Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 06:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 225/225/140

Height: 5'3.5"

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 08/29/2012

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.
the Ultimate One-Stop Signature and Ticker Thread - Read here if you have questions!

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19

Last edited by rissimo; 08-29-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 244/223/160

Height: 5ft 4in.

Good morning all. Week 2 weigh in and down 2lbs. Lovely! It's sunny here. i've just had my lunch outdoors. Feels good to get fresh air and sun during the workday. Have a good day.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:29 AM   #3  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I think it's worth mentioning to "newbies" that those big drops the first few weeks don't stay so big -- it does peter out a bit. I think it says "3-5 lbs a week" in the 'brochures' but that hasn't been my norm. However, had a 4lb loss last week (woooo hooooo) so I was very excited.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 218.6/150.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Kids are back in school today...makes me sad. I love summer.

I just had breakfast - oatmeal with jicama. It was delish!! Much like putting apples in your oatmeal. Might just be a new favorite.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Old 08-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #5  
IP Start: 6/30/12

S/C/G: 244/.../145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Good morning all. Week 2 weigh in and down 2lbs. Lovely! It's sunny here. i've just had my lunch outdoors. Feels good to get fresh air and sun during the workday. Have a good day.
That's awesome! Wish it was nicer here, so I could do the same.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:52 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I think it's worth mentioning to "newbies" that those big drops the first few weeks don't stay so big -- it does peter out a bit. I think it says "3-5 lbs a week" in the 'brochures' but that hasn't been my norm. However, had a 4lb loss last week (woooo hooooo) so I was very excited.
Right? Most of the newer people use it as a way of being discouraged, but I used it as motivation! At least the scale still moves in the right direction.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #7  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

When I make my chocolate drink I get lots of thick foamy stuff that floats on top. Not appetizing. I have to keep adding water to thin it down so I can drink it. I use 8 oz of cold water in my IP shaker to make it. Any idea how I can prevent this?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3sisters View Post
When I make my chocolate drink I get lots of thick foamy stuff that floats on top. Not appetizing. I have to keep adding water to thin it down so I can drink it. I use 8 oz of cold water in my IP shaker to make it. Any idea how I can prevent this?
I don't know how to prevent it... but! I can recommend a straw!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/220/168 BMI=35.6/32.5

Height: 5'9''

Good Morning! Decided to try having my non-restricted in the mornings. Hope that helps in the long run seeing as they are higher calories and higher carbs. I am in my second week and I seriously can't wait to start to do some exercising. My coach said I could start in about 2 weeks which should be next week. I might have to push back if she says no... down 8 my first week and hoping for average of 5 per week losses. A girl can hope right?!!
LOVE the simplicity of this diet. Just can't wait to find alternatives as I go to cut the cost eventually. I noticed that the EAS Advantage ready made drinks are comparable to the ready made IP ones. I might have to incorporate those.
Great day to all! You are all amazing role models! Keep up the great work!

Last edited by kshea; 08-29-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #10  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
It's just the nature of using the shaker to make drinks. I usually make mine a little ahead of time so that it has time to settle in the glass. Sometimes a quick stir with a spoon helps dissipate the bubbles too.

WI Wednesday for me!! I don't know if the whoosh fairy visited me, but I'm still pumped about the fact that I wore size 14 pants all day yesterday and they fit great - no pinching, no muffin top

Just realized last night that hubby starts class NEXT week, not the week after like I thought. I need to get back on the meal planning bandwagon (I used to do the whole week ahead of time) to keep the craziness under control. There were a ton of sales on meat this week (thank you, Labor day BBQ sales!) so I went a little nuts....wrapped and packed up almost 40 pounds of meat for the deep freezer! I keep hearing that meat prices will go up because of the drought so I'm trying to take advantage of the better prices while I can.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #11  
Just Do It, Mom!

S/C/G: Restart 2/19/15. See Ticker

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meagan240 View Post
I don't know how to prevent it... but! I can recommend a straw!
I do use a straw, but can barely get the thick stuff through it so have to keep thinning with water so I can drink the whole product and not leave half of it in the glass in the form of foam!

PS - as you can see, I'm a returning 'prodigal daughter' - having gone off program in June and am restarting IP 6 lbs heavier (actually, gained a lot more than that back, but have slowly made my way down and ready to commit to IP again). LizRR, I remember we started around the same time (Feb/March), at approximately the same weight and you are at goal and are a TOTAL inspiration (and motivation!) to me now. Must feel so good. Congratulations!

Last edited by 3sisters; 08-29-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Off to work today. There will be lovely complimentary bagels, fruit, yada yada yada... I am eating egg whites right now and will be enjoying my crispy cereal pancake and apple butter sandwich during bagel time. I've got this! Happy Wednesday all!! Good luck on all weigh ins! Stay OP!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #13  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Off to work today. There will be lovely complimentary bagels, fruit, yada yada yada... I am eating egg whites right now and will be enjoying my crispy cereal pancake and apple butter sandwich during bagel time. I've got this! Happy Wednesday all!! Good luck on all weigh ins! Stay OP!
That sounds SOOOOO good! I saw the WF apple butter at the nutrition store last time I was there and was trying to think of ways to use it!
Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Yummm, that sounds really good. Will have to remember to order apple butter next time I order my WF stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's just the nature of using the shaker to make drinks. I usually make mine a little ahead of time so that it has time to settle in the glass. Sometimes a quick stir with a spoon helps dissipate the bubbles too.

There were a ton of sales on meat this week (thank you, Labor day BBQ sales!) so I went a little nuts....wrapped and packed up almost 40 pounds of meat for the deep freezer! I keep hearing that meat prices will go up because of the drought so I'm trying to take advantage of the better prices while I can.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
That's a whole lot of meat! That must have been a lot of work.

Quote:
Like Scorbett does, I let my drink settle for about 5 minutes before I start drinking it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Sounds really nice.
Old 08-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #15  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Good morning all!!! WI Wednesday for me as well......don't feel like I will lose much this week, with my little hiccup this weekend and it getting to be my TOM....but positive thinking Anything will be welcomed with open arms!!

Hope everyone in the path of the Hurricane is doing ok!!!
Closed Thread