3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264987-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-2-a.html)

WingnutandMe 09-05-2012 05:31 PM

Today was the doctor's appointment for the MRI evaluation on my foot. It seems there is a partially torn tendon below my ankle. He said I have a couple more months of wearing this air boot/inflatable cast thing, BUT, he released me to go back to work. DARN. My "vacation" is over. Right now, I will get to work at home. This boot thingy is on my right foot, so no driving with it on. To drive with my shoe on aggravates the ankle area and I think will slow this already slow healing process. My boss is okay for a week or so of work at home and then he'll evaluate it. I was spoiled with the last 5+ weeks of time off. Now I know I want to retire as soon as we can get things organized here in Georgia to move to Michigan.

Just wanted those who know I've been dealing with the foot pain for a couple months, where I'm at. At least all of the unknowing is gone and no surgery, which is okay by me.

Have a great OP evening
Molly

Rhonduz 09-05-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4458954)
Today was the doctor's appointment for the MRI evaluation on my foot. It seems there is a partially torn tendon below my ankle. He said I have a couple more months of wearing this air boot/inflatable cast thing, BUT, he released me to go back to work. DARN. My "vacation" is over. Right now, I will get to work at home. This boot thingy is on my right foot, so no driving with it on. To drive with my shoe on aggravates the ankle area and I think will slow this already slow healing process. My boss is okay for a week or so of work at home and then he'll evaluate it. I was spoiled with the last 5+ weeks of time off. Now I know I want to retire as soon as we can get things organized here in Georgia to move to Michigan.

Just wanted those who know I've been dealing with the foot pain for a couple months, where I'm at. At least all of the unknowing is gone and no surgery, which is okay by me.

Have a great OP evening
Molly

I hope your foot pain is relieved soon Molly, and I hear you on that retirement thing. This new school is kicking my you know what.

I had WI 12 this evening. Not fast loss but I sure am consistent. Another 2 lbs. gone forever. Woooohooooo!

greeniris 09-05-2012 06:27 PM

Molly - glad you don't have to have surgery. Sure hope it gets to feeling better sooner than later. Thanks for letting us know.

Rhonduz - I'm about the same as you for the most part, losing 2 - 2 1/2 lbs a week. I WI in the morning and expecting a 3 - 4 lb loss for the past 2 weeks. As long as it's going in the right direction I'm a happy camper!

evepet 09-05-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4458926)
Some different squash are termed yellow squash. Check out the picture here in the Wikipedia listing, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yellow_summer_squash

I've heard it called crook-neck squash, too.

Molly

Thx Molly. I think I saw 'crook-neck' yellow squash like that there. OK - it's going in my cart next grocery shopping. :)

Also glad to hear the news about your foot - that no surgery is necessary. Hope all goes well, and you're able to arrange for retirement in the relatively near future.

greeniris 09-05-2012 07:16 PM

Hi all. I've been having a rough week emotionally (even with the 3-day weekend) and don't know why. It's not TOM, as I had a hysterectomy about 15 yrs ago. Have stayed 100% OP, though have gotten lax about measuring the veggies. Just feeling really down and tired and teary :cry: for several days. Some family stuff, some work stuff, some health concerns. And am realizing that P3 & maintenance is going to take constant attention to the 'details'. I hope I'll be able to handle it! Seems like I'm having trouble staying focused on anything these days, including planning meals. I'm in week 14 and about 2/3s of the way to goal. IDK, just need an attitude adjustment I guess.:drill:

This afternoon the doc removed my cast and took the pin out of my foot. OMG that hurt!:yikes: Now I have a goofy looking 'shoe' to wear for a couple of weeks, and have to go back to using the crutches for a while. But making progress!:) He said I won't be able to tear up the dance floor when my son gets married in 6 weeks, but I should be able to dance a few slow dances. (Wondering when I'll be able to shop for shoes for the occasion. No high heels, that's for sure.)

I apologize for being a Debbie Downer tonight. Maybe I'll just go to bed early and 'sleep it off'! :dunno: Hope you all have a good evening.

evepet 09-05-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greeniris (Post 4459069)
Hi all. I've been having a rough week emotionally (even with the 3-day weekend) and don't know why. It's not TOM, as I had a hysterectomy about 15 yrs ago. Have stayed 100% OP, though have gotten lax about measuring the veggies. Just feeling really down and tired and teary :cry: for several days. Some family stuff, some work stuff, some health concerns. And am realizing that P3 & maintenance is going to take constant attention to the 'details'. I hope I'll be able to handle it! Seems like I'm having trouble staying focused on anything these days, including planning meals. I'm in week 14 and about 2/3s of the way to goal. IDK, just need an attitude adjustment I guess.:drill:

This afternoon the doc removed my cast and took the pin out of my foot. OMG that hurt!:yikes: Now I have a goofy looking 'shoe' to wear for a couple of weeks, and have to go back to using the crutches for a while. But making progress!:) He said I won't be able to tear up the dance floor when my son gets married in 6 weeks, but I should be able to dance a few slow dances. (Wondering when I'll be able to shop for shoes for the occasion. No high heels, that's for sure.)

I apologize for being a Debbie Downer tonight. Maybe I'll just go to bed early and 'sleep it off'! :dunno: Hope you all have a good evening.

Sorry you're having a tough week. :hug: It sounds like the experience today with getting the pin taken out would upset anyone's day. Ouch!
Hang in there - can't offer any special advice I'm afraid - just wanted to acknowledge your post and offer support... I hope your down mood soon disappears.

Delgen 09-05-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

I think a couple of things might be going on. Having such a pain in your leg/foot has to be getting you down a bit. That along with all the other things going on in your life can seem overwhelming...and then add IP. There is never a good time to do IP. It takes a lot of time, effort and emotional energy.
However, I think once you get to goal and onto phase 3 you will be excited and motivated again. When you are right in the middle, the motivation wanes a bit. This is really normal, and happens with most things, not just IP and weight loss.

Hang in there, and keep putting one foot in front of the other. Go through the motions even though you may not be motivated. Just go through the motions. You don't have to be super duper cheerleader motivated for this to work. You just have to go through the motions, since most of the work has been figured out for you.

Hang in there, my friend. You have all of us to lean on.

Yesmyqueen 09-05-2012 07:42 PM

Quote:

Greeniris you just hang in there, your just having one of those downs in this roller coaster of life, ride it out before you know it you'll be up. One day at a time always works. Keep you in my prayers. Teena

cowtownbee 09-05-2012 08:22 PM

Excellent Advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4456850)
The Ten Steps to Success:

1. Try

2. Try again

3. Try harder

4. Try tomorrow

5. Try thinking about what has worked in the past

6. Try and ask someone who has done it

7. Try and figure out what is not working

8. Try it a different way

9. Try it once more

10. Don't stop trying!

Excellent advice - I'm putting that on the fridge. The bread victory is yours so be proud and make note!

capecodmomma 09-05-2012 08:28 PM

Half way sounds great ladies! It's kind of cool to say I am half way there. Good job to all of you!
I'm almost to halfway. I like that thought. It took awhile to get into the 170s. It seemed like that scale was stuck at 181 forever!
I'm still waiting for someone other than my family to notice, though. We see hundreds of customers each week. Some we have known for 25 years and not one has said anything. Like my husband says they see us but they no longer notice us. My knitter girl friends better notice. I havent seen them in 2 months. I Plan on wearing my new skinnier jeans and a tight t-shirt. We are getting together on the 20th so that gives me a few weeks yet. Want to make a bet? My husband says they won't even notice. They are used to me as I am. It's hard work as you all know and I appreciate it. I know I'm doing it for myself. I deserve it, but darn it already......

WingnutandMe 09-05-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Sorry to hear you're down. I can relate to being down because of pain. With my foot problems/pain, I have experienced the debbie downers a few times recently. I also can relate to being on this for a while and getting lax and getting overwhelmed by what's being written about Phase 3 and Maintenance. Sometimes that and all those life things are almost tooooo much.

I wish I was still up in Michigan so we could have another dinner together. I had such a wonderful time at our dinner a few weeks past, I think that would be an upper to share with another IPer face to face. Maybe when we get to come back later this fall.

Chin up. I hate to think you're sad. You know we're all here for you. :hug::hug::hug:

Molly

Rhonduz 09-05-2012 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capecodmomma (Post 4459132)
Half way sounds great ladies! It's kind of cool to say I am half way there. Good job to all of you!
I'm almost to halfway. I like that thought. It took awhile to get into the 170s. It seemed like that scale was stuck at 181 forever!
I'm still waiting for someone other than my family to notice, though. We see hundreds of customers each week. Some we have known for 25 years and not one has said anything. Like my husband says they see us but they no longer notice us. My knitter girl friends better notice. I havent seen them in 2 months. I Plan on wearing my new skinnier jeans and a tight t-shirt. We are getting together on the 20th so that gives me a few weeks yet. Want to make a bet? My husband says they won't even notice. They are used to me as I am. It's hard work as you all know and I appreciate it. I know I'm doing it for myself. I deserve it, but darn it already......

I know how you feel. Not one person at work has said anything about my 35 lb loss and I didn't see them for three months. Then again they are used to me coming in in August on the lighter side and then watching me pork up like I have a firehouse up the u no where during the school year. At the end of this year they are going to be surprised when I don't pork up! Thank you IP?

Fishette 09-05-2012 08:36 PM

We've been sensitized at work to never make any comment about a person's appearance, however when several women in the same office lost 4 dress sizes seemingly overnight, I couldn't help but talk to one of them (in private of course), which is how I learned about IP. I would never dare say anything in front of others even though they look fantastic. How sad that they can't hear how happy I am for them because I might accidental hurt someone's feelings in the process.

Please know that you may have many customers like me who were taught very well to keep our mouths shut. We do notice and are thrilled for your success!

greeniris 09-05-2012 10:12 PM

Thank you evepet, delgen, yesmyqueen (I smile every time I see your name!), & Molly. I haven't posted much lately cause this is not the usual me, but guess I needed to get it out. And Molly, I'd love to get together again sometime!

With the help of my VIP & Kaypix's instructions, I've been working on putting pics into my sig line. Let's see if it worked...

ddpaddler 09-05-2012 10:46 PM

Trying to figure out why I am not losing wt.... Can you drink too much water? I thought I was to drink water when I wanted to eat /hungry, maybe I am drinking too much.m looking for answers..... Trying not to be too discouraged