 5 am for the past few days..its getting annoying! I cant seem to sleep in anymore..oh and the other thing..Im freezing my tush off everywhere..im sooooo cold all the time now...i used to get these major hot flash like things where i would break out into sweats randomly during the day..and now its the opposite..im not sweating..im freezing...

Anywho... hope everyone has a great day OP! Stay safe down South!
Woo hooo!!! Great job to all who saw the scale go DOWN!!!

@Port congrats on hitting your 90 day goal!
Old 08-29-2012, 05:53 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinseattle View Post
Good Morning!

Was so pleased to see a loss of 1 pound today after the slow losses for the past 2 weeks. Have been stressing about it especially since I'm trying alternatives for the first time this week and was afraid they would affect my weight loss negatively. Am so glad that isn't true!

I also have a question -- my husband and I are planning to go whale watching this september and will be spending the night at a B&B at orcas island. We decided to give ourselves a break and technically treat the non-IP brekkie as a cheat, and then go back OP after. I know we can just use an IP packet but we would like to enjoy this mini break and the food that the B&B will serve. My question is: Should I just treat that as a cheat day and then go back OP afterwards or should I spend next week (we leave next Thursday) trying to phase out? Which will do me more harm than good?
Why would you cheat only 3 lbs into this? Just askin'. Cheating sets you back mentally as well as it shocks your pancreas. I would stay OP and enjoy phasing off properly when you're at goal. Just my opinion
Old 08-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 145/124.8/120

Height: 5'2.5"

Phase off, Port Hardy. If you go cold turkey, your body will react badly to the increased calories and carbs. You want to ease it in so you don't undo all your hard work.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Is Edamame allowed?

i found the frozen unshelled edamame at Trader Joes - wondering if these are allowed? Would be great to eat something crunchy/snack like.

Might make it easier to get to 4C veggies! Anyone eaten these on plan and been fine?
Closed Thread