3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264987-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-2-a.html)

bsaad23 09-07-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twindy57 (Post 4460831)
Yay - My 3rd day!:carrot:

Gotta say, I feel fabulous!!! The first day was a little rough, but woke up the next morning feeling better than I have in a long time. My joints were about 70% less stiff than usual, and even better the past two days. What's up with that??
I was really expecting this to be a lot harder the first week. I feel so good it kind of scares me. Makes me think that I'm doing something wrong!
I didn't get a lot of instruction when I first went in. I can have a little olive oil, right? Like a teaspoon for my salad dressing?

SO happy to hear this Twindy. :dancer:
I too am on day 3 and feel great today. Even woke up without my alarm clock! SO not me!!
The first day was not fun with a terrible headache but otherwise it's smoooth...and I don't even have the food yet. ( doing the alternative till it arrives) I didn't get too much in the way of instruction either, I read everything I could on this site. So much info and so much support. :cheer:
keep up the good work

bsaad23 09-07-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4460774)
Just got back from my first WI where I let my coach weigh me again. I didn't want her to do it when I got back from all of my time off this summer. I knew the scale was up, didn't really need her scale's confirmation too. She was a good sport about it, and told me whenever I was ready. So today I knew I was close, so I went for it. It wasn't as bad as I feared, only up 2 pounds, and 1 inch. I've been doing a form of boot camp this past week, and I am being rewarded big time for it on the scale. I need/have to get out of the 170's and finally hit the century club, so I've decided with my coach's blessing to just keep going with boot camp till I hit that all important mark for me. Plus in three weeks I will be flying home to CA to see people and lots of family I haven't seen in almost a year. I feel like I'm going for my big reveal o. :D

I hope everyone is having a good Friday, and now I'm off to FINALLY use my new dehydrator. Wish my luck. :chef:

Off all summer and only 2 lbs? Sounds pretty darn good to me! Congratulations for jumping back on the IP boat, sail on toward your goal, we'll all cheer you on:cheer3:
Enjoy your dehydrator, it's so fun. I love mine. Been workin on all the zucchini that is busting out of my garden. Tomatoes are fab too. I dehydrate and then freeze in vacuum paks for the months ahead. Enjoy.

DanafromAustin 09-07-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishette (Post 4460968)
Thanks so much for the encouragement, everyone! I took off work early today to get things prepared, and I picked up a few extra tasty IP packets while getting my WI this morning - which, by the way, registered 3.4 lbs! I will tell you how the visit went when I return, but I'm sure I will be OP. I know accountability is a wonderful thing! I'm ready for lots of baby smooches!

Yesmyqueen, if I knew how much love grand babies bring I would have had them first!

Great job on the 3.4 lbs. Have a great time and enjoy your little one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4460974)
OMG - that is too funny. :D I'm fairly well endowed, and can't help but notice that I'm getting saggier 'up top' as the lbs drop off. One of these days, one may well end up dipping in to my coffee cup.

I was very big on top, and now they've just kind of deflated and headed south. Not the best look, but thankfully I have a husband who is just thrilled that I'm finally losing the weight I've been saying I would lose for the last 20 years. He's not complaining.:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4460997)
You're on the good side of it now, Dana. Glad things are going your way. Have fun with your new toy!

Cindy, thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4461009)
Happy happyday to you all!!! I've been catching up on all the recent posts, sounds like everyone is humming right along and that's a GOOD thing.

I have a little joke to go along w rainbowsmiles joke,

A woman was ten pounds overweight so she went to the doctor and he advised her to eat normal for a day and skip a day, eat normal and skip a day,for a month. At her next Dr visit The Dr was amazed as she had lost 20 lbs, he said you have done so well how did it go? She said great except I thought I would die with all that skipping every other day.

ROFL :rofl: Have to call my mom and share that one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaad23 (Post 4461054)
I too am on day 3 and feel great today. Even woke up without my alarm clock! SO not me!!
The first day was not fun with a terrible headache but otherwise it's smoooth...and I don't even have the food yet. ( doing the alternative till it arrives) I didn't get too much in the way of instruction either, I read everything I could on this site. So much info and so much support. :cheer:
keep up the good work

Who needs an alarm clock; I've got ketosis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaad23 (Post 4461059)
Off all summer and only 2 lbs? Sounds pretty darn good to me! Congratulations for jumping back on the IP boat, sail on toward your goal, we'll all cheer you on:cheer3:
Enjoy your dehydrator, it's so fun. I love mine. Been workin on all the zucchini that is busting out of my garden. Tomatoes are fab too. I dehydrate and then freeze in vacuum paks for the months ahead. Enjoy.

Thanks! I was actually up why more than just 2 pounds, but most of it came off the first week or two back. It was a lot of water weight. My first batch of veggies just came out of the dehydrator. They were yummy, but I put too much olive oil on them. I have to learn that less is more. Now I know for the next time.

evepet 09-07-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4461009)
Happy happyday to you all!!! I've been catching up on all the recent posts, sounds like everyone is humming right along and that's a GOOD thing.

I have a little joke to go along w rainbowsmiles joke,

A woman was ten pounds overweight so she went to the doctor and he advised her to eat normal for a day and skip a day, eat normal and skip a day,for a month. At her next Dr visit The Dr was amazed as she had lost 20 lbs, he said you have done so well how did it go? She said great except I thought I would die with all that skipping every other day.

LMAO - That literally had me laughing out loud ! :D Thanks for the funnie! :D:D

rainbowsmiles 09-07-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4461109)

Who needs an alarm clock; I've got ketosis.

Thanks! I was actually up why more than just 2 pounds, but most of it came off the first week or two back. It was a lot of water weight. My first batch of veggies just came out of the dehydrator. They were yummy, but I put too much olive oil on them. I have to learn that less is more. Now I know for the next time.

isn't that the truth!!!

regardingthe ... too much oil.... do you have a MISTO sprayer??? it is perfect for doing veggie chips!!!!

Lizzy63 09-07-2012 08:38 PM

Dana - Not sure you need any oil in the dehydrator. I never use any. But if you want to use some, I agree with Rainbow - use a MISTO for a very light amount.

Delgen 09-07-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4461138)
isn't that the truth!!!

regardingthe ... too much oil.... do you have a MISTO sprayer??? it is perfect for doing veggie chips!!!!

Where can I get a Misto sprayer?

WingnutandMe 09-07-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4461154)

Hi Cindy,

I just bought this one from ebay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/320973044480...84.m1439.l2649 They still have some left. It came really fast. I've filled it, but have not made anything yet that needed sprayed.

Molly

Lizzy63 09-07-2012 09:02 PM

This will also replace your cooking spray - no need for that anymore... I think I got mine at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.

rainbowsmiles 09-07-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4461154)

i bought mine at the grocery store (PUBLIX) for 12.99, its one of my favorite kitchen aids!!!

Halfagain 09-07-2012 09:33 PM

Hello all.. TGIF for sure!
I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. I had class at 6 AM the last couple days, catching some of the East Coast training schedule there - but the class was great.

I have to say on the dehydrator and oil, that the food does taste better as a snack with the oil. Salt/seasoning sticks to it better, etc. I try and skimp on the oil and I'm usually disappointed with the taste of kale for example if there is no oil on it. I don't know for a fact, but I would guess that adding oil takes away some longevity of the items that dehydration usually shows, but then they taste more snacky so.. well.. maybe that's not an issue.

I got close to my <300 mark this week, but no cigar. I'll still take that 4 lb loss this week. Thanks for the funnies today, they were a whoot!.

rainbowsmiles 09-07-2012 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4461191)

I got close to my <300 mark this week, but no cigar. I'll still take that 4 lb loss this week. Thanks for the funnies today, they were a whoot!.

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
omg!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let me come there and SQUEEZE that last .8 away!!! hahaha

HAPPY DANCE FOR REAL!!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Halfagain 09-07-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4461198)
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
omg!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let me come there and SQUEEZE that last .8 away!!! hahaha

HAPPY DANCE FOR REAL!!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

LOL! I wish! It's probaby .8 lbs of added knowledge from that class :-)
:hug::hug: Rainbow! I love you gf!

Twindy57 09-07-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsaad23 (Post 4461054)
keep up the good work

Hi bsaad - Glad you are doing well at your beginning too. I'm sure it will get tougher for us at some point, for me, I'll be tested by social situations! I have had headaches on and off, but might be my sinus allergies! Take Care.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement and the feedback involving the oil. The phase 1 sheet was missing from my packet, so have been relying on you, fabulous new friends!! My Gosh, I spent about two hours on the computer today looking at wonderful IP recipies....who needs carbs!!;)

DanafromAustin 09-08-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4461138)
isn't that the truth!!!

I do have one (love that thing), and will use that the next time for sure. The squash chips were still good. Only complaint... it took 5 hours to dehydrate them and only 15 minutes to eat. Sure were good going down though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4461191)
Hello all.. TGIF for sure!
I'm so looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow. I had class at 6 AM the last couple days, catching some of the East Coast training schedule there - but the class was great.

I have to say on the dehydrator and oil, that the food does taste better as a snack with the oil. Salt/seasoning sticks to it better, etc. I try and skimp on the oil and I'm usually disappointed with the taste of kale for example if there is no oil on it. I don't know for a fact, but I would guess that adding oil takes away some longevity of the items that dehydration usually shows, but then they taste more snacky so.. well.. maybe that's not an issue.

So close, for sure next week! You are doing SO good!