3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264987-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-2-a.html)

Yesmyqueen 09-04-2012 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4457965)
Hi, all - Had to shrare on this thread - I made it to HALF WAY today! I am down a total of 25.25 pounds. Yeah!!

Good for you :cp: can't wait till I'm at my halfway mark, keep up the great work!

Fishette 09-04-2012 09:55 PM

Lizzy63- Wonderful news about the halfway point! Your WI history shows you have been on track the whole way. That is a great achievement. Definitely time for a hot stone massage!

Yesmyqueen- I'm with you when it comes to my dog as my kid...we took the dog for a long drive in the country on Labor Day because she is too old to go frolicking and the real kids didn't come visit since they were sick. I think we all enjoyed the fresh air and a few of the leaves were starting to change in these parts. I never thought that I would be riding in a car through beautiful scenery while munching on cold red bell pepper straight and drinking plain water. I never even knew that you could eat bell pepper straight. Definitely surreal but, hey, I'm just doing what they tell me.

DanafromAustin 09-04-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Hi, all - Had to shrare on this thread - I made it to HALF WAY today! I am down a total of 25.25 pounds. Yeah!!

Whoo Hoo... :congrat:
Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4458007)
Awesome!!!! Congrats on being HALFWAY there!!!! :bravo:

Oh, the "grab" tool is on my Mac, not on Powerpoint. But I think there's a "screenshot" that you can do on a PC. One of my students showed me how. Oh well.

Ok, my news is: I lost another 1.8 pounds this week so now I've lost 31 pounds!!! I'm SO EXCITED and happy about it! I know those NSVs are great, but it's also great to see those diminishing numbers on the clinic scale!!! Yippee!!!:dancer::dancer::dancer::dance::dance::ca rrot::carrot:

You've made it past 30, great job! :carrot::hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishette (Post 4458099)
Lizzy63- Wonderful news about the halfway point! Your WI history shows you have been on track the whole way. That is a great achievement. Definitely time for a hot stone massage!

Yesmyqueen- I'm with you when it comes to my dog as my kid...we took the dog for a long drive in the country on Labor Day because she is too old to go frolicking and the real kids didn't come visit since they were sick. I think we all enjoyed the fresh air and a few of the leaves were starting to change in these parts. I never thought that I would be riding in a car through beautiful scenery while munching on cold red bell pepper straight and drinking plain water. I never even knew that you could eat bell pepper straight. Definitely surreal but, hey, I'm just doing what they tell me.

And it looks like you are doing a great job too!

DanafromAustin 09-04-2012 10:08 PM

Tomorrow's the big day - my dehydrator's coming!! I feel like I'm waiting for my new car to show up, LOL. I really do need to get a life. ;)

Chloe222 09-04-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4455871)
Hello ladies I've been reading all your posts my name is Teena and I've just recently began using this forum although I've been looking at it from day one of my Weight loss adventure. You are some of the most inspiring folks, happy to be posting with u all.

Welcome to our happy band of IP'ers!
:wel3fc:

All,
I have to say it is with mixed emotion I write this - tomorrow I'm going on vacation to WY with DH and our best friends for 9 days.

It could be a hectic time, hopefully it will be restful and I'll have a couple of hours at least to hang out on the 3fatchicks website every day. Mixed emotions because a vacation is nice but I so love my IP routine with my food and most importantly, time on this website. DH is laughing at me as I type this...he know I am addicted to this group. If I don't go on vacation, I could hang out with all of you and talk IP, now that's a vacation.

Miss you guys already. :(

Twindy57 09-04-2012 11:18 PM

Whoo Hooo! 1st Day tomorrow!!

Hi Ladies. I'm so happy to be joining you. It is so encouraging to read your posts.

I'm excited to start tomorrow, but also afraid. I don't want to fail. I guess it is kind of fatalistic to even be thinking about failing when I haven't even started....Good Grief! I will NOT fail. I woke up last month, looked in the mirror and said who is that person and where did she come from!! I feel fat, sick and very unhealthy right now and I am NOT going to continue down this road......So I will see you guys in the coming weeks and I can't wait to get my own little graph at the bottom of my posts!!

Beck81 09-04-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chloe222 (Post 4458149)

All,
I have to say it is with mixed emotion I write this - tomorrow I'm going on vacation to WY with DH and our best friends for 9 days.

It could be a hectic time, hopefully it will be restful and I'll have a couple of hours at least to hang out on the 3fatchicks website every day. Mixed emotions because a vacation is nice but I so love my IP routine with my food and most importantly, time on this website. DH is laughing at me as I type this...he know I am addicted to this group. If I don't go on vacation, I could hang out with all of you and talk IP, now that's a vacation.

Enjoy your vacation Chloe, you deserve it. We will be here when you get back!

joysh 09-04-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Have a great vacation!!

DanafromAustin 09-05-2012 12:01 AM

Quote:

All,

Vacations are the best. Have a great time and we will all still be here when you get back.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twindy57 (Post 4458168)
Hi Ladies. I'm so happy to be joining you. It is so encouraging to read your posts.

I'm excited to start tomorrow, but also afraid. I don't want to fail. I guess it is kind of fatalistic to even be thinking about failing when I haven't even started....Good Grief! I will NOT fail. I woke up last month, looked in the mirror and said who is that person and where did she come from!! I feel fat, sick and very unhealthy right now and I am NOT going to continue down this road......So I will see you guys in the coming weeks and I can't wait to get my own little graph at the bottom of my posts!!

:wel3fc: So happy you are joining us. Just post and read every day, and we will be the best support system you ever found, I promise! I'm sure many of us where afraid to fail when we started, I know I was for sure. I had been on so many diets over the years, and I'm sure my friends and family where thinking, "Here she goes again". What was different this time was I was SO excited to start, and that was a first ever. The first week is very challenging until ketosis kicks in, but hang in there, you will be so glad you did.

Twindy57 09-05-2012 01:37 AM

Thank you, Dana

Yep - I haven't even told my husband. I don't want to hear "Here we go again". I AM excited to start this diet. I feel much more motivated than any past diet. Rainbow's recipies look so good, can't wait to try them. I could seriously spend a lot of time on this forum......I'l have to set a timer :)

rainbowsmiles 09-05-2012 07:50 AM

:belly:GOOD MORNING GORGEOUS LADIES!!!!:grouphug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4458112)
Tomorrow's the big day - my dehydrator's coming!! I feel like I'm waiting for my new car to show up, LOL. I really do need to get a life. ;)

:love: envy!!! can't wait to hear what you come up with!! :)

Quote:

:hug::hug: :welcome: welcome twindy!! so glad you stopped by and i sure hope you stay awhile and just move on in!! this is a GREAT thread and beautiful group of ladies!! Listen, WE understand!! YOU CAN DO THIS!!! We are all here to support!! and you are so right, YOU WILL NOT FAIL!!! so just kick that terminology out of your head and out of your life!! YOU GOT THIS!!:carrot:

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4458021)
I felt so encouraged when I hit the half way mark... it feels like once I've gotten this far, then the rest should be relatively 'smooth sailing'. Although I predict it may take me some time, since I'm kind of plodding along anyway, and it may get even slower as I get closer to my final goal. Oh well - I don't feel deprived, so I'll just stick with what I'm doing until I get there. Hopefully, I'll be close or at goal by Christmas at least.

Today has been a long day. I needed to spend the day at my Hqs in Toronto, Ontario... left home about 7am and just got back home about 7:30pm. I did stay OP though - took a soup packet, and had that and a bunch of vegetables I bought for lunch. Took a bar for a snack during the early evening home commute. Normal dinner of meat + veg around 8am. I'm a little behind with the water though - need to get another couple of glasses in.

I hope she doesn't mind my mentionning it here, but I want to thank Molly... she read my blog, and was so very thoughtful in asking if I'd like her IP recipe file, that I might like to access it and try out some recipes and add them to my blog's IP recipes section. That was a super idea, and as her recipe file is very organized, it will be easy to work with.

Anyway... it's been a good day if a busy, tiring one. Will have a restful night, and retire early I think. Hope everyone has had a good day.

:hug: evepet...wow!!! what a long day you had but LOOK AT YOU!!!....staying all strong and OP all day!! Very impressive!! Sometimes....when i feel like i am "just plodding" along...i think about soldiers and them just marching along...drill after drill....day after day...but then before you even know it, you've walked a hundred miles!! so sometimes PLODDING ALONG REALLY GETS THE JOB DONE!!! hang tough...WE CAN DO THIS!!!
PS....MOLLY ROCKS!!!

Quote:

All,

Chloe....WE WILL MISS YOU TOO!!!!!!!!!!! but i hope you go...have a great time...get some relaxin' in...and keep your head in the game!! you can always "pop" in for a quick hello!!! I hope you have a FANTABULOUS TIME!!! my DH laughs at me too...b/c i'm like, wait .... wait.... there a new post i gotta read it!!! hahaha I LOVE THIS THREAD!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twindy57 (Post 4458223)
Yep - I haven't even told my husband. I don't want to hear "Here we go again". I AM excited to start this diet. I feel much more motivated than any past diet. Rainbow's recipies look so good, can't wait to try them. I could seriously spend a lot of time on this forum......I'l have to set a timer :)

hmmm....set a timer....yeah...that won't work for me!! hahahaha :rofl: i have clothes to do, vacuuming to do, bathrooms that really need my attention and lets just don't take about the garden weeds!! :sp::stress::no:

i so know what you mean about not telling dh. i made the MISTAKE of telling my mother and she said just that, oh lord, what are you doing NOW??? sheeesh...can't a girl get a little support here??? especially from a MOM!!! oh well...in the end, i will be the one who benefits. it doesn't matter how many times i try, as long as i never stop trying, thats all that matters!!!

so ladies....have a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
:dance: whoooot whooooot!!! :dance:
DANCE LiKE YOU'RE ON iP AND LOViN' iT!!!
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

DanafromAustin 09-05-2012 08:50 AM

Once again Rainbow you helped me to start my day off with a smile just by reading your post. Thank you! :hug:

Delgen 09-05-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4457203)
Hmm interesting - this is the first time I have documented all the foods I have eaten daily for any real length of time. I've been using My Fitness Pal to keep track. I'm sure it has helped even though I'm the only one who sees it. I don't want to have to log something off plan perhaps - I'm not really sure why it has clicked for me this time. I log my supplements as well as the water drank for the day there too.

The reasearch says that keeping track of what we eat is the most effective way to lose and maintain weight. Even though only you see it, it gives YOU the information you need to be successful.

Psychologists call this self-regulation....you have more control than anyone can exert on you!

Delgen 09-05-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Half way! Yay!

Delgen 09-05-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

We are only afraid of things we tell ourselves to be afraid of.

Although I can totally relate. I agonized over my decision to start this program. But it is the best thing I ever did.

Commit to being 100%, and you will have nothing to fear. It is amazing.