3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264987-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-2-a.html)

WingnutandMe 09-09-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4462870)
I HAD A FABULOUS DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your day with us, especially the photos. Make me feel like I was almost there with you.

Molly

BLUEJEWEL 09-09-2012 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4461451)
yes i use a mandoline....i have the de buyer ultra and i love it!
it is adjustable to any size thickness.

http://www.debuyer.com/product.php?i...at=59&lang=ENG

thank you. I am going to borrow my sisters first, before i buy one. make sure i will use it. she works at william sonoma so she can get me great diso****s!

BLUEJEWEL 09-09-2012 09:39 PM

looks like a fantastic time, and good for you for planning so well! your salad looked YUMMY! and congrats on taking your shorts off and wrapping your towel, what wonderful NSV!!!! hard to say what would have been the best part of your day!

Yesmyqueen 09-09-2012 09:48 PM

Love the pics rainbow, looks like a great time! Lucky girl

Halfagain 09-09-2012 09:59 PM

Thanks for sharing! It does indeed sound fabulous and congratulations on the NSV towel as well.
:dance::dance::dance:
:bravo:

Msmeanni 09-09-2012 10:14 PM

Rainbow, that was beautiful.

rainbowsmiles 09-09-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4462875)
Thanks for sharing your day with us, especially the photos. Make me feel like I was almost there with you.

Molly

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLUEJEWEL (Post 4462901)
looks like a fantastic time, and good for you for planning so well! your salad looked YUMMY! and congrats on taking your shorts off and wrapping your towel, what wonderful NSV!!!! hard to say what would have been the best part of your day!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen (Post 4462907)
Love the pics rainbow, looks like a great time! Lucky girl

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4462919)
Thanks for sharing! It does indeed sound fabulous and congratulations on the NSV towel as well.
:dance::dance::dance:
:bravo:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Msmeanni (Post 4462939)
Rainbow, that was beautiful.

:grouphug:
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
its a good feeling....today was just one of those special days...
when everything was just perfect!!:o

joysh 09-09-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4462510)
Looks like you have been dealing with the same weather as us. It's funny having been born and raised in CA, I thought the mid 90's was a heat wave. That has all changed since moving to TX. ;)

I was raised up north in New York and moved to Texas 35 years ago. It's still too hot for me. Crazy that the 90s are considered "cooler" weather!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles (Post 4462946)
:grouphug:
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
its a good feeling....today was just one of those special days...
when everything was just perfect!!:o

Oh, this looks just wonderful! So glad you had a great day, Rainbow! Yes, wrapping the towel around is AMAZING!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::beach::beach:

Which beach did you go to?

ddpaddler 09-09-2012 10:36 PM

Rainbowsmiles.... What a great vacation, I could reach out and feel the ocean thru your pix. And descriptions. Love the veggie container too. I'm hoping to find something like that to help organize my lunches during an upcoming road trip.
As for the dehydrator conversation. I have has one for years. I use it for all my herbs in the fall as well as drying fruit slices such as apples and making fruit leathers. Now that I am on the IP plan, the veggies re getting the focus. I'm thinking of trying shredded zuccani rather than slices.
I had a great 4mile trail run this afternoon. I just felt skinnier as I flew over the trail!

Rhonduz 09-09-2012 11:27 PM

Rainbow you are such a sweet person, an excellent cook, and just an all around great inspiration! I love your pics!!!!! You my dear are a winner in all areas. I wish you nothing but great things ahead!

DanafromAustin 09-09-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8441/7...346f5239c1.jpg

my sea view!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....the beach was awesome!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8303/7...d047563f_n.jpg

dh shaking up the margaritas!! JUST KIDDING....its home made limeade with splenda and fresh basil!!! yum!!!!!!!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8439/7...b6d3e1a700.jpg

we watched the shrimp boats putter by!!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8445/7...fc74b5f2_n.jpg

we watched the surfers!!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8299/7...dc177b9140.jpg

we feed the seagulls!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8438/7...9a2db12bba.jpg

and i fed myself!!! i LOVE my lock and lock container...
each inner section is 1 cup...so i can easily pack my
2 cups free lettuce and 2 cups veggies...then when
ready to eat...just dump them all into the large
container, add my dressing and i'm good to go!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8040/7...35ce158ec1.jpg

yum!!!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8460/7...5e05ee49a4.jpg

of course i wrote my name in the sand!!!!

AND!!!....

I was BRAVE enough to take off my shorts AND my beach coverup!!
this is something i just have not had courage to do
in the past!!!

it was a positively perfect day!!!
the waves were pretty rough....but it was a blast!!

i had a very emotional moment....when we were packing to leave...
and had a lot to carry...and i had my towel over my shoulder...
because thats the way i have carried it forever... for a specific reason...
but i had several tote bags and my chair also on my shoulders...
so in the end....i sat everything down and wrapped
the towel around my waist....and it fit!! i actually tied my towel
around my waist for the first time in maybe 25 years. my battery was
dead in my camera by that point... but i will take another photo
one day because that is EPIC TO ME!!!

Once again you put a big smile on my face. What a lovely post and what a lovely day. I'm sure there are several of us who could relate to your NSV. I'm always still amazed that I can now actually wrap a bath towel around me. It's these "little" every day things that many take for granted, but to us are such a big deal. Thank you for sharing your special day with us. :hug:

Delgen 09-10-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

i had a very emotional moment....when we were packing to leave...
and had a lot to carry...and i had my towel over my shoulder...
because thats the way i have carried it forever... for a specific reason...
but i had several tote bags and my chair also on my shoulders...
so in the end....i sat everything down and wrapped
the towel around my waist....and it fit!! i actually tied my towel
around my waist for the first time in maybe 25 years. my battery was
dead in my camera by that point... but i will take another photo
one day because that is EPIC TO ME!!!

I am just thrilled to no end for you. Truly! You deserve every beautiful thing in life. What a great day!:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

austintacious 09-10-2012 08:09 AM

I just turned 50 last week so Hi Y'all!
I had wanted to lose 50# before i turned 50 but looks like my goal will be to lose 50+# while I am 50. I guess better late than never. I am looking forward to the 50s decade!

BLUEJEWEL 09-10-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddpaddler (Post 4462966)
I had a great 4mile trail run this afternoon. I just felt skinnier as I flew over the trail!

DD, good for you on the trail run! and I know what you mean about flying over the course!
I did a similar thing yesterday, but foolishly forgot nourishment for the half way point and thought I was going to get sick, but fortunately I made it. Anyway, yes I had been stuck at 166-169 for about 2 or 3 weeks and then this morning I was down to 162.9!!!( I wish today was my WI, drat!) I think I was in a funk and needed a change up. The run pushed me through the plateau. Lets hope it stays true for tomorrow realy WI!
I loved your comment about flying over the trail, don't you love how your body feels when you go for your runs now? I notice my arms aren;t hitting my hips, far less jostling in the caboose area, and my heart and knees, well they just sing when not carrying so much extra weight up and down hills.
And I absolutely I feel thinner, it is so amazing!
Have a great day, and Happy Trails!

rainbowsmiles 09-10-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4462965)
Oh, this looks just wonderful! So glad you had a great day, Rainbow! Yes, wrapping the towel around is AMAZING!!!!!!:carrot::carrot::beach::beach:
Which beach did you go to?

thank you joy :) we went to EDISTO BEACH. its about 36 miles away. even though folly beach is closer to us only 4 miles away, we love to go to edisto because there is a state park right there on the beach and there are picnic table, restrooms, changing rooms, etc...and actually, once labor day comes and goes, is practically empty of people....so its so quiet and restful and peaceful and just the sound of the waves soothes the soul!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddpaddler (Post 4462966)
Rainbowsmiles.... What a great vacation, I could reach out and feel the ocean thru your pix. And descriptions. Love the veggie container too. I'm hoping to find something like that to help organize my lunches during an upcoming road trip.
As for the dehydrator conversation. I have has one for years. I use it for all my herbs in the fall as well as drying fruit slices such as apples and making fruit leathers. Now that I am on the IP plan, the veggies re getting the focus. I'm thinking of trying shredded zuccani rather than slices.

it was indeed just one of those perfect days!!

:cp: wow....a 4 mile run!!! i really can't wait until i can do something like that!! i have my first ever 5k coming up sept 22!! 1. i can't believe i am actually doing something like that! 2. it amazes me that as i lose the weight, i am becoming more and more integrated into "society"!! i have been such a recluse for so many years!!! this is really a beautiful benefit of IP for me!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonduz (Post 4463004)
Rainbow you are such a sweet person, an excellent cook, and just an all around great inspiration! I love your pics!!!!! You my dear are a winner in all areas. I wish you nothing but great things ahead!

:hug: wow.....your post really touched me. what a lovely and endearing thing to say!! to think that i could inspire ANYONE....just makes me feel all giddy inside!! :) thank you for being YOU!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanafromAustin (Post 4463010)
Once again you put a big smile on my face. What a lovely post and what a lovely day. I'm sure there are several of us who could relate to your NSV. I'm always still amazed that I can now actually wrap a bath towel around me. It's these "little" every day things that many take for granted, but to us are such a big deal. Thank you for sharing your special day with us. :hug:

Dana...you are so right!!! its all those "little" things that just bring me squeels of delight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4463055)
I am just thrilled to no end for you. Truly! You deserve every beautiful thing in life. What a great day!:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

it was a perfect day!!!! i sat there in my chair thinking, i can't believe i am sitting here in a bathing suit and nothing else!! no coverup, no jogging pants, no shorts....just me. and amazingly, it was liberating. it was a strange feeling for me. i was not embarrassed, i was not ashamed, i wasn't "hiding" under a towel....i was just me....sitting there....and it was rather nice!! losing weight is not just good for the body or your health, its good mentally as well!!