Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #31  

Height: 5'2"

Question constipation help

I'm having alot of trouble with constipation. I am on week 5 of the plan and have been taking the lax. the clinic gave me, I also tried some tea that was suggested. I do get some results, but having to take stuff for 2-3 days before I get any reulsts can't be good for my system. Any suggestions?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #32  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddpaddler View Post
I'm having alot of trouble with constipation. I am on week 5 of the plan and have been taking the lax. the clinic gave me, I also tried some tea that was suggested. I do get some results, but having to take stuff for 2-3 days before I get any reulsts can't be good for my system. Any suggestions?
Rhubarb is your friend. It will get you going pretty quickly.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl70 View Post

I sort of gave up on the shakes due to the same problem. I thought the cause might have been using my blender with ice. (All those smoothies sounded really good.) But it sounds like it's a general issue with this product.
I personally love the chocolate shake warmed in a coffee mug. I shake it then warm it in microwave. I don't believe I notice the thick chunks that way. Just keep an eye on it if you warm it because it tends to overflow if overheated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoalFor40 View Post
Hi all and Happy WI Wednesday

I had a good weigh in this morning and I am very happy wtih my progress. However, it is hard to celebrate because my husband is not seeing results. In four weeks, I have lost 23 lbs, he has lost 9. We both have roughly the same amount of weight to lose- 130 lbs each (God, that looks awful in print).

He has a very complicated medical situation as he is in remission for Cushing's Disease. I only have myself to blame for my weight, but he actually has a medical explanation for his. This is a terrible condition that I wouldn't wish on anyone. When treated, it won't kill you, but if affects every aspect of your health. I don't know if the issue is that his meds need to be adjusted (he takes a lot, as a result of radiation his pituitary does not do most of the things it is supposed to) or if he's having a recurrance, or something else entirely.

Last week I changed things up a bit- added two HBEs to his day, in addtion to four packets, and cut out all restricteds. He eats whatever I give him, and I know he is not cheating, so there is no reason that he shouldn't be doing better. The only other thing I can think is that he is not seeing weight loss because he is rebuilding muscle. One of the issues he had when he was sick was muscle wasting- he got to the point where walking up a flight of stairs was a huge effort because he lacked muscle tone. He looks smaller to me, but it's honestly hard to tell, his shape is so off balance because almost all of his weight is in his belly. He feels like he is losing in his waist and tush, but again, it's hard to tell, they already seem relatively small compared to his belly.

I think I am going to try adding in an extra shot of protien into his day- someone in another thread recommended Syntrax and it looks like a good way to get a lot of protien for few calories. We see his endocrinologist at the end of Sept, and there's no point in moving up that appointment because he has a lot of tests he has to do before he goes. If the protein tweak doesn't work, then we might have to find something else for him to do.

<Sigh> Thanks for listening- it's so hard to be happy about my pants being loose when he is so depressed about his condition, and then feels like I am leaving him behind as my numbers keep going down and his don't.
I am so sorry for your husband. Tell him to keep on going because I am sure he feels better eating like this regardless of weight loss being slow, he could be losing inches. When he goes to the Dr. he can explain the program and maybe the Dr. can provide some answers, it could be the medication like you said.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:19 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 155/111/115

Height: 5'5"

Happy Wednesday to everyone. Good luck with those WIs today. Sounds like we already have some successes!!

Thanks for the Smoothmove tea recommendation yesterday. I bought the chocolate stuff and had it last night after my night class...it worked!

I just want to say that I love IP!! I really do like the food, and it is a simple program to follow. I absolutely love that I'm developing MUCH BETTER eating habits, and don't even crave the foods others are eating! Thanks for everyones delish ideas (esp Rainbow, LizRR, and Scorbett). They sound great, I just need to jump in and try them!

Have a great day! I'm thinking of all you down south. (I'm hearing 15 inches of rain in New Orleans!!) Take care...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I think it's worth mentioning to "newbies" that those big drops the first few weeks don't stay so big -- it does peter out a bit. I think it says "3-5 lbs a week" in the 'brochures' but that hasn't been my norm. However, had a 4lb loss last week (woooo hooooo) so I was very excited.
Yes...I think that the 3-5 pound statement in the brochures can be somewhat misleading. It's important to think of the big picture....eventually we'll get there! By the way...way to go with that 4lb loss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTots View Post
Good morning all. Week 2 weigh in and down 2lbs. Lovely! It's sunny here. i've just had my lunch outdoors. Feels good to get fresh air and sun during the workday. Have a good day.
Woohoo!! Way to go!! We're roasting here in the midwest...don't think lunch outside will happen for me today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
WI Wednesday for me!! I don't know if the whoosh fairy visited me, but I'm still pumped about the fact that I wore size 14 pants all day yesterday and they fit great - no pinching, no muffin top

....wrapped and packed up almost 40 pounds of meat for the deep freezer!
Congrats on those pants! Hope your WI goes well today. BTW, that's a lot of meat...way to be a planner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
... will be enjoying my crispy cereal pancake and apple butter sandwich during bagel time. I've got this!
Went shopping yesterday and forgot the apple butter...will have to try some! Thanks for the idea! I did get the BBQ sauce for the first time for BBQ chicken last night...and it was good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen71 View Post
WEll this weekend my BIL and nephew came up and needless to say there was a lot of junk food around. I did great while they were here but the last three days I have been taking bites of all the snacks left over. SO MAD AT MYSELF!!! Although on a positive note before IP I would have eaten everything and not just taken bites here and there. I know the fat % will go up on Fridays WI and that is what gets me mad.

So this morning I went through the pantry, fridge and freezer and threw out the cookies, cake, dips and 2 half gallons of ice cream.
In the past, I would've behaved the same way...good while company was there & ate everything once everyone was gone. You made an EXCELLENT decision to ditch those bad foods!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeniris View Post
I was checking out a local spa for services/prices/packages and am a little shell-shocked by the costs (Money is pretty tight for us these days.) I've never been to a spa for anything and thought that would be an awesome gift to myself for when I reach my goal in a couple of months. Am actually thinking I don't deserve to spend that much on myself as my journey to goal hasn't been difficult; P1 is so easy (after the first week). So am re-thinking my reward. What have you decided as a reward for when you reach your goals? Anything? (Maybe the spa should be my reward for maintaining a full year. It sounds like maintaining is going to be the hardest part of this program.)
Not sure what my gift will be yet. (Thinking new clothes, or a makeover, who knows!) You have a great idea, maybe just start saving a little money each week/month to save for it.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 AM   #35  

S/C/G: H 225/ S 205/ C 197.5/ TBD

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I think I am going to try adding in an extra shot of protien into his day- someone in another thread recommended Syntrax and it looks like a good way to get a lot of protien for few calories. We see his endocrinologist at the end of Sept, and there's no point in moving up that appointment because he has a lot of tests he has to do before he goes. If the protein tweak doesn't work, then we might have to find something else for him to do.
GoalFor40:
The Syntrax is great they have lots of flavors to satisfy any craving and I havent found one yet that I cant drink, the apple wasn't my fave but it was drinkable. (Strawberry Mouse is my fave)

Quote:
The only other thing I can think is that he is not seeing weight loss because he is rebuilding muscle. One of the issues he had when he was sick was muscle wasting-
You are probably right about him rebuilding the muscle so the extra protein will be good for him. Once he regains his muscles he should start to see a lot of weight loss. After all more muscle mass is why men lose more weight than women on any diet.

Hang in there, he'll catch up!

Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #36  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I am so sorry for your husband. Tell him to keep on going because I am sure he feels better eating like this regardless of weight loss being slow, he could be losing inches. When he goes to the Dr. he can explain the program and maybe the Dr. can provide some answers, it could be the medication like you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmheart View Post
You are probably right about him rebuilding the muscle so the extra protein will be good for him. Once he regains his muscles he should start to see a lot of weight loss. After all more muscle mass is why men lose more weight than women on any diet.

Hang in there, he'll catch up!

Thanks for the kind words, ladies. He has been through so much over the past two years, I just hate to see him continue to struggle. I told him today that if he wants to try another approach that I will support him, but he says he wants to stick with it and give it more time. He definitely feels a lot better physically on this plan, so that is helping with his resolve. @Warmheart- I think you were the one who originally posted about the Nectrax- thank you for that tip! I think I might use it as well, when I start to exercise again. I checked it out on Netrition and it gets amazing reviews!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 PM   #37  
Back to the old me :)

S/C/G: 138.4/see ticker/125

Height: 5'6 1/2

Good Morning!

Was so pleased to see a loss of 1 pound today after the slow losses for the past 2 weeks. Have been stressing about it especially since I'm trying alternatives for the first time this week and was afraid they would affect my weight loss negatively. Am so glad that isn't true!

I also have a question -- my husband and I are planning to go whale watching this september and will be spending the night at a B&B at orcas island. We decided to give ourselves a break and technically treat the non-IP brekkie as a cheat, and then go back OP after. I know we can just use an IP packet but we would like to enjoy this mini break and the food that the B&B will serve. My question is: Should I just treat that as a cheat day and then go back OP afterwards or should I spend next week (we leave next Thursday) trying to phase out? Which will do me more harm than good?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #38  
IP Newbie

S/C/G: 180/136/130

Height: 5'2"

WI #5 complete and with the little "hiccup" this past weekend I am down 1.5 lbs!!! Was so happy to see that!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 201/180/140

Height: 5' 6"

Down 1lb at yesterdays weigh in. I'm going away Friday - Monday and am a little nervous about being able to stay OP without a microwave or fridge in our hotel room and eating at restaurants every night.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #40  
~Tara~

S/C/G: 258/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitgirl2012 View Post
I really do like the food, and it is a simple program to follow. I absolutely love that I'm developing MUCH BETTER eating habits, and don't even crave the foods others are eating! Thanks for everyones delish ideas (esp Rainbow, LizRR, and Scorbett). They sound great, I just need to jump in and try them!
I agree- I am surprised by how much I enjoy the OP dinners I have made, and how good I feel after eating them. I made a zuccini bake last night with LizRR's tom/red pepper puree, zucchini chunks, and turkey sausage- it was so filling, and after dinner I didn't feel like I needed a nap. I feel like i am finally learning how to eat properly, for the first time in my life.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:24 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/180

Good morning!

Supposed to be at work today, had yesterday off but I've been sicker than a dog the past 3 days with a headcold. It definately hasn't been easy following protocol while sick, I can't taste anything and have very little appetite but I've managed to make it all fit. Hopefully I'm feeling better tomorrow!

I'm loving trying the new recipes though. Was never much of a cook until the program where now I'm forced to try new things and LOVING IT.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I think it's worth mentioning to "newbies" that those big drops the first few weeks don't stay so big -- it does peter out a bit. I think it says "3-5 lbs a week" in the 'brochures' but that hasn't been my norm. However, had a 4lb loss last week (woooo hooooo) so I was very excited.
Awesome loss!
You are right. I average ab out 1.5 to 2 Lbs per week, and last week I had a gain.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
Off to work today. There will be lovely complimentary bagels, fruit, yada yada yada... I am eating egg whites right now and will be enjoying my crispy cereal pancake and apple butter sandwich during bagel time. I've got this! Happy Wednesday all!! Good luck on all weigh ins! Stay OP!
New IP Mantra:
Bring it on!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:30 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
@ragdoll it WAS a lot of meat! I am going back to pick up a couple more whole chickens while they are 99 cents a pound. I figure while we have the money I can save myself from spending it after the prices go up.

SOOOOOOOO...just got back from WI - the inches fairy did not visit me this week but OH MAN I think the whoosh fairy smacked me head-on! Down 5 pounds!!!

Going to find some uses for the leeks I bought at the farmer's market yesterday, and make some okra chips to go with lunch! I'm going to make the mushroom soup into 2 small flatbreads and toast some Veggie Shreds in between them for a grilled cheese sammie!
Great Loss! Woo Hoo!
Old 08-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlvr52 View Post
Good Morning,
Many thoughts and prayers to those on the gulf coast. My husband's cousins live in New Orleans and they lost power and boarded up to prep. Pretty scary to me. That is probably why I love living in Washington. We get an occasional earthquake or volcano erupting but no major scary weather.

NSV- I am quite amazed at how this lifestyle does change your body shape. I am comfortable in a size 22 and when I was this weight before there was no way I was fitting in those. I am going to Lane Bryant tomorrow as they have buy one get one free including bras. And I need to stock up on a few sizes as I go down.

Today's quote:

Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.
~ Deepak Chopra ~

I love your quotes! Keep them coming
Closed Thread