3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264987-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-2-a.html)

cowtownbee 09-03-2012 10:00 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome

Happy Labor Day - trust you will have a fun, relaxing day with family and/or friends. Thank you for the warm welcome to the group and will strive to be as insightful and supportive as you all. :thanks:

greeniris 09-03-2012 01:54 PM

Welcome Newbies! Glad to have you join our 50+ thread, and look forward to seeing your progression to a healthier you!

Rainbow - sending you hugs...and love that your DH is so supportive of your journey! I'm very lucky in that regard as well, and it makes a huge difference.

I have to figure out how to put pics in my post too. Every time I try they are HUGE and don't know how to re-size them. Will go over kaypix's instructions.

I have a batch of zucchini chips in both the oven and in the dehydrator right now. And the jicama I had in the dehydrator last week with cinnamon & Truvia on them was soooo good! Made me think of apple pie for sure. A little 'leathery' in texture, but worth the extra chewing! Am going to try the cookie recipe from another thread today too.

Happy Labor Day all - hope you're able to relax a bit today.

Halfagain 09-03-2012 01:54 PM

Ahh.. lazing in my pj's this morning, sipping coffee. Have my dog beside me snoozing. Yesterday the somewhat stressful for her, as the new neighborers cat decided to wander in through the doggie door. Oh my - all heck broke loose at that notion. Our little schnauzer was beside herself. How dare that cat enter her home!

I got my Nashua order placed today so I could use the LABOR49 code to get free shipping on my >$49 order. I think today is the last day to do that, I could be wrong. I ordered some of those vanilla wafers I heard were good, some pancake mixes (I've been using my puddings I didn't care for to make them - but I'm about out of pudding), and some chili. I guess buying the pancake mixes will save my egg whites for other cooking adventures in the day this way.

I made chicken breast into chunks and dumped some Frank's Red Hot sauce on them last night. I helps the cravings for spicy flavors. I just cooked most of the family pack of breasts so I have left overs for a salad tonight or just re-heat some. I like the Proti-diet chili, but I'm always double thinking if I'll have it now or later because it's restricted. So it's like a treat when I do decide to use it. I've been using Lemon Coconut -The Simply Bar as a restricted, but I don't suppose it truely is. The dog likes me having those too, as she gets a small corner, where she can't have any of the chocolate ones I use. I must really be into ketosis lately as I realy have not been hungry for a few days. It's kind of odd. I usually will be at least craving things.

I've dropped a couple more pounds - hate to jinx myself before the Friday WI saying that, but it's a nice to see the scale cooperating toward the <300# milestone. If I don't get it this week, next week I should be there.

Maybe I'll go thru my closet and bag up some of the larger clothes today. Coffee's about gone, guess I better get a move on. Hope you are all having a great Monday.

rainbowsmiles 09-03-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4456636)

Rainbow - sending you hugs...and love that your DH is so supportive of your journey! I'm very lucky in that regard as well, and it makes a huge difference.

I have a batch of zucchini chips in both the oven and in the dehydrator right now. And the jicama I had in the dehydrator last week with cinnamon & Truvia on them was soooo good! Made me think of apple pie for sure. A little 'leathery' in texture, but worth the extra chewing! Am going to try the cookie recipe from another thread today too.

Happy Labor Day all - hope you're able to relax a bit today.

woohoo!!! a true side by side taste test on oven chips vs dehydrator chips!!! can't wait to hear the verdict! ooooh take photos!!!!

oh and dh....was so supportive at outback...pushing AWAY the bread...then saturday....when we hit the market for groceries...he bought a BIG OLE FAT FRESH BAKED FRENCH BAGUETTE!!!!!!!!!!

OH YES HE DID!!

he sorta had it hidden in the cart until we checked out...and then "sheepishly" brought it out and i just looked at him and said really?? and he said...well i'm making up for last night!! WHAT?????

i seriously could NOT believe it!! and YES....he bought it!! AND brought it home...AND ate it smack in front of me with butter!!

i pouted in the car all the way home!! then i said, well, i'm taking away your husband of the week award!! he just shrugged his shoulders.

sheeeeesh!!! just when i was holding him in high regard for being supportive!!

oh well....i'm the one 80 pounds lighter!! woot woot!!

evepet 09-03-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4456637)
Ahh.. lazing in my pj's this morning, sipping coffee. Have my dog beside me snoozing. Yesterday the somewhat stressful for her, as the new neighborers cat decided to wander in through the doggie door. Oh my - all heck broke loose at that notion. Our little schnauzer was beside herself. How dare that cat enter her home!

I got my Nashua order placed today so I could use the LABOR49 code to get free shipping on my >$49 order. I think today is the last day to do that, I could be wrong. I ordered some of those vanilla wafers I heard were good, some pancake mixes (I've been using my puddings I didn't care for to make them - but I'm about out of pudding), and some chili. I guess buying the pancake mixes will save my egg whites for other cooking adventures in the day this way.

I made chicken breast into chunks and dumped some Frank's Red Hot sauce on them last night. I helps the cravings for spicy flavors. I just cooked most of the family pack of breasts so I have left overs for a salad tonight or just re-heat some. I like the Proti-diet chili, but I'm always double thinking if I'll have it now or later because it's restricted. So it's like a treat when I do decide to use it. I've been using Lemon Coconut -The Simply Bar as a restricted, but I don't suppose it truely is. The dog likes me having those too, as she gets a small corner, where she can't have any of the chocolate ones I use. I must really be into ketosis lately as I realy have not been hungry for a few days. It's kind of odd. I usually will be at least craving things.

I've dropped a couple more pounds - hate to jinx myself before the Friday WI saying that, but it's a nice to see the scale cooperating toward the <300# milestone. If I don't get it this week, next week I should be there.

Maybe I'll go thru my closet and bag up some of the larger clothes today. Coffee's about gone, guess I better get a move on. Hope you are all having a great Monday.

My scale went down a pound and a bit this morning too! As to The Simply Bar, I don't think you need to treat it as a restricted - it's nutritional values are low enough to be used everyday if you wish. Their bars vary somewhat, depending on the flavor - but Lemon Coconut is my fav, and I don't treat is as a restricted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4456646)
woohoo!!! a true side by side taste test on oven chips vs dehydrator chips!!! can't wait to hear the verdict! ooooh take photos!!!!

oh and dh....was so supportive at outback...pushing AWAY the bread...then saturday....when we hit the market for groceries...he bought a BIG OLE FAT FRESH BAKED FRENCH BAGUETTE!!!!!!!!!!

OH YES HE DID!!

he sorta had it hidden in the cart until we checked out...and then "sheepishly" brought it out and i just looked at him and said really?? and he said...well i'm making up for last night!! WHAT?????

i seriously could NOT believe it!! and YES....he bought it!! AND brought it home...AND ate it smack in front of me with butter!!

i pouted in the car all the way home!! then i said, well, i'm taking away your husband of the week award!! he just shrugged his shoulders.

Oh dear... a fresh baked french baguette? I'm salivating just thinking about it - think I can smell it! With butter no less? LOL. You've got this though - I know you'll hang tough. :hug:

I just want to thank those of you who have dropped by my new blog. I'm loving doing it, and seeing the responses is really encouraging. Thanks. :)

rainbowsmiles 09-03-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evepet (Post 4456672)

Oh dear... a fresh baked french baguette? I'm salivating just thinking about it - think I can smell it! With butter no less? LOL. You've got this though - I know you'll hang tough. :hug:

I just want to thank those of you who have dropped by my new blog. I'm loving doing it, and seeing the responses is really encouraging. Thanks. :)

you can bet your bottom dollar i never had even a nibble!!!!
DETERMINATION in the sight of adversity!
GET THEE BEHIND ME SATAN!!
:rofl: hahaha
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

joysh 09-03-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4456636)
I have to figure out how to put pics in my post too. Every time I try they are HUGE and don't know how to re-size them. Will go over kaypix's instructions.

Here's what I did. It's a little easier then creating a photobucket or other online account. I created a power point page. Open powerpoint and drag your photos onto the page. Resize them so they fit. You can even write captions.

Then use the "grab" tool in Utilities. Select your slide and take a screen shot of it. Then save it. Preview will open. You can reduce it in Preview and save it as a jpeg, if you like. Save it to your computer.

To attach it to your post, go to Additional Option right below where you type your message. Or you can attach it to your signature. Either way you go to attach files, find your file and attach it.

I figured this one out when I was waiting for the storm to come last week.

Yesmyqueen 09-03-2012 03:49 PM

Hello all today is a lazy day holding my dog like half again, ah what would we do without are wonderful pets? I know mine has been there for me and is my favorite family member by far! And rainbowsmiles you go girl for keeping strong and resisting that bread I totally relate as last night about midnight my son was toasting some jalapeņo/cheese bagels, I woke up and ohhhh it smelled. How everyone has a great day! Teena

rainbowsmiles 09-03-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4456758)
Hello all today is a lazy day holding my dog like half again, ah what would we do without are wonderful pets? I know mine has been there for me and is my favorite family member by far! And rainbowsmiles you go girl for keeping strong and resisting that bread I totally relate as last night about midnight my son was toasting some jalapeņo/cheese bagels, I woke up and ohhhh it smelled. How everyone has a great day! Teena

i love your screen name!! :queen:
i think i should make DH answer me all this week YESMYQUEEN....for being so naughty with the bread!! i'm making him make his own supper tonight as punishment! hahhaa :rofl:

DanafromAustin 09-03-2012 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4456332)
Dana - What kind of stevia do you use? I am confused by this - I thought Truvia was stevia, but apparently there's something else mixed in there... I know I can get liquid stevia at my natural foods store here, but sometimes crystals are more convenient. Is there a crystalized stevia that's not mixed with something else? I still have a couple of ramekins of the custard left, so I will try carmelizing with something else after I run out to the store later.

In the past I've bought Stevia in the Raw, and my current box of stevia is by Sweet leaf. I think you're right in that Truvia is something else because of what they add to it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4456646)

OH YES HE DID!!

Bread and butter is my weakness for sure. Thankfully we have very little bread in the house anymore. The only one who will eat it is my teenage son. My daughter is back on IP with me, and my husband basically eats only paleo foods. Does your husband need to lose weight? Either way I would rather weigh 80 pounds less any day than eat a piece a bread, no matter how good it taste. As the saying goes, "Nothing taste as good as thin feels."

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4456747)
Here's what I did. It's a little easier then creating a photobucket or other online account. I created a power point page. Open powerpoint and drag your photos onto the page. Resize them so they fit. You can even write captions.

Then use the "grab" tool in Utilities. Select your slide and take a screen shot of it. Then save it. Preview will open. You can reduce it in Preview and save it as a jpeg, if you like. Save it to your computer.

To attach it to your post, go to Additional Option right below where you type your message. Or you can attach it to your signature. Either way you go to attach files, find your file and attach it.

I figured this one out when I was waiting for the storm to come last week.

Is grab a Mac or PC tool? Never heard of it.

Blueskywyoming 09-03-2012 04:51 PM

Evepet, your blog is fantastic. You are one creative person. Thanks for sharing all of your combined knowledge with us.
Brenda

rainbowsmiles 09-03-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4456804)

Bread and butter is my weakness for sure. Thankfully we have very little bread in the house anymore. The only one who will eat it is my teenage son. My daughter is back on IP with me, and my husband basically eats only paleo foods. Does your husband need to lose weight? Either way I would rather weigh 80 pounds less any day than eat a piece a bread, no matter how good it taste. As the saying goes, "Nothing taste as good as thin feels."

Is grab a Mac or PC tool? Never heard of it.

i am so right there with you....i don't miss sweets, candy, cakes, pies....but bread is my vice...i would choose bread and butter over creme brulee!! any day!!

yes...dh is about 75 lbs overweight, but he is tall and carries it very well...and he is happy with the way he is so has no interest in losing weight at this time!! i could not even imagine him giving up breads....ever. he easily eats 1.5 loaves of bread a week sometimes more....and eats either a bagel or waffle every morning and has cereal for snacks. he never gains weight. he is the same when i met him, and stays the same year after year.

me...my body doesn't maintain weight easily at all. i am either actively working HARD to lose....or i slowly gain....whether i change my eating or not. i have always eaten fairly healthy choices of foods(just not good choices of QUANTITY) ....as sweets are not a real temptation to me, more breads, paste, cheese, corn and butter. i could basically live off those few foods!! my problem is just eating more than my body needs!!

i am proud of myself for learning to eat more true veggies. i am overly picky!! i don't like that it bothers me when he loads up his cart with stuff he know tempts me. some things tempt more easily than others! haha

but it does frustrate me when he KNOWS he is buying something that i love to enjoy and then just shrugs it off, like, eh...i'm not the one wanting to lose weight!

like you said, nothing tastes as good as thin feels although a fresh french baguette with butter really gives it a run for the money!! HA!

rainbowsmiles 09-03-2012 06:03 PM

The Ten Steps to Success:

1. Try

2. Try again

3. Try harder

4. Try tomorrow

5. Try thinking about what has worked in the past

6. Try and ask someone who has done it

7. Try and figure out what is not working

8. Try it a different way

9. Try it once more

10. Don't stop trying!

WingnutandMe 09-03-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4456829)
i am so right there with you....i don't miss sweets, candy, cakes, pies....but bread is my vice...i would choose bread and butter over creme brulee!! any day!!

yes...dh is about 75 lbs overweight, but he is tall and carries it very well...and he is happy with the way he is so has no interest in losing weight at this time!! i could not even imagine him giving up breads....ever. he easily eats 1.5 loaves of bread a week sometimes more....and eats either a bagel or waffle every morning and has cereal for snacks. he never gains weight. he is the same when i met him, and stays the same year after year.

me...my body doesn't maintain weight easily at all. i am either actively working HARD to lose....or i slowly gain....whether i change my eating or not. i have always eaten fairly healthy choices of foods(just not good choices of QUANTITY) ....as sweets are not a real temptation to me, more breads, paste, cheese, corn and butter. i could basically live off those few foods!! my problem is just eating more than my body needs!!

i am proud of myself for learning to eat more true veggies. i am overly picky!! i don't like that it bothers me when he loads up his cart with stuff he know tempts me. some things tempt more easily than others! haha

but it does frustrate me when he KNOWS he is buying something that i love to enjoy and then just shrugs it off, like, eh...i'm not the one wanting to lose weight!

like you said, nothing tastes as good as thin feels although a fresh french baguette with butter really gives it a run for the money!! HA!

You sound a lot like me except DH is skinny as a rail and CAN eat anything. He is good about not eating something I like unless I tell him to or make it for him, which I've done. Like the time I made homemade bread machine bread. I was pretty much satisfied with just the wonderful smell. Probably the closest I came to eating something of his was the first batch of Actifry real french fries I made him. That, I so wanted to taste just one. I did NOT. Someday.

I'm into the starch carbs unless I'm stressed then I will eat bags and bags of chocolate (my last 30 or so pounds before IP). My work is VERY stressful. That's what is so wonderful about this forum, we all have each other to help strengthen us. I'm sure I would have caved in months ago except for everyone here.

On to a big salad tonight with some extra lean burgers using some seasonings in one of evepet's recipes. Can't wait.

Have a great evening all.
Molly

patns 09-03-2012 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4456637)

Oh my, the utter nerve of that cat!!!
I can imagine the uproar.

I had a co-worker whose family had to go away suddenly for a funeral. When they got back a week later they discovered a raccoon had come in the doggie door. Everything was totally torn apart especially the kitchen cupboards.

Pat

i